Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Oh well since I'll be away from my PC for a week as of tomorrow at least everyone will have longer to form opinions when I next ask :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Bloody Pom posted:

:aaaaa:

I'm so glad these will be added for everyone eventually.

Yeah for the first time I’m excited for the potential of cosmetic DLC in a non-Stellaris PDS game. Also hopeful that we get an XCOM2-like cosmetic mod scene in time.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I Am Fowl posted:

It's always loving Chaucer for some reason...

I mean Julian of Norwich was both a woman and spent her life living in seclusion like some proto-Goon.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Im trying to be patient and wait for my key to be delivered, but I'm starting to feel like a pissy king brat.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
Last dev diary, showcasing the dev team as well as the patch notes: https://www.crusaderkings.com/news/dev-diary-40-a-new-journey-begins-release-dev-diary

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

despite being very bad at CK2 I liked playing it a lot. For those who have now bought and played CK3 is it any easier? I've not really kept up with development how much of late CK2 DLC is base game?

quite a lot apparently, seems a lot more feature rich than base CK2. its gonna be on gamepass so you can try it for real cheap whenever... whenever microsoft lets us play

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I have paid this game the highest complement I can, which is to buy it at full price at launch and not six months from now.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Anno posted:

Yeah for the first time I’m excited for the potential of cosmetic DLC in a non-Stellaris PDS game. Also hopeful that we get an XCOM2-like cosmetic mod scene in time.

All that's really needed is a mod to help randomize clothing a bit / load multiple sets of clothing meshes, so that it'll be possible to set up a mix-n-match system.

Right now it seems like clothes are '1 preset/model for the entire body, done + a hat.', but hopefully with time there'll be option for tops/bottoms, layers, material/texture variance.
(Hijacking the skin tinting system to allow for clothes with different tints without needing multiple different textures, etc.)
It does also seem like a natural evolution of the system, so I wouldn't be too surprised if modular outfits ends up being something they sneak in as part of an update sometime.
Since it would massively increase the variance they can roll out per artist hour. (Since making 1 full outfit, or making that outfit in separate parts as top/bottom/jewelry, doesn't add that significantly to the time it takes to develop a model.)

It's an insanely promising system honestly, and I would love to see stuff like visible artifacts and such down the line, when those get re-implemented.
I'm really hoping that with clothing you can just slap on a common culture group and etc, and easily drop it into the clothing pool for the game without too much hassle needed.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i pre-ordered it then cancelled the preorder once i saw the gamepass thing

i'll probably cave and buy it full price when the MS store hasn't updated at 1 minute past launch

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So is linking the Monarch's Journey stuff done via signing in to a paradox account on the launcher or what?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
As someone who tried multiple times to get into CK2 but kept on getting stuck in the weeds, I'm looking forward to getting into a CK3 right from the start, before things get overwhelming.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
I've gone from thinking for most of this year that I'll wait until maybe a DLC but certainly a patch or two have been released, to diving in to pre-ordering a couple of weeks ago and counting the days 'till release. Reviews suggest this wasn't a bad move on my part.

Cannot wait until later. Going to be doing some board gaming with the wife this evening too (final month of Pandemic Legacy) but hey, at least I stay up late.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Looks like the way you convert to Hellenism is you continually reform heresies that slowly bring it in line with Hellenisms doctrines to reduce the price over the course of several life-times then convert once it's cheap enough. Right now streamers are just screaming that it's impossible when they look at the piety cost.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Yeah, my plans to play on game pass then buy it once DLC starts dropping has crumbled. Apparently I'm a slut for release day cosmetics.
Now it's sat in my Steam library. Taunting me. "Soon," it says, "Not now, but soon".

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Why is game not out yet?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

SubNat posted:

Right now it seems like clothes are '1 preset/model for the entire body, done + a hat.', but hopefully with time there'll be option for tops/bottoms, layers, material/texture variance.

There's also a cloak slot, I think -- I'm really hoping for scarves or one of those Robin Hood-style hoods but I haven't seen any yet. Guess I'll find out in a little less than three hours though

B B
Dec 1, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

Why is game not out yet?

Because God hates us.

I think we're less than three hours away, though.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I didn't know that I needed modular clothing, but it makes perfect sense for my "clothes are fine EXCEPT PANTS THOSE ARE FORBIDDEN" utopia.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
It's currently 15:22 CEST. Think the game is released at 18:00 CEST?

So not long now. That will be 17:00 for me - may have curtail work this afternoon.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Ham posted:

Last dev diary, showcasing the dev team as well as the patch notes: https://www.crusaderkings.com/news/dev-diary-40-a-new-journey-begins-release-dev-diary

It might be a fun challenge to entice all of the vanity characters into your court. Make your own medieval software studio.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Huh. I can install it on Game Pass right now.

