Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I tried out Heminth Empower on Banshee just because it was the first idea I had for a frame that might appreciate power boosting stuff and the 1 is fairly disposable regardless of build. It's a decent boost to both Sonar and Savage Silence although in the case of the latter it's really unnecessary since my build for that already one-shots most poo poo with silence finishers. The Sonar boost though is pretty significant and used with a good build I could see becoming even more stupid than it already is typically.

this just made me think about Savage Silence + Marked for Death aoe 1shotting entire rooms :circlefap: also replace her 4, it's useless outside of Hydron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mailer posted:

Can't wait to see their stats once everyone has their Helminths rolling and every frame from every player has the same ability replaced.

one would hope that they're going to look at the data they gather about things like the fact that Protea, Hildryn, Wisp and Banshee players are pretty much universally going to replace their ults with literally anything and use it to buff those powers

in reality they are probably working too hard on inventing a new Tenno Bowling League mode to bother

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
nope, nerfing the 'outliers that people are dis proportionally using' to encourage other choices!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

let me sing the praises of the panzer vulpaphyla: a pet that cannot die so you never lose vacuum. literally the only thing I ever wanted from a pet.

it also spreads Saryn spores that will generate health orbs if you use Synth Deconstruct, which is also cool, but it's mainly the first thing

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Soothing Vapors posted:

one would hope that they're going to look at the data they gather about things like the fact that Protea, Hildryn, Wisp and Banshee players are pretty much universally going to replace their ults with literally anything and use it to buff those powers

in reality they are probably working too hard on inventing a new Tenno Bowling League mode to bother

That just got me thinking that yeah, I don't use Protea's 4 much, what would I replace it with? My subsumables stash is so far rather anemic (I have extras of Nyx, Oberon, and Vauban sitting in my forge). A Mind Controlled enemy hit by a good Blaze Artillery shot would be doing an absolute fuckton of damage. Tesla Nervos or Smite would be kind of gilding the lily, what with two very good attack abilities already. Maybe just Rebuild Shields. Or Energized Munitions, but that seems like it would take a while.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

funkmeister posted:

nope, nerfing the 'outliers that people are dis proportionally using' to encourage other choices!

it is not a bad thing that they changed it from 'literally just put roar on everything and if you don't you're intentionally hampering yourself'

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Dareon posted:

That just got me thinking that yeah, I don't use Protea's 4 much, what would I replace it with? My subsumables stash is so far rather anemic (I have extras of Nyx, Oberon, and Vauban sitting in my forge). A Mind Controlled enemy hit by a good Blaze Artillery shot would be doing an absolute fuckton of damage. Tesla Nervos or Smite would be kind of gilding the lily, what with two very good attack abilities already. Maybe just Rebuild Shields. Or Energized Munitions, but that seems like it would take a while.

Larva is the gold standard to replace her 4. Blaze Artillery excels against tightly clumped enemies, and Larva followed by BA will let it reach insane multipliers fast.

Nidus is an assache to grind, but in a totally coincidental move DE put out a supporter pack with the launch of Helminth that essentially gives you 400 plat at a 25% discount and a free nidus.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 4, 2020

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I actually like empower on wisp (replacing 4) combined with growing power.

Yes it's overkill and the difference isn't that much, but for objectives where you aren't moving much its hilarious. Also I have to get all the BRRRT from my mausolon that I can.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Empower isn't bad for wisp for stationary missions, Roar is also good for tossing a 100% damage buff on top of your 100% attack speed buff for fun times.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Protea's ultimate is much more like a berserk than anything and I really, really wish it let you put down more than three turrets while you're in your own pocket of time. Being able to churn out a huge chunk of damage in one direction, then rewind and deal that damage in another direction is really strong. You can cover positions that'd take two or three people by yourself if you're quick enough!

That being said, Larva's going on tonight :toot:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I threw Roar on my Wisp, pretty happy with a 102% buff. I've also tried Dispensary and Pillage and both seemed like they worked pretty well. Dispensary paired nicely with a arch-gun.

