Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

STAC Goat posted:

The signs of a healthy BB game are 30 minute HOHs and then a couple of comedy comedy/character segments before noms.

Yeah, especially when the actual competition probably took less than half of that time.

This hinky vote thing is dumb
- why would Dani lie to Cody?
- I literally don’t understand David’s game. It’s just constant fumble after fumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dani's just fallen into the classic trap of playing such a good game in the first few weeks that she thinks she can do anything and starts grossly overplaying.

No one knows what David's doing. No one. Ovi's been open about coaching David pre-game and he's been tweeting complete bewilderment. Whoever's running David's own twitter account is even openly lost.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Sometimes I don’t know if it’s just something I’m missing because I don’t watch the feeds. Glad to see everyone is in agreement.

This week is a foregone conclusion, so I guess we are getting friendship and comedy segments. It was nice that they put on the Day and Kaysar conversation, even though they didn’t realize how relevant it was, sadly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I swear, I think they digitally erased Janelle from that Day/Kaysar conversation. She was sitting there the entire time awkwardly silent.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

YEAH MAN I WANT ALL THE BLOOD

[safest two picks]

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is the fourth straight week that the HOH boasted about how completely unafraid they were and how they were going to make big moves and then nominated the two completely easiest people in the house who weren't even really gunning for them and were kinda trying to ally with them.

Well... no one was trying to ally with Memphis. But still, he only has to gun for David now because he was a dick to David then.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

If I have it correctly, there's currently two big alliances in the house. While there's some overlap between the two, it seems that the ones who do not overlap do not know about the other alliance. My guess this is why Enzo didn't make a big move, because Cody is directing him down one path. Unless I have this wrong -- the current dynamics of the house are confusing.

Also, I am still in awe of how badly David has played. His stammering over a simple question was just the latest.

This season has been frustrating so far. But, at least no one has been racist.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, there's more than 2 alliances in the house. Besides the Memphis organized Committee and Enzo organized the Slick Six ones the TV show has talked about there's also The Core, Four Prime, and an unnamed guy's alliance along with a dozen F2s.

The simplest way to understand it is that Cody, Dani, and Nicole are at the center of a house alliance, Tyler and Enzo are on the next level of trust, and Christmas, Day, Bay, Memphis, Ian, and David are all the numbers and pawns they're using. But they haven't formed one official alliance, instead they've formed a dozen alliances within that group so now everyone's all crossed up with each other in a confusing blob of alliances.

So yeah, part of the hyper focus on Janelle and Kaysar has been that they were clean shots. Once Kaysar's gone its gonna get really hard for people to make moves without backstabbing someone. Enzo has a little more room to maneuver than Cody or Dani but like he couldn't target Dani or Day like he was considering because he's in an alliance with them. And targeting Ian was hard because he's in a separate alliance with Nicole who doesn't want it and she's in an alliance with Ian, Cody, and Dani so they kind of have to have her back. Its a complete mess.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 31, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thanks for all that info. I am surprised that Tyler also isn't someone at the center of the house. I am also surprised that Ian has any sort of alliance, because he's really seen to be on his lonesome watching the episodes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyler's really really close to the center, but the problem is everyone knows what a snake he was his first time and how close he came to winning so people are keeping him at arm's reach.

Ian IS pretty isolated. He has a F2 with Nicole and he's very loyal to that as they're apparently good friends outside the game. Kaysar pointed out to him that Nicole being in an alliance without him is something he'd never do to Janelle, which caused some drama and led to Nicole forming a fake alliance with Ian and her true allies Cody and Dani to placate him. But Cody and Dani are constantly talking about cutting him and Nicole is only stringing Ian along and says he'll do whatever she tells him to do.

Cody, Dani, and Nicole just have a very intertwined thing with each other which means they're all kind of privy to everything that each of them does and have all the power in the house. Tyler and Enzo are close to that but thet don't have the same connections. Tyler's trying to play this like BB20 but his new allies aren't nearly as passive as Level 6 and JC. That David mess last week was a good example.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tyler’s going to be the first one gone once they’ve exhausted the easy votes

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

STAC Goat posted:

I swear, I think they digitally erased Janelle from that Day/Kaysar conversation. She was sitting there the entire time awkwardly silent.

I knew it!

https://twitter.com/BBMcDuck/status/1300234933957472256

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Haha, that's great.

I thought the show aired everything that had actually happened during the week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They actually routinely just pull old footage to fill time or fill in story elements when they come up later. Like sometimes they'll do those flashback scenes but sometimes they'll just pretend an alliance or a conversation that happened in Week 2 happened in Week 4 because its the first time it became relevant to the narrative or they had show to fill.

I also noticed a ton of incongruous cuts during this drawn out HOH. Like people would have 2 balls and then 1 and then 2 again.

This isn't even the first time they erased someone from a scene. It just stood out to me because that was a long conversation I watched on the feeds and Janelle sat there the whole time being awkwardly silent and it was kind of low key hilarious. The fact that they erased her just makes it funnier.

Turns out BB lies to us. My world is shook.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
It makes me really wonder what actually happens on Survivor.

And of course we'll never know what happened on TAR between the Reilly sisters and Nictor.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I keep meaning to watch that episode to see what the hell all that drama was about.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

STAC Goat posted:

I keep meaning to watch that episode to see what the hell all that drama was about.

I watched it when it aired and I don't remember thinking anything except TAR completely wasted Janelle and Brittney.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I watched a clip when this season started but it was just like Rachel yelling and Nicole crying. Which both tells me nothing and seems like it tells me everything.

