Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Man, Intra plays a LONG con, doesn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Yeah, I've definitely used the verb form. It's rare, but there are absolutely times where I've been buffaloed rather than trucked or mudholed. Plus, you can use buffalo in a non-physical sense, unlike the other two which (at least in my experience) involve getting physically overrun.

For those not familiar with this definition for truck & mudhole, I present Brandon Jacobs:
https://twitter.com/thenflgif/status/499271077403848704

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Begemot posted:

Of course he's already using the comic artist's trick for languages: just draw a bunch of weird symbols that don't mean anything in the word balloons.

That's what we thought about paranatural.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

Zernach posted:

Next Intra is going to dig a well, and THEN he brains the lord with the rock when he proclaims that the rock will now turn to food. Or turns the rock into air by throwing it so hard that it vaporises along with the lord.

Guessed the well part right, but that making bricks with the dug up clay part was so obvious in hindsight. Going to change my guess to the stone parting Yeddos head from his shoulders and Intra going "Oberves as his breath leaves his body, I have made air from the stone".

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, I've definitely used the verb form. It's rare, but there are absolutely times where I've been buffaloed rather than trucked or mudholed. Plus, you can use buffalo in a non-physical sense, unlike the other two which (at least in my experience) involve getting physically overrun.

For those not familiar with this definition for truck & mudhole, I present Brandon Jacobs:
https://twitter.com/thenflgif/status/499271077403848704

we used "clocked" for a hit like that (or the teenage equivalent) in pop warner

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

MikeJF posted:

That's what we thought about paranatural.

My thought exactly.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Well, I'm going to use buffalo as a verb in casual or professional conversation by the end of the week.

I probably have the largest active vocabulary in my various personal circles, and while I don't have the largest passive vocabulary, it's pretty decent, and I have never, ever heard someone use buffalo as a verb. I will remedy this.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tulip posted:

Honestly? It is incredible bullshit that we have words whose pronunciation changes based on vowels that come later in the word. Like, for example, com/come, which isn't even the same as con/cone.

Nonsense. In English we do not read words one letter or even one syllable at a time. The whole word or phrase is taken in at once, which is why very long words are not a feature of this particular Germanic language. When viewed in that light it's perfectly fine for a letter that appears later in the word to modify it, as in effect, you're comprehending it all at once.

Apologies. This was already covered.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 3, 2020

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I don't think you are either - I picked it up within a few seconds - but I considered "Ienobivccanle!" as a response and realized, looking at it, that even knowing what it was I was struggling to fit the letters in place.

I'm 90% sure that this is because there's no way to tell if the first letter is a lower-case l or an upper-case I.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm 90% sure that this is because there's no way to tell if the first letter is a lower-case l or an upper-case I.

It's actually that symbol at the upper right hand side of a qwerty keyboard that is used as a separator.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

What if they do mean something though

They do.

https://killsixbilliondemons.fandom.com/wiki/Universal_Metaconstant

pseudorandom name fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 3, 2020

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

A.o.D. posted:

Nonsense. In English we do not read words one letter or even one syllable at a time. The whole word or phrase is taken in at once, which is why very long words are not a feature of this particular Germanic language. When viewed in that light it's perfectly fine for a letter that appears later in the word to modify it, as in effect, you're comprehending it all at once.

Apologies. This was already covered.

That's all fine and good once you've passed a very high level of fluency with the language but then one day you find yourself explaining to somebody why you shouldn't pronounce "Comey" like "cummy."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

A.o.D. posted:

It's actually that symbol at the upper right hand side of a qwerty keyboard that is used as a separator.

That's a vertical bar, or a pipe!

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

quote:

Lord Intra gathered his retainers, who were hungry for tutelage. “Lord Intra!” said the bearer of his kicks, “What is the first step on the path to Royalty?”

“There are no steps,” replied Intra, “It is zero-sum with your reality. It is not measured in court-lengths.”

“Lord Intra,” said his point guard, “Is the path to Royalty the path of struggle, then?”

“No,” said Intra, “One may attain it without any effort at all. It is, in fact, the antithesis of struggle.”

Intra’s shooting guard was very discontent with his master’s evasiveness. “Lord,” he said, “Allow us lowly men some small measure of understanding. For sympathy’s sake, and the sake of we good and loyal teammates, please tell us in plain language the nature of Royalty.”

“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous dunking motion.”

quote:

BALLER once played a pickup game with his disciple Hansa in BALLER's second clockwise glass court. Hansa was one of his most ardent students and a grand questioner of BALLER. Unlike BALLER's other disciple, Pree Ashma, he had no hunger in his heart for dominion of the universe, but a miserly scrutiny and a tight forward game. He was not an aspirant for royalty, and thereby attained it through little effort.

Hansa’s questions were thus:

‘Lord, how must I question space?’

