Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH0OjKMKsY0

DK WEST
DK WEST
HE'S THE MAN
HE'S THE BEST

NSR good? :nyoron:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

you cant cut back on mexican pizzas, youll regret this

Sorry it's going BACK INTO THE VAULT. The fast-food vault.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

DK WEST
DK WEST
HE'S THE MAN
HE'S THE BEST

I've heard that aside from the gameplay being a tad rough, it is quite good.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

in direct answer to my own question from yesterday, nintendo vouchers (yknow, the "spend $130 aud and get two vouchers to purchase games from our big list" program) do cover the mario 3d collection and super mario cat meow as my son calls it super mario 3d world + bowsers fury

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Recently hit level 40 on my latest Progress Quest character.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Congrats but sad to see you arent a motorcycle robot monk

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've already played that race/class!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

tithin posted:

super mario cat meow as my son calls it

:kimchi:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hmmm

HMMMMMM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tithin posted:

super mario cat meow as my son calls it

They're releasing Cat Mario + Cat Peach Amiibo

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/nintendo-switch/259947-nintendo-amiibo-super-mario-3d-world-cat-mario-cat-peach-2-pack

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Hmmm

HMMMMMM

it's the same size on all axes :goleft:

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

I said come in! posted:

Recently hit level 40 on my latest Progress Quest character.

Is the old client still updated? I thought all effort went into the 3d client now

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It is a holiday weekend in the US of A which means I take the time to make tonkotsu ramen or a really complicated curry.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Hmmm

HMMMMMM

This game really feels like a weird dream you are recounting to the thread. (Never stop)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Reminder to take a 15-minute break from VGs every hour of play!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

People say they hate Twitch, but every once in awhile you get this

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

About to start a new game that I'm kind of excited about, Paradise Killer.

http://paradisekiller.com/

It's an open-world game that ends with a Phoenix Wright trial, and you need to harvest up enough evidence for when that happens

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like super mario sunshine a lot but the idea of supporting that manufactured scarcity poo poo makes me sad.

Infinitum posted:

DK WEST
DK WEST
HE'S THE MAN
HE'S THE BEST

The music is great but the gameplay is honestly not very good.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Convex posted:

Beat Mega Man X for the first time yesterday! That game was really fun and has dated very well, except for having to always do Chill Penguin's stage first to get the dash upgrade. I used a boss order guide though as I don't have as much gaming time these days. I also got all the upgrades which was fun. No idea how you'd find some of them without a guide though, especially the buster upgrade.

Are the rest of them worth playing? I have the GameCube collection as the Steam versions seem to run like poo poo.

Nice, one of my all time favorites. MMX isn't too bad but that final run against Sigma is BRUTAL so congrats!

X2 and X3 are both worth playing, basically exactly like MMX1 but with new levels. But the series is basically all downhill from there. YMMV some of them are okay but I only really enjoy the first 3.

And of course the classic Mega Mans on NES are all really good.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Nice, one of my all time favorites. MMX isn't too bad but that final run against Sigma is BRUTAL so congrats!

X2 and X3 are both worth playing, basically exactly like MMX1 but with new levels. But the series is basically all downhill from there. YMMV some of them are okay but I only really enjoy the first 3.

Mega Man X4 is a great game, you just have to play as Zero.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

About to start a new game that I'm kind of excited about, Paradise Killer.

http://paradisekiller.com/

It's an open-world game that ends with a Phoenix Wright trial, and you need to harvest up enough evidence for when that happens

That's a pretty cool premise but

is it good

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh great, that sounds good! I was surprised how much I enjoyed it as I found some of the earlier NES ones quite frustrating to be honest. I can't think of any real cheap tricks except maybe for the flying torch things in the factory stage, but even then you can avoid the pits by wall jumping.

One thing I just noticed is the GameCube collection has the PS1 version of X3 whereas the Steam collection is the SNES version. Is there a particular version that's superior?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Convex posted:

One thing I just noticed is the GameCube collection has the PS1 version of X3 whereas the Steam collection is the SNES version. Is there a particular version that's superior?

Look up the OST on Youtube and see what you like better, otherwise no, the CD version just has remixed music and I think an opening cutscene.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
stuff i'm playing update:

CK3: good
Wasteland 3: good and much better than expected. kind of jank. I backed WL2 and it ended up being too old school in ways I didn't enjoy but they seems to have dropped a lot of that. Could probably do without the borderlands-tier "humor" though.
Azure Striker Gunvolt: An interesting take on a Megaman game, though I could do with fewer 'intuit this attack you haven't seen yet immediately or die and start over idiot' boss fight though it's arguably part of the 'genre'

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Relax Or DIE posted:

I backed WL2 and it ended up being too old school in ways I didn't enjoy

same. my only kickstarter. (though there's more wrong with WL2 than just antiquated game design)

surprised/impressed inxile seem to have put out something decent. though MS probably played a part in that. i can imagine them footing the bill for extra QA time the same way they're the reason the game has full VA.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i thought wl2 was good and enjoyed it until i hit a joke so unfunny i uninstalled the game

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
you can't say that and not post the joke

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

you can't say that and not post the joke

i need to know the anti-stux joke for reasons

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dont want to be probated

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Yeah if it's some transphobic/homophobic/racist joke i'm okay without that stuff in my life.

May 8, 2006

granting you bad-joke immunity for these purposes

May 8, 2006

Arrrthritis posted:

Yeah if it's some transphobic/homophobic/racist joke i'm okay without that stuff in my life.

unless it's this then yeah skip it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Since the Red Skorpion Militia moved into your old prison HQ they've stolen, burned and raped everything in this valley. I mean EVERYTHING. My poor goat didn't walk right for a week!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
WL2 had so many ways to waste skill points. And I don't just mean by investing into underwhelming skills. If you didn't know the ins and and outs of the system, you could spend points in a way that gave you literally no benefit. Mechanical opaqueness disguised as roleplaying depth.

May 8, 2006

hmm an even dumber joke than i imagined.

WL3 hasn't gone that bad yet, just a lot of bandits-love-killing type poo poo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
ATOM RPG is a way better Fallout successor imo. Also it's coming out on Switch soon for anyone that has one of those (sadly I do not)

I also backed Wasteland 2 and did not play it very much. I know it's not trying to be a fallout successor but that is what I'd hoped for and sadly did not get :(

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

npc walked up to stux and said, "i know this is a wasteland but i didn't expect to find a wasteman", and then his monitor turned off

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

homeless snail posted:

npc walked up to stux and said, "i know this is a wasteland but i didn't expect to find a wasteman", and then his monitor turned on

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I made red lentil pasta for dinner.

By "made" I mean that I used premade red lentil rotini noodles and used a cheese sauce and added too much pesto so I hosed it up but eh, you win some you lose some, hopefully I'll make it better next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Rinkles posted:

WL2 had so many ways to waste skill points. And I don't just mean by investing into underwhelming skills. If you didn't know the ins and and outs of the system, you could spend points in a way that gave you literally no benefit. Mechanical opaqueness disguised as roleplaying depth.

This is one of those things where they tried to emulate the original Wasteland, a game with an infamous skill that literally had zero effect, and no one was there to tell them it was a bad idea.