I also saw a clip of Janelle singing karaoke in another language while Britney rocked out.

But of course All Access doesn't stream The Amazing Race.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 2, 2020

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

The Pluto TV app added a Survivor and TAR binge channel recently.
Of course, you'll have to deal with ads but since it just appeared I have no idea how deep the series catalog goes.
The Survivor channel was on All-Stars 1 and I have no idea what season of TAR they were on but both were in glorious 4:3 aspect ratio because this was pre HD.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Robnoxious posted:

The Pluto TV app added a Survivor and TAR binge channel recently.
Of course, you'll have to deal with ads but since it just appeared I have no idea how deep the series catalog goes.

Fun fact about All Access is you have to watch ads there too! The same 3 ads, even on decades old reality shows.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I watched a clip when this season started but it was just like Rachel yelling and Nicole crying. Which both tells me nothing and seems like it tells me everything.

I also saw a clip of Janelle singing karaoke in another language while Britney rocked out.

It's all on Hulu, if you have access to that.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Okay I give up what's the meow meow thing?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Savahontas posted:

Okay I give up what's the meow meow thing?

Its the nickname Enzo gave himself in his first season. I think he gave the Brigade all "code names" but Meow Meow is the only one that stuck because Enzo is so Enzo.

He explained the origin on the feeds this year. It was kind of NSFW. My memory of it is that he was in a car with a bunch of people and some girl he didn't know farted and he was like "you farted in my car?" and she was like "Yeah, that was my rear end. Lick it. Meow Meow." That happened like right before he came in and he had it on his mind so he just randomly introduced himself as Meow Meow and now "its up on the wall in the BB House because of that girl's rear end."

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I am repulsed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Then you truly understand Meow Meow.

And Jersey.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Edit: thank you for the gift of at the very least knowing I'm firmly rooting against Enzo

Yikes. That was hard to watch. Now I understand why Kaysar's wife felt like she had to make a statement. For anyone who isn't following the feeds, here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/QudratRidha/status/1300158324411781120?s=19

Spoilered because I'm paranoid.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Can’t wait for, like, David to go up after all this discussion about Dani as a possibility.

E: oh, of course.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 3, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

New School doesn't make big moves. They talk about how tough they'll look when they do and then put up a pawn against the 40 year old man who went out first in the comp and who's last friend did a DR specifically to wash her hands of him.

On the positive side BB designed a comp after an NSYNC video.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The Amazing Race drama, as I recall, was that the Reilly sisters got wind of a few other teams planning to U-Turn Victor and Nicole, and since they had previously established a "BB alliance" they passed this information along to Victor/Nicole so they could be prepared and not take any chances. Makes sense, right? Except Victor/Nicole, instead of being grateful for the heads-up, decided to reveal to those other teams that the Reillys had snitched, which led to much angst (Rachel handled it about as well as you'd expect) and made the Reillys a bigger target for everybody.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that was Janelle's version of it. Basically Rachel and Elissa tried to help Nicole and Victor, they sold them out, and then the Reilly's called them out in front of everyone because they're Rachel and Elissa and Nicole cried and played victim because she's Nicole. So Janelle just had no use for her because she knew Nicole was a snake and played victim.

Although its worth noting that Janelle was NOT poo poo talking Nicole or targeting her when it started. Her initial opinion about Nicole was "I like her well enough, but I can't deal with her in this game." She said one nasty thing (that she'll "crawl out of bed at F6") about Nicole F one night to Nicole A and then spent the rest of the week apologizing to Nicole A about it. But Nicole F was talking about Janelle NON STOP since Day 1. She insisted Janelle hated her and was targeting her. She insisted Janelle was talking poo poo and bullying her. She cried every other night. She said she kept a list of things Janelle had said about her outside the house. She was mad Janelle wrote a blog saying Paul should have won. She believed Janelle had started rumors about her online. It was nuts. Gradually Janelle caught wind and got increasingly more annoyed. After the Have Nots thing Janelle just was like "please take out that bitch". But it was this insane one sided obsession for the first couple of weeks. Remember that insult she claimed was an accident? She and Dani rehearsed it for days along with her goodbye message. And then Dani organized Cody and Tyler to be a wall around Nicole for when Janelle "attacked" her. Which of course she never did because she's a grown rear end mom.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, time for Kaysar to stop sacrificing his time and peace of mind to raise important issues and remind us of better days and go home to his family.

Or he gets stuck in Camp Comeback and has to suffer for 3 more weeks.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I hope they allow Kaysar to go home. Give him that peace.

I’d love to see people’s reactions after the game when they realize that Kaysar was right.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The funny part about this edit is that on the first level its "Dani's game blows up" but on the lower level its "Tyler burns an ally for nothing" because every time he says "I'm sure she was turning you against me" everyone's like "no."

BB Basement. They're gonna stick Kaysar in the basement. That's cold.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Please don't put Kaysar in the basement.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Savahontas posted:

Please don't put Kaysar in the basement.

^^^^

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
The BB Basement will be the new "Outdoors" area for the HGs to keep them from actually going outside to see the various banners, wall-yellers, drones, and what-have-you trying to blow up Nicole's game

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB Basement is where you go to hide from everyone and get wasted while you pretend you're exercising.

Uh... metaphorically... somehow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kaysar's inner monologue: "Didn't I tell you this 3 weeks ago?"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It would never happen but I’d love a situation where Dani threw a hinky vote and it ended up being the swing to send that person home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This is frustrating, but better late than never, I guess.

The problem, however, is that too many people think they’re the core. I’m not sure if Memphis and David could swing to the other side.