Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Glad I drafted RoJo in the 8th :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It seems like Tampa Bay’s backfield has been a mess forever

Well I’ve only been playing fantasy for six years

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

10 minutes after I drafted Jones the Fournette news popped up. It doesn't even make sense for the team. I think they did it to mess with me.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

Glad I drafted RoJo in the 8th :(

That still seems fine? Who knows how they're going to use him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just finished my first draft in a 1 PPR league, honestly i actually like this team, but that'll probably change once my 2 starting RB's die/suck by week 3. I did good targeting high upside and handcuffs just in case that happens. Went heavy on WR's and kept getting sniped on TE picks but whatever guess it's streaming TE season again. Was the last team to grab a QB (Mr Unlimited got sniped one turn before my pick, damnit) and ended up with Rodgers.

12 team 1 PPR i drafted 10th

QB/2RB/2WR/TE/WRT/K/DEF

QB: Rodgers
WR: Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Robert Woods, AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Brandon Aiyuk
RB: Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Kareem Hunt, JK Dobbins, Duke Johnson, Chris Thompson
TE: Goedert
K:
DEF: Buffalo

There's still a bunch of WR upside on the waiver wire also with Raegor and Parris Cambell

over/under how many games my starting RB's make before they're both on my bench/IR is 3

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 3, 2020

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Gearman posted:

That still seems fine? Who knows how they're going to use him.

Yeah, I used the wrong smiley.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

VietCampo posted:

Just finished my first draft in a 1 PPR league, honestly i actually like this team, but that'll probably change once my 2 starting RB's die/suck by week 3. I did good targeting high upside and handcuffs just in case that happens. Went heavy on WR's and kept getting sniped on TE picks but whatever guess it's streaming TE season again. Was the last team to grab a QB (Mr Unlimited got sniped one turn before my pick, damnit) and ended up with Rodgers.

12 team 1 PPR i drafted 10th

QB/2RB/2WR/TE/WRT/K/DEF

QB: Rodgers
WR: Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Robert Woods, AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Brandon Aiyuk
RB: Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Kareem Hunt, JK Dobbins, Duke Johnson, Chris Thompson
TE: Goedert
K:
DEF: Buffalo

There's still a bunch of WR upside on the waiver wire also with Raegor and Parris Cambell

over/under how many games my starting RB's make before they're both on my bench/IR is 3

Great WRs. I think Hunt is going to have a good year but might want to look at waivers for some RB help

I’d be surprised if Rodgers is any better this year that he was last year tho

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I personally think there's a decent chance Dobbins is your starter before too long but I'm a Dobbins Truther

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

I personally think there's a decent chance Dobbins is your starter before too long but I'm a Dobbins Truther

kiimo infatuated with a young, unproven power running rookie RB? well I never

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

what else do you think fantasy is for? Stake your claim on who is going to rule and who is going to suck.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Fantasy is great for making you hate a guy forever who has nothing to do with your actual favorite team

Doug Martin you fucker :argh:

Edit: :blastu:2018 Le’Veon Bell

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 3, 2020

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rest In Piss, Kordell Stewart

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

This is the kiss of death for rookie RBs in good situations

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
drat, was hoping for another day or two before Fournette landed somewhere. Someone foolishly dropped him and was hoping to quietly swoop him up off waivers, now it will definitely cost some FAAB.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A guy in my keeper league is bitching and moaning because he doesnt like a rule that he misunderstood. Football is BACK

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Just give up on all your sleepers

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1301496235166240768?s=19

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

shirts and skins posted:

Just give up on all our sleepers Patriots running backs

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1301496235166240768?s=19

I fixed it for you

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

N'Keal Harry is my bae

We can still make a deal for him in Goon Fantasies Dynasty League...

My first and only redraft league this season drafts this Saturday. Superflex, .5 PPR, $200 auction budget.

I typically pre-plan for a few roster build strategies going into the draft, then adjust on the fly as the auction economy starts to fall into place.

