Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Free Tom Clancy's The Division on uplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Twitch Prime Prime Gaming just dropped these in the laps of Amazon Prime subs:
Pumped BMX Pro
Effie
Outcast: Second Contact
Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops
Autonauts

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Also Far Cry 3!

Apparently the game has a L4D coop mode and a COD style PVP mode too, who knew.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I had to go looking for that, apparently the giveaway is only intended for China but anyone can get it by jumping through a few hoops

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1300804604704161792?s=19

Zushio
May 8, 2008
The Far Cry 3 Co-Op mode is okay. It plays almost nothing like like the main game and is a side story featuring new characters.

Its... fine. My brother and I played it a few years ago and we were disappointed overall. I remember there being some extremely frustratingly moments with only two people, its probably better with 3 or 4.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 3, 2020

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

repiv posted:

I had to go looking for that, apparently the giveaway is only intended for China but anyone can get it by jumping through a few hoops

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1300804604704161792?s=19

This apparently has to be done specifically in a mobile browser. I tried it in an incognito tab and it didn't work. Good news is, as I discovered in one of the replies, you can switch to a mobile version with CTRL+SHIFT+I on Chrome or CTRL+SHIFT+M on Firefox which does work.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zushio posted:

The Far Cry 3 Co-Op mode is okay. It plays almost nothing like like the main game and is a side story featuring new characters.

Its... fine. My brother and I played it a few years ago and we were disappointed overall. I remember there being some extremely frustratingly moments with only two people, its probably better with 3 or 4.

it's very solid with 4 people, though there's a lot of stuff in there that cribs off mobile design (like decoding encrypted media that then turns into power ups and poo poo) that is so hysterically out of place it seems like a parody.

callum's rants are definitely parody and it's good parody at that

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Into the Breach is free (again) on EGS this week

Next week is Railway Empire and Where The Water Tastes Like Wine

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm throwing a big crying fit that I already got that game for free.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
can you even check your uplay library without downloading the client?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
couldn't find it via epic's search function, but the lilith dlc for BL2 is free there till october 2nd (it was free on steam for a few weeks after it launched)

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/borderlands-2/commander-lilith

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

repiv posted:

Just want to say that this is an A+ game. Bite sized tactical RPG where runs are like an hour long, with loads of pilots, mechs and upgrades to mess around with. Also using giant mechs to judo throw aliens is super cool.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The soundtrack is also a fuckin banger and nobody talks about that

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

elf help book posted:

I'm throwing a big crying fit that I already got that game for free.

I paid full price for it, and I regret nothing. Into the Breach is a fantastic game and really satisfying.

Farquar fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 3, 2020

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Farquar posted:

I paid full price for it, and I regret nothing. Into the Breach is a fantastic game and really satisfying.

:yeah:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Rinkles posted:

can you even check your uplay library without downloading the client?

No but you could potentially use GoG Galaxy 2 instead.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

repiv posted:

Thought so, I somehow already had it so I figured this was the reason.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

repiv posted:

Next week is Railway Empire and Where The Water Tastes Like Wine

I didn't get it the first time around, I missed some of the earlier ones

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

~Coxy posted:

No but you could potentially use GoG Galaxy 2 instead.

That will give you just an index ( Which they want I guess ), but it still requires Uplay running to launch anything =\

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Vostok Inc. has been bodily hurled, kicking and screaming, at Prime Gaming users.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Twitch Prime/Prime Gaming/That Addon To Your Amazon Sub That You Ignore Just Like Their Music Thing That Has Like Six Songs On It just dropped a pile of SNK goodies on people, as it is occasionally inclined to do:

The Last Blade 2
Metal Slug 3
Samurai Shodown V Special
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
The King of Fighters '97 Global Match
Shock Troopers
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition
Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Is that all in the twitch launcher?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Is that all in the twitch launcher?
Yeah. If you're still using the Twitch Launcher though, the new Amazon Games launcher they put out seems quite a bit less clunky. It doesn't share installs with the Twitch Launcher though, so you'd have to do the uninstall/reinstall shuffle with your games, so it might not be worth it if you're actively playing a bunch of your Prime bounty.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
GoG Galaxy 2 also has a twitch integration, although I should check that it works with Prime Gaming.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
There's a Twitch plugin that reads from the twitch app, and there's an Amazon plugin that reads from the Amazon app. Both plugins need their respective app installed to read the game list from, but you can use whichever you prefer, you don't need both. If you add games from your browser and they don't show up in GOG, start up whichever app you're using and it should update.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Railway Empire and Where The Water Tastes Like Wine are free on EGS this week

