Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Sanschel posted:

Lol Spirit Halloween’s costumes are of two psycho-sexual super predators and their abuse victim, great choices guys.

In the tv series, Homelander wasn't involved with the starlight/deep stuff.

Deep got metoo'd and sent out to pasture till everything calmed down. Pretty sure starlight was gonna burn his nuts off next time she saw him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, they removed any sex stuff from Homelander to focus on the other stuff wrong with him.

Halloween's all about dressing up as serial killers so he fits right in.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Alaois posted:

i didn't watch The Boys but I did notice whenever people actually talked about the show, absolutely nobody ever mentioned The Boys themselves

They're all good -- Karl Urban does an amazing job of being an insanely unlikable prick without killing the mood of the show -- but the guy who plays Homelander is just on some other level.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is that new Sabine Black Series very different from the one I already have?

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Dawgstar posted:

Is that new Sabine Black Series very different from the one I already have?

It's the same figure, but with updated face painting.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Shot on the dark but does anybody have and want to get rid of the NECA Bill and Ted figures? A good friend has been helping me with some work stuff and I want to get him the figures as he’s a huge fan.

Also didn’t somebody want Psylocke from the 3-pack? Got the pack today and am keeping Nimrod and Fantomex but already have the blue Psylocke. e: nevermind was somebody on fwoosh.

v - looks good though the 2-pack pre-order is sold out. :(

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 2, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s some new ones coming. They’re not amazing but if you don’t want to pay super insane prices you can snag em.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Brand=8005

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So apparently there’s gonna be a color variant Amazing Yamaguchi Harley Quinn, largely a pallet swap except for the bubble blowing face instead of the “shocked” one: https://imgur.com/gallery/xeCqNgv

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

They're all good -- Karl Urban does an amazing job of being an insanely unlikable prick without killing the mood of the show -- but the guy who plays Homelander is just on some other level.

For anybody who doesn't know, the actor's name is Antony Starr, and he was also great playing a wildly different role as the series lead on "Banshee." That was an extremely raunchy, very enjoyable action show where he played a fun, likable antihero. Homelander is... almost unrecognizable as the same human being. He absolutely disappears into the role, and goes places I never would have expected. It's flat out one of the best performances I've ever seen, and probably the most frightening villain I've ever seen on TV.

So much so that I was thinking for a minute about whether I wanted a Homelander action figure, and then thought I would probably get way too creeped out having him on my shelf...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

For anybody who doesn't know, the actor's name is Antony Starr, and he was also great playing a wildly different role as the series lead on "Banshee." That was an extremely raunchy, very enjoyable action show where he played a fun, likable antihero. Homelander is... almost unrecognizable as the same human being. He absolutely disappears into the role, and goes places I never would have expected. It's flat out one of the best performances I've ever seen, and probably the most frightening villain I've ever seen on TV.

So much so that I was thinking for a minute about whether I wanted a Homelander action figure, and then thought I would probably get way too creeped out having him on my shelf...

Whenever anyone mentions Banshee, I have to pop in and say that it's one of the most fun, rewarding, kick-rear end shows of all time. It's not high art, but it's incredibly violent pulp in the best possible way, with lots of sex too. If you liked Justified but wish it had even more blood, boobs, and badassery, Banshee is the show for you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Season 1 has already made some changes that make the comic ending pretty much not doable too. So it's going to be interesting to see where he goes now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
oh my god look at this beautiful bastard, such a fun figure. Not only is he a beast but it's clear NECA's upgraded something in their plastic as he feels much more like a toy than a brittle statue. I love it.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If you liked Justified but wish it had even more blood, boobs, and badassery, Banshee is the show for you.

I absolutely adored Justified, and still wish for a Tim and Rachel spin off show. You've sold me on checking out Banshee!

I found The Boys (and Preacher) really enjoyable, and it's funny because I don't care for just about anything Garth Ennis writes comic wise. Seems his stuff translates much better to TV in my mind at least.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

oh my god look at this beautiful bastard, such a fun figure. Not only is he a beast but it's clear NECA's upgraded something in their plastic as he feels much more like a toy than a brittle statue. I love it.

Yeah, mine came yesterday and he is amazing. NECA has a way of making me temporarily forget how much I hate them any time a new TMNT figure arrives. I need to rearrange my current curio case, because it was maxed out with the four turtles, Shredder, 2 foot, and a captive Splinter.

Also, sent you a PM about the Psylocke.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have another MOTU hookup! Vehicles and complete figures!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found a fuckin Beachhead today!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Joe Fisto posted:

I found a fuckin Beachhead today!

Congrats!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey we just closed on the new house. We're going to buy new flooring for the basement and then the figure room can live again!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Hey we just closed on the new house. We're going to buy new flooring for the basement and then the figure room can live again!

