Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

I feel like peace of mind (and preventing similar situations from happening) is worth whatever lackluster DC projects were on the plate anyway.

Yeah, heaven forbid we won't get amazing stuff like his Watchmen DC crossover lol

Oh also, came across this tweet

https://twitter.com/notsofiacoppola/status/1278393387268272128?s=20

Just fire the dude already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

McCloud posted:

Yeah, heaven forbid we won't get amazing stuff like his Watchmen DC crossover lol

Oh also, came across this tweet

https://twitter.com/notsofiacoppola/status/1278393387268272128?s=20

Just fire the dude already

Yeah it would be one thing if he had brought some level of success to any of his projects but even if you like DCEU stuff they didn't do well enough for Warner Bros to justify defending anybody.
Like if Feige turned out to be a douche bag Disney would be well hosed but DC isn't exactly between a rock and a hard place and have been near teetering on starting over for years anyway.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wouldn't complain if Warner just handed the DCU over to Gunn.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

I wouldn't complain if Warner just handed the DCU over to Gunn.

I think now that he's back making Guardians 3, that probably won't happen.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah it would be one thing if he had brought some level of success to any of his projects but even if you like DCEU stuff they didn't do well enough for Warner Bros to justify defending anybody.
Like if Feige turned out to be a douche bag Disney would be well hosed but DC isn't exactly between a rock and a hard place and have been near teetering on starting over for years anyway.

Right. Josstice league was Geoffs second big chance at becoming a big shot in DC films and he blew it again, and his comic output has been lacklustre (the watchmen stuff was utterly forgettable, and the three jokers doesn't fill me with confidence either). They have little to lose by just booting him to the curb. Unless of course he's got some dirt on important folks.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

McCloud posted:

Right. Josstice league was Geoffs second big chance at becoming a big shot in DC films and he blew it again, and his comic output has been lacklustre (the watchmen stuff was utterly forgettable, and the three jokers doesn't fill me with confidence either). They have little to lose by just booting him to the curb. Unless of course he's got some dirt on important folks.

Given all the DC shake ups they may well decide Johns should get the boot. Especially if he has an expensive contract.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's been rumbles of further shakeups and Johns is not the golden boy anymore.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

You couldn't pay me enough to take that DC job

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

McCloud posted:

They have little to lose by just booting him to the curb. Unless of course he's got some dirt on important folks.

They already did to a degree, he hasn't been CCO at DC since 2018, ostensibly so he could focus on his production company (Stargirl in other words) but I seem to recall at the time there was some speculation that he got a polite boot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He stopped being the guy in charge of TV around then too I think?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So really, there's no reason to keep him around. Unless of course, they're afraid of MAD

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

This is gonna get very messy before this is all over.
https://news.avclub.com/warner-bros-issues-statement-pushing-back-against-ray-1844962515

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FlamingLiberal posted:

You couldn't pay me enough to take that DC job

Are you kidding, I would pay everything I own for the chance to Chaos Dunk that company.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

:sickos:

oh no whatever you do please don’t burn down dc’s leadership in an attempt to smear an actor just to save the mighty reputations of Geoff Johns and Joss Whedon

that would be just terrible

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Why wouldn't they throw Jon Berg under the bus? He doesn't work at Warner Bros anymore. Practically no one involved with the production of Justice League does.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

You know it's funny.
If it wasnt for Geoff John's decision to push Cyborg back when he was doing Flashpoint, then the character of Cyborg probably would never have ended up in the Justice League film, which might have meant Ray Fisher wouldn't have been hired to do Justice League. Which in turn might have saved Geoff John's job.

You have to laugh.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Deciding right now that Johns is worth of protection is really something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Deciding right now that Johns is worth of protection is really something.

Makes you wonder if there's some vile poo poo that will come out if they don't circle the wagons.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Why wouldn't they throw Jon Berg under the bus? He doesn't work at Warner Bros anymore. Practically no one involved with the production of Justice League does.

They offered to do just that. Hamada supposedly asked Ray to back off on Johns and they offered to toss Berg and Whedon on the sacrificial altar, and Ray supposedly told them to take a hike

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
At this point I think Fisher's going to have to give some details, since Warner is writing it off as "well he just didn't like how his character was written" and are probably just going to move on. The vagueness actually kind of hurts here.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

That's the thing, he's bound by an NDA so he can't openly talk about this stuff yet without risking a libel suit

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am curious about the whole 'he refused to meet with the third party investigator" thing. There is obviously something WB isn't saying about that statement and I'd like to know what because it's clearly them trying to make him look bad but I'd like to know what the actual story behind it is.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

McCloud posted:

That's the thing, he's bound by an NDA so he can't openly talk about this stuff yet without risking a libel suit

Breaking an NDA wouldn't have anything to do with opening him up to a libel suit, it's just breech of contract.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I am curious about the whole 'he refused to meet with the third party investigator" thing. There is obviously something WB isn't saying about that statement and I'd like to know what because it's clearly them trying to make him look bad but I'd like to know what the actual story behind it is.

It isn't exactly a hard talking point to manufacture.

"Let's meet in a crowded restaurant, no masks."
"No."
"HE REFUSED TO MEET WITH US!"

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

It isn't exactly a hard talking point to manufacture.

"Let's meet in a crowded restaurant, no masks."
"No."
"HE REFUSED TO MEET WITH US!"

Not too far off...

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1302304784846917638?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol Warner guy was stupid enough to think someone who's been blasting them for months on Twitter wouldn't keep receipts

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Good for Fisher for playing this smart

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress WB and anyone that takes their side.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

Lol Warner guy was stupid enough to think someone who's been blasting them for months on Twitter wouldn't keep receipts

Yeah I was expecting something like this. How loving stupid do you have to be to try to pull this poo poo against someone who was clearly expecting it.

WB is digging themselves into one hell of a whole to protect a mediocre comic writer.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, they seem to have slipped up bad here, they can't save face at all now that they've been caught out like this.

Also, another company can get easy points by making a big show of hiring Fisher for a project, a bit like when WB hired Gunn after Disney hosed it with the GOTG 3 situation. And I hope they do.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 5, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eh, those aren't really incompatible statements. It sounds like a brief meeting that he left (for good reasons) without discussing anything.

I want more drama.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
WB was clearly trying to give the impression that Fisher couldn't substantiate his accusations, when it looks more like they were trying to ambush him

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

More info from Ray

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEzfKhdpZDh/?igshid=1lomw91zjpgu7

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

It would appear that he's a bright and confident guy. Which is to say that it would appear that Warner Bros have hosed with the wrong guy.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
He shouldn't wear masks with vents on them though

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Karloff posted:

Yeah, they seem to have slipped up bad here, they can't save face at all now that they've been caught out like this.

Also, another company can get easy points by making a big show of hiring Fisher for a project, a bit like when WB hired Gunn after Disney hosed it with the GOTG 3 situation. And I hope they do.

Unfortunately the downside is other companies might be worried about being put on Blast by Fisher as well

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Catridgeblowers are you the same person who did hosting on sgdq a few weeks ago

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Madkal posted:

Unfortunately the downside is other companies might be worried about being put on Blast by Fisher as well

They don't have to be worried if they don't have abusive pieces of poo poo as directors.

Speaking of, Kiersey Clemons, AKA Iris West posted in support of Ray

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1304550999349231618?s=20

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Wonder Woman's been pushed back to Christmas time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Good. But also ugh, gently caress.