This year, my preferred build is this:

Hoping to grab two mid-to-late first round RBs, stock up on the Chark/Lockett middle tier of WRs, go lateish round QB/TE, and fill my bench with cheap upside rookie/young WRs, zero RB build players, and a third QB for Superflex.

I look forward to everything going sideways early and often!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

“Bruce Arians says "RoJo is our guy"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How much salary out of a $250 cap is Fournette worth now? I have $12 in cap space, not sure if it’s worth trying to free up some more to outbid someone for him.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
If they keep Rojo, McCoy, fournette, and Vaughn on the roster it's going to be hard to predict fantasy relevance for very long during this year. If they cut McCoy and it's more clear but it's still going to be a split. I would still be wary of fournette. So I wouldn't bother reworking your cap unless you really need a rb.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fournette is the best back on that team now, I’d be surprised if he didn’t win the job early on.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RCarr posted:

How much salary out of a $250 cap is Fournette worth now? I have $12 in cap space, not sure if it’s worth trying to free up some more to outbid someone for him.

"how much do you think it would cost to stick my hand in this hornets nest? I have $12 but I'm not sure if that's enough"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

"how much do you think it would cost to stick my hand in this hornets nest? I have $12 but I'm not sure if that's enough"

I mean if he sucks i just cut him. I’m not losing anything. It’s a better lotto ticket than anyone else you’re finding on waivers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

“Bruce Arians says "RoJo is our guy"

Well he's not going to say "RoJo sucks rear end and that's why we got Fournette".

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/pupadhyaya_/status/1301544819731451904

dynasty leaguers, get ready for careers to get even shorter

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I hate having a stake in the Buccs backfield.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I just wouldn't drop anyone else who is a high upside flier for fournette. He isn't worthless but his upside is limited by all the other backs. So I'd rather keep some boom or bust guys on your roster over him. By all means take a shot, but I wouldn't give up on a different shot for him if that makes sense.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Artonos posted:

I just wouldn't drop anyone else who is a high upside flier for fournette. He isn't worthless but his upside is limited by all the other backs. So I'd rather keep some boom or bust guys on your roster over him. By all means take a shot, but I wouldn't give up on a different shot for him if that makes sense.

Whew, was just about to cut Darwin Thompson....

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You should hold on to him. He might make the 53 maybe!

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I kind of assumed that if fournette is on waivers it isn't a very deep league. That might have been the wrong assumption.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Artonos posted:

I kind of assumed that if fournette is on waivers it isn't a very deep league. That might have been the wrong assumption.

It’s a 25 man dynasty league with a $250 salary cap. The owner who dropped him, had him for $27.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I'll put my cards on the table I didn't really think through the sequence of how things would work in a salary cap dynasty league. Yeah he's probably worth something then.

I just started playing in a dynasty league this year. And between corona limiting other hobbies and the dynasty league I've dove a bit deeper into fantasy football, but before this year I only ever had done redraft stuff.

I'm probably the last person who should be commentating on dynasty roster management since I can barely figure out how I want to play my own team.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

It’s a 25 man dynasty league with a $250 salary cap. The owner who dropped him, had him for $27.

I would have no idea what to bid on him. I could see a few owners in any given league getting really hyped and bidding more than his previous salary. Which I don't think you should do, ha. But he's surely worth at least like a low RB2 price, on the off chance he does great and signs a new deal.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2907487-fantasy-alert-lesean-mccoy-to-have-integral-role-alongside-leonard-fournette

It's like they signed Fournette and instantly started a disinformation campaign

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is there a knock on Chris Carson I'm unfamiliar with? I don't understand why he's not in the Mikes Sanders/Kenyan Drake type tier.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fsif posted:

Is there a knock on Chris Carson I'm unfamiliar with? I don't understand why he's not in the Mikes Sanders/Kenyan Drake type tier.

Doesn't catch passes, though he shed that a bit last year

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Arians also says TEs catch in his offense.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

fsif posted:

Injury history, fumbling issues, and isn’t used much in the passing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

fsif posted:

What the other said, plus that the team used a first rounder on Penny despite Carson being with the team. He's never been healthy for a full season.