Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

The only mount I need

Is this SMT Online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1301626080290369537

That would be Arika so...do Arika do good online? Do they know what a good online is can they help do that?

Tetris 99 is really good so...probably?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CK3 is really good, they upped AI aggression or something because every region is a Thunderdome

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

it doesn't matter if the online is good or not, theres nothing to synchronize, its 35 single player games of mario

It’s not, enemies you kill get tossed into other people’s games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dewgy posted:

yeah but there's still nothing that needs to be tightly synced, the send goomba message could be literally one byte and it doesn't really matter when you receive it, same as trash in tetris 99. its not like the bad multiplayer in super mario marker where synchronizing all the player positions is really important because they can interact with each other

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

since when did taco bell have pico? i find that hard to believe, there are way too many territories in this union with weird freaks who can't even tolerate a pickled jalapeno and taco bell out there paving the way with diced serrano?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Dewgy posted:

yes, but it's not like enemy dropping needs to be tightly synchronized since it's all individual games, it doesn't matter much if that gooma spawns in a few frames late

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Im gonna write an angry letter to Nintendo if Mario 35 doesn't have 60 tick servers

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

yeah but there's still nothing that needs to be tightly synced, the send goomba message could be literally one byte and it doesn't really matter when you receive it, same as trash in tetris 99. its not like the bad multiplayer in super mario marker where synchronizing all the player positions is really important because they can interact with each other

ymgve posted:

yes, but it's not like enemy dropping needs to be tightly synchronized since it's all individual games, it doesn't matter much if that gooma spawns in a few frames late

Considering it’s time trial/last man standing I’d figure it makes at least some difference to stay closer in sync. :shrug:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the nintendo 35 direct was pretty weak but it is making me realize how unnatural my console progression was as a kid. i remember so many of these mario games coming out "new" which would be impossible because i would be too young to play videogames or form memories. i think what really happened was i grew up with an old nintendo because it was cheap to get with a bunch of games and stuff compared to the snes, and the snes we eventually go was the one that comes with all stars which im sure was a cheaper bundle or something later down the line.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

the only mount I need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hcNxfMW7o

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

treat posted:

Jason Rohrer released a new game last night where you can talk with an AI with any number of personalities and baked-in backstories/histories. It apparently uses the OpenAI GPT-2 neural network, like AI Dungeon. I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't know what these words mean, and I don't even know what this game is supposed to be exactly. In typical Rohrer fashion it's probably best if you figure it out for yourself. http://projectdecember.net/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
does nintendo have a bad relationship with Galaxy 2? Did they hate it for just being a better Galaxy? They didn't mention it in the history of mario games. They also skipped Super Mario Land 2 which was way, way, way better than Super Mario Land which they did mention. i can understand not mentioned mario is missing or whatever, but SML2 and Galaxy2 both are great

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dewgy posted:

Considering it’s time trial/last man standing I’d figure it makes at least some difference to stay closer in sync. :shrug:

theres a huge gulf of difference between bad netcode meaning your goomba appears a frame or two later and it making the game become an unplayably laggy stuttery mess. the tolerances to stay "in sync" for something like this are a lot more lax than "four people are all on the same screen playing and interacting directly with each other"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Khanstant posted:

does nintendo have a bad relationship with Galaxy 2? Did they hate it for just being a better Galaxy? They didn't mention it in the history of mario games. They also skipped Super Mario Land 2 which was way, way, way better than Super Mario Land which they did mention. i can understand not mentioned mario is missing or whatever, but SML2 and Galaxy2 both are great

they were just hitting the major milestones. there were a bunch of games they didnt mention

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the timeline at the end of the direct was specifically mario games available to play on switch

