Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s amazingly bad. Iron Man’s flying and combat looks exactly like Anthem.

it's worse, they've somehow made iron man clunkier than the store brand iron man ripoffs in anthem

love the way he just flies around in a static t-pose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

stev posted:

This isn't a bug, it's a feature.

I wouldn't be too concerned if it didn't black screen freeze right after that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RatHat posted:

So since they delayed Black Panther, and Kate Bishop is October and Hawkeye is November, that means Black Panther will probably come in December then right?

Black panther is dead OP

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

game's top streamer, a sponsored stream with 50k viewers, just spent like 15 minutes trying to get the game to allow him to join a group, then pick a hero, then actually get into the game, with repeated failures at each stage

now the game's glitching constantly while he runs through the soupy lovely looking combat

this looks like a janky F2P title

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Wheeee posted:

game's top streamer, a sponsored stream with 50k viewers, just spent like 15 minutes trying to get the game to allow him to join a group, then pick a hero, then actually get into the game, with repeated failures at each stage

now the game's glitching constantly while he runs through the soupy lovely looking combat

this looks like a janky F2P title

It's a pretty fun little brawler when it actually works, which isn't often right now

Finally got past that bug by completely deleting my save and starting over, but now I need to do that god awful stealth section again.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Der Shovel posted:

These subtitles, man.

Yeah even though the closed captioning is separate from subtitles in the options you can only have them together. Probably a bug(this game has a lot of those).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think you are all playing Iron Man wrong if you think it's clunky.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RatHat posted:

Yeah even though the closed captioning is separate from subtitles in the options you can only have them together. Probably a bug(this game has a lot of those).

That's not closed captioning, that's staging notes

It looks like someone just took the script from the game and entered everything

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I like to think if them as those yellow rectangle you see in comic panels

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
So they're operating on a full blown f2p everything costs money, except you have to pay full price for the game first?? Buying animations that they've just taken out of the game is a fuckin lovely new low, yeesh. Ryolnir and Mr Gaz would never have let something like this happen.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
They would have tried if they survived the year

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

So they're operating on a full blown f2p everything costs money, except you have to pay full price for the game first?? Buying animations that they've just taken out of the game is a fuckin lovely new low, yeesh. Ryolnir and Mr Gaz would never have let something like this happen.

No, all the new content is free. It’s only cosmetic stuff that’s for sale and most of that stuff you can get outside of the marketplace.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They're trying to make me by this game with Targeted Advertisements. Showing me a Kate Bishop trailer, god dammit. What are they going to do next? Captain Marvel? Squirrel Girl? Gwenpool?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Dan Didio posted:

No, all the new content is free. It’s only cosmetic stuff that’s for sale and most of that stuff you can get outside of the marketplace.

Ohhh cool that's actually not nearly as bad as I thought

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

That's not closed captioning, that's staging notes

It looks like someone just took the script from the game and entered everything

When I played the demo and saw that I couldn’t believe they just uploaded the script and called it a day.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Do you think the reason we’re getting Kate Bishop and Hawkeye so soon is so Crystal Dynamics can just recycle the bow mechanics from Tomb Raider? I’m not complaining, I loved the bow in those games.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I feel like somewhere in the warm haze of memories about Marvel Heroes everyone has forgotten that yes, you could ostensibly own everything in it without paying a dime, if you played for a hilarious amount of time for each new character/skin.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar Lyre posted:

Do you think the reason we’re getting Kate Bishop and Hawkeye so soon is so Crystal Dynamics can just recycle the bow mechanics from Tomb Raider? I’m not complaining, I loved the bow in those games.

Not gonna lie, shooting someone with a bow in those games is super satisfying.

Orv posted:

I feel like somewhere in the warm haze of memories about Marvel Heroes everyone has forgotten that yes, you could ostensibly own everything in it without paying a dime, if you played for a hilarious amount of time for each new character/skin.

