Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fuzz posted:

Anyone have any luck with troopers? I'm debating eBay, but man it's going for over 2x the price already, it's loving insane how badly Target has hosed this up. :smithicide:

*Signs deeply*

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Anyone still need slash and leatherhead two pack?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
[edit] I missed the earlier post on this, but here are a few more details.

A Chilean glass company went to store some supplies in an old warehouse recently and they discovered it was packed to the rafters with unopened cases of Kenner toys from the late 80s that had been stored there and forgotten for decades. There's a bunch of stuff in it, but mostly M.A.S.K. and Sky Commanders.

Some stuff they've pulled as examples of the wider selection:

Here's an interview with the dude who's helping them get it out into the secondary market (he's a pretty good Transformers fan artist, as it happens):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp0HQVvBVXw

funtax fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 31, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is amazing and makes you wonder what's just sitting around gathering dust.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1300448874381955072?s=20

Unlike their previous Ultramarine, these are actually Codex compliant. They will be available for preorder for one week, and presumably also will cost 100 bucks each.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
:stare: That’s wild, and I’m glad there’s still treasure troves like that to be found in the world.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1300448874381955072?s=20

Unlike their previous Ultramarine, these are actually Codex compliant. They will be available for preorder for one week, and presumably also will cost 100 bucks each.

Given the price point, the Mclfarlane stuff coming out, and fiasco with the first release I don't know why anyone would order these.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

That is amazing and makes you wonder what's just sitting around gathering dust.

About a decade ago, a store from a local discount chain had a few cases of the first wave of the old 90's ToyBiz X-Men figures they randomly found and put out. And back when K*B Toys was imploding, their closeout store had some Action Masters from the tail end of G1 Transformers.

All the stores around here from the 80s are all gone now, though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Imagine in 2050 cracking open an old storage container and finding unopened cases of Funko Pops.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Gripweed posted:

Imagine in 2050 cracking open an old storage container and finding unopened cases of Funko Pops.

I assume that would be a treasure grove of fuel, having been capitalized on as an infinitely renewable energy source

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

funtax posted:

[edit] I missed the earlier post on this, but here are a few more details.

A Chilean glass company went to store some supplies in an old warehouse recently and they discovered it was packed to the rafters with unopened cases of Kenner toys from the late 80s that had been stored there and forgotten for decades. There's a bunch of stuff in it, but mostly M.A.S.K. and Sky Commanders.

Considering the type of plastic used in that stuff, and that it was a warehouse in Chile, I would not be surprised if most of those toys are melted and hosed up inside those boxes. That type of plastic did not do well with direct sunlight or heat, and they break down into oil really fast once the process starts (this is why old toys like that get gummy and sticky and gross over time, even if you keep them clean, assuming you didn't store them away from those two things).

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Can confirm that they may well be hosed up. A similar thing happened with mask and sky commanders about a decade ago and a bunch of them hit Ebay super cheap. I bought a couple sealed mask Dynamos, and opened one. The rubber masks literally crumbled, the sticker sheets were shot, and and the translucent figure in that pack was leeching sticky petroleum goo.

I think the dynamo was like $25 sealed, plus whatever shipping was. This appears to be a far larger stockpile than when last this happened and I'd bet some of these eventually get pretty darn cheap too.

Captain Morose fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 1, 2020

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Actually found a lone Baroness today! Today was my only day to stop and Popfindr pointed me true.

Also saw wave 2 with Gung Ho, ninja and vanilla CC. Almost got GH and the ninja, but passed cuz I'm not really into the characters.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Any target I've checked has been completely cleared out of any figures. I haven't had good luck with popfindr either. Hopefully these things start showing up more.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I went to Target yesterday since I needed groceries and tried to track down the Galaxy’s Edge Black Series and Droid Depot 3.75” figures since I was there, but found nothing, despite the latter showing up as In Stock on their app.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I ended up getting a good deal on Spider-Woman from a guy on The Fwoosh Forum, and she's a great figure.

My Marvel Legends collection is pretty much done, unless they reveal an Aja-style Hawkeye I can replace my bigger Marvel Select figure with, repaint Multiple Man in his mid-2000s X-Factor look, or give us pink and purple armor/hood/cape Psylocke. All long shots, I realize.

I wouldn't mind a Kingpin, but I like the white suit BAF so much better than the upcoming single-carded release in his retro look, and I can't justify buying the BAF.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I went to Target yesterday since I needed groceries and tried to track down the Galaxy’s Edge Black Series and Droid Depot 3.75” figures since I was there, but found nothing, despite the latter showing up as In Stock on their app.

Tell me more about these Droid Depot figures. :monocle:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

Tell me more about these Droid Depot figures. :monocle:

This Yak Face article has links to each set, but basically it’s three sets of BB-droid 2-packs and three R2s with accessories for $10 each. They’re the same type of Droid Depot figures as they sell in the parks, where they’re designed with swappable parts. The deco isn’t as detailed as normal 3.75”s but they’re decent.