I threw Spectrorage on Protea and I quite liked it. I also am just a fan of Spectrorage anyway, so it fitting my Protea build was nice.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

flatluigi posted:

it is not a bad thing that they changed it from 'literally just put roar on everything and if you don't you're intentionally hampering yourself'

no they didn't, they just made the values a little smaller

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Echophonic posted:

Dispensary paired nicely with a arch-gun.

Bears repeating that if you want to have all the fun of an arch-gun, forever, you can do so on any Warframe! :v:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Larva is the gold standard to replace her 4. Blaze Artillery excels against tightly clumped enemies, and Larva followed by BA will let it reach insane multipliers fast.

Does this still work as hilariously well after they did the fix to ragdolled clumped up enemies because of larva Revenant?

E: vvv Ya it does still have it's punchthrough either way.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 4, 2020

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What would make it good would be how fast the multiplier builds with a cluster like that, so I figure it'd still behave pretty similarly. Works great with Spectrorage and that one doesn't even forcibly pull enemies to it.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

FunkyFjord posted:

Does this still work as hilariously well after they did the fix to ragdolled clumped up enemies because of larva Revenant?

E: vvv Ya it does still have it's punchthrough either way.

Blaze artillery never had that bug, or it would have gone up by hundreds per shot instead of tens

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What're your strategies for killing vault necromechs? I can't get close cause they'll wipe any DR abilities, aiming for their shoulders feel really unreliable. Baruuk's 4 and lenz don't hit the weak spots with their AOE. It really is the loving stropha, isn't it?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

check out my tiny magistar

copy
Jul 26, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

What're your strategies for killing vault necromechs? I can't get close cause they'll wipe any DR abilities, aiming for their shoulders feel really unreliable. Baruuk's 4 and lenz don't hit the weak spots with their AOE. It really is the loving stropha, isn't it?

Heavy attack stropha modded for rad damage on a wukong with my clone distracting poo poo with acceltra is how I do 'em. Stropha doesn't seem to need to hit specific parts to kill it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
glad I've already tater'd and forma'd my stropha a few, looks like I'll have to shuffle it around for heavy attacks though

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Wow, Perspicacity is really bad. I put it on my Ivara that's decked out for Spy missions. It puts a buff on you that lasts indefinitely and makes your next hack instant. It doesn't have any energy drain, but the problem is the skill cannot be toggled off and seems to make the efficiency of all of your other skills awful while it is on.

I just tried it on Eris, where there are no consoles to hack really, and I was hosed the rest of the mission because I couldn't cloak for longer than three seconds, and cloaking is my only form of survivability on that build. Without cloaking I didn't notice any drain, but when I cloaked it drains much faster with Perspicacity on than it does with it off. I have a gigantic energy pool on this build.

It wouldn't be a problem if you could manually toggle it off, but you can't.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

You should be using wukong for spy anyway

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hazardousmouse posted:

any form of invisibility confuses them to no end, so ivara, loki, octavia, whatever. At that point your options depend on frame - you can let them self-own on Octavia's mallet, just shove a gunblade into them, whatever.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

goblin week posted:

check out my tiny magistar

Well, I didn't know I wanted a Broken War letter opener until now...

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Arsonide posted:

It wouldn't be a problem if you could manually toggle it off, but you can't.

The gimmick with it appears that it works on sortie missions, which is to say people are still having problems with Corpus ciphers?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Victory Position posted:

The gimmick with it appears that it works on sortie missions, which is to say people are still having problems with Corpus ciphers?

It's a real pain in the rear end on consoles especially if you play with high sensitivity and have to hold the stick absolutely still and not trigger motion controls

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Is the Stropha really meaningfully better than the Redeemer Prime these days? Wondering if it's worth dropping forma on if I already have a solid Redeemer.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Kestral posted:

Is the Stropha really meaningfully better than the Redeemer Prime these days? Wondering if it's worth dropping forma on if I already have a solid Redeemer.

