Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Mmmmm maybe when all the repackaged animations and reskinned items are all available for not £15... even then probably not

EA has so much potential for a cross-franchise thing (or... had). I would pay money for a Dragon Age pack, just wait for 2025 when DA4 comes out, our sims will finally be able to be Qunari

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah this is gonna be a "wait for the sale" one

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm gonna woohoo with Hondo.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I haven't played a Sims game in ages, is this worth picking up just to gently caress around for 20-30 hours? I keep checking in at random page intervals and it just seems like everyone's talking about entirely disconnected DLC and addons and stuff

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Bet the aliens are all just fully body costumes and cantina musical dude takes his head off when he showers.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

zedprime posted:

If it's a game pack with a plot like Strangerville I guess it's even marginally better than Strangerville because you can at least cosplay and listen to jizz when you're done with the story.

Can't wait for wicked whims to update so I can jizz on a twi'lek while jizz plays in the background

radlum
May 13, 2013

Veotax posted:

This looks dumb as poo poo. Sign me up.

Yeah; I can't wait to have Kylo Ren as one of my roomies and turn my house into a Star Wars house. I won't be able to go to Destiny's Edge in a looong time, so this works perfectly for me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRm0WssOE

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

This Star Wars pack looks like a fun enough thing, I might pick it up despite not being a big Star Wars guy.

Burginator posted:

I haven't played a Sims game in ages, is this worth picking up just to gently caress around for 20-30 hours? I keep checking in at random page intervals and it just seems like everyone's talking about entirely disconnected DLC and addons and stuff

Yeah, that's how I play and I've had a lot of fun with it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Leal posted:

This must be what its like to be at ground zero of a series jumping the shark.

The Urbz was 2004 my man

..oh god

bobsmyuncle
Feb 21, 2006

aw yiss
I refuse to buy a Star Wars pack unless my Sim can force choke other Sims.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The game glitches and the lightsaber remains stuck to your sim's hand like kittens and puppies did in TS3, so your sim just leaves a trail of destruction in their wake

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

sweeperbravo posted:

The game glitches and the lightsaber remains stuck to your sim's hand like kittens and puppies did in TS3, so your sim just leaves a trail of destruction in their wake

Oh, Sims 3. Imagine a lightsaber duel with this bad boy.

Or this.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Hah, called it.

All the aliens are just a mix of hats for the head and gloves/stockings to cover the arms/legs but they look real bad if you put them in a bathing suit or like, shorts.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

oh jay posted:

Oh, Sims 3. Imagine a lightsaber duel with this bad boy.

Or this.

Do you really have to imagine it? Isn't that just Obi-Wan versus Grevious?

Leal posted:

Can't wait for wicked whims to update so I can jizz on a twi'lek while jizz plays in the background

Isn't there a Twi'lek costume already in the game, Aayala Secura? You can already fulfill your disgusting and horrible erotic fantasies.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Geting that sims itch, and it has nothing to do with the quote above. Snatching sims off the gallery and A: Why does it still chug my system and B: my god most of these sims are blond and white.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I wish they'd gone with a Star Trek cross promotion instead. It's such a better fit for the sims! A bunch of coworkers living together, pursuing various career tracks. There's even a daycare on the ship if we're talking TNG.

Edit: continuing to fantasize about this. The ship could essentially be its own neighborhood. It’s gene roddenberry’s world, so everybody be woohooing. Lots of opportunities to meet weird new people, without it being some good vs evil thing, which you know the sims isn’t going to do well.

How can you represent a dire galactic conflict and still let everyone bone?

Hell, Sim Trek could be its own spinoff like Medieval, there’s easily enough there.

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 8, 2020

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
The pack is pretty much reviled as a soulless pack and given LGR's take. It shows how tone deaf EA is.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Not only did they release a pack that nobody wanted they also managed to break every cc window, door and arch because the update changed how the wall cutouts for them works. They still work in that you can use the doors and light comes in from the windows, but they no longer have the transparency they should have.
A batch fixed is being worked on but it might only work for rectangular shaped ones, anything more complicated might have to be redone by hand by the creator.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I wish I could gently caress up yet still make money hand over fist the way EA does.

I can’t decide if his or the Katy Perry pack for the Sims 3 makes me more... well. Annoyed is more accurate than mad, but still.

At least it’s easy for me to sit this one out because there’s literally nothing there for me, not even in CAS or buy mode.

