Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I expect any Demiurge would be able to counter another Demiurge just straight up using space-magic to destroy one of their worlds (particularly since I expect a key has more influence on its own reality?) and if you have to do it manually then going up against Gog is going to be hard no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

I expect any Demiurge would be able to counter another Demiurge just straight up using space-magic to destroy one of their worlds (particularly since I expect a key has more influence on its own reality?) and if you have to do it manually then going up against Gog is going to be hard no matter what.

Yeah, I think the only way you could actually kill Gog-Agog is with one of those "this will kill everything related to the sacrifice" spells you see in some media. If you're gonna wage war against worms, you're going into 111,111 worlds full of them and they will absolutely outnumber everyone if push comes to shove, nevermind whatever their reproductive rate might be once they start devouring fallen enemies.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'd taken for granted that a lot of the demiurge realms were vulnerable to headshots but finally thinking about it a little bit and

-Jagganoth is personally invincible so that's out
-Gog isn't really in any one location so that's a pain in the absolute rear end and may as well just do a broad spectrum invasion
-Mottom's realm has already survived a successful headshot
-Mammon and Jadis are already not really in a state where they're running things that tightly, fairly clear with Mammon and implicit with Jadis that there's a functioning interplanetary bureaucracy that doesn't really need their input
-Incubus isn't even trying to run things personally, what's assassinating him going to do, cause more disorder under the word of flame?

The Celestial Empire is the one that's the most vulnerable to actually losing its demiurge, a nice case of irony given Solomon's explicit desire to have a civilization that could function if he weren't around, driven home even further by 4 of his 6 rivals doing that by accident. His people could manage without him, but he's such a helicopter parent that he's smothered that constantly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Lobe posted:

There's no assassinating Gog Agog, she is a distributed mass spread through the multiverse. There is no core node.

That you know of! :tinfoil:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

skaianDestiny posted:

Abbadon said that a focused Gog would give even Jagganoth trouble. That doesn't sound like someone who can oneshot all the worms.
Oh man, if he couldn't stand Gog snarking on him and that's why he wants to destroy the multiverse, I wonder if he brought it up to Mottom

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just ping @gogagog on Discord

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I suspect that the crucial thing with Gog would be ripping the key out of her, which I assume can be done.
Once you do that, you don't have a single omniversal Gog Agog, you have a multiuniversal Gog Agog infestation. Which isn't great but is going to be easier to handle, especially if you seal all those gates.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1300579726482956288

Aww, poor Momma Abbadon.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yep it's over

Jagganoth defeated offscreen with the power of friendship

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Abaddon about to go Stephen King at the end of Dark Tower.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

OK, until this was brought up I had no consideration of Momma Abbadon knowing about her kid's ultra-metal comic, and the image now is just too :3: for words.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I wonder what kind of LANCER mech Mama Abbadon has. Probably a Manticore.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

CASTIGATE THE ENEMIES OF MY BABY

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Reach heaven through parental love

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Mathangi "Abbadon's Mom" Mantra aka Mathangi Ten Meti "Support the Adult Son and Compliment their Comic"

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Comic book logic dictates that Abbadon's mom is an even more powerful and dangerous comic book artist. With a guitar riff for a mouth and Frank Frazetta for both parents (Long Story).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Lobe posted:

There's no assassinating Gog Agog, she is a distributed mass spread through the multiverse. There is no core node.

The genocide scroll from Nethack ought to do the job.

Bonus points if you forget how to spell Gog-Agog (does it have a dash or is there a space?) so you just wildcard it to everything that begins with G.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

DancingShade posted:

The genocide scroll from Nethack ought to do the job.

Bonus points if you forget how to spell Gog-Agog (does it have a dash or is there a space?) so you just wildcard it to everything that begins with G.

and that's how we killed God

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Should have started with "Y"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Jack demanding VG10 teach her the kamehameha is perfect

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1300911936842936320

Renaissance Robot posted:

Jack demanding VG10 teach her the kamehameha is perfect

e: I also enjoyed the absurdity of the literal angel asking about "the tongue the angels"

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 1, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I thought White Chain can understand English no problem? She could understand Allison in the beginning before the devil liquor.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Brought To You By posted:

I thought White Chain can understand English no problem? She could understand Allison in the beginning before the devil liquor.

I assume since her physiology has completely changed she has to do the "drink devil liquor and the barf and eat the tiny devil after" to understand.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I love that they're using the translation brackets around English words.

Especially around words that are just "hey!".

Brought To You By posted:

It's explained.
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-2/
Here White Chains says she doesn't know English, and instead asks Allison how comes she had no knowledge of Throne's lingua franca.
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-26/
There White Chains explains she had been feeding Allison blue devil liquor for a while -- not just the one time we saw it "on screen", but also before, presumably when she interrogated her and discovered they couldn't understand each other. Allison blacked out between her arrival in Throne and when she woke up, but that doesn't mean she was unconscious throughout; just that she doesn't remember what she did in the meantime.

