Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

it's not hard, you just have to be all for the super bad stuff but be decorous about it. Not one inch of actual progress but definitely SAY you're making progress so they can feel like the good guys. If anything Trump has made this way easier to pull off by lower the bar of what would be considered speaking and behaving respectably. Somebody like Haley in 2024 doesn't just unite the suburbanites and loonies, she also brings in the idpol indies that so far vote Dem mostly

Wow that sounds just like joe biden, what a coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1301618199931256834

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

so this guy spends like 3 hours on the toilet every day, right

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
democrats making DC a state and allowing PR self-determination of whether or not they want to be a state probably determines a lot of what happens in 2024 and beyond imho

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/StephenNolan/status/1301500593626853377

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Schnorkles posted:

if trump loses in 2020 and his body/mind allows (and maybe even if they don't) he is absolutely running again in 2024.

his pride won't allow it because even he would dimly realize in his tiny worm brain that he'd lose

his ratings are going to be in the shitter if he fails to retain this presidency by hook or by crook

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

the US dropped thousands of micosensors in the jungle during the war that were designed to detect troop movement and send signals to our satellites so we'd know where they were. the vietnamese troops figured out they could fool the sensors by pissing on them.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Schnorkles posted:

this is basically my nightmare scenario as well, that there is a candidate savvy enough to both win the bloodthirsty lunatics and the subarbanites at the same time

i have been scared of this for a while now but actually perversely i'm getting less scared of it with time, because as my understanding of those segments of the base evolves i am less and less sure anyone advanced in this way can do it

like, i straight up don't think hawley can win the CHUDs. i just straight up don't believe it. dude is a complete dweeb. tucker carlson? maybe, but he gets flustered easily, and it would be super easy for donj or someone else to reduce him to a sputtering mess. tom cotton is really, really stupid.

i'm not saying a person who can appeal to both of these groups can't exist, but i'm starting to believe that the venn diagram intersection is very narrow, and the person probably doesn't look too much like Trump, who was really, really helped by both 1) running against hillary clinton and 2) being the first person to really try this play and therefore taking advantage of a lot of people simply not believing how bad things could get under him.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Dustcat posted:

his pride won't allow it because even he would dimly realize in his tiny worm brain that he'd lose

his ratings are going to be in the shitter if he fails to retain this presidency by hook or by crook

realistically i think the one thing about the whole "trump will never let himself lose power" is that DC and the political apparatus there just loving hates losers and won't abide one

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

DUP!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i have been scared of this for a while now but actually perversely i'm getting less scared of it with time, because as my understanding of those segments of the base evolves i am less and less sure anyone advanced in this way can do it

like, i straight up don't think hawley can win the CHUDs. i just straight up don't believe it. dude is a complete dweeb. tucker carlson? maybe, but he gets flustered easily, and it would be super easy for donj or someone else to reduce him to a sputtering mess. tom cotton is really, really stupid.

i'm not saying a person who can appeal to both of these groups can't exist, but i'm starting to believe that the venn diagram intersection is very narrow, and the person probably doesn't look too much like Trump, who was really, really helped by both 1) running against hillary clinton and 2) being the first person to really try this play and therefore taking advantage of a lot of people simply not believing how bad things could get under him.

this is actually probably the more important bit. In order for someone like this to emerge and play the middle, someone like Don Jr. probably has to not run.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

imagine the smell

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/WillCleveland13/status/1301615649593188352

paid vacation for killing someone loving hell

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Schnorkles posted:

this is actually probably the more important bit. In order for someone like this to emerge and play the middle, someone like Don Jr. probably has to not run.

don jr. is absolutely 1000000% running in the very first republican presidential primary in which his dad is not a candidate, i don't even know why anyone would bother pretending otherwise

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

this guy owns

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

don jr. is absolutely 1000000% running in the very first republican presidential primary in which his dad is not a candidate, i don't even know why anyone would bother pretending otherwise

ngl don jr. vs pence vs tucker vs haley vs hawley vs cotton vs twenty other yahoos is going to be great entertainment

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/filipnilenius/status/1140290912045666305?s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh yeah I love it. Still think an October surprise is a LOCK HIM(S) UP

Barr's been fishing for questionable financial poo poo on the bidens for about 2 years and they're bidens so he's found plenty. I'm assuming the production from that has been leaked (gasp, pearls clutched, balls cradled) and the subsequent cooperation agreement is there to support an investigation which "the deep state" had prevented to this point.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Schnorkles posted:

ngl don jr. vs pence vs tucker vs haley vs hawley vs cotton vs twenty other yahoos is going to be great entertainment

gently caress you

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

gently caress you

ah yes i forgot elections will be suspended and we will be in the 5th year of the trump empire by that point sorry, sorry i'm trying to delete it

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1301614510361530387

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i feel as if kanye west did not do the best job trying to become president

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

kentucky having a normal one

https://twitter.com/emmacaustin/status/1301603787778461696

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/filipnilenius/status/1217509865167499266?s=19

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i so loathe the rotten meat man

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

ah yes i forgot elections will be suspended and we will be in the 5th year of the trump empire by that point sorry, sorry i'm trying to delete it

You used to be soul plane. Now you are air america.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
the gently caress is wrong with you

please stop posting meatguy

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
more meatspin

less meatguy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sinnesloeschen posted:

more meatspin

less meatguy

:thumbsdown:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

sinnesloeschen posted:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I am certain of the following
1. There is no scenario, absent imprisonment or death, where Trump does not remain in the public eye while constantly shouting about how the election was stolen from him and that Joe Biden is illegitimate.
2. The GOP base will not accept any candidate who publicly affirms that Trump's loss to Biden was legitimate.
3. The Democrats would have to gently caress up insanely badly to lose a general election to a candidate openly saying that Donald Trump should still be President.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

this owns

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

sinnesloeschen posted:

the gently caress is wrong with you

what about meatgirl?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

oh god i clicked on those videos. why the gently caress did i do that

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The act speaks for itself. They broke into her house and killed her. It doesn't matter if the government approved it, it is a crime because there is no basis for the conduct. Anyone who can't see that has no place in government

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i am getting hungry

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

babypolis posted:

oh god i clicked on those videos. why the gently caress did i do that

I tried to warn you!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sinnesloeschen posted:

more meatspin

less meatguy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

I think it would basically end up boiling down to Pence vs Haley vs Don Jr, maybe Carlson in lieu of Don Jr.