Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

You could read the other posts explaining why it's hosed up putting this out in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
yeah she shouldn’t have aired it out but everything she’s saying and that professors website/response makes it a bit less cut and dried than ‘she’s trying to throw the professor under the bus cause of idpol gone too far’

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Professorjuggalo posted:

yeah she shouldn’t have aired it out but everything she’s saying and that professors website/response makes it a bit less cut and dried than ‘she’s trying to throw the professor under the bus cause of idpol gone too far’

I'd probably be on her side more if she hadn't aired her instant rage that he is white and gone looking for something to complain about. She demands there be at least 1 black author or she's gonna call him out, so she checks and finds there is 1 (and other minorities) but decides to rage about it anyway, posting his name and place of employment for people to try and get him fired. His email was less professional than it should have been but we don't see the email it's responding to, if she was half as snarky in her initial email as she's been on twitter then it's more understandable but we have no context. He's teaching a class with 50% minority authors in the reading list so I'm wiling to believe he's coming from a place of good faith even if his choices could be improved on. She on the other hand comes across to me as just chasing clout.

Mega Comrade has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Sep 1, 2020

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Professorjuggalo posted:

She was clearly not acting in good faith and was just looking to cause drama and/or get someone fired. Maybe don't defend that poo poo

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂŤÂ̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓gĂŤÂ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Professorjuggalo posted:

What does his perfect and good website have to do with anything (actually serious here, as silly as his website art project thing is, what about his remarkably gay website makes you question his qualifications to teach about queer culture and history?)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Mega Comrade posted:

His email was less professional than it should have been

What magical schools did you people go to where your professors didn't just have "ok se you in class" as an auto-reply

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There's nothing wrong with the website. It is bad that a student used twitter for pointless mean-girls validation and brought a bunch of twitter mutants down on that guy which almost certainly include nazis and pizagate people who will go after him forever now.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tbf that was probably ben's college experience

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/KyleKashuv/status/1300110243452596234?s=20

:thunk:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

trump was so impressed with his starbucks outreach

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Petey posted:

yeah i tend to give my syllabus via google doc to pre-regged students before class begins so that they can decide if they actually want to take it

didnt know you taught, thats cool

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
i dont really know much about the subject, what are some books that he should have had on the reading list instead?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

What does his perfect and good website have to do with anything (actually serious here, as silly as his website art project thing is, what about his remarkably gay website makes you question his qualifications to teach about queer culture and history?)

lmfao I can do this too. what about her remarkably tame thread and letter that led you all to act like it’s some sista Souljah moment?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

There's nothing wrong with the website. It is bad that a student used twitter for pointless mean-girls validation and brought a bunch of twitter mutants down on that guy which almost certainly include nazis and pizagate people who will go after him forever now.

this def sucks but by I’m sure the school isn’t gonna fire him over one students viral thread. they don’t fire professors when students wonder why there’s barely any Palestinian books in their ME courses so I’m sure they won’t pull the trigger over something harmless

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Professorjuggalo posted:

lmfao I can do this too. what about her remarkably tame thread and letter that led you all to act like it’s some sista Souljah moment?

this def sucks but by I’m sure the school isn’t gonna fire him over one students viral thread. they don’t fire professors when students wonder why there’s barely any Palestinian books in their ME courses so I’m sure they won’t pull the trigger over something harmless

Well for one she was upset that her prof was white so she looked through the syllabus as a litmus test to see if there were black authors and when she found out there was a lot of subject matter about POC queer history written by people who both are and are not POC decided to doxx the prof and make a public stink about it anyway, which seems psychotic.

Now do the professors website like I asked please.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Well for one she was upset that her prof was white so she looked through the syllabus as a litmus test to see if there were black authors and when she found out there was a lot of subject matter about POC queer history written by people who both are and are not POC decided to doxx the prof and make a public stink about it anyway, which seems psychotic.

Now do the professors website like I asked please.

gently caress off you little greasy weasel just say I’m homophobic and quit trying to slyly get one on me

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Professorjuggalo posted:

gently caress off you little greasy weasel just say I’m homophobic and quit trying to slyly get one on me

Ah, very normal

Edit: Anybody who wants to explain what's objectionable about that guy's website, please do because I saw a number of people on twitter saying that it was but nobody explained why they thought it was and I'm not sure what about it would disqualify somebody from teaching about queer history

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 16:33 on Sep 1, 2020

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Sir Tonk posted:

didnt know you taught, thats cool

occasionally as an adjunct equivalent in my old grad school program, yeah. that's why i'm inclined to read both somewhat sympathetically, because i've been both the student wanting a syllabus to be different and the instructor struggling to make it so, and experienced the precarity/anxiety on both sides that are symptomatic of broader institutional collapse

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Ah, very normal

what else were you trying to set up with that? “‘Now do the professors website like I asked please.”’ is more snippy and patronizing than the professors email, why the hell would I have to tell you anything?

to answer your stupid question there isn’t anything on his website. some cis white teacher gets rightfully snippy with some run of the mill white gay cis website that. her point was there isn’t much POC materials and the gay site with only white men gives a bit of life to her claim (and nothing is gonna happen which is why I was wondering about that quoted tweet to begin with). but someone said that he’s probably gonna get stalked for the rest of his life and that’s bullshit and def worth calling her out over

edit: LBGT doesn’t start and end with cis white men sucking each other off in a comic sans websites. her point was about POC LBGT and his site is entirely for and by cis white gays. that was my point and it has nothing to do with ‘civility’

that was all but you had to pretend I had some weird homophobic angle and kept pushing it because that’s even more normal than telling a debate class dork to gently caress off

