Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 70 46.36%
No 81 53.64%
Total: 151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nick Soapdish posted:

This is about the best response Joe can make concerning Q. Not like you're going to Logic Lord people who see shadows as enemies against children while ignoring actual child trafficking

He's kinda killing this presser from the clips I've seen - even talked about the double voting bullshit and the "lol nothing matters" aura Donnie has.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1301936305883021312?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's a pretty funny answer and as close as a good one as anyone could get without making the jerk off hand motion so not bad Joe

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

stealie72 posted:

Somewhere a biker for trump is removing the "POW/MIA Never Forgotten" patch from the back of his kutte.

TY for reminding me of this.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Lake of Methane posted:

nothing has better encapsulated the 50/60 year old conservative ego better than this

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
loving Esper really needs to pick out his tree branches better. This one got sawn off like a twig.

https://twitter.com/rabrowne75/status/1301969903289880584

Edit: Even Fox News confirmed the fuckin' thing.

https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/status/1301972417561141255

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 4, 2020

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The even better patch is the "Proud Family Member of a Vietnam Era Veteran"

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Lake of Methane posted:

Same energy as Biden constantly talking about how is son served in Iraq while Joe had "asthma" to disqualify him from the draft.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/BH_Friedman/status/1301975271285944321?s=20

I was listening to NPR while doing errands this morning and one of the reporters they had on made this point that is 100% DJT, "Trump acts at times as though he is an observer of his administration and not the head of it"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cultists- "He never said that stuff. He loves the troops. If he had, why did they stay anon? Checkmate, Libtard"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

Cultists- "He never said that stuff. He loves the troops. If he had, why did they stay anon? Checkmate, Libtard"

"Of course he said that. He was just testing to see who would blab to the media. loving 5d chess here, he's so far ahead of you it's not even funny."

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

"That's not like him- he loves the troops!"
::give short list of hosed up things he done to gently caress over the military, including deployment expansion::
"You're just a liberal with TDS!"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CainFortea posted:

"Of course he said that. He was just testing to see who would blab to the media. loving 5d chess here, he's so far ahead of you it's not even funny."

"If you run what he said through my Special Ovaltine QAnon Orphan Annie Kiddie Fucker Killer Decoder Ring using one of the fifty three special ciphers I developed, he said something completely different!"

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Arven posted:

The pictures look like they mag dumped into his car from every direction

... and some other pictures from twitter look like they did the typical cuff him and stand around while he bleeds out on the ground thing.

I've been out in the middle of nowhere with no news for a few days, this development is loving Insane i guess it was the obvious next step but hooooly poo poo. I know we're all super jaded and stuff but how are you all not more hosed up by this?? I think I'll just go back into the bush :psyduck:

E) sorry phoneposting makes my posts even more incoherant than normal

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I've been out in the middle of nowhere with no