Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Factory is hard because there's no room to spread out PMC spawns and most people know where they are and run straight for them.

Factory works in waves. A lot of gunfire at the beginning, quiet looting, first spawn wave of scavs, more gunfire, more looting, next spawn wave of scavs, repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ChesterJT posted:

Factory is hard because there's no room to spread out PMC spawns and most people know where they are and run straight for them.

Factory works in waves. A lot of gunfire at the beginning, quiet looting, first spawn wave of scavs, more gunfire, more looting, next spawn wave of scavs, repeat.

I find the scavs on factory to be kind of unpredictable. They are either normal, or hyper aggressive zombie horde mode.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Today's objective was to acquire a Customs key and complete Delivery from the Past.

Never been into factory before so I scavved in to have a look around and got lucky and found the key immediately. Made it out, nice and easy.

Took me two tries to get the docs from Customs, but that's how it do.

Figured after that fairly easy scav run in Factory doing it as a PMC couldn't be too bad. Reality crashed into me about six seconds after I loaded in. Fastest I've ever died so far. My precious documents are gone :saddowns:

This feels like kind of a mean quest to hit a newbie with. But I will persevere.

any time you have that quest goons will stack factory with you and protec

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I missed the chance to offer my guide but here it is.

half face mask
kind of cowboy hat
makarov
bank robber
smoke grenade

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

ChesterJT posted:

Is an official time when SCAVs spawn?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

It's not a hard set time but there's ranges. Do some 5-man factory farming sometime. You'll kill several then its nothing for like 8 minutes then more pop in. I would say on average its 8-10 minutes between waves so you'll get a couple per factory raid. Not counting the few that are on the map at the start. Once there's like 7 minutes left and you've swept the map its safe to loot.

I dont know if that holds true across all maps. Factory is odd just due to the compact size and shorter time.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

TheTofuShop posted:

Uh...can you give us any specifics here? Looking at a certain platform in particular? Trying to snipe? Dump mags with no recoil? Whats your budget? Have you unlocked all trader levels?

Otherwise, you generally want recoil to go down and ergo to go up. Weight is also a factor.

If youre looking for a written up comprehensive guide to how attachments work and which are better than others, I dont know of one that exists. The wiki has most of that info though. :shrug:

I want something like this but updated for all weapons?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Escapefrom...tm_content=PSR1

However, I found this which is super useful. https://tarkov-gunsmith.com/

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

ChesterJT posted:

Lot of streamers seem to be souring on the game until the devs actually fix some real problems. They don't listen to the players so maybe they'll listen to the people who made the game popular. They do on everything else.

Oh god, streamers are literally the last people who devs should be listening to for any advice. Listening to advice from sweaty basement lords who play the game for 8hrs a day is NOT a good source of advice for the rest of the player base. There are a ton of mechanics that streamers simply will never enjoy because they don't lend themselves to entertainment on a stream, basically anything that isnt twitch-reflex COD type gameplay. Case in point, Pestily's dumb mosin thing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Oysters Autobio posted:

Oh god, streamers are literally the last people who devs should be listening to for any advice. Listening to advice from sweaty basement lords who play the game for 8hrs a day is NOT a good source of advice for the rest of the player base. There are a ton of mechanics that streamers simply will never enjoy because they don't lend themselves to entertainment on a stream, basically anything that isnt twitch-reflex COD type gameplay. Case in point, Pestily's dumb mosin thing.

Oh I 100% agree. They have increased the games popularity while at the same time sucking all the fun out of it. I just see this as a broken clock type situation. There's a lot of streamer encouraged changes I'd love to see gone but at the same time if they can pressure Nikita into fixing some god damned horrible bugs and stupid UI bullshit I'm all for it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Why don't they just keep players level 1-9 separate and when you hit flea market you are thrown to the wolves?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Why don't they just keep players level 1-9 separate and when you hit flea market you are thrown to the wolves?

Because that would be basically against the spirit of the whole game?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

It would allow smurfs to club newbies without risking getting slapped in return.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

It would allow smurfs to club newbies without risking getting slapped in return.

Yeah this was my thought too.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017
I think some of the planned changes including changing hitboxes to match actual armor profiles (right now the hitboxes are just generically all around your body) by having you actually die from a bullet that hits you in the armpit rather than wearing magic armor where bullets bounce off because you had enough money will help balance the game more. Money and experience should definitely give you an edge, but it shouldn't be just carte blanche to sprint around the map and just down every person you see because bullets literally bounce off you.

I also think there should be more of an effect getting shot and soaking a round, but I've heard mixed debates on what the actual "realism" of this is (some argue that when you get shot, if a plate absorbs the round you'll still be knocked on your rear end, others argue that it just feels more like a punch to the gut).

Basically the equalizer should be that a smart player with a lovely gun can methodically setup and ambush the chads out there who like to play riskier because of their expensive gear. Right now its not really balanced in that favor because too many morons complain about "campers" and that would make the game too boring.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Oysters Autobio posted:

Basically the equalizer should be that a smart player with a lovely gun can methodically setup and ambush the chads out there who like to play riskier because of their expensive gear.

You can do this right now. I just took down a juiced 2 man on shoreline with a vpo215 like an hour ago.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Ixtlilton posted:

any time you have that quest goons will stack factory with you and protec

Yeah I just tried it again and didn't make it so might have to get some help for it. I've never used discord for much of anything and I don't generally play games where I need to talk to people so the whole thing will be a very new experience for me.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah I just tried it again and didn't make it so might have to get some help for it. I've never used discord for much of anything and I don't generally play games where I need to talk to people so the whole thing will be a very new experience for me.

