Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Ulvino posted:

Mindfucker Kelpolt:
Reorder your opponent's deck from highest Cost card to lowest Cost card.

Hire me Blizz.

1 mana cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Too much work to happen but a co-op brawl with special reverse cards could be fun. Polket or secret passage your partner's deck. Shuffle in a healing bomb.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I guess I'm top 100 but since I got it from early climbing I dunno how much that counts

Also I'm pretty convinced now that Pure Pally wants to run Bronze Explorer, I can track quite a lot of my wins back to that card.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ulvino posted:

Mindfucker Kelpolt:
Reorder your opponent's deck from highest Cost card to lowest Cost card.

Hire me Blizz.

I mean sure if you want the meta to be literally 100% aggro

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

I mean sure if you want the meta to be literally 100% aggro

:unsmigghh:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

This whole isolation thing and a dumb brawl does terrible things to people.

(Was not as bad as it looks, it was basically either slamming down 4-6 Snowfury Giants or Fliking away the opponents' win condition while browsing the forums or watching videos.)

Aaod
May 29, 2004

blizzardvizard posted:

I guess I'm top 100 but since I got it from early climbing I dunno how much that counts

Also I'm pretty convinced now that Pure Pally wants to run Bronze Explorer, I can track quite a lot of my wins back to that card.

What did you remove to fit it in?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you actually play that Soul DH deck? I like the idea of it but I can't win at all.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Aaod posted:

What did you remove to fit it in?

Goody Two-Shields. Yeah, really.

IMO Goody would be fantastic 3-drop in a meta that cares more about minion combat, but most of the popular decks either have removals up the rear end or try to burst you down, that she isn't as cost-efficient as she is supposed to be. Rogue, Warrior, and Mage can deal with her so easily that she becomes a glorified Minibot. Meanwhile Bronze Explorer provides chip healing versus Rogue and other aggro decks, and many Dragon Discovers (eg. Amber Watcher, Crimson Hothead, Nozari) can help you stabilize. It also helps you outlast Warrior, Mage, and Priest removals. It's worse against Zoolock and also Demon Hunter somewhat, but overall, I think I'll take that tradeoff.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

How do you actually play that Soul DH deck? I like the idea of it but I can't win at all.

Play heavy board control in the early turns and try to line up your hand so that you play Marrowslicer on 4, then either Glaivebound or Lapidary on 5. This is typically the point in the game where you should switch to beatdown and try to close the game out. Don't be afraid to take some face damage because the deck has lots of healing. You can afford to delay AOE by a turn to get more value.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
As a demon hunter setting up for the classic combo of weapon into lapidary. Is it more annoying to get frost bolted in the face on your turn 4 or on your turn 5?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

KirbyKhan posted:

As a demon hunter setting up for the classic combo of weapon into lapidary. Is it more annoying to get frost bolted in the face on your turn 4 or on your turn 5?

Of the two, turn 5 because it has more swingy breakpoints with Blade Dance.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

blizzardvizard posted:

Goody Two-Shields. Yeah, really.

IMO Goody would be fantastic 3-drop in a meta that cares more about minion combat, but most of the popular decks either have removals up the rear end or try to burst you down, that she isn't as cost-efficient as she is supposed to be. Rogue, Warrior, and Mage can deal with her so easily that she becomes a glorified Minibot. Meanwhile Bronze Explorer provides chip healing versus Rogue and other aggro decks, and many Dragon Discovers (eg. Amber Watcher, Crimson Hothead, Nozari) can help you stabilize. It also helps you outlast Warrior, Mage, and Priest removals. It's worse against Zoolock and also Demon Hunter somewhat, but overall, I think I'll take that tradeoff.

I thought I was crazy for thinking it was good two-shields but I wasn't sure what else it would be. Goody is awesome on paper, but it just doesn't work in the current meta.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnacondaHL posted:

Of the two, turn 5 because it has more swingy breakpoints with Blade Dance.

Thank

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
So as a Gala Priest am I just expected to lose hard to Bomb Warrior? I never seem to be able to do anything to them.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
a moment of silence for my big warrior opponent who, upon reaching 10 mana and with Vargoth in play from the previous turn, immediately slams down Dimensional Ripper and gets...... nothing

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
I hate tortollan mage because it is neither fun to play as or play against. I'm glad win rates aren't great but it just sucks when it works.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Chin Strap posted:

So as a Gala Priest am I just expected to lose hard to Bomb Warrior? I never seem to be able to do anything to them.

