Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Thanks for posting your opinion, I was hoping the game has some sort of super easy mode because I'm interested in playing just for the story at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Any recommendations for a chill playthrough of The Outer Wilds?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Any recommendations for a chill playthrough of The Outer Wilds?

Pete and Amy are playing it right now!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I would like to request Devil May Cry 5.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I would like to request Devil May Cry 5.

While there was never a thread for it, Accounting Nightmare has five full playlists dedicated to it on YouTube. If you enjoyed the comprehensive nature of their LP's of 1-4, then you already know what to expect. The only downside is that they were recorded while streaming, so the game-play is not broken down into curated pieces.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
While I do prefer LPs that edit out the fluff and stuff, I did love those LPs of 1-4, so I am willing to give those streams a shot. Thanks for letting me know!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Anybody know a good LP of the Dangan Ronpa series?

Best if it's group (or, well, at least two), and they tend to talk about the puzzles / mock the more ridiculous aspects of that anime-as-hell game. I quite like LPs in that style for the Phoenix Wright series, and I know pretty much nothing about Dangan Ronpa, so I thought this would be a nice way of going through that story when I can't really play it for myself.

Bonus points if they read out the text. I watch these kind of things more like a podcast while I focus on other stuff, so not having to read makes it better in the background. (If... they don't get too obnoxious, I guess?)

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Torquemadras posted:

Anybody know a good LP of the Dangan Ronpa series?

Best if it's group (or, well, at least two), and they tend to talk about the puzzles / mock the more ridiculous aspects of that anime-as-hell game. I quite like LPs in that style for the Phoenix Wright series, and I know pretty much nothing about Dangan Ronpa, so I thought this would be a nice way of going through that story when I can't really play it for myself.

Bonus points if they read out the text. I watch these kind of things more like a podcast while I focus on other stuff, so not having to read makes it better in the background. (If... they don't get too obnoxious, I guess?)

There are two duo LPs of Danganronpa I can think of that I can personally vouch for being good. Not sure if either of them are what you're looking for but I'll mention them anyway.

First is the Bittersweet Gamers. They are VERY analytical and in-depth, and progress the game at a snail's pace due to discussion. Only thing to note is the presence of a very heavy lisp, but I got used to it pretty quickly and I'm quite picky about that sort of thing. They've done the first two games in the series.

The other is 1ShotPlays. They are a couple of rowdy blokes from the UK. Very loud but entertaining and lots of alcohol. They have drinking rules on various things, most notably taking a sip whenever "..." shows up in text, which makes them suffer greatly. For the first game one of them had played it before and one of them was blind, moving onto both being blind in future games. They're currently working on V3, the final game in the series.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

does anyone have a link to an old Silent Hunter 3 lp? It was a week by week screenshot lp filled with historic facts and tidbits and was what convinced me to joined the form

believe it was by oberleutenet or something similar

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Tales of Hearts R SSLP Easily my favorite game in the series both gameplay and story wise, and I'd love to have it in a form where I can easily share it with my friends.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'd really love to see a Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria LP (preferably screenshot, or hybrid) because I just wanna see it played right for once because I can't seem to

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did someone do a Pokemon Black/White 2 LP? I could've swore someone did one but it's not anywhere on the master list or LP archive.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Famethrowa posted:

does anyone have a link to an old Silent Hunter 3 lp? It was a week by week screenshot lp filled with historic facts and tidbits and was what convinced me to joined the form

I think I know the one and I believe it was by Grey Wolf? I just checked the LP archive and there is nothing there.

I hope you find it as it was fantastic.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3252655 they were Oberleutnant at the time but they're communism bitch now I guess

Also you're going to have extreme difficulty getting at any of the screenshots because they were on waffleimages and the person running the last remaining (as far as I know) source of waffleimages content has force-enabled https on it except incorrectly.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Did someone do a Pokemon Black/White 2 LP? I could've swore someone did one but it's not anywhere on the master list or LP archive.

Chorocojo started one back in 2013, but never finished it.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Polsy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3252655 they were Oberleutnant at the time but they're communism bitch now I guess

Also you're going to have extreme difficulty getting at any of the screenshots because they were on waffleimages and the person running the last remaining (as far as I know) source of waffleimages content has force-enabled https on it except incorrectly.

My man! Thank you. I might bug the op to see if they have any of the images saved.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So with the release of Crusader Kings III, it'd be nice to see a tutorial LP like this one for CK2 (or the later one that had a collaborative take, looking at various other starting points and playstyles after a bunch of the expansions came out (I couldn't find that one in the archive, as far as I could tell).

