Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

wow nice whataboutism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Russiagate accusers are operating from the view that the US is infallible while simultaneously its processes are able to be completely undermined by second world nations. It's so stupid of a contradiction that it almost doesn't bear mentioning.

I'm not sure that's really the mentality. It's more that the US is the protagonist of the world and we're allowed to prop up puppet governments and interfere with elections wherever we want, but it's an unacceptable transgression if another country does the same to us.

Yeltsin was polling in single digits until Bill Clinton stepped in, if anything Russia owed us one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
literally today's big 'russia interference story' was just that Russian 'hackers' had...publicly information voter roll information...

It sure seems like if our Ancient Foe The Rus are interfering they're doing a weak job!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

All of this is to say nothing of the fact that for some reason, there was/is a warhawk faction of Democrats salivating for at least a proxy war against Russia- it seemed like all but a campaign promise that tensions would increase to boiling if they won. Now it's gone the other way because the Republicans are racist and the Chinese look less like us than the Russians (though that is admittedly oversimplifying things a great deal), but even with blaming China for covid and all the calls to do something, no policymaker in office is stupid enough to suggest outright war. And if we can't or won't "punish" China for the virus which has completely upended Western life while China goes back to business-as-usual, what the gently caress were we planning to go after Russia for? What was their crime? Not being broken enough by the neoliberal reforms of the 90s?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We have, like, rock solid proof that Putin was issuing cash bounties to snipers who bagged our own troops, if we aren't going to war with Russia over that were certainly not gonna give a poo poo if they destroy the entire framework of our democracy.

I am so poisoned I don't even know if I'm joking anymore lmao.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Proust Malone posted:

According to the Republican Senate it was a...collusion... of information release with the puropose of controlling media narratives. Russia hacked the DNC, or rather some dumbass at the dnc stepped on a rake and gave up their passwords. Then between Roger Stone, Manafort, and Wikileaks, they released info to feed the trump campaign narrative, or even respond to other poo poo. Like releasing podesta info to chaff up the news following the "grab them by the pussy" leak. It was....shall we say...an info war.

So... They released John Podesta's boring emails about his lunch order and hillary bitching about Bernie because some dumbass at the DNC clicked a phishing email. Do you honestly think that moved a single vote either way?

Also it's weird to say "multiple convictions" when the only person indicted for this was a democrat investigator who got dinged for lying to a FISA court

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

We have, like, rock solid proof that Putin was issuing cash bounties to snipers who bagged our own troops,

??

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

the western media poo poo it's pants like a month ago finding out that russia hires mercenaries and used the most extreme and sensational language possible while eliding the fact that war happens when you're involved in a war

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

We also murked like 200 Russian mercs at once and nothing happened.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Wasn't the bounty stuff very quietly walked back like a week later anyway

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Those same fighters were originally paid by the US to attack Russians, then the US stopped paying them

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

We also murked like 200 Russian mercs at once and nothing happened.

what was the story behind this one

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

multijoe posted:

Okay, but has he stopped divorcing his wife?

What? No. :ohdear:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

get fuuuuucked

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1300962808801132547

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's a meme from like early 2017 when matt moved out to nyc but his wife never really appears on stream

Rhesus Pieces posted:

dunno the specific attack, but i think it was a group of merc in conjunction with the SAA going into an area of southeastern syria near iraq that the US had said that week was a no-go zone

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/KJBD11/status/1300963103585316865?s=20

lmao EAT poo poo BITCH

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khasham

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao i had already troll-replied that post

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Back to Innsmouth he goes

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

oh we ain't heard the end of that drooling freak just yet. maybe he will primary Warren, that would be funny.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

oh we ain't heard the end of that drooling freak just yet. maybe he will primary Warren, that would be funny.

Feels more likely that she’d either get a role in a Biden/Harris administration or just retire before the next cycle.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

FlamingLiberal posted:

More like Outsmouth

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah i don't think she's running again

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

i say swears online posted:

yeah i don't think she's running again
She underperformed Clinton in 2016, so yeah, probably not

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Henchman of Santa posted:

Feels more likely that she’d either get a role in a Biden/Harris administration or just retire before the next cycle.

She is getting nothing.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crane Fist posted:

So... They released John Podesta's boring emails about his lunch order and hillary bitching about Bernie because some dumbass at the DNC clicked a phishing email. Do you honestly think that moved a single vote either way?

Also it's weird to say "multiple convictions" when the only person indicted for this was a democrat investigator who got dinged for lying to a FISA court

It fed the conservative narrative for weeks so instead of talking about the pussy grabbing for instance they could talk about the emails / her emails. There’s no one thing that makes a voter in the same way that there’s no one flo from progressive ad that makes a customer choose that brand, but the repetition over and over sets the brand. That’s what I was playing at when i said an “infowar.”

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The russiagate stuff makes more sense when you realize that the US sees itself as the new Rome and Russia is little more than a stand in for Carthage.

They're gonna start chanting Russia Delenda Est on the senate floor in a few years unless this trajectory changes.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Yikes. Just yikes. Having a normal one once again.

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

More like Wettsmouth

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Kennedy's replacement is an ex-Republican. Great job there Joe.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Cringe. Cringe and fail.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phone posted:

the western media poo poo it's pants like a month ago finding out that russia hires mercenaries and used the most extreme and sensational language possible while eliding the fact that war happens when you're involved in a war

What was the "rock solid" proof of this, must have missed that

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I was going to joke about the Atlantic council filtering it through bellingcat, but nah it was just the CIA.

There’s even a Wikipedia entry! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_bounty_program

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1300966208313884672?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao our president just put out a decent troll post

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1301092327017140224

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

can you really say he's wrong here

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Shipon posted:

can you really say he's wrong here

The full context was that she was comparing the way that news media talks about white men who commit acts of terrorism compared to the way they talk about terrorism committed by Muslims, people are trying to slam her for talking about islamophobia as if she was actually being islamophobic herself. But if you have the attention span of a goldfish it's easier to just retweet an edited clip without watching it and just go off what the person who posted it says it's about.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

The full context was that she was comparing the way that news media talks about white men who commit acts of terrorism compared to the way they talk about terrorism committed by Muslims, people are trying to slam her for talking about islamophobia as if she was actually being islamophobic herself. But if you have the attention span of a goldfish it's easier to just retweet an edited clip without watching it and just go off what the person who posted it says it's about.

This coming from the woman who claimed hackers edited her blog posts to say homophobic poo poo? Yeah I ain't giving her any benefit of the doubt on this one knowing her record

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Sleeveless posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Joy Reid was an ally at one point, but she essentially walled herself into an elevator shaft like an auto-erotic Cask of Amontillado where she can huff her own farts until she ascends.