Professorjuggalo has issued a correction as of 16:52 on Sep 1, 2020

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Professorjuggalo posted:

that was all but you had to pretend I had some weird homophobic angle and kept pushing it because that’s even more normal than telling a debate class dork to gently caress off

what lol

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

why dont you two take it to PMs or something.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ah, very normal

Edit: Anybody who wants to explain what's objectionable about that guy's website, please do because I saw a number of people on twitter saying that it was but nobody explained why they thought it was and I'm not sure what about it would disqualify somebody from teaching about queer history

well it's obviously not the kind of thing you're bring up in civil discourse. it uses swear words! SWEAR WORDS! i mean, the guy is clearly ANGRY about something, and anger is bad for civil discourse!

best I can come up with. Succs love civility to the exclusion of all else.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Hihohe posted:

why dont you two take it to PMs or something.

There's nothing to take to PMs tbh, whatever the hell that exchange was is over I hope. Also I don't have platinum

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

you brought it up twice with the implication that I have a problem with the website because it’s queer. then when I dismiss it you try to act like I’m batshit or something on the very same playbook these hyper woke people use. either man up/call me out or shut up and don’t play the ‘I’m just asking QUESTIONS please just answer :agesilaus:

Professorjuggalo has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Sep 1, 2020

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/tomsegura/status/1300593293059735553?s=21

to put the thread back on track chuds are gonna try saying liberals love pedophiles and rapists because Ron Jeremy had that ‘down to earth cool guy not rapist’ public image on top of being a lifelong Democrat

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Professorjuggalo posted:

you brought it up twice with the implication that I have a problem with the website because it’s queer. then when I dismiss it you try to act like I’m batshit or something on the very same playbook these hyper woke people use. either man up/call me out or shut up and don’t play the ‘I’m just asking QUESTIONS please just answer :agesilaus:

I couldn't give less of a poo poo about the twitter thread or this slapfight but you're the one who implied there was an issue with the website:

Professorjuggalo posted:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Don't make me talk about video games.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I couldn't give less of a poo poo about the twitter thread or this slapfight but you're the one who implied there was an issue with the website:

j said a bit less cut and dried, how did that warrant that “‘so what problem do you have with this wonderful queer site that’s very gay and queer hmmm??? explain it now’” Ben sharpio style response. I even admitted she was totally in the wrong too but just tried to give her a bit of the benefit of the doubt. if anything I absolutely agree with the professor now cause it’s annoying having people talk down on you like that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
So you threw in the website as a whatabout in an attempt to cut the twitter lady some slack so it wouldn't look like you were coming down on her entirely, and didn't really think about the implications. Great, we can move on.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Professorjuggalo posted:

especially when one of the black authors the professor brings up in the email to shut her down is actually a French white lady

This didn’t happen.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

So you threw in the website as a whatabout in an attempt to cut the twitter lady some slack so it wouldn't look like you were coming down on her entirely, and didn't really think about the implications. Great, we can move on.

yeah, I can’t lie

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This didn’t happen.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Famously black director of Paris is Burning, Jennie Livingston

someone brings it up in the thread too

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/1300755219974946816?s=21

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/1300518037330767880?s=21

now that these nazi talking points and groups are legitimized are we gonna see Alyssa Milano in this thread by December calling for the police to mow through protestors

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Professorjuggalo posted:

yeah, I can’t lie

someone brings it up in the thread too

she’s not an author and it wasn’t a book. The email said it was made by black artists. It’s a documentary made by a white director focused pretty exclusively on black gay men and ball culture, and made in collaboration with them. There were certainly black artists who helped make that movie, they’re onscreen.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

YOLOsubmarine posted:

she’s not an author and it wasn’t a book. The email said it was made by black artists. It’s a documentary made by a white director focused pretty exclusively on black gay men and ball culture, and made in collaboration with them. There were certainly black artists who helped make that movie, they’re onscreen.

drat, well then i kramered in for no reason then and im sorry. its bullshit to dismiss other people doing valid academia just because they arent the same race (plus that would wipe out most racial theory to begin with)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Petey posted:

occasionally as an adjunct equivalent in my old grad school program, yeah. that's why i'm inclined to read both somewhat sympathetically, because i've been both the student wanting a syllabus to be different and the instructor struggling to make it so, and experienced the precarity/anxiety on both sides that are symptomatic of broader institutional collapse

oh so youre a troublemaker

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Can't wait to bust into that hearing and declare that I am the vigilante known as ANTIFA, then dramatically thrust my wrists out and ask to be arrested to spare the good people of Portland being punished for my actions.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Professorjuggalo posted:

https://twitter.com/tomsegura/status/1300593293059735553?s=21

to put the thread back on track chuds are gonna try saying liberals love pedophiles and rapists because Ron Jeremy had that ‘down to earth cool guy not rapist’ public image on top of being a lifelong Democrat

actually its ephebo...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Can't wait to bust into that hearing and declare that I am the vigilante known as ANTIFA, then dramatically thrust my wrists out and ask to be arrested to spare the good people of Portland being punished for my actions.

No! I'm antifa!

etc

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

today's winner for the award for best case of reality warping goes to:

https://twitter.com/stone_toss/status/1298994021084225538

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

today's winner for the award for best case of reality warping goes to: