Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

wilderthanmild posted:

Isn't there some dumb obscenity rule CCP will slap you for with ship names?

Oh yeah, absolutely! A cock is just a male chicken however, regardless of how angry it is. No obscenity there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The dozens of mobile depots around the G-M4GK gate that all say "gently caress TEST" makes me think that CCP doesn't care so much about cursing

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
submitting a report for it is a painful experience, i learned this when i had to submit a ticket to get my name changed after it was reported.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

OMFG FURRY posted:

submitting a report for it is a painful experience, i learned this when i had to submit a ticket to get my name changed after it was reported.

That's a pretty amazing username/post combo :v:

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

I just picked EVE up about a week ago because Echoes made me curious. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far, I've just been doing the Sisters of EVE story arc and random encounters that I come across while I wait for some of the core skills to get to higher ranks, but is there anything I can do combat related that will make decent ISK this early on or should I start mining or something else? I'm trying to stay in highsec as much as I possibly can but if its worth it to venture into lowsec I probably could (I don't intend on applying to Swarm, I've lurked for so many years and my post count is terribly low), I'm flying a Navy Issue Omen currently, have a NI Augoror docked alongside a few Coercers. I've got like 150mil ISK currently so I could afford to swap over to an industrial ship or something, but combat is a lot of fun.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nation of Thizzlam posted:

I just picked EVE up about a week ago because Echoes made me curious. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far, I've just been doing the Sisters of EVE story arc and random encounters that I come across while I wait for some of the core skills to get to higher ranks, but is there anything I can do combat related that will make decent ISK this early on or should I start mining or something else? I'm trying to stay in highsec as much as I possibly can but if its worth it to venture into lowsec I probably could (I don't intend on applying to Swarm, I've lurked for so many years and my post count is terribly low), I'm flying a Navy Issue Omen currently, have a NI Augoror docked alongside a few Coercers. I've got like 150mil ISK currently so I could afford to swap over to an industrial ship or something, but combat is a lot of fun.

Your post history seems long enough to me, I'd let you in if it was my call. But I'm not trusted with decisions (for good reason). Apply anyway!

In answer to your question, yes there is some very profitable combat activities you could be doing to make ISK. Unfortunately it will involve joining Goonswarm and coming out to 0.0 space. The most valuable pirates are out in 0.0 space, you will make 1000x more killing 0.0 pirates than you will killing highsec pirates. It's not like they are more challenging though, still the same dumb rats. Come out to Delve and I'll give you a free Dominix or Mermidon or something and you can kill $1m isk rats all day.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Scikar posted:

It's not for the ship type, it's so they can't immediately see which pilot is in which ship just from dscan.

Now THAT is a legit reason. Why things should be done a certain way in Eve is like the old "phone game", everyone has a different completely insane reason.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Faction warfare is pretty fun and can get you isk for doing PvP/PvE in high sec. It's got a pretty low SP barrier to entry but you will die a lot. There are also missions for different factions and different story chains if you like the SoE one and want something safer but they can get monotonous.

If you want to ever leave high sec there are new player oriented corps like Pandemic Horde or Brave Newbies or Karmafleet that generally do a way better educating people about the game than the tutorials do.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress k space, go to wormholes

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
RIP those dreads I guess :v:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
War of 2018 inspired me to fast track my way into all the poo poo I wish I was taking part in by the time the next war happens. This war started the weekend my job started scheduling me 70+ hours a week and Im half rear end deployed with my third shift hours making me sleep through all the good poo poo.

This poo poo better last until things calm down Im super salty I cant welp any of the ridiculous poo poo I have sitting around

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Solus posted:

at least somebody finally crossed a regional gate

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Solus posted:

It was a fun fight. It was pretty clear when 20 hostile titans and many super carriers came on grid we weren’t going to win the escalation race. But it was probably good experience for the dread pilots to be on the dunked end of things. Pity I was in a Guardian instead of a Nag I guess.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So who won?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
"Ganking is too strong, it hurts newer players and people don't even know what's going on when it happens." -CCP

Also CCP: "Let's make Niarja a lowsec system that'll kill more people in a week than have died to ganks from january to july this year."

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Sickening posted:

So who won?

Oh Test won the isk war for sure. We sent 70 dreads and a few hundred sub caps against 60dreads, like 40 faxes, and 70+ super caps, and about 200 subcaps. That we managed around 30% efficiency is the surprising part, I know the subcaps we’re having trouble killing anything with that much logistics on grid.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Velius posted:

Oh Test won the isk war for sure. We sent 70 dreads and a few hundred sub caps against 60dreads, like 40 faxes, and 70+ super caps, and about 200 subcaps. That we managed around 30% efficiency is the surprising part, I know the subcaps we’re having trouble killing anything with that much logistics on grid.

So what happened? I thought the narrative was that nobody was going to bring supers down. Why aren't we using supers?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Sickening posted:

So what happened? I thought the narrative was that nobody was going to bring supers down. Why aren't we using supers?

:confused:

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Sickening posted:

I’m still newly back to eve, but it happened on the regional gate which is a big issue for escalating to supers. We were in Test’s system shooting a POS to bait a fight, they engaged and dropped only dreads to start. We escalated with our dreads, and Test committed supers. Our supers were enough jumps out that we weren’t able to get them in in time. It was also really late USTZ. Honestly it was really a fun fight that was very playable the whole time.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

They’re busy chest beating on reddit rn as if they had entered fortress delve and smoked us

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Velius posted:

Least y'all are getting the sacrifices to the welp gods out of the way early

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Now that Fountain has no more Keepstars, what their next move?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Yeah I don't get the hurfblurf many frags were had and TEST still won't commit to jumping into goon space

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

They’re busy chest beating on reddit rn as if they had entered fortress delve and smoked us

i mean it's the only thing they've done in how many weeks?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
They are playing safe and trying to bait our supers to come out of Fortress Delve. But why would we do that?

Ivoryman
Jul 2, 2019

Foehammer007 posted:

Yeah I don't get the hurfblurf many frags were had and TEST still won't commit to jumping into goon space

They have no balls. They have never had any balls. They drop a tiny pair every now and then to kick some scrub in the teeth, that is all.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

"Ganking is too strong, it hurts newer players and people don't even know what's going on when it happens." -CCP

Also CCP: "Let's make Niarja a lowsec system that'll kill more people in a week than have died to ganks from january to july this year."

The second thing is novel and interesting ATM at least.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I wonder when you'll start blaming ccp for global warming induced by lack of pirates?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Micromancer posted:

War of 2018 inspired me to fast track my way into all the poo poo I wish I was taking part in by the time the next war happens. This war started the weekend my job started scheduling me 70+ hours a week and Im half rear end deployed with my third shift hours making me sleep through all the good poo poo.

This poo poo better last until things calm down Im super salty I cant welp any of the ridiculous poo poo I have sitting around

I think I took part in a second Fountain war? Or maybe a war in Geminate where I learned that capitals are not to be moved unless you can 1.) reliably log in and 2.) do so for more than 2 hours.

Whichever deployment that was I was lucky to have lost my Phoenix in combat because it took what seemed like months for me to get my carrier and subcaps out.

I have been extremely judicious since then and that is also why I only came back now since the war is “local”.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

NGC773 posted:

what their next move?

A papi co-host on crying in stations believes their next move will be to drop citadels in delve or querious and get caps into them, however that has to happen.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Roller Coast Guard posted:

I once renamed every ship in the EG deployment cache to MY COCK RAGES ON .

Before I quit, I renamed all of the newbee ships to "TheCrate sits to pee." Sadly, very few people understood it.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Hexel posted:

A papi co-host on crying in stations believes their next move will be to drop citadels in delve or querious and get caps into them, however that has to happen.

Yessss, yesss. Drop the citadels in Delve and put your caps there. Pleasssse.....

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

They just need to stage their caps out of a non-destructible station somewhere in NPC Delve. Say PR-

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

NGC773 posted:

Now that Fountain has no more Keepstars, what their next move?

panfam is moving down to test staging this weekend to start pushing in from the east

i'm pretty sure the plan is to stay out of delve until everything else is knocked down though so i don't see any huge supercap battles happening in the near future

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

iospace posted:

gently caress k space, go to wormholes

Any good groups left? I know i'll miss dropping 2 bil cruisers on an afk venture before long

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

you feelin fucky posted:

Any good groups left? I know i'll miss dropping 2 bil cruisers on an afk venture before long

HK and Hawks are still around. NOVAC still exists, and I'm pretty sure TDSIN is still in wormholes even if they're in INIT now. Holesale is still evicting people for content. Inner Hell is dead, and it seems most have moved out of C5s into C4 space.

The problem is TDSIN and HK were beefing during CSM elections, and that meant that there's no w space representative on it. So you get poo poo like the Quantum core that totally forgot about wormhole mechanics.

Also the higher end groups are salty about surgical strike, since it made bling "worthless".

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Loden Taylor posted:

They just need to stage their caps out of a non-destructible station somewhere in NPC Delve. Say PR-

I am sure if I say that I speak on behalf on all ex-eve players and all not involved players that I want to see papi commit fully (and fail miserably - this is my personal part) to this war just for poo poo and giggles you guys will do to them and their territories while they are 'deployed' to npc delve

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 4, 2020

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

iospace posted:

HK and Hawks are still around. NOVAC still exists, and I'm pretty sure TDSIN is still in wormholes even if they're in INIT now. Holesale is still evicting people for content. Inner Hell is dead, and it seems most have moved out of C5s into C4 space.

The problem is TDSIN and HK were beefing during CSM elections, and that meant that there's no w space representative on it. So you get poo poo like the Quantum core that totally forgot about wormhole mechanics.

Also the higher end groups are salty about surgical strike, since it made bling "worthless".

C5 and even more so C6s have been dying for years because of super-hostile groups like HK and Lazerhawks.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dragonshardz posted:

C5 and even more so C6s have been dying for years because of super-hostile groups like HK and Lazerhawks.

I've heard different reports on that. I've heard that dred ratting is still alive and well, but the prevalence of frig holes is what harms that. C4s give you the double statics which allows for more content than a C5, especially given that C5s generally connect to C5s.

Then again that was coming from an HK member who said he wouldn't log in his ratting dred if he had a frig hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Did they ever put back the jukebox? Eve OST slaps