SurelyForth
May 21, 2007

To be fair, while the pack is a dumpster fire of bad ideas, the update to windows is actually very cool and I don't know if I want stuff like that to go unimplemented just because it might break custom content.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i’ll probably get it at some point but only if it goes on a big sale.

tbh i think the reception for the star wars stuff would be better if it was a game or stuff pack versus being a actual expansion. it’s just so weirdly specific and niche, especially for a audience that’s as broad as the sims. i really doubt that the middle aged housewife demographic is that into star wars and those who really were into it probably already had cc downloaded.

i get that it’s nice to have something official but it really feels that EA is just throwing out ideas and has no overreaching vision for the game.

i do like the qol changes ts4 made (the multitasking is nice and i don’t hate the emotion system) but i wish we could bring back the genetics and systems from ts2.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Splash Attack posted:

i'll probably get it at some point but only if it goes on a big sale.

tbh i think the reception for the star wars stuff would be better if it was a game or stuff pack versus being a actual expansion. it's just so weirdly specific and niche, especially for a audience that's as broad as the sims. i really doubt that the middle aged housewife demographic is that into star wars and those who really were into it probably already had cc downloaded.

i get that it's nice to have something official but it really feels that EA is just throwing out ideas and has no overreaching vision for the game.

i do like the qol changes ts4 made (the multitasking is nice and i don't hate the emotion system) but i wish we could bring back the genetics and systems from ts2.

I thought it was a game pack?

I'd have rather had a Mass Effect pack if a sci-fi crossover was necessary, but that doesn't bring in the Disney bucks I guess.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

When is the Duck Tales pack?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

A Mass Effect pack would be great! I had a go at making Shep's citadel apartment a while back.

Also I'm glad we got the windows update really, it will be fun when building, I just wish they'd warned people ahead of it so that they could update their cc to work with it. I'm just annoyed that so many of my builds are broken while everyone scrambles to work out how to fix it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
VERDICT SO FAR:

1. This is incredibly lazy.

2. I don't care about the new movies at all and the last thing I want is Adam Driver and his Iggy-Pop-fighting-snakes torso situation in my eyes at all. Boy, I really really really really really do not like Kylo Ren as a character and I feel the same way about his acting "prowess", okay. So my point is, I would rather have a freakin' EWOKS CARTOON-themed Star Wars pack than the new tepidness.

I would rather listen to Carrie Fisher sing the Life Song.
I would rather go to Tosche Station and watch Cami and Fixer grind crotches.
I would rather give a job to JAKE FREAKIN' LLOYD.

ask me someday about why and how much I hate Natalie Portman, along these lines.

3. All we could do for CAS is the "dusty space commoner" look? No sumptuous Amidala gear? Ummm, a buns hairdo that isn't a hat?!?!?

4. I loving can't find this First Order control panel thing I'm supposed to hack.

5. Are there even Jedi in this bitch?

6. Housewares are pretty good tbh, like on-brand.

7. This is a scruffy-looking nerf herder of a pack and I liked the knitting bullshit MORE.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Has there been any reviews yet that aren't "Disney owns Star Wars now, so it sucks regardless of content" or "how dare they get corporate brand in my corporate brand"?

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

ajkalan posted:

I thought it was a game pack?

I'd have rather had a Mass Effect pack if a sci-fi crossover was necessary, but that doesn't bring in the Disney bucks I guess.

honestly i have no idea, i thought it was a game pack but before i posted i checked and everywhere seems to be referring as a expansion? and honestly, i do not really care enough to go further :v:

but yeah, between this, eco life, and tiny living, it just feels like we’re getting parts and pieces of a expansion pack. eco life and tiny living could had been part of the same or bigger expansion, and a sci-fi pack with mass effect, star wars, and general sci fi stuff would had been neat.

i still think it’s worlds better than the sims 3 store, where they had loot boxes and two tier neighborhoods for sale (a cheaper one and then a more expensive one with “exclusives”) but at this point i don’t expect anything major from ts4.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's a Game Pack, yes. Most places don't differentiate.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

UPDATE: Finally found the comm tower, finished the mission, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand crash to desktop.

SUCK A PORG!!!!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
if i can't chat up a twi'lek then what's even the loving point

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Horizon Burning posted:

if i can't chat up a twi'lek then what's even the loving point

I totally already banged like 3 twi'leks, but I'm using mods, so ymmv.

I wish they had starwarsed it up a bit more and called it W'ooh'oo or something.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

IIRC they removed beds from all the Star Wars lots to discourage boning but they added *specific* scripted locks on franchise characters like Rey and Kylo Ren to prevent any romantic interaction with them.

Because Disney gotta Disney.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

IIRC they removed beds from all the Star Wars lots to discourage boning but they added *specific* scripted locks on franchise characters like Rey and Kylo Ren to prevent any romantic interaction with them.

This is hosed up and completely against the spirit of the Sims. How will they be a part of my celebrity gay polycule?! Gordon ramsay, voldemort, Steve buscemi, and the cast of entourage are going to be pissed.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Remind me. Is banging Drew Carey canon?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Oh, I am modding the crap out of those incels.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

oh jay posted:

Remind me. Is banging Drew Carey canon?

If the price is right, baby

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

However in other news..I'm on the MC control panel discord and they had to *literally tell people* they will be banned on sight if they wander in asking for help with the Colonelnutty mod. For those that are blissfully unaware it lets you kiddie diddle. And I guess all the Star Trek pedos are ALSO star wars pedos cause they all came in asking for poo poo with the release of the new expac.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Got that sims itch and trying it out again and of course when I decide I want to do some freelance jobs EA breaks gig payout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Leal posted:

Got that sims itch and trying it out again and of course when I decide I want to do some freelance jobs EA breaks gig payout.

:thatsea: