Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Lol, stupid.

Very.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

:bignews: Drake is back to being Robin! :bignews:

After Damien threw away the identity

Good. I never liked whatever the hell they did with him after The New 52 or whichever event retconned him from being Robin. I honestly couldn’t figure it other than he was named after a hamburger stand or something.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Red Robin was a stupid name but a good idea. I like that they played up that he is the smart Robin in his solo titles. Him not being Robin is probably something they should stick with, but his Robin branding is strong.

I even liked his Falcon-esque costume, but your mileage may vary on that obviously.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Good. I am glad for anything that involves any less making GBS threads on a character hosed over by Identity Crisis

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Does Dick Grayson still have Amnesia and is going by Ric?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

He's now mind controlled by The Joker and goes by Dicky Boy

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Skwirl posted:

Does Dick Grayson still have Amnesia and is going by Ric?

I think that plot was just very recently resolving.

So like a solid year+ of it :lmao:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's still weird to me that in most media (well cartoon related) Dick was the default Robin even though he hasn't been Robin since the 80's. I never understood why Batman: TAS had Dick as Robin while the Batman comics had Tim. Even the most recent Teen Titans stuff (saw Teen Titans Go to the Movies for the 4 time recently) had Dick as Robin (though it didn't really matter who the alter ego was. At least the Young Justice cartoon had Tim. I always assumed for most readers my age (late 30's) Tim would be the default Robin though. I would love to see Tim move past being Robin (that's why I didn't mind Drake so much) because he is an awesome character and deserves to have his own identity past Robin like Nightwing does.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Hopefully they’re not doing anything too stupid with Damian.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well recently in Teen Titans both Batman and his teammates berated him for wanting to kill people a lot and uh *checks notes* keeping them chained up indefinitely in a basement which leads him to bitch at everyone and then quit being Robin so uh...
...fifty-fifty odds on that, I guess?

Batman also declares the Teen Titans are finished now, for pretty good reason, which makes this the like third or fourth iteration of the Teen Titans that spent its entire run trying to convince us that the team shouldn’t exist in the first place.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You have one Batman and Robin which is Bruce and Tim and you have another Batman and Robin which is Dick and Damian.

Everyone is happy.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

So am I getting this right that in the New 52, Tim's gone from Robin (off-panel) to Red Robin (for years) to Robin (because Bendis) to Drake (because Bendis) to Robin again??

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I just got that awful feeling that they’re going to hide Damian, so they can try and make Bruce look to coincide with the new movie. I don’t like to doomsay, but it’s hard to trust DC sometimes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Get this... What if Damian... becomes the next Joker???

Hire me, DC

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Fourth Joker Has Been Found.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

J Has Come To

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dan Didio posted:

The Fourth Joker Has Been Found.

The keeper of arcane, wicked voodoo magic?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They just need to transform Damien into his Harley Quinn version.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Get this... What if Damian... becomes the next Joker???

Hire me, DC

Kid Joker??????

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Alaois posted:

Kid Joker??????

The Kidder!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No no no, that would be who Kid Joker would fight in The Chocolate War of Jokes and Riddles.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You mean The Jester?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Did somebody say 'The Jokester'?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Quip and Chestnut

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tumblr Funnyman

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Abroham Lincoln posted:

So am I getting this right that in the New 52, Tim's gone from Robin (off-panel) to Red Robin (for years) to Robin (because Bendis) to Drake (because Bendis) to Robin again??

From what I remember when the New 52 universe Launched Tim never was robin he started out as Red Robin.

Post-Rebirth/Doomsday Clock he was Robin III and then became Drake and now back to Robin I guess

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Jokes Kidster, or JK for short.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Madkal posted:

It's still weird to me that in most media (well cartoon related) Dick was the default Robin even though he hasn't been Robin since the 80's. I never understood why Batman: TAS had Dick as Robin while the Batman comics had Tim. Even the most recent Teen Titans stuff (saw Teen Titans Go to the Movies for the 4 time recently) had Dick as Robin (though it didn't really matter who the alter ego was. At least the Young Justice cartoon had Tim. I always assumed for most readers my age (late 30's) Tim would be the default Robin though. I would love to see Tim move past being Robin (that's why I didn't mind Drake so much) because he is an awesome character and deserves to have his own identity past Robin like Nightwing does.

Damian has been Robin in their recent series of animated movies too.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1300845315403243521

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Damian has been Robin in their recent series of animated movies too.
He was the Robin in the Harley Quinn animated series, too.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

Hopefully they’re not doing anything too stupid with Damian.

:unsmith: I remember when I was young and full of hope too...

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I actually just got the last Morrison Batman omnibus last week, and that’s really all I need as far as Damian goes. I’m glad they brought him back, but I’d have been fine if that was his whole story.

Anyone been reading Teen Titans? I honestly forgot it being a thing at the same time there is a Young Justice book.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Between having a dark multiverse of Batmen and there being three Jokers, I think DC should just cut out the middleman and jump straight to making a comic where everyone on earth is either a Batman or a Joker.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I actually just got the last Morrison Batman omnibus last week, and that’s really all I need as far as Damian goes. I’m glad they brought him back, but I’d have been fine if that was his whole story.

Anyone been reading Teen Titans? I honestly forgot it being a thing at the same time there is a Young Justice book.

There was a solo Damian ongoing which was okay and gives him a new pet. And Super Sons is really good given that Jon and Damian contrast just as much, if not more than their respective dads so they bounce off each other really well in a way that I missed from previous Batman/Superman issues.

the current Teen Titans run is not great and not much more than meh. Idk when the last good Teen Titans run was either.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
A town where everyone is secretly a big city hero/villain could be pretty fun for a while. Batmans and jokers galore!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

Between having a dark multiverse of Batmen and there being three Jokers, I think DC should just cut out the middleman and jump straight to making a comic where everyone on earth is either a Batman or a Joker.

:ssh: Don't give Snyder any ideas!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

A town where everyone is secretly a big city hero/villain could be pretty fun for a while. Batmans and jokers galore!

Isn't that just Astro City?

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Teen Titans has been pretty average for a while now, but it's being cancelled with the last issue hitting in November. It looks to be setting up a new status quo for Damian on it's way out.

I've enjoyed Young Justice, but sadly that is also coming to an end in November.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

There was a solo Damian ongoing which was okay and gives him a new pet. And Super Sons is really good given that Jon and Damian contrast just as much, if not more than their respective dads so they bounce off each other really well in a way that I missed from previous Batman/Superman issues.

the current Teen Titans run is not great and not much more than meh. Idk when the last good Teen Titans run was either.

The worst thing Bendis has done at DC is making sure Super Sons can never happen again. The first run especially made me love Jon as a character, he really sold that he is just a normal kid. I thought he got aged up because Bendis wanted to use Connor but couldn't, but then he did that too so...

Definitely took what I thought was a great new character and made them yet another older teen hero who will inevitably be consigned to a forgettable Teen Titans run for eternity, at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Argue posted:

So you want Gotham City Impostors?

Which is to say you want a licensed remake of MAD's Spy vs. Spy.