Goons were nice, goons were helpful, this is done.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

This has been your daily update of a noob's Tarkov livejournal

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Oysters Autobio posted:

I think some of the planned changes including changing hitboxes to match actual armor profiles (right now the hitboxes are just generically all around your body) by having you actually die from a bullet that hits you in the armpit rather than wearing magic armor where bullets bounce off because you had enough money will help balance the game more. Money and experience should definitely give you an edge, but it shouldn't be just carte blanche to sprint around the map and just down every person you see because bullets literally bounce off you.

I also think there should be more of an effect getting shot and soaking a round, but I've heard mixed debates on what the actual "realism" of this is (some argue that when you get shot, if a plate absorbs the round you'll still be knocked on your rear end, others argue that it just feels more like a punch to the gut).

Basically the equalizer should be that a smart player with a lovely gun can methodically setup and ambush the chads out there who like to play riskier because of their expensive gear. Right now its not really balanced in that favor because too many morons complain about "campers" and that would make the game too boring.

buy a pp-19, one of the cheapest guns in the game that no one will ever loot and that you can load up with some of the cheapest ammo in the game, and fire it at their legs.

Calories
Apr 15, 2011

Stux posted:

buy a pp-19, one of the cheapest guns in the game that no one will ever loot and that you can load up with some of the cheapest ammo in the game, and fire it at their legs.

The ole tried and true leg meta

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

Goons were nice, goons were helpful, this is done.

There are many more quests to come that are much easier when you're playing in a 5-stack. Anything involving planting or finding stuff at Factory is made trivial, and most other fetch quests are much easier because there's four fewer PMC's potentially trying to kill you (and four more meatshields to draw enemy fire!). One quest that stands out in particular is literally called "Bullshit", where you have to get an item from the bridge in Customs, go to dorms and drop it off along with a bunch of other stuff, and survive the raid, all without killing a single scav. While yes you could get it done solo by running from scavs or using flashbangs or something, it's much much easier in a group.

What I'm saying is, play with goons!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm really digging the mp-153 leg meta right now. people don't anticipate how far the flechette's can hit. I smacked a dude in the head from 30 meters the other night because he thought he would be safe plinking me from an exposed gantry

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

I'm really digging the mp-153 leg meta right now. people don't anticipate how far the flechette's can hit. I smacked a dude in the head from 30 meters the other night because he thought he would be safe plinking me from an exposed gantry

Why are you using Fletchette on the legs? Those are for shredding armor, use magnum buckshot if you're going to hit the legs

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

gently caress this game :saddowns:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Obviously, but that said, what happened?

Gigadweeb
Sep 3, 2020
12.8 when
I just want to use the Vector already, I'm so bored of the current Val/HK/AKM/M1A meta esp. when everybody uses the same six attachments so even if they're entirely different weapon platforms every single build has a samey feel
gimme some legs to rip up already

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Gigadweeb posted:

12.8 when
I just want to use the Vector already, I'm so bored of the current Val/HK/AKM/M1A meta esp. when everybody uses the same six attachments so even if they're entirely different weapon platforms every single build has a samey feel

You can use whatever you want. Build a shotgun if you're bored of those options.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Gigadweeb posted:

12.8 when

You're playing "19 y/o discovers tapco catalog and cheap romanian sks" simulator, wherein most people die to 1 headshot. Build a pimped out TOZ! Bring a inventory of folded up kedrs and throw them away when they are empty like the Matrix! Run a buttstock pistol with a drummag!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Be aware that you can quick bind pistols to 1-9, stack 10 pistols in your vest and become John Wick, pulling out new pistols when the one in your hands is empty.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

General Probe posted:

Obviously, but that said, what happened?

It was just one of those nights you have in competitive games that make you question whether you've actually learned anything or are improving at all. Five PMC deaths in a row on Customs, two of them to AI scavs.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

It was just one of those nights you have in competitive games that make you question whether you've actually learned anything or are improving at all. Five PMC deaths in a row on Customs, two of them to AI scavs.

Some scav deaths are pure luck. I don't know a single player who hasn't turned a corner to get one tapped by a suddenly aimbot scav.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

Some scav deaths are pure luck. I don't know a single player who hasn't turned a corner to get one tapped by a suddenly aimbot scav.

Some days you can kill the raiders and the boss and friends on Reserve by yourself no sweat and some days a shotgun scav shoots you head-ears from 50 yards while you're wearing all level 5 armor. Balance

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

My favorite is dropping in heavily geared without a faceshield only to get 1-tapped by buckshot from a scav 50m away

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Mesadoram posted:

I find the scavs on factory to be kind of unpredictable. They are either normal, or hyper aggressive zombie horde mode.

Sounds like you might be going in tagged and cursed

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

hello internet posted:

My favorite is dropping in heavily geared without a faceshield only to get 1-tapped by buckshot from a scav 50m away

I got this twice in a row yesterday, and then a player scav killed two of my friends with a shotgun and blasted me thru the visor with one of their AKs when I came to clean up in the third game. Then it was a 500k scav run on shoreline where we didn't even see other scavs. They're going to find me dead at my desk over this emotional roller coaster

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lorem ipsum posted:

Sounds like you might be going in tagged and cursed

Story of my life :smith:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I die from shotgun headshots once a day. It is the bane of my gameplay.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Cage Kicker posted:

They're going to find me dead at my desk over this emotional roller coaster

This is why I hate this game but more importantly it's why I love it.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

This game is a great Buddhism simulator because it teaches you that attachment is pain and to simply let go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm still using PACA and the penis helmet and bank robber rigs and the SKS and other poo poo nobody wants so I don't worry so much about losing gear, I worry more about where I'm going to put it all when I log on the next day and find I got five or six full kits back in insurance.