Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mary Annette posted:

Did someone say "modeling clay slapped over the a Funko Pop"?!?

ORIGINAL MANUFACTURING PROCESS DO NOT STEAL

Couldn't you just paint an existing Sonic Funko?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skwirl posted:

Couldn't you just paint an existing Sonic Funko?

To be fair, that looks like something some dorky kid was real excited to make and I hope they really enjoyed it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Toshimo posted:

To be fair, that looks like something some dorky kid was real excited to make and I hope they really enjoyed it.

Look at the bottom of the box.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Anyone know all the characters this is based on? I only recognize half of Edward from FMA’s coat and metal arm(though I’m not sure why he’s holding a gun) and Broly’s sash.

EDIT: - The scythe is from his RWBY character.
- The patch seems to be from Ben10 but it’s the wrong colour
- I guess the right half of the outfit is probably from Ouran High School Host Club.
- The hat might be Sabo, but that means the goggles are a different reference.
- Not sure if the shoes are representing anyone.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 31, 2020

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think the green midriff thing is from Broly?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The Scythe is Qrow from RWBY. Red half is Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist. Metal hand manifesting a pole is also Edward I believe. Blue half is probably Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club. The patch is Junpei Iori from Persona 3. Top Hat is Sabo from One Piece. (He has goggles too, but these are different, so Idk). Green midriff is Broly from Dragonball. No clue about the shoes or if the legs or the black mid section are a reference.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Mary Annette posted:

Did someone say "modeling clay slapped over the a Funko Pop"?!?

ORIGINAL MANUFACTURING PROCESS DO NOT STEAL

Good for her. I’ll take a Sonichu over anything PoS Vic is attached to any day.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Julias posted:

The Scythe is Qrow from RWBY. Red half is Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist. Metal hand manifesting a pole is also Edward I believe. Blue half is probably Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club. The patch is Junpei Iori from Persona 3. Top Hat is Sabo from One Piece. (He has goggles too, but these are different, so Idk). Green midriff is Broly from Dragonball. No clue about the shoes or if the legs or the black mid section are a reference.

I just looked up Qrow and Sabo on one of those collector sites for Funko Pops, and it doesn't seem they made figures from either of those two characters. The way custom makers usually work is they take heads and bodies from other figures and start from there. So I bet that scythe and that top hat are from some other characters entirely, Frankenstein'ed together.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
it looks like poo poo OP

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/predederva/status/1299867229614415873

https://twitter.com/predederva/status/1299880339733721088

reaching dangerous levels of Not Mad

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man, it was one thing when it was Vic’s rabid stans calling the umpteen people that all came forward to collaborate the fact that he was a serial rapist (before he even became a voice actor!) but now it’s just really obvious that some people really hate women. :(

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

That stupid Unlocked app is still platforming him and I'm glad I stopped using it. Most of the VAs on there switched to Twitch anyway.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Who is this guy and should we care?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fangz posted:

Who is this guy and should we care?

An online anime reviewer, and no.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I think the scythe in Vic’s terrible Frankenstein is actually from Soul Eater where he plays Death Scythe. Death Scythe being the lead character’s dad who was dumped by his wife for being a terrible woman chaser and just in general being one of those horndog anime characters who often drag down a show.

It was the part he was born to play, baby.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wasn’t Spirit’s scythe form just a bladeless stick, though? Been forever since I watched SE, admittedly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dawgstar posted:

I think the scythe in Vic’s terrible Frankenstein is actually from Soul Eater where he plays Death Scythe. Death Scythe being the lead character’s dad who was dumped by his wife for being a terrible woman chaser and just in general being one of those horndog anime characters who often drag down a show.

It was the part he was born to play, baby.

Nope it’s the RWBY character.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It looks moot anyway. Sad trombone.

https://twitter.com/_sephiross/status/1300598338048454665

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Making that turd and then getting sued by Funko over it would be an incredible self own.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Nothing like getting BTFO in court, only to set yourself up to be sued by a giant toy company with a seriously capable licensing division that's likely loaded with legal talent.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I would have one hell of a laugh if those soulless things are what deal the finishing blow to him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FOR THE FANS

https://twitter.com/rekietamedia/status/1301016099115462658

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Pretty sure it's closer to dozens of fans at this point.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

David D. Davidson posted:

Pretty sure it's closer to dozens of fans at this point.

You're forgetting each Vic fan has at least 2 dozen sockpuppet accounts to pledge support too!

Reminder that that is Rekieta's alt, the "lawyer" who set up the GoFundMe for Vic. He's trying to stir the pot for more grift bux.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ilneigeYT/status/1301016276991488000

Yeah, it was literally just a prototype Vic wanted to pitch to Funko lol

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Nick will probably start a GFM for this, and the Vic fans wont even ask questions when absolutely nothing happens and the funds get funneled to Ty Beard’s bank account for “ongoing legal negotiation fees”

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
somehow someone crafted something even more disgusting than a regular funkopop

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lmao gross. Like I know Funkopops get rightfully grilled for being absolutely low-effort memorabilia, but that's a "chingame-la-vista" trinket if I ever saw one.

Dark477
Oct 15, 2018
https://mobile.twitter.com/Original...238858151940096

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's a nice polite way to say "we don't want anything to do with that guy and won't even consider it".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Random thought that just crossed my mind: if they ever did anything in the future with FMA (though I doubt it, since it’s a completed story), who would they recast Ed with? I know Johnny Yong Bosch replaced him as Broly, but... I dunno if he could really do a “close enough” impression of Ed.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Bryce would be a pretty good fit for him.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Xander Mobius has got his voice profile down pat.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Funko only makes the best products, not trash for pedos.

https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/1305509219853049856

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Did KC Green do something or are you using that word a bit loosely?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Toshimo posted:

Funko only makes the best products, not trash for pedos.

https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/1305509219853049856

ugh, way to take all the character out of the design and leave it a soulless husk

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

At last, a Funko that demands you do the right thing with it and throw it in the fire.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

IUG posted:

Did KC Green do something or are you using that word a bit loosely?

The joke is that they wouldn't do a Vic statuette and that KC is the quality option, I thought.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

ugh, way to take all the character out of the design and leave it a soulless husk

Imagine :capitalism: but it’s “Funko”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

That's practically all Funkos