Yes, it's unfavored. Either you rush them down, or play this dragged out long game keeping 10 cards in hand via Galakrond's hero power and burning bombs as you fatigue them.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

AnacondaHL posted:

Yes, it's unfavored. Either you rush them down, or play this dragged out long game keeping 10 cards in hand via Galakrond's hero power and burning bombs as you fatigue them.

The 10 cards thing is something I never thought about. That makes a ton of sense. Thanks

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

man that hunter polkelt deck posted earlier has just been winning me games like crazy, even if i don't draw him the entire match.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23509390

patch next week.

- group queue for battlegrounds (if less than five players in group, will queue with randoms; if five or more, will generate a private battlegrounds "room")

- three new bg heroes added, and micro mummy. pack leader nerfed

- secret passage, cabal acolyte and darkglare nerfed. totem goliath buffed, archwitch willow slightly buffed i guess

- solo adventure coming the 15th

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Holy loving poo poo

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Lmao that battlegrounds basically gets tournament mode first. But also I am excited to queue with friends!

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Kinda bullshit that Willow isn't eligible for a refund when the change is comparable to dark glare. I basically want rid of Willow cos it's crap.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Goons Are Great posted:

Holy loving poo poo
https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1301570866619314184?s=19
:captainpop:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Eat poo poo rogues and priests, RIP insane darkglare turns, lmao 50 packs 1k dust/gold and 3 golden legendaries

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Lord Barov is basically just gambling akin to sports betting lmao

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
Is the priest change really that big? 4 health instead of 6 is a bit of a hit but not much.

Now the Darkglare hit is big.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Anyone heard if the Brawl will be Wild? If so, you Wild players will be in for a treat. I have no Wild cards left that matter, so guess I'll have to pass if it is going to be for Wild cards.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Its me, I will put $10 on my unoptimized no-minion mage deck in this brawl. I will highroll my way into 12 wins crushing the dreams of hsreplay stats nerds with THE HEART OF THE CARDS.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's actually shocking how many people bring bad decks to those events. I entered once and only started facing real decks at 5 wins or so.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

No Wave posted:

It's actually shocking how many people bring bad decks to those events. I entered once and only started facing real decks at 5 wins or so.

I forget, do they usually give you a free first run?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I don't remember the last THUNDERDOMES having a free run, nah, gotta pay up.

I do like how you don't break even until 6 or 7 wins. But gently caress it I made play the first time last month and I know I'll go 12-0 off the back of 3 Mana Apexis Blast and 3 copies of Evocation.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
That Darkglare change might not be too bad for Suicide Warlock because you usually have so many ways of damaging yourself that you don't even need all the mana it generates. And with the card costing 1 less it's still pretty useful. I think.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

Nobody can stop me from playing Big Warrior.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Barov seems wild, considering you can hold onto the gold for a burst turn. Early game it's pretty easy to tell who wins, and you can maybe guarantee it anyway by playing a poo poo build lol.

Nice to have Jandice as a new addition to the able-to-use-pogos club.

Omu, meh, but probably decent. I'm not a huge fan of the on-level-up hero powers.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every game I play aggro rogue I get matched into a face hunter, is there any way to win that matchup other than sheer luck? Eesh.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Acerbatus posted:

Nobody can stop me from playing Big Warrior.

BROTHER!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Acerbatus posted:

Every game I play aggro rogue I get matched into a face hunter, is there any way to win that matchup other than sheer luck? Eesh.

Every time I play face hunter I get matched into aggro rogue, is there any way to win that matchup other than sheer luck? Eesh.

Foreal, I don't know how to play that matchup, like should I fight for board or just go face harder. If rogue can get their card draw rolling when I run out of gas I'm out. If I can get my explosive trap down somehow on turn 2 or 4 I feel great, then rogue reloads with secret passage and I die. It feels like rogue has like 4 more resources than I will ever get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Big money tavern brawl sucks gimme my free weekly pack. This whole event is a bunch of stuff on sale and not actually given other than the err 1 mage pack with the Jaina content