Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/AndrewBowie_MP/status/1301257405255299073?s=19

"Six Chip Twat" would be an excellent SA username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Older sibling is jealous of mamas new arrival.

https://i.imgur.com/GS5qh0m.mp4

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

TK-42-1 posted:

matt berry is a treasure

He puts me to sleep every night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNc0ErvirBE

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

gently caress, this is a major problem with my current drawers. There's a plastic ladle that just doesn't fit so I can only mostly open it and hook the ladle out.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dig through the dishes
and burn through your wishes
you slam the drawer on your
Spatula!

me: mom i think i may be in trouble i can't open the kitchen drawer please don't sing spatula
mom: stuck i am the one

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

gently caress, this is a major problem with my current drawers. There's a plastic ladle that just doesn't fit so I can only mostly open it and hook the ladle out.

Tell us more about your drawers.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

BOOTY-ADE posted:

me: mom i think i may be in trouble i can't open the kitchen drawer please don't sing spatula

utensil rattling son
shaking all the drawers
calling ladles whores

refrain

Lord Awkward has a new favorite as of 01:26 on Sep 3, 2020

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Agents are GO! posted:

Tell us more about your drawers.

Wasn't hornyposting verboten?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

gorilla gang

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

gorilla gang

When Greg Davies takes one of the contestants aside on Taskmaster

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is that only on YouTube? I can’t find a podcast by him with Overcast.

YouTube videos aren’t podcasts :colbert:

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Beachcomber posted:

Every time you curse a drawer, it's a prayer to Anoia.

I-understood-that-reference.gif and I appreciate it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lincoln posted:

Oh yes, you definitely learn that, "factually correct," and "intelligible" often don't go together. You do everything you can to join the two, but you're always fighting against the "copy" writer (an engineer). These type of videos are usually scripted with extremely specific language, and they won't accept even the slightest variation. I mean that literally: I once heard, "It says 'a,' not 'an.,'" when 'an' was grammatically correct.
I can see this if you have something called the apple converter and something called the napple converter and you really don't want someone pressing the wrong one.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

this seems kind of scary actually. hope the baby is ok.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

A Grand Egg posted:

That baby is fine because that mother would tear the big brother apart by his limbs before letting him hurt the kid.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

A Grand Egg posted:

All baby gorillas die by sibling, unfortunately.

Epic Doctor Fetus
Jul 23, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Omg, great job. Also love your Isaac themed av/name.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Kheldarn posted:

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/K0mPTiz.mp4

*to. And impies they succeeded, and thus wouldn't be around to be placed into the idiot zone. Furthermore

Holy poo poo I used to work for a company that did business with Rockwell Automation. Goddamn Allen-Bradley PLC. None of that made any sense to me either BTW.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

IamnotJoe posted:

Holy poo poo I used to work for a company that did business with Rockwell Automation. Goddamn Allen-Bradley PLC. None of that made any sense to me either BTW.

The Turbo Encabulator has been a long running engineering joke since the 1940s to invent the most functionally meaningless techno-babble possible. It's not supposed to make sense.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Splicer posted:

I can see this if you have something called the apple converter and something called the napple converter and you really don't want someone pressing the wrong one.
Just do so many takes that rebracketing occurs and you're golden

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

The Turbo Encabulator has been a long running engineering joke since the 1940s to invent the most functionally meaningless techno-babble possible. It's not supposed to make sense.
It's not? This is very concerning.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I understood it all. Maybe read a book sometime.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If the turbo encabulator isn't real then what the hell did I spend $600 on a certification course for?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I was at the San Diego Zoo observing the gorillas. Two of them were right up against the glass, and getting a lot of attention from everyone.
The big male was upset about something (threatened? jealous?), and made a running leap against the glass right in front of me, slamming his hands and feet against it and making a loud boom.
Imagine ~30 people gasping and holding their breath, someone mutters "holy poo poo", and everyone scatters like birds.

Me, as a 21st century human, knows that the glass is gorilla proof. My brain did not believe that in the moment that I saw 600 fuzzy lbs of muscle and teeth charging at me.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

RandomFerret posted:

If the turbo encabulator isn't real then what the hell did I spend $600 on a certification course for?

The encabulator might not be real but at least you now have a solid understanding of cardinal grammeters and how they're framulated.

Don't you? You WERE paying attention right?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

canyoneer posted:

I was at the San Diego Zoo observing the gorillas. Two of them were right up against the glass, and getting a lot of attention from everyone.
The big male was upset about something (threatened? jealous?), and made a running leap against the glass right in front of me, slamming his hands and feet against it and making a loud boom.
Imagine ~30 people gasping and holding their breath, someone mutters "holy poo poo", and everyone scatters like birds.

Me, as a 21st century human, knows that the glass is gorilla proof. My brain did not believe that in the moment that I saw 600 fuzzy lbs of muscle and teeth charging at me.

No animal could fool my brain :smug:

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

IamnotJoe posted:

This seems like it's straight out of the show Patriot

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5-9Rfrui9A

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ

Lemon
May 22, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63voclAKjbA

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

A Grand Egg posted:

Should be. Gorillas are all bluff. Even if the older one got ahold of the baby, the worst he would do would probably give it a good shove.

They're not like chimps, who will kill indiscriminately for fun and profit.

Banana profit.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Epic Mount posted:

In my heart I am completely certain the writers of that scene were familiar with the Turboencabulator.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Epic Mount posted:

I was thinking the same thing except I was thinking about the scene where John just absolutely crushes his presentation. Not having much luck finding a clip unfortunately.

I was like 95% sure they completely bullshitted all the technical jargon in that show, not so much now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

canyoneer posted:

I'd wager you were probably like the third tourist group that day he'd done that to for fun.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

canyoneer posted:

Someone was looking the big guy straight in the eyes
Gorilla equivalent of the middle finger

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Inspector 34 posted:

I was thinking the same thing except I was thinking about the scene where John just absolutely crushes his presentation. Not having much luck finding a clip unfortunately.

I was like 95% sure they completely bullshitted all the technical jargon in that show, not so much now.

They definitely used parts of the turbo-encabulator whole cloth in that show, I'm pretty sure it was in John's presentation too. During the interview with John they use some actual pipeline welding terminology, when they talk about the number of filet welds on piping butt joints.

That whole show is fantastic, and the technical jargon parts are both very well written and brilliantly acted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

canyoneer posted:

I would not trust that the glass enclosing a gorilla enclosure in an American zoo is gorilla-proof. Safety is COMMUNISM!