Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

until he's killed by a falling...

/spins wheel

...blimp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

a torn meniscus can heal in weeks with surgery? Maybe i should schedule my surgery...

A trimmed one can. A complete repair takes months to heal

nerve posted:

absolutely freakish hand

huh? Seems normal unless you're used to hamhocks with baby hotdogs for fingers

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 2, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

forgot the bengals are very bad still. should be interesting

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cavauro posted:

forgot the bengals are very bad still. should be interesting

I believe in Joe Burrow.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kirk Cousins as he throws 4 yards short of the LoS in a 3rd and long on a playoff game: survival of the fittest if I die I die YOLO bitch

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Silly Burrito posted:

I believe in Joe Burrow.

Why

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Me throwing my arms up and giving up on the Vikings after they signed Cousins is reaffirmed all the time.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Chargers v Bengals is an interesting match up this year. Gonna be very hard for the Bengals to deal with that pass rush, but nothing on their offence worries me except Henry. I see it as a wash now, with Derwin I'd have given the edge to San Angeles.

If The Bengals go behind I think they stay behind, I like thier chances if they get an early lead, even if it's a small one.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No I think you were pretty crystal loving clear Kirk.

https://twitter.com/andrewsiciliano/status/1301239663626076160?s=21

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Because it's sort of still the offseason
https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1301169257921691653

ok I just noticed #3

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mark Ingram rules

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

fsif posted:

No I think you were pretty crystal loving clear Kirk.

https://twitter.com/andrewsiciliano/status/1301239663626076160?s=21

It's the, oh poo poo, everyone is calling me out for being a dumbass, response.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Because it's sort of still the offseason
https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1301169257921691653

ok I just noticed #3

During the show for this list, Kyle Brandt showed a clip from the same interview where Cousins said his stupid poo poo about masks

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He just wins games.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

He just wins games.

Hook ‘em?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

Chargers v Bengals is an interesting match up this year. Gonna be very hard for the Bengals to deal with that pass rush, but nothing on their offence worries me except Henry. I see it as a wash now, with Derwin I'd have given the edge to San Angeles.

If The Bengals go behind I think they stay behind, I like thier chances if they get an early lead, even if it's a small one.

I like the Chargers because the Charger defense is the only outstanding unit that will be on the field. Both offenses will be meh and the bengals defense doesn't scare me at all

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The chargers have lethal offensive weapons wtf

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

Hook ‘em?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

Mike Williams might or might not play, Henry is good, Keenan is great, and no one respects Ekeler.

I have no idea how they'll all look with Tyrod

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Metapod posted:

Yeah, theyre called the health and safety coordinators.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I like the Chargers because the Charger defense is the only outstanding unit that will be on the field. Both offenses will be meh and the bengals defense doesn't scare me at all

Our big discrepancy will be re Tyrod. I hope he plays well for y'all cuz he's a great guy, but I've seen him play probably ~10 games by now and I just do not see him as servicable. If I had to discribe watching him play in one word it would be burdonsome.

I have y'all pegged as a bottom 5 qb room, but we'll see.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/pixelnfl/status/1301273470601486342

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Our big discrepancy will be re Tyrod. I hope he plays well for y'all cuz he's a great guy, but I've seen him play probably ~10 games by now and I just do not see him as servicable. If I had to discribe watching him play in one word it would be burdonsome.

I have y'all pegged as a bottom 5 qb room, but we'll see.

He seems like a poor man's Alex Smith to me. Very conservative with the ball, doesn't take a lot of chances, etc. He was on three not great Buffalo teams and led one of them to the playoffs, and we all know what happens to QBs in Cleveland.

He's never had as much offensive talent as he has now, and coming off a year where Rivers lost like 5 games himself with game ending picks, I'll take some conservatism

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

, and we all know what happens to QBs in Cleveland.

Yeah except that season the Cleveland offense starter coming alive under Baker while it stagnated with Tyrod

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would love to be wrong, Tyrod the person owns.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sanu released.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

How could the Patriots just release a man who has 3 years with a perfect passer rating?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bring sanu home when aj gets hurt again

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol we traded a second round pick for him mid season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I thought that was a really good move tbh

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sanu came in, looked good for like 1 game, destroyed his ankle, and now he's gone.

welp.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

He seems like a poor man's Alex Smith to me. Very conservative with the ball, doesn't take a lot of chances, etc. He was on three not great Buffalo teams and led one of them to the playoffs, and we all know what happens to QBs in Cleveland.

He's never had as much offensive talent as he has now, and coming off a year where Rivers lost like 5 games himself with game ending picks, I'll take some conservatism

Tyrod has a stronger arm and a better deep ball than Smith did but otherwise this is pretty spot on IMO. He won't win games outright but he isn't going to lose them either, which is mostly what they need anyway since Lynn wants to run the ball and play field position anyway. They'll probably grind out like 7 or 8 wins.

They are definitely a more talented team offensively than any of the teams he had in Buffalo on paper, but IIRC they switched offensive schemes since Rivers left and the Chargers rarely stay healthy for any meaningful length of time. so who knows how it'll shake out.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 3, 2020

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Watkins/Woods/Goodwin with McCoy and a handful of games with Percy Harvin was a pretty solid supporting cast. Tyrol was pretty good that season.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I thought that was a really good move tbh

I did at the time.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kalli posted:

Sanu came in, looked good for like 1 game, destroyed his ankle, and now he's gone.

welp.

The circle of life

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Destroyed his ankle returning a punt, something he had literally never done before

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Kalli posted:

welp.

10-81-1 on 14 targets, then some really beautiful games lol. 2-4-0 on 4 targets, 3-14-0 on 5 targets, 2-13-0 on 8 targets. It was a massive waste of a 2nd even before the injury

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

What a good opportunity to post the Billy 5 Aces image.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sourdough posted:

10-81-1 on 14 targets, then some really beautiful games lol. 2-4-0 on 4 targets, 3-14-0 on 5 targets, 2-13-0 on 8 targets. It was a massive waste of a 2nd even before the injury

The injury was immediately after the 10-81 game, his 2nd with the Pats, at which point he was a corpse, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1301322929045729280