Edit:

quote:

We know that you really want to get started, but you’ll have to wait a bit longer. Check the store for the launch date.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
ya but you can't play it

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
So it's actually good? My favorite game, only more good? I'm going to mod this to hell :getin:

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I can confirm that from Oz I just purchased and activated the Royal Edition so unless steam does something dumb in the next 2 or 3 hours that should work just fine.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gort posted:

Huh. I can install it on Game Pass right now.

Edit:

fuf posted:

ya but you can't play it

Also I'm pretty sure it only downloaded a launcher or something because the download finished in like a second for me. Same thing happened with Flight Simulator

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

bewilderment posted:

I can confirm that from Oz I just purchased and activated the Royal Edition so unless steam does something dumb in the next 2 or 3 hours that should work just fine.

You bought it via Steam, or a third-party seller?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So I'm brand new to the crusader kings franchise, but not to prardox grand strategy games. If I were going to, in the near future, play a MP game with a friend, what is a good suggestion for where two friends can start and be friends throughout the game?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Two vassals of the same big king, if you can tolerate one being a vassal of the other once your scheming pays off and puts one of you on the throne.

Alternatively, you could have one in France and the other in Spain, each expanding in different directions but generally close enough to have each other's back.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I’ve got what may be a dumbass question, but I was struggling to find the answer elsewhere:

How long are the CK2 challenges for unlockable cosmetics in CK3 available? Like, when this game launches in 2 hours am I boned, or could I theoretically do those challenges at any time to add to my CK3 dolly dress-up wardrobe?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

TotalHell posted:

I’ve got what may be a dumbass question, but I was struggling to find the answer elsewhere:

How long are the CK2 challenges for unlockable cosmetics in CK3 available? Like, when this game launches in 2 hours am I boned, or could I theoretically do those challenges at any time to add to my CK3 dolly dress-up wardrobe?

You're booooooned, pretty sure.
But don't worry, they'll unlock for everyone after a while, so in the long run it's not an issue.
They'll probably roll out alongside a free update at some point. So just grit your teeth and live without the magnificent wizard beard for a bit.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

No nipples on breastplate, voted 0/10.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

gently caress SNEEP posted:

No nipples on breastplate, voted 0/10.

achtually, he doesn't have a breastplate :goonsay: so your vote is invalid.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The nipples are for special occasions

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Not sure why they do the release at end of workday. Seems more prudent to do it at start so you have people at work if things go wrong. This is of course just me being annoyed it is not released already.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
The CK2 challenges will be retired tomorrow, apparently (well, September 2nd, but not sure if they'd set out a specific time). So if you'd rather speedrun CK2 challenges than dive into CK3 then you have a bit of time but otherwise, you get to wait for whenever PDS roll the cosmetics out for everyone.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

TotalHell posted:

You’ve got till tomorrow sometime. A few posters in this thread managed to crank out all 110 points in one go, but like was said they’ll be unlocked for everyone at some point in the future.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Hryme posted:

Not sure why they do the release at end of workday. Seems more prudent to do it at start so you have people at work if things go wrong. This is of course just me being annoyed it is not released already.

I've just grown to accept that every single game that I'm interested in will always release right in the middle of my work day and I will be forced to read about how everyone's having fun while I still have several hours left to work. It's pretty much a cosmological constant at this point. They could probably use it to measure the distance between stars or something.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
did a bad time conversion on uuuh.. my local time... and was entirely sure it would be released by the time I got home

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Dramicus posted:

I've just grown to accept that every single game that I'm interested in will always release right in the middle of my work day and I will be forced to read about how everyone's having fun while I still have several hours left to work. It's pretty much a cosmological constant at this point. They could probably use it to measure the distance between stars or something.

It was a public holiday in the UK yesterday so naturally the game has to release the day after.

I think they do Tuesday releases so they've got Monday to deal with any last-minute issues and Wednesday-to-Friday to deal with release issues, and it's also a weekday so a lot of players won't be able to plough 20 solid hours a day into the game, getting angrier and redder with every passing moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

fanfic insert posted:

did a bad time conversion on uuuh.. my local time... and was entirely sure it would be released by the time I got home

1.5ish hours from now, I believe.

Hryme posted:

*shrug*
It's the default 'valve time release slot', I've always gotten the impression that devs really have to badger Valve and put a lot of work in if they want a game to have a rolling release, or something like it.
It's just late in the day because of the time difference, and Valve has never given a poo poo about adjusting it for other regions, not a decade ago, not today.