Congrats! :toot:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This thread has been pretty great, thanks for being supportive of my plastic crack addiction.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hangtak putty to keep the figures standing? :lol: That's different. Doesn't it stain? I had a friend use some for posters back in the day and it sorta oiled thru and ruined the corners.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

This thread has been pretty great, thanks for being supportive of my plastic crack addiction.

It’s not an addiction, it’s either preserving past collectibles for future generations or it’s a retirement plan.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DrChud posted:

It’s not an addiction, it’s either preserving past collectibles for future generations or it’s a retirement plan.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m getting buried with all of my stuff in a massive tomb, Egyptian pharaoh style. My tomb is going to be amazing, with elaborate traps and curses and the whole nine yards. :colbert:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
When I told my girls all my dumb toys will be theirs one day they got in a fight over who gets what and it's like, they're still mine you idiots, grow up, come up with a plan to kill me if you want them so badly.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Hangtak putty to keep the figures standing? :lol: That's different. Doesn't it stain? I had a friend use some for posters back in the day and it sorta oiled thru and ruined the corners.

This is why you use cheese wax.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

So when Pop Findr says that there's 1 in stock, does that mean it's actually there, or are they just honeydicking me and it would be a wasted trip? Because I see three Target stores in my area that have Baroness and the others listed as in stock, but only 1, and I don't know if I should go out and hit all three stores only to come home with disappointment. I guess I need to get some bananas, so it wouldn't be a completely wasted trip.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ultraviolence123 posted:

So when Pop Findr says that there's 1 in stock, does that mean it's actually there, or are they just honeydicking me and it would be a wasted trip? Because I see three Target stores in my area that have Baroness and the others listed as in stock, but only 1, and I don't know if I should go out and hit all three stores only to come home with disappointment. I guess I need to get some bananas, so it wouldn't be a completely wasted trip.

In my experience, totally honeydicking.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
PF showed two Baroness at a local Target and I ignored it. Local dude later posted that he bought one there. I think PF and Brickseek scrape stock when it's scanned into an individual store regardless of if it's on the shelves yet. You just gotta go and ask somebody.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

ultraviolence123 posted:

In my experience yes, they actually have it. If you don't see it out it might be in the back or someone hid it under the shelves or something.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
In my experience it's a complete sham but yeah other times it's not. PF said a target near me had 2 beach heads and they couldn't find any when I asked them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

In my experience it's a complete sham but yeah other times it's not. PF said a target near me had 2 beach heads and they couldn't find any when I asked them.

I drove over an hour after work after leaving early with the nanny at home and on the clock because it showed a Target with 1 Baroness and 4 Troopers. Got there, looked, nothing. Asked the clerks, nothing, they said I was the third person to ask that afternoon and they had already looked in the back and they weren't there. Checked under a few shelves since I had already drove out there, ended up driving home another hour, totally empty handed. :smithicide:

Nanny got an extra 3 hours on the clock, though, so good for her. :suicide:

I loving hate this addiction/hobby. I would never do this poo poo for any other line, but GI Joe was the only toy I had growing up, so they're super nostalgic for me.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Alright, I'm going to head out to try and find these. They list one in stock at four different Targets, but one of the stores is kind of out of the way from where I'd be heading, so I might wait until the weekend to go there. I'll update if I find anything and I'm happy to send figures to people at cost plus postage.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Hell Walgreen's site is just as bad. I was excited when it said the location a couple blocks away had several Moon Knights. I decided to brave the outside world for the first time in quite awhile to grab one. Low and behold they didn't have a single one.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Honeydicked. I did find the second Neca Godzilla King of the Monsters figure with the blue fins / blue fire, which I had passed on repeatedly since it came out last summer, only to see that it was gone from all the stores and selling for an obnoxious price on the secondary market. Other than that, the only thing I found were people wearing masks that weren't covering their noses. I'll try again this weekend at the other stores showing stock.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just had time to break out Baroness and Destro for some basic posing and display. After getting them together, I didn't have room on my desk. Well I put them in the antique case for now, moving my records elsewhere. Please forgive the dust for now, it's late. Also lighting sucks for now.

E: Image fixed.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 3, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So flights are so goddamned cheap I am considering flying to buy an Eternia as the seller doesn't want to ship it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Rhyno you may have a problem, my dude.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ultraviolence123 posted:

Honeydicked. I did find the second Neca Godzilla King of the Monsters figure with the blue fins / blue fire, which I had passed on repeatedly since it came out last summer, only to see that it was gone from all the stores and selling for an obnoxious price on the secondary market. Other than that, the only thing I found were people wearing masks that weren't covering their noses. I'll try again this weekend at the other stores showing stock.

Keep checking. That Godzilla is the best one imo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cool, Storm Shadow arrived with a crushed box and I planned to return it but the drat kitten munched on the box while I was at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I don't understand why Amazon is using bubble mailers. At least Hasbro pulse puts them in a box. It may not have any packaging material but its at least a box.