Edit: This thread was the other one I was thinking of.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 15, 2020

zenhead
Sep 21, 2020
Checked the LPArchive list and didn't find it, so I'd like to reserve Knuckles' Chaotix.
EDIT: poo poo nevermind hahah, although according to the Master List it doesn't have commentary, so I'd like to do it anyways as I feel like commentary should be a given in most video LPs.

zenhead fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 22, 2020

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
No need to reserve games, and it's no big deal if a game's been LPed before.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

No need to reserve games, and it's no big deal if a game's been LPed before.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

What are some good, thorough metroidvania LPs? I've been bingeing the obvious ones (Metroids and Castlevanias) on the archives, and it seems it's one of those genres I just don't get tired of watching. Informative and skilled 100% runs are preferable; I just don't have the patience to watch someone go in blind, and flail about aimlessly.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

inscrutable horse posted:

What are some good, thorough metroidvania LPs? I've been bingeing the obvious ones (Metroids and Castlevanias) on the archives, and it seems it's one of those genres I just don't get tired of watching. Informative and skilled 100% runs are preferable; I just don't have the patience to watch someone go in blind, and flail about aimlessly.

Highwang's 100% LP of Hollow Knight is chill, skilled, and IMO they're fun to listen to. He's also done La Mulana, but I haven't personally watched that one yet.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
The Sunless Sea let's play is one of my favorites ever. How about a sequel let's play for the sequel game? https://lparchive.org/Sunless-Sea/

"Sunless Skies"

Ideally it would be a SSLP, because that's what really makes this genre of game pop with magic. VLP of this game are kinda boring because there's too much lag time.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Highwang's 100% LP of Hollow Knight is chill, skilled, and IMO they're fun to listen to. He's also done La Mulana, but I haven't personally watched that one yet.

Oh, that's cool! I usually enjoy his LPs; didn't know it was that sort of game. Thanks!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Requesting an LP of a good modern CRPG. Pathfinder, Pillars, or Divinity doesn't matter just something I can watch/read to kill time.

Preferably something that's finished.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

inscrutable horse posted:

Might I interest you in my LP of Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight?

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

You might indeed! Thank you!

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Requesting an LP of Man of Medan, preferably one that shows both Theatrical and Curator versions.

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
Requesting a Lufia and the Fortress of Doom sslp. The one currently archived is more comedy than informative.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Talen_Soti posted:

Requesting a Lufia and the Fortress of Doom sslp. The one currently archived is more comedy than informative.

Riviera sslp is in the same situation. I'm all for people adding narrative to games lacking or without while making it obvious, but I'm decidedly not interested in rewrites.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

A lot of old RPGs on the archives have that problem. Seems like if you were going to cover an RPG in Ye Olde Dayes, you couldn't just present the story and the mechanics, fights, etc., you had to focus entirely on the story and turn it into a fanfic.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

In the case of the ones by Didja Redo, they always did things with no/lovely stories, and actually made pretty good stuff (early Riviera wasn't as good).

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Nothing's ever going to top Chewbot's LP of Animal Crossing.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
I'd like to request a new Steins;Gate Let's Play, one with a more up-to-date and accurate translation.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think I'll try to pick up Lufia and the Fortress of Doom this week. I just finished streaming Riviera so I'm not sure I'd want to play that one again this soon. I'll just have to remember my workflow for screenshot LPs and get some of the tech working again.

They're two of my favourite games and I haven't played Lufia in quite a few years now, so it'll be interesting to evaluate what I liked about it again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's only just started but the Let's Win A Candy Factory thread looks like it's going to be one for the ages

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

OddHaberdasher posted:

I'd like to request a new Steins;Gate Let's Play, one with a more up-to-date and accurate translation.

Should I take this to mean you want to see Steins;Gate Elite? Or is there another, more up-to-date translation?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm not even sure Elite has a new translation compared to the one that's available in the standard version.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Artix posted:

Should I take this to mean you want to see Steins;Gate Elite? Or is there another, more up-to-date translation?

What I mean is, the Steins;Gate Let's Play in the Archive is from when there were only fan translations available. There is missing content (in the form of TIPS explaining certain terminology) and mistakes (such as rendering Luka as Ruka).

I am requesting a new Let's Play, that doesn't have these flaws. I would prefer an LP of the original (not Elite), but I don't mind too much either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fairlyn
Oct 20, 2010
I'd like a new LP of Yume nikki.
the one in the LP archive has notning but broken video links.