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Khanstant posted:

how often do you even beat games? Not counting games that don't really "end," I think it's the exception for me to get to the intended ending of a game. At the same time, I think I spend a lot more time in a game compared to someone who just beats it normally.
I buy far more games than I beat, but recently I started and then forced myself to finally finish the old CRPG Arcanum. I don’t know why, the urge to roll a character in it hit me but I wasn’t going to let myself get stopped at the Black Rock Mountains again. There are some games where I can just kind of put my head down and push through, but often I’ll get distracted by side quests and lose momentum, or I’ll get to a difficult area and “take a break”.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

there was another part where they just did a general history of mario that included super mario land, new super mario bros, and new super mario bros wii

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sharrrk posted:

there was another part where they just did a general history of mario that included super mario land, new super mario bros, and new super mario bros wii

arthur thing of this sign cant stop me cos i dont know how to read but this vid cant stop me because i didnt watch it i just skipped around

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Khanstant posted:

Sml2 was made without miyamoto so thats a memory hole game
Galaxy 2 is probably not liked by nintendo because they hate having to make more than one mario per console since 64 and the good sales and money from it hurts their bastard hearts

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:hmmyes:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Stux posted:

theres a huge gulf of difference between bad netcode meaning your goomba appears a frame or two later and it making the game become an unplayably laggy stuttery mess. the tolerances to stay "in sync" for something like this are a lot more lax than "four people are all on the same screen playing and interacting directly with each other"

On the other hand there was Ubisoft's single player version of Tetris that somehow had bad online.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

On the other hand there was Ubisoft's single player version of Tetris that somehow had bad online.

If you had more than 20 friends on psn its top framerate was like 10 fps due to a glitch they refused to fix

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

just guessing but I don't think nintendo hates their game super mario galaxy 2

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Galaxy 2 doesn't have enough manta and fluzzard levels

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The haunted hotel Sunshine levels are dope

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i hope they didnt try to fix any glitches for sunshine

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope that when they inevitably remaster OoT ACE is still in the game and you can do some weird stuff with the OS that way

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Sml2 was made without miyamoto so thats a memory hole game
Galaxy 2 is probably not liked by nintendo because they hate having to make more than one mario per console since 64 and the good sales and money from it hurts their bastard hearts

this is what my heart thinks despite some other plausible theories

please sign my petition to give Super Mario Land 2 the All-Stars treatment with updated SNES style graphics and also 3D all-stars treatment with a fully reworked 3d platforming version

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

sharrrk posted:

i hope they didnt try to fix any glitches for sunshine

i'll bet you anything all three will have unwanted changes that mostly make speedruns worse and kills edge case fun of weird mechanics.

i do wonder if the "l i s real" sign will be updated in HD to be readable finally. would be cool to get luigi too but at that point i imagine theyd just updated the 3ds version

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

When the gently caress are Nintendo gonna announce Super Mario 3-D Allstars 2

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
For Mario 64, «so long gay Bowser» seems to have been removed, but they haven’t fixed the texture bug with the smoke after you burn yourself

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

so long gay bowser removed
i love and support my gay friend bowser added

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

You say Goodbye Gay Bowser, and I say Hello Gay Bowser

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the l is real sign is high res and it is an invitation to bowser's gay wedding, he's marrying kamek

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

ymgve posted:

For Mario 64, «so long gay Bowser» seems to have been removed, but they haven’t fixed the texture bug with the smoke after you burn yourself

this indicates they localized the Shindou rom, which was a Japanese version released later that had rumble pack support.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i just double checked to be sure: U R MR GAY is still intact

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Khanstant posted:

the nintendo 35 direct was pretty weak but it is making me realize how unnatural my console progression was as a kid. i remember so many of these mario games coming out "new" which would be impossible because i would be too young to play videogames or form memories. i think what really happened was i grew up with an old nintendo because it was cheap to get with a bunch of games and stuff compared to the snes, and the snes we eventually go was the one that comes with all stars which im sure was a cheaper bundle or something later down the line.

The consoles I had access to at home went from my dad's intellivision directly to the N64 I got fro Christmas, it was pretty wild upgrading like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
my stepdad bought an atari and shitload of games and even post n64 i really liked it and all its weird minigames.