‘With an age, a jammer may encircle a slammer five million times,’ spoke BALLER.

‘Lord, how then may I question time?’

‘A slammer's stride of a moment takes a jammer a week to surpass.’ BALLER spoke while dunking in the 4th way.

Hansa was discontent with this answer and bent to retie the laces of his sweet, catalogue only, kicks which he always kept with him and would eventually lead to his annihilation. Since he was royalty, he knew this, and wore them as a reminder of his circular death.

‘Lord, then which should I be, the slammer or the jammer?’

‘Both,’ spoke BALLER,’ or either, when it suits you. Destroy the grand enemy called ‘I’.’

Hansa contemplated this in silence. Later he would recount this proverb to his daughter.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lemony posted:

Lord Intra gathered his retainers, who were hungry for tutelage. “Lord Intra!” said the bearer of his kicks, “What is the first step on the path to Royalty?”

“There are no steps,” replied Intra, “It is zero-sum with your reality. It is not measured in court-lengths.”

“Lord Intra,” said his point guard, “Is the path to Royalty the path of struggle, then?”

“No,” said Intra, “One may attain it without any effort at all. It is, in fact, the antithesis of struggle.”

Intra’s shooting guard was very discontent with his master’s evasiveness. “Lord,” he said, “Allow us lowly men some small measure of understanding. For sympathy’s sake, and the sake of we good and loyal teammates, please tell us in plain language the nature of Royalty.”

“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous dunking motion.”

Lemony posted:

BALLER once played a pickup game with his disciple Hansa in BALLER's second clockwise glass court. Hansa was one of his most ardent students and a grand questioner of BALLER. Unlike BALLER's other disciple, Pree Ashma, he had no hunger in his heart for dominion of the universe, but a miserly scrutiny and a tight forward game. He was not an aspirant for royalty, and thereby attained it through little effort.

Hansa’s questions were thus:

‘Lord, how must I question space?’

‘With an age, a jammer may encircle a slammer five million times,’ spoke BALLER.

‘Lord, how then may I question time?’

‘A slammer's stride of a moment takes a jammer a week to surpass.’ BALLER spoke while dunking in the 4th way.

Hansa was discontent with this answer and bent to retie the laces of his sweet, catalogue only, kicks which he always kept with him and would eventually lead to his annihilation. Since he was royalty, he knew this, and wore them as a reminder of his circular death.

‘Lord, then which should I be, the slammer or the jammer?’

‘Both,’ spoke BALLER,’ or either, when it suits you. Destroy the grand enemy called ‘I’.’

Hansa contemplated this in silence. Later he would recount this proverb to his daughter.

:vince: :perfect: :hmmyes: :five:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

:golfclap:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The sanctioned action is to DUNK. :boom:

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Oh, it's beautiful.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
That is loving great!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Jaggonath is preparing to unleash the Chaos Dunk!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yisun may lie, but Ball don't.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

GunnerJ posted:

What if they do mean something though

will you shut up about the Voynich manuscript already

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

my god....

it’s... beautiful

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CitizenKeen posted:

Well, I'm going to use buffalo as a verb in casual or professional conversation by the end of the week.

I probably have the largest active vocabulary in my various personal circles, and while I don't have the largest passive vocabulary, it's pretty decent, and I have never, ever heard someone use buffalo as a verb. I will remedy this.

you're totally gonna buffalo it up

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Brought To You By posted:

The sanctioned action is to DUNK. :boom:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
REACH THE FINALS THROUGH PERSONAL FOULS

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
god drat

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Operant posted:

god drat

:colbert: I'm just going to blindly assume that these panels are canon now.

In all seriousness though, this dumb project has given me additional respect for the rate these pages get put out. I didn't have to layout and draw the drat things from scratch and it still felt like it took forever.

I also used a mouse instead of a tablet though, presumably because I bear some sort of ancient grudge against my hand.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
UNIVERSAL SLAM - QUAD CITY DJs VS SOLOMON DAVE

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

COME ON AND SLAM
AND KILL THE GOD YISSUN

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Royalty is a continuous dunking motion.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Girl, what do you think of dunking?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
If you should meet the big man upon the court...

(for a little one on one)

foul him

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Dream-Incubus telling Allison about Ballami Dave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hai8r6SGKV4

(it's a narrated version of the previous link)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ThaumPenguin posted:

Dream-Incubus telling Allison about Ballami Dave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hai8r6SGKV4

(it's a narrated version of the previous link)
This feels like an ASMR video from an alternate dimension.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Perfect Game - Total Scoreboard Annihilation

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:piss:

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

:sbahj: Ki-Rata was the Chaos Dunk all along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKQiZVBtu4

Gotta listen to this while you read it

Daktar fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I remember when Slam Jams were the flavor of the month on the internet, and it was great. This one's pretty great.