Next week is Stick It To The Man

i've never heard of any of these games are they good

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

repiv posted:

Railway Empire and Where The Water Tastes Like Wine are free on EGS this week

Next week is Stick It To The Man

i've never heard of any of these games are they good

where the water tastes like wine has some fantastic writing; stick it to the man ends up being a little like a 2d psychonauts and I enjoyed it and its semi-sequel flipping death

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Where The Water Tastes Like Wine is good writing marred by bad gameplay, Railway Empire is marred by OpenTTD being a better game, how did they manage to make the UI for building tracks even more frustrating? You can ride the old timey engines and see the scenery in first person in Railway Empire, so that's something to check out if you're interested.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is a masterclass in wasting a really cool premise with a bunch of tedious padding.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
iirc they went back and smoothed out a lot of the gameplay, but I didn't mind too much when I played and didn't go back after the update (since I'd already gone through the stories and I don't think they added more)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

flatluigi posted:

iirc they went back and smoothed out a lot of the gameplay, but I didn't mind too much when I played and didn't go back after the update (since I'd already gone through the stories and I don't think they added more)

They did not really, the game is still pretty miserable to play and you can seriously gently caress yourself on the first couple of character arcs by attempting them too early, when you do not have enough stories of sufficient breadth and power to satisfy them.

If you can get past the hurdles it’s a great game, but the first 25% of the game is a minefield and the latter half of it is a slog of doing what you’ve already done. Everything hits on all cylinders in the second act of the game but it is over altogether too fast.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Kins posted:

Twitch Prime/Prime Gaming/That Addon To Your Amazon Sub That You Ignore Just Like Their Music Thing That Has Like Six Songs On It just dropped a pile of SNK goodies on people, as it is occasionally inclined to do:

The Last Blade 2
Metal Slug 3
Samurai Shodown V Special
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
The King of Fighters '97 Global Match
Shock Troopers
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition
Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Is the online for these games crossplay with Steam versions or are they on their own island?

Also, free Origin code for Rocket Arena on Prime Gaming:

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/rocketarena?ingress=twch&ref_=SM_RAOC_P1_CRWN

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 11, 2020

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

FanaticalMilk posted:

Is the online for these games crossplay with Steam versions or are they on their own island?

Also, free Origin code for Rocket Arena on Prime Gaming:

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/rocketarena?ingress=twch&ref_=SM_RAOC_P1_CRWN

I claimed this, thank you! I've been interested in this game after seeing it a little while back.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Despite Where the Water Tastes Like Wine tripping and Railway Empire being a bad game, they're a great price at the moment.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Note free, but if anyone is looking for a good train game, I've been looking Machinsky. Not played it in maybe 6 months, so not sure how the early access is coming along to be fair.

Just thought I'd briefly mention since railway empire is bad.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Remedy's humble first title, Death Rally, is now on Steam for free forever to celebrate the studio's 25th anniversary. It had previously been made free on Remedy's forums in 2009, but that version hasn't been available for a long time... until now.

Bonus: It's a native Windows port, not a DOSbox emulation!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It has definitely been on Steam before. But I didn't know they also sold the remake from a couple years ago though. I remember enjoying that on mobile, although it was not as good as this classic version.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

The Kins posted:

Remedy's humble first title, Death Rally, is now on Steam for free forever to celebrate the studio's 25th anniversary. It had previously been made free on Remedy's forums in 2009, but that version hasn't been available for a long time... until now.

Bonus: It's a native Windows port, not a DOSbox emulation!

Still have the physical copy I bought many years ago. This is a welcome way to be able to play the game again.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Q.U.B.E. 2 got added to Prime Gaming today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Desert Law & To Ash are 2 new Indiegala Freebies.

Also, another Hentai puzzle game, but this time I noticed before linking in the thread.