872 hours was not enough.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dan Didio posted:

Cosmetic stuff is content.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

They're trying to make me by this game with Targeted Advertisements. Showing me a Kate Bishop trailer, god dammit. What are they going to do next? Captain Marvel? Squirrel Girl? Gwenpool?

X-Men expansion, starting with Magik.

But it's the racist rear end in a top hat version from New Mutants.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

stev posted:

Cosmetic stuff is content.

drat, you got ‘em now.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I'd like to think that the devs rebelled against the publisher by only making costumes nobody would want to buy.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I love Shaun Escayg, but think probably they’re all in this to make money at the end of the day.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah this game definitely should have been delayed a few months to iron out the bugs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

X-Men expansion, starting with Magik.

But it's the racist rear end in a top hat version from New Mutants.

Yea you got me right there. And I'm not happy hearing that, which is funny because the early stuff I heard said she was the best thing in the movie. I guess they can both me true. I just want her to be demonic, slightly nuts, and totally not straight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

RatHat posted:

Yeah this game definitely should have been delayed a few months to iron out the bugs.

It was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yea you got me right there. And I'm not happy hearing that, which is funny because the early stuff I heard said she was the best thing in the movie. I guess they can both me true. I just want her to be demonic, slightly nuts, and totally not straight.

My favorite character got January Jones-ed, so I know how you feel.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Finally, Kate Archer's back in a videogame.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

twistedmentat posted:

They’re both true. She’s super lovely to Dani for most of the movie, but when the team bands together she’s really great. It all works out.

I really want to play this game, but I think I can wait for a few patches. I’ll try and wait until October for Katey Kate, the best Hawkeye.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Liar Lyre posted:

lol if you think it’s not the simple L2 - R2 like Iron Man and Black Widow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

My favorite character got January Jones-ed, so I know how you feel.

Its weird, like January Jones is a fine actor, just I don't know what they were doing with her in First Class. I don't think the director did too. Which is doubly weird because otherwise first class is great.

Open Marriage Night posted:

They’re both true. She’s super lovely to Dani for most of the movie, but when the team bands together she’s really great. It all works out.

I really want to play this game, but I think I can wait for a few patches. I’ll try and wait until October for Katey Kate, the best Hawkeye.

Well, that's good to hear. Character development! And ditto, I'll think about it again maybe around black friday? Boxing Day?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Liar Lyre posted:

I mean they got Aloy to voice her so might as well just copy that instead.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like I might not get this until Monday, oh well. Hopefully a patch comes out by then that fixes some of the bugs.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

There was a new patch this morning, but I think it just added in text chat and a ping system from what I've read.

I've only had two bugs, one with Kamala's hair that everyone seems to get in the opening mission, and an audio bug in one of the late campaign missions, but there's apparently some pretty annoying ones.

There's also one scene in particular where the framerate briefly absolutely loving cratered.

October for Kate, November for Clint.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 2, 2020

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am really enjoying how horribly broken the matchmaking is. At this point, this is just a lovely single-player game. It's to the point I think that I think the "Searching for hero" graphic is just a repeating .gif that isn't actually connected to a matchmaker.

I've almost completed the main campaign and have not been able to match up with a single person. I have no problem matching in D2 or COD.

Don't buy this game if you are looking for multiplayer. This poo poo has been broken for months. This game well and truly deserves the bad reviews that are coming its way.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just lol that the patch that downloaded today was supposed to fix matchmaking

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Raged, I'm worried about you.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Dan Didio posted:

Raged, I'm worried about you.

Why? Just because I am posting about a bad game?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I just cannot understand why you paid extra money to get early access when you hated the beta.

If you're going to be around tonight, I'll see if I can help you get into a game, or in the alternative, completely destroy Square Enix's servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Probably just turn off matchmaking for a minute, and enjoy the campaign? It sucks, but it’s not exactly new for online games to have server issues on launch. At least here they give you the option of doing basically all of the content with AI if you need/want to.