Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This one is a favorite of mine

https://twitter.com/lockingitin/status/1167127968331816961?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

holy gently caress lmao

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Note that simulations that far out are close to weather fan fiction.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

It better fuckin' NOT. I've got (cancellable) hotel reservations in Virginia Beach from 9/8-9/10. Gonna prop my feet up on my oceanfront hotel room balcony, enjoy the sea breeze (maybe more than I'd like), and stay the holy gently caress away from people.

High improbability aside, my guess is Pat Robertson is going to die in the next week sometime if that model holds true. He's been keeping the hurricanes away from Virginia Beach, y'know! :shepface:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It better fuckin' NOT. I've got (cancellable) hotel reservations in Virginia Beach from 9/8-9/10. Gonna prop my feet up on my oceanfront hotel room balcony, enjoy the sea breeze (maybe more than I'd like), and stay the holy gently caress away from people.

High improbability aside, my guess is Pat Robertson is going to die in the next week sometime if that model holds true. He's been keeping the hurricanes away from Virginia Beach, y'know! :shepface:

9/8/2019?

Ok, listen up. I know its bad right now but its going to get a lot worse, so much worse. Go to the store and buy every single N95 mask and bottle of hand sanitizer you can fine for right now. Also look up first aid for tear gas.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

9/8/2019?

Ok, listen up. I know its bad right now but its going to get a lot worse, so much worse. Go to the store and buy every single N95 mask and bottle of hand sanitizer you can fine for right now.

Ugh. Those numbers are so damned small, and I've been looking forward to getting away from DC (if only to chill beside the ocean on a balcony while 100+ feet away from people) that I didn't notice that. :cripes:

BIG HEADLINE has issued a correction as of 20:35 on Sep 1, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

i think that was Dorian

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Thesaurus posted:

we'll I live above the second floor of my apartment building, so I don't have to worry about any of this for many years. Once the surge starts encroaching, I'll just move up another floor :thunk:

I feel like I read a short story similar to that somewhere.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Today has seen the birth of Nana and Omar. We're definitely getting into greek letters this season, I'd say before even November.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Note that simulations that far out are close to weather fan fiction.

Speaking of fan fiction, check out the upcoming hurricane names. poo poo is going to get weird:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Speaking of fan fiction, check out the upcoming hurricane names. poo poo is going to get weird:

I hope Wilfred hits Cajun country in a way that makes Hard Target fans truly proud

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hurricane beta orbiting around the atlantic

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

I hope Wilfred hits Cajun country in a way that makes Hard Target fans truly proud

Wilfred is building a big, beautiful train that will protect us all forever.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

hurricane beta orbiting around the atlantic

askin' permission to slam into coastlines

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Vox Nihili posted:

ALPHA
I NEED YOU TO FIND FIVE CATEGORIES WITH ATTITUDES

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

ALPHA

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Going to be awkward when one of the Greek named storms is devastating enough to warrant retiring that name

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

TACD posted:

Going to be awkward when one of the Greek named storms is devastating enough to warrant retiring that name

Hurricane Oedipus, the first storm that can actually be called a "motherfucker."

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

only six greek names? i bet we can beat zeta

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It goes through the entire greek alphabet, I think they stopped there for symmetry.

hobbesmaster has issued a correction as of 00:50 on Sep 2, 2020

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

firing hurricanes at florida like the earth's got a hurricane machine gun

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Flunky posted:

only six greek names? i bet we can beat zeta

I'd rather have a Zordon or Zedd

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

hobbesmaster posted:

It goes through the entire greek alphabet, I Dailey they stopped there for symmetry.

hurricane omega’s on its way

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Well at least those aren't very strong
*looks more closely at the leftmost one*

what the gently caress

At first I thought it said 849 and I truly was terrified

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Gods_Butthole posted:

I feel like I read a short story similar to that somewhere.

There's a similar bit in Larry Niven's "Inconstant Moon."

hobbesmaster posted:

9/8/2019?

Ok, listen up. I know its bad right now but its going to get a lot worse, so much worse. Go to the store and buy every single N95 mask and bottle of hand sanitizer you can fine for right now. Also look up first aid for tear gas.

Speaking of science fiction short stories... somehow, a twist in space-time allows one person to post and read responses on a comedy internet forum one year in the future...

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Floodplains don't mean dick when there's 25+" of rainfall in a day, my house is one of the highest elevation sites in town but due to an unfortunate geometry of highways and abandoned railbed I ended up with water 4" over my floor (30 above ground level!) during Florence anyway. If you're at the bottom of a hill you're hosed and if you're on the side of the hill, you won't be there for long.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The year is 2036. Hurricane Gamma-Gamma is anticipated to strike early tomorrow morning, and Hurricane Gamma-Delta should be arriving by the following evening. Fortunately, they're both only category 4s this time.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

i say swears online posted:

IT’S MORPHIN TIME

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

i say swears online posted:

Hurricane Zardoz

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Is 2005 the only time we made it all the way to the Greek letters?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

Is 2005 the only time we made it all the way to the Greek letters?

It's about to be the first time

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

hurricane xander cage

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Vox Nihili posted:

disappointed I didn't scroll down from that lead-in to see Hurricanes Drarry and Stucky

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

what do we do after hurricane omega

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

VectorSigma posted:

Cyrillic

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

VectorSigma posted:

Online vote. "Hurricane Windy McWindface kills 50,000; millions more without power"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

VectorSigma posted:

Hurricane TROMPF

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

VectorSigma posted:

Hurricane zeta followed by double zeta then Andrew's counterattack

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

ALPHA

Mods please. New thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

hobbesmaster posted:

It goes through the entire greek alphabet, I think they stopped there for symmetry.

After the Greek alphabet, if necessary, it goes through Hebrew, Korean, Aurebesh and Klingon.