I just can’t find them anywhere and the app is wrong :cripes:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I ended up getting a good deal on Spider-Woman from a guy on The Fwoosh Forum, and she's a great figure.

My Marvel Legends collection is pretty much done, unless they reveal an Aja-style Hawkeye I can replace my bigger Marvel Select figure with, repaint Multiple Man in his mid-2000s X-Factor look, or give us pink and purple armor/hood/cape Psylocke. All long shots, I realize.

I wouldn't mind a Kingpin, but I like the white suit BAF so much better than the upcoming single-carded release in his retro look, and I can't justify buying the BAF.

Do you live in a dust factory?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

No dustshaming!

Hey, is anybody else in this boat with me where, over the course of the past year or so, you've hit "preorder" on a ton of things that were supposed to exist by now but don't exist yet on account of the collapse of civilization? And now you're kind of worried it will one day all ship at once and empty your bank account? It's a weird time to be a toy nerd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

~3 months of AmiAmi orders all got smushed into one gigantic one for me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, I'm waiting on Gordon Freeman, PTSD Thor, and Arthur Morgan from Rdr2, Juggernaut from Deadpool 2, and Doc Ock from Spidey2.

2 have been paid for, and 3 are needing the final payments. Not gonna be thrilled if they all hit in the same month.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m happy my doop is in a good place lol

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

I’m happy my doop is in a good place lol

I love that Doop! Thank you again.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Got hosed on storm shadow, was supposed to arrive today but they just emailed me a delay window of 9/22-10/20 or something so I guess we'll see when it shows up.

In other news, anyone else picking up the mafex spider verse stuff? I think I saw the other day hobo Peter Parker and miles were both due out soon and they looked pretty rad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I also got the delayed email. But they did the same for Snake Eyes and it shipped 2 days later.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Got hosed on storm shadow, was supposed to arrive today but they just emailed me a delay window of 9/22-10/20 or something so I guess we'll see when it shows up.

In other news, anyone else picking up the mafex spider verse stuff? I think I saw the other day hobo Peter Parker and miles were both due out soon and they looked pretty rad.

I have them preordered. Both Peter and Miles got pushed to September.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I got my Storm Shadow, box was in okay shape despite bubble mailer. My Gung Ho was not so lucky, but the figure looks fine.

I now have every figure released so far other than Baroness and the Trooper. Really hope Pulse isn't a poo poo show on the 24th and I can get in my orders for both the Supreme CC and the Hellfire Club set.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

I also got the delayed email. But they did the same for Snake Eyes and it shipped 2 days later.

I just got a shipment notification on Storm Shadow.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Fuzz posted:

I got my Storm Shadow, box was in okay shape despite bubble mailer. My Gung Ho was not so lucky, but the figure looks fine.

I now have every figure released so far other than Baroness and the Trooper. Really hope Pulse isn't a poo poo show on the 24th and I can get in my orders for both the Supreme CC and the Hellfire Club set.

Search your heart. You know it will.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1300854397157675011?s=20

Among others, Neca's doing The Boys, and the first figs are ... Homelander and Starlight? None of "The Boys"?

This is going to be like Preacher all over again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good Smile is on there.

The Boys nendoroids?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, I honestly hoped qmx had the license for the sixth scale. Guess I'll grab whatever unlicensed versions get made.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Lol Spirit Halloween’s costumes are of two psycho-sexual super predators and their abuse victim, great choices guys.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1300854397157675011?s=20

Among others, Neca's doing The Boys, and the first figs are ... Homelander and Starlight? None of "The Boys"?

This is going to be like Preacher all over again.

Homelander Is the best character though?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i didn't watch The Boys but I did notice whenever people actually talked about the show, absolutely nobody ever mentioned The Boys themselves

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I really like Karl Urban, but his cockney accent is atrocious.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Davros1 posted:

Same reason they keep making toys of various movie monsters and slashers instead of the ordinary-looking people that fight them. They're cooler looking and more memorable! That show has a great cast all around, but Homelander is easily the standout, and the only one I'd consider buying an action figure of.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m trying to buy an expensive statue on eBay and I thought I hosed up real bad and made offers to two sellers instead of one (meaning if they both accepted, I get to buy the same statue twice). Oops lol!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I was at Target this morning and they had some repaints of the two new Godzillas on an endcap of the toy section. Biollinate Godzilla with neon green and Tokyo SOS with like fire effects. They also had a bunch of the 2014 Godzilla, which I'm guessing must have come from the same box?

Bad pictures of them here: https://news.toyark.com/2020/06/06/variants-revealed-for-the-neca-godzilla-2003-and-godzilla-1989-figures-390412