I mean, it was a big shock.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Cio makes the best faces.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A reminder: Cio is a master of the Red Art. Saying things in precise, specific ways is her whole deal.

And she still doesn't want to deal with learning English.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Happy meet and greet all around.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

A teacher back in high school asked me to help out the kids struggling with English. I had no idea how to help, I got good grades because I was a nerd reading D&D sourcebooks all the time. I couldn't clarify a single grammar rule because I didn't actually understand any English grammar.

I now write and teach writing for a living. Things haven't changed much. What a terrible language.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

A reminder: Cio is a master of the Red Art. Saying things in precise, specific ways is her whole deal.

It probably hasn't been a big problem until her lover started talking to her boyfriend in a language she can't understand.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

PMush Perfect posted:

English is an incredibly imprecise language that has some great opportunities for stuff like poetry and comically bad for science and trade, despite it being the lingua franca of both of those.

Anyway that last panel makes Jack seem bigger and Nyave seem smaller than I'd thought of either of them.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
'We saw everything'

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tulip posted:

English is an incredibly imprecise language that has some great opportunities for stuff like poetry and comically bad for science and trade, despite it being the lingua franca of both of those.

Anyway that last panel makes Jack seem bigger and Nyave seem smaller than I'd thought of either of them.

Red Devils are burlier so Jack has always seemed kinda huge to me.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Darth Walrus posted:

'We saw everything'

That's considered more polite than "nice tits."

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

I love that they're using the translation brackets around English words.

Especially around words that are just "hey!".

It's explained.
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-2/
Here White Chains says she doesn't know English, and instead asks Allison how comes she had no knowledge of Throne's lingua franca.
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-26/
There White Chains explains she had been feeding Allison blue devil liquor for a while -- not just the one time we saw it "on screen", but also before, presumably when she interrogated her and discovered they couldn't understand each other. Allison blacked out between her arrival in Throne and when she woke up, but that doesn't mean she was unconscious throughout; just that she doesn't remember what she did in the meantime.

I mean, it was a big shock.

See, I didn't read it that way because up until Allison and White Chain start talking there isn't any indication Allison has been conscious between her landing in the fight white chain was in, and when she wakes up in White Chain's apartment. I figured the "3 turns" refers to the time since Allison woke. On top of that White Chain in this new page doesn't even seem to register that Allison is speaking the same language she would have heard Allision speaking in the first chapter. :shrug: I just figured Angels had an implicit understanding of the languages of creation and Allison was the only one who needed a translator.

skaianDestiny posted:

I assume since her physiology has completely changed she has to do the "drink devil liquor and the barf and eat the tiny devil after" to understand.
Maybe this?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If White Chain had some innate understanding of all languages and suddenly lost it I think she would have more of a reaction than “that sounds funny”.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

White Chain and Cio posted:

"What strange tongue is that? Is it the tongue of Los Angeles?"
"Ugh. Tis' called In-ge-lish. A horrible mess of a language for gape-a-gap idiots."
"Can you speak it?"
"Nay. Twas too odious a task."

The alt text posted:

In Cio's defense, coming from someone who taught it as a second language for years, English is in fact a horrible bastard language.

PMush Perfect posted:

Rhaka posted:

A teacher back in high school asked me to help out the kids struggling with English. I had no idea how to help, I got good grades because I was a nerd reading D&D sourcebooks all the time. I couldn't clarify a single grammar rule because I didn't actually understand any English grammar.

I now write and teach writing for a living. Things haven't changed much. What a terrible language.

Tulip posted:

Speaking as someone who grew up speaking English as my native tongue, this is all an absolutely fair and correct assessment. :hmmyes:

I forget where, but sometime either in high school or college, I heard it said that English doesn't borrow words from other languages, it drags other languages into dark alleys, beats them up, then rifles through their pockets looking for loose grammar.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What's a good language

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

W.T. Fits posted:

Speaking as someone who grew up speaking English as my native tongue, this is all an absolutely fair and correct assessment. :hmmyes:

I forget where, but sometime either in high school or college, I heard it said that English doesn't borrow words from other languages, it drags other languages into dark alleys, beats them up, then rifles through their pockets looking for loose grammar.

I'm pretty sure that's from Terry Pratchett. Might be Douglas Adams. Both men who knew and loved their native tongue for the wanton whore that it is.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
There are no good languages, because a good language would be easy to learn and understand. It would promote concepts of harmony and understanding and bless the tongues of those who spoke it with care and precision.

We live in a universe ruled by the sword. The languages we have must cleave our thoughts into rough hewn shapes and spew them forth upon friend and foe alike. They breed misunderstanding and discord because that is how things have been ordained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

The only good language is a dead language.

So like, Latin. I guess. Old Aramaic?