Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

nakieon posted:

I know you asked someone else but I use a Talwar on my main since I don't have small laser skills, but my alt with Coercer II with faction Beams do just fine. Both the Talwar and Coercer has MWD, but I still get beat by the rare inty. I am honestly unsure which is faster, I think the Coercer II inches ahead on killing things faster BUT it's range is limited, so I can't clear waves while sitting by a cargo crate to start looting as soon as I can. I can do that on the Talwar, but killing is slower. So you're just fine with the C2 as long as you get a MWD - just don't move from spawn (until someone warps in, then absolutely wrestle over the loot and sit by a crate waiting to click loot*).

Cruiser will 100% be slower. I have never lost a cargo crate to a cruiser - only intys or other mwd destroyers. I do not recommend using the Omen for highsec farming where speed is of the essence.

Being on an emulator, sitting on a crate is important for me because it's very fast for me to loot and move on vs mobile players, I do not feel threatened at all when people hang at the crates and try to steal. Hell, I'm doing the stealing most of the time too!

*Don't hover over the loot button, the game appears to have a small delay in recognizing when a crate unlocks after the last enemy dies if you already clicked on a crate in overview to expand the options (like approach, orbit, loot, etc). To avoid this, hover over the crate in overview, as soon as the last enemy disappears from your locked/lockable targets area, press on the crate and click loot. Works everytime for me.

So built me a Talwar and found some quieter out of the way high sec areas and had a good run of some T1 scout anomalies and only ended up getting some drone bp's and a ton of datacores. It was a good run but as always other people ruined by killing bases. So after running around 6-8 scouts I was still able to make about 20 million isk while watching tv for a few hours. A++ would fly again. Thanks for the guide!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I guess commie fleets are dead

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

MaliciousOnion posted:

They are now HONK missions fleets, if something is censored we should use HONK in place of it, better if it's done with a sound board even on voice coms because that will be funny and not get old hearing goosesseseses honking all the time.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

pixaal posted:

They are now HONK missions fleets, if something is censored we should use HONK in place of it, better if it's done with a sound board even on voice coms because that will be funny and not get old hearing goosesseseses honking all the time.

Free Honk Kong.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Keegers posted:

Free Honk Kong.

Free Honk Honk

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

MaliciousOnion posted:

Fleets with Chinese Characteristics :china:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
so is there an actual conglomeration of GOONss now?

i remember when there were 30-40 people loving around on discord in various fleets, now it's dead empty in the two discords i'm in unless there is a 10 man ratting fleet going on

is there any presence left or did the drama schism break the GOONs interest

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i remember when there were 30-40 people loving around on discord in various fleets, now it's dead empty in the two discords i'm in unless there is a 10 man ratting fleet going on

nope it's all dead and closed down

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Yeah we're shut down

We all sold our accounts on eBay

You missed out

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I made $69

:honk:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

There were a few rough starts, mostly with people thinking this was going to be run the exact same and have the exact same rules as goons do in EVE Online. Goose is going to be the good group I feel it.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

There is a healthy number of Goons in Goosefleet (see op) with splatterings elsewhere in a pubbie/eve goons/forum goons mix depending on which split they belonged to and who they like and dont like.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

1001 Arabian dicks is Globby in Eve Online. He stole ~250 billion isk worth of stuff from goons there. His red text here on the forums is well-earned. Probably not a great decision to let him join goons in Echoes or put any sort of effort into responding to him... which probably means someone's already given him corp wallet access.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hello Sailor posted:

1001 Arabian dicks is Globby in Eve Online. He stole ~250 billion isk worth of stuff from goons there. His red text here on the forums is well-earned. Probably not a great decision to let him join goons in Echoes or put any sort of effort into responding to him... which probably means someone's already given him corp wallet access.

I mean, if he steals stuff that's fine. Pretty much the norm.

