Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Kalli posted:

The injury was immediately after the 10-81 game, his 2nd with the Pats, at which point he was a corpse, yeah.

oh hah, didn't realize, figured it was once he stopped playing in games, not that he played on his busted ankle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Huh. Cool I guess.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Boring

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1301330053049929729?s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sourdough posted:

oh hah, didn't realize, figured it was once he stopped playing in games, not that he played on his busted ankle

Yeah, it was one of those, well that's a high ankle sprain, and then he... missed one game and just looked sad out there.

Which is how every Pats WR looked over the last two months, just... lame.

Kinda curious to see if the absolute burying he's received over the last few days was even a little real or not.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs had like $4 in cap space. Again, the cap is a myth.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Hey is this the Buccs' GM?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the bucs and saints are both existing in a world where there is no next season

the saints have been doing it for about eight years

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Saints paid Taysom Hill because he plays eighteen positions and he will be the only player the team can afford next year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

the bucs and saints are both existing in a world where there is no next season

the saints have been doing it for about eight years

Bucs have a projected $55m in cap space next year, the Saints have -$39m. Lol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yeah it helps they're getting the under the table money from tom brady to help sign free agents

brees obviously never learned this because he's too busy squeezing jimmy john's delivery bikers for their tips

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

FizFashizzle posted:

brees obviously never learned this because he's too busy squeezing jimmy john's delivery bikers for their tips

what a novel method of circumcision

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'ma laugh when the bucks end up dream teaming themselved to 5-11.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
2020 will be redeemed by Tom Br*dy being sacked so hard he shits himself on live TV.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

Must be nice being a marginal player on the Vikings and knowing this smirking guaranteed money dipshit is putting your health and payday at risk. Very cool!

quote:

On the podcast, Cousins said that for him, wearing a mask "is really about being respectful to other people," an approach he doubled down on during his press conference.

"That's what it's all about, right?" he said. "That was what I was trying to say in July is that I want to be very respectful and considerate of everyone else. It's a great opportunity to show that every day with the way you wash your hands consistently and wear a mask and are respectful of other people."

It doesn’t include the rest of the interview where he says wearing masks is important and a sign of respect for others.

I wish he could win a prime time game ever but like “I don’t believe this is a personal risk to me but I will do all I can to prevent it being a risk to others” is a pretty spot on take

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Yeah if all the anti-mask dipshits who are like "I am convinced this isn't really helping" took the same approach as Cousins we'd all be a lot better off in fairness

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/titans/status/1301499277215137792?s=21

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So Titans is the new Patriots South?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is Mehta who I vaguely remember is there to be antagonistic more than report, but I choose to 100% believe the second thing here.

31 NFL teams have figured out how to get players and coaches meeting in person. The Jets haven’t bothered

quote:

1) Ownership did not want to spend the necessary amount of money to create an environment that would adhere to Environmental Protection Agency recommendations for proper ventilation, and

2) Gase’s reluctance to push back since he has a general preference to limit face-to-face interactions with players.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Manish was stripped of his press credentials to cover the team by the NFL for (allegedly, but it was definitely him) creating a fake Adam Gase burner Twitter account, which he used to help write clickbait.

Also, Clowney is between Seahawks and Titans.
https://twitter.com/joerexrode/status/1301521756029681664

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Manish was stripped of his press credentials to cover the team by the NFL for (allegedly, but it was definitely him) creating a fake Adam Gase burner Twitter account, which he used to help write clickbait.

Was this actually confirmed?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

By me? No.

Nov 6, 2002

I mean that's just speculation then? The burner account thing was last year. Seems strange it would take that long for them to decide to revoke his credentials.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Manish is a strange character because he's about as big of a hack as you can find in the NFL and at the same time his animosity for the Jets as an organization is totally justified.

No but the "burner" was literally tweeting out Mehta articles and then quickly deleting them so you do the math.

I imagine the credentials got stripped because he's just an unprofessional idiot, not specifically because of the burner. He regularly posts articles without any sourcing whatsoever (e.g. "the Jets are about to sign Logan Ryan") and is generally just a bomb thrower. The Jets beat also apparently hates him because he routinely posts hit pieces about coaches, front office people, etc., and then doesn't show up to pressers to talk to them in person. Even if he's right about people like Gase, it's sort of a principle thing that rubs everyone the wrong way. Also sort of ironic he's going at Gase for the same thing tbh.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 3, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Who was the Dolphins reporter we used to make fun of? He still out there dropping nuclear takes?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chinatown posted:

2020 will be redeemed by Tom Br*dy being sacked so hard he shits himself on live TV.

No matter how bad 2020 gets we can't forget that it started with Tom Brady throwing a pick six in his last play as a New England Patriot

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Grittybeard posted:

Who was the Dolphins reporter we used to make fun of? He still out there dropping nuclear takes?

Armando Salgeuro? Currently being shat on for a hot take about 3/5ths?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Omar Kelly

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I miss incredibly stupid Omar takes.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Manish writing a hit piece about the Jets not holding in-person player/coach meetings during the height of a pandemic within a severely affected state is disingenuous at best.

It good that they chose to do this remotely. That's safe. Literally buying out a hotel to maintain a training camp bubble of sorts is safe(r). I think one of the major lessons of the last 6 months is why the gently caress do people need to sit across the table to talk about the same poo poo they can say over Zoom?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I can't believe it

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1301543141368102915

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Grittybeard posted:

Mostly weird attempts at gate-keeping on who is good or not in camp because access is so restricted.

He sort of infamously years ago mixed up a guy saying he was more of a 3-technique and turned around and said he was a 3-gap player, to sort of put that in perspective.

Nov 6, 2002

What is the actual consequences of having his credentials removed? He just can't go to NFL press events?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1301537614768504833?s=19

Not a surprise but nice to see with Dorsett banged up. Of course deep threats only matter if Russ can stay upright.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ROSEN ALERT
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1301544787166867456

What is the actual consequences of having his credentials removed? He just can't go to NFL press events?
Pretty much. He still reports on the team for Daily News but he's not in attendance at the facilities or on their Zoom sessions with coaches/players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The CB situation is basically the exact same one that got them to the Super Bowl chill out my sports update

Edit
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1301548096770301953?s=19

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 3, 2020

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Can't wait to see the next suboptimal situation he gets shoehorned into!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I think it was a pretty good gamble for them to take, but ultimately they're going to take a loss on this one unfortunately.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Rectal Placenta posted:

Can't wait to see the next suboptimal situation he gets shoehorned into!

What would be the funniest place for him to end up? New England? Chicago? Another face for the Browns hydra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

fartknocker posted:

What would be the funniest place for him to end up? New England? Chicago? Another face for the Browns hydra?

I'm feeling somewhere in the NFC east maybe for max hilarity?