AFAIK, and I'm probably wrong about this, but the redeemer shoots tons of little pellets whereas stropha fires a big bullet. So it's situational

Edit: to answer the forma question, yes it's an amazing weapon. Not a redeemer p. Replacer, but definitely worth formaing up if you've got the time and resour

Guilty fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 4, 2020

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

hazardousmouse posted:

I just 2 shot them with my Kuva Chakkhurr, 1 shot for the shields and 1 for the health. Sometimes they seem to get stuck in invulnerable mode for minutes on end, which is fun. I actually had that happen to me in my necramech once.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

The Moon Monster posted:

Sometimes they seem to get stuck in invulnerable mode for minutes on end, which is fun. I actually had that happen to me in my necramech once.

Shoot the arm once when that happens. At least, that worked for me last night when my baruuk waves stopped doing damage

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

BMan posted:

Shoot the arm once when that happens. At least, that worked for me last night when my baruuk waves stopped doing damage

I heard someone say you were supposed to void dash them and that seems to work about 20% of the time. Or maybe the effect just happens to expire at that time.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Any opinions between the Kuva Tonkor vs the Kuva Ogris, both in terms of fun and effectiveness? I only really want to bother pursuing/forma-ing one right now since they seem pretty similar and I'm getting a little liched out.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I just 2 shot them with my Kuva Chakkhurr, 1 shot for the shields and 1 for the health. Sometimes they seem to get stuck in invulnerable mode for minutes on end, which is fun. I actually had that happen to me in my necramech once.

I still can't seem to get down where I'm supposed to be hitting them. I swear I'll be shooting the same spot and sometimes it'll take damage and sometimes not.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Vargs posted:

Any opinions between the Kuva Tonkor vs the Kuva Ogris, both in terms of fun and effectiveness? I only really want to bother pursuing/forma-ing one right now since they seem pretty similar and I'm getting a little liched out.

Kuva Ogris is probably more straightforward and effective, but both of them are going to ragdoll enemies into the sky so hard they despawn before they come back down. :v:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

hazardousmouse posted:

I still can't seem to get down where I'm supposed to be hitting them. I swear I'll be shooting the same spot and sometimes it'll take damage and sometimes not.

I aim for the shoulders but yeah sometimes it just doesn't work. Maybe the hitboxes are smaller than they ought to be or they have weird invulnerability phases. In the rare case they survive having both arms blown off I think the other weak point is one the back of the pod.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

octavia

throw mallet, go invis, make a cup of tea, collect loot. it's the least engaging gameplay mechanic imaginable, but it's the most efficient

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Vargs posted:

Do you have Nightwatch Napalm? It makes the Kuva Ogris create gigantic flaming death fields on impact.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm doing something wrong with Nidus, but I don't know what. This is the build I'm using at the moment, he feels like he's made of tissue paper, and his abilities can't do jack poo poo. I just game over'd on a rank 2 Fortuna bounty.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Dareon posted:

I'm doing something wrong with Nidus, but I don't know what. This is the build I'm using at the moment, he feels like he's made of tissue paper, and his abilities can't do jack poo poo. I just game over'd on a rank 2 Fortuna bounty.

the problem is more than half your mod slots are empty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Here's a simple, budget Nidus build. 3 forma, no prime mods, no umbral mods.

https://overframe.gg/build/new/27/n...zY1LDUsMF1dXQ==

Consider this the baseline for playing him.

You can get fancier than this if you want, and there's also a less popular alternate bulid that goes all-in on ability strength to boost Parasitic Link's ability strength boost on allies + Teeming Virulence to turn Nidus himself into a gun platform, but this is a simple, solid build that does the things he's famous for.

e: You could also get away with fewer forma via some combination of a) not all your 10-pip mods are maxed out, b) drop Cunning Drift for now, and c) substitute the new Carnis Carapace mod for Steel Fiber

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 5, 2020