But having to actually respond to his broke brained whining should be a no go.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Yeah heads up to anyone coming to EE from EO, the goons in EE Goosefleet will kick you for stuff you can get away with saying in comms in EO.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Why are you capitalizing so much?

War decs don't exist, neither does Sov. Warp disrupters are also really expensive. This is the building phase. There's no need for giant discord fleets.

DRWN
Aug 29, 2020

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Yeah we're shut down

We all sold our accounts on eBay

You missed out

Mine is still available for $5 :(

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

nah, the drama schism broke us, no one plays anymore

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

nakieon posted:

it begins...

I'm now worth 3x what I was yesterday. Datacores are nice; but bring on those rare blueprints! I found a few that are worth 11m isk in a level 2 facility (I think it was an inquisitor).

Encounters can suck it.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

rocketrobot posted:

I'm now worth 3x what I was yesterday. Datacores are nice; but bring on those rare blueprints! I found a few that are worth 11m isk in a level 2 facility (I think it was an inquisitor).

Encounters can suck it.

Hell yeah dude. Glad to hear my guide is working out for folks. I know I saw you in that one dead-end system, I saw Clefairy in another, and I've seen more blues roaming. Pretty awesome!

(and yep, it was an Inquisitor - Inquisitors drop rig blueprints. Scouts drop datacores. I've always loved Inquisitors no matter where it is because there's always that possibility of expensive rigs, but Scouts in Caldari are serious money)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nakieon posted:

Hell yeah dude. Glad to hear my guide is working out for folks. I know I saw you in that one dead-end system, I saw Clefairy in another, and I've seen more blues roaming. Pretty awesome!

(and yep, it was an Inquisitor - Inquisitors drop rig blueprints. Scouts drop datacores. I've always loved Inquisitors no matter where it is because there's always that possibility of expensive rigs, but Scouts in Caldari are serious money)

What’s the fastest ship you can do this in? The C2 with a MWD?

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

Any destroyer works for your small skills - if you have small drone skills go Algo, missiles Talwar, laser C2, etc. Just fit a MWD and go to town.

That being said, you can't go wrong with an interceptor type ship but you will kill waves slower... but you will be able to beat everyone to every crate. Destroyers beat everyone except intys but they can clear waves faster.

Hope that answers your question?

(My main uses Talwar trainer, my alt uses C2, they both clear about the same time. I covered this in greater detail https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938701&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post507790965 if you want to read my full details on this)

(While writing this post I just got 60M worth of rigs in a single Inquisitor. This must mean you are one lucky fella! Get out there!)

nakieon fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 4, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nakieon posted:

Any destroyer works for your small skills - if you have small drone skills go Algo, missiles Talwar, laser C2, etc. Just fit a MWD and go to town.

That being said, you can't go wrong with an interceptor type ship but you will kill waves slower... but you will be able to beat everyone to every crate. Destroyers beat everyone except intys but they can clear waves faster.

Hope that answers your question?

(My main uses Talwar trainer, my alt uses C2, they both clear about the same time. I covered this in greater detail https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938701&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post507790965 if you want to read my full details on this)

(While writing this post I just got 60M worth of rigs in a single Inquisitor. This must mean you are one lucky fella! Get out there!)

This is perfect thank you so much!

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Range is a little more important than overall speed, unless you're stealing from pubbies.

I'm using a dragoon, which has a base speed that is 50ish m/s slower than a C2. However, I have a 30km drone range and stuck missile launchers on it as well. So, I can send the drones off at one target, missiles at another and they both melt almost instantly. This lets me clear out low level complexes crazy fast since I have an almost 30km drone control range and 28ish for missiles. The MWD is great for speeding from loot can to loot can. Otherwise, range is king.

tl;dr: You almost always need to be able to shoot 20km+ if you want to speed run. Beams just don't cut it.

aaand beaten

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Getting excited for the weekend; what's the drama/meltdown gonna be centered around this time?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Rust Martialis posted:

Yeah heads up to anyone coming to EE from EO, the goons in EE Goosefleet will kick you for stuff you can get away with saying in comms in EO.

