Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

If this was a normal year I'd say September would probably see instead of a holiday update, just a patch that adds the various Mario items the games used to have into store rotation. As September is the birthday month of the franchise and it was supposed to have some 35th anniversary celebration stuff going on this year but...y'know.

Somehow I don't see them adding Nintendo stuff to the game until Animal Crossing New Horizons itself is a year old or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

bring back the majora's mask clap clap clapclap clap

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

so no one told you life was gonna be this way

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Are you still open? We' like to swing by if so.

Sorry about that. I got called away pretty much as soon as I finished work and didn't get to update my post saying I was closed. I'll be open again, so no worries!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Does anyone have Celeste on their island tonight? I haven’t seen her on Fiorina in like 3 loving weeks.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Sure: C0YS5

Spellman fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 1, 2020

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

Does anyone have Celeste on their island tonight? I haven’t seen her on Fiorina in like 3 loving weeks.
I havent seen celeste here in ages, but it balances out, because I also haven't had shooting stars in like, uh, two months. :sigh:

I think I've made a grand total of two zodiac furniture pieces, because star fragments are so rare

Viewtiful Jew posted:

If this was a normal year I'd say September would probably see instead of a holiday update, just a patch that adds the various Mario items the games used to have into store rotation. As September is the birthday month of the franchise and it was supposed to have some 35th anniversary celebration stuff going on this year but...y'know.
I don't mind not having nintendo items, but I'm still incredibly annoyed that they got rid of the Wolf Link villager. I couldn't have him in New Leaf because I had an original 3DS XL, it sucked! Let me use my amiibo, nintendo!!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm in the middle of moving, and thought I'd be done in time to hunt for a cicada shell, scarab beetle, and vampire squid. Just looked at the clock (not even done moving!) and crumbled into a sad pile of dust.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Scholtz posted:

I'm in the middle of moving, and thought I'd be done in time to hunt for a cicada shell, scarab beetle, and vampire squid. Just looked at the clock (not even done moving!) and crumbled into a sad pile of dust.

Is the deadline midnight tonight or tomorrow morning? (Trying to get a giraffe beetle)

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Endless Trash posted:

Is the deadline midnight tonight or tomorrow morning? (Trying to get a giraffe beetle)
it should be 5am. Back when cherry blossom recipes were dropping, I stayed up until 4am getting them on the last day.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I think last time a month rolled over, it actually kicked in at midnight

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
It's 12:09 here and while the environment hasn't changed, the September fish and bugs are now spawning.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I gave up on those last three bugs. Been grinding nightly for what seems like weeks and just burned out. I’ll potentially time travel to see if I can get them otherwise whatever. They will return.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
We are in a pandemic, why not use this game to relax and chill out

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Does anyone have anthuriums in a color other than red or dark red?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Does anyone have anthuriums in a color other than red or dark red?

I have the white-flower, black-pot variant.

Edit: My friend-code is SW 0725 4741 4317.

I'd be happy to order one as a gift, if that is convenient?

magimix fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 1, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

magimix posted:

I have the white-flower, black-pot variant.

Edit: My friend-code is SW 0725 4741 4317.

I'd be happy to order one as a gift, if that is convenient?

That's perfect! I'll add you in a few. How much, and want anything in return?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

That's perfect! I'll add you in a few. How much, and want anything in return?

Anthurium are cheap as chips, so no worries about cost (I think I can handle 990 bells :haw:), nor anything in return (I'm mainly focused on 'villager rotation' atm, rather than island development).

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

magimix posted:

Anthurium are cheap as chips, so no worries about cost (I think I can handle 990 bells :haw:), nor anything in return (I'm mainly focused on 'villager rotation' atm, rather than island development).

You are the best blender ever. Just added you. Thank you so much!

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

You are the best blender ever. Just added you. Thank you so much!

This game sometimes...

Is there more to sending, or ordering an item for, a friend that just friending them? Does one of us have to visit the other's island first?

Edit: Going to order the item for myself, and TT to tomorrow, so we can do a direct exchange.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bah. Got all the August beetles, but could never find a vampire squid despite hours of swimming around the island.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

you know what item sounds much much cooler than it is? the Cosmos Crown

Found the DIY recipe and expected some Katamari Damacy poo poo, checked it in the app and it's just a flower garland :mad:

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Bobulus posted:

Bah. Got all the August beetles, but could never find a vampire squid despite hours of swimming around the island.

I had vampire squids like mad, but never a scarab! Our RNG seeds must be opposites.

It was so nice to wake up and find new butterflies today! Happy to have so many new fish to catch too.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

loquacius posted:

you know what item sounds much much cooler than it is? the Cosmos Crown

Found the DIY recipe and expected some Katamari Damacy poo poo, checked it in the app and it's just a flower garland :mad:
Similarly, the Cosmos Shower.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

effika posted:

I had vampire squids like mad, but never a scarab! Our RNG seeds must be opposites.

It was so nice to wake up and find new butterflies today! Happy to have so many new fish to catch too.

The Vampire Squid is fake news :argh:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Bedhead is the best style and I regret nothing.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Are pine cones and acorns supposed to be falling yet? Isabelle mentioned it but I shook every tree I have and nothing yet.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

gregday posted:

Are pine cones and acorns supposed to be falling yet? Isabelle mentioned it but I shook every tree I have and nothing yet.

We shook at least half the trees on our island and got stung twice before finally getting one pinecone. At least we finally caught a wasp.

EDIT: On the other hand, we've already caught like five new butterflies, a new dragonfly, and a salmon.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

gregday posted:

I shook every tree on my island after the announcement and found 2 acorns. I also got the recipe she sent along with another one from a balloon (leaf campfire). It’d be cool to get a few more acorns and some pine cones but as of yet no pine cones.

Also Redd is here with 3 fake paintings if anyone’s interested in some! He has a fake wistful painting, fake academic painting, and a fake jolly painting. He also has an oil barrel (orange) and a bathroom sink (beige) if anyone wants those.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
So you can shake the same tree a bunch of times for pinecones and acorns, just like branches. The drop is pretty low but no need to shake every tree and get stung.

Took me like ten minutes shaking one pine tree like a loon to get enough cones for the little tree.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'll shake your tree.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Does time travel not work for bugs & fish? You can't set your Switch back to August and do more beetle hunting?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Polygon: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris take the presidential campaign to Animal Crossing

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Ketchup the Peppy tomato duck is moving out of Buttopia today! Let me know if anyone wants her and has a space ready!
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1300827103722520577

edit: She has a new home!

Squats fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 1, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Oof

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Joining the crowd of folk that missed bugs, woo. I scared away so many horned dynastids & drones looking for ONE Giraffe or Golden Stag. I missed the Gold, Scarab, Cicada Shell (I literally never saw a single one,) Vampire Squid, and Napoleonfish. Rip. At least I found enough of the other rare beetles to have a bigger pile waiting for Flick.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Finally - something to do with all these toilets and fossilized doodoo!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hobo Clown posted:

Does time travel not work for bugs & fish? You can't set your Switch back to August and do more beetle hunting?

It absolutely works.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Spawns for the new month kick in at 12am, not 5am with the day rollover. However the spawn window for mystery islands is locked in when you arrive. So if you go at 11:59pm on 8/31 you'd still have the August spawns at 12:00. The time of day is also locked, so if you go at 3:59pm it'll still spawn everything that goes away at 4pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just wanted affordable healthcare, joe