Yeah imagine trying not to be shitlords and being inclusive. :ohdear:

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Yeah imagine trying not to be shitlords and being inclusive. :ohdear:

Expanding goon horizons since 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

Range is a little more important than overall speed, unless you're stealing from pubbies.

I'm using a dragoon, which has a base speed that is 50ish m/s slower than a C2. However, I have a 30km drone range and stuck missile launchers on it as well. So, I can send the drones off at one target, missiles at another and they both melt almost instantly. This lets me clear out low level complexes crazy fast since I have an almost 30km drone control range and 28ish for missiles. The MWD is great for speeding from loot can to loot can. Otherwise, range is king.

tl;dr: You almost always need to be able to shoot 20km+ if you want to speed run. Beams just don't cut it.

aaand beaten

OK this makes a lot of sense as well!

Edit: Wait how did you get a 30km drone range? I don't see that as one of the dragoon bonuses

Edit2: Ah a drone and missile tracking stuff. Got it!

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 4, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

don't be a shitter and you won't get kicked, hey!

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I mean you can get away with lots of different kinds of slurs in EO comms and nobody seems to care.
edit: I'm not implying that this is a good thing

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I fell asleep in an anom and woke up just in time to see my ship lose structure and explode.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Edit2: Ah a drone and missile tracking stuff. Got it!

And a rig I had laying around.

Rynder posted:

I fell asleep in an anom and woke up just in time to see my ship lose structure and explode.

This happened to me today when I got a phone call (who still does that?!) when I was in an Anom that I shouldn't have been bothering with. If I had left my armor rep running, I would have been fine. :(

rocketrobot fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 4, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

And a rig I had laying around.

Hmm those can get expensive but I guess the ROI on this is pretty good.

Just don’t get blown up lol

I’m already like 6 million deep at this point. A rig can’t hurt!

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Hmm those can get expensive but I guess the ROI on this is pretty good.

Just don’t get blown up lol

I’m already like 6 million deep at this point. A rig can’t hurt!

As per my above post, plan to get disconnected and have a cap stable set up where you can leave the armor rep running. I think shield reps turn off when you hit max shield. So, screw that.

rocketrobot fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 4, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

As per my above post, plan to get disconnected and have a cap stable set up where you can leave the armor rep running. I think shield reps turn off when you hit max shield. So, screw that.

The only issue is that at least with the dragoon and probably C2 if you use a MWD / drone and missile tracking you’ve got no slots left.

I can’t imagine these level 1 and 2s hit hard if they even get to you right?

Or is there a piece I’m missing here?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

The only issue is that at least with the dragoon and probably C2 if you use a MWD / drone and missile tracking you’ve got no slots left.

I can’t imagine these level 1 and 2s hit hard if they even get to you right?

Or is there a piece I’m missing here?

I was in a level 3 waiting for a respawn.

Drone mods are low slots. My set up is:
H: 2x missile launchers
M: 2x nos that I never use
L: MWD, Armor Rep, Drone damage module
Rigs: 1x drone range

I have drone 5 and advanced drone 2 or 3 for additional extra range.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

I was in a level 3 waiting for a respawn.

Drone mods are low slots. My set up is:
H: 2x missile launchers
M: 2x nos that I never use
L: MWD, Armor Rep, Drone damage module
Rigs: 1x drone range

I have drone 5 and advanced drone 2 or 3 for additional extra range.

Ok this helps I’ll play around with it and see how it feels. I don’t have hardly any drone skills but I could speed a few up for cheap.

Thanks! Seems like there’s quite a few options.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

rocketrobot posted:

Shield reps will continue to run if you hit max shield, so shield rep away :science:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

i have shot
the pirates
that were in
the base

and which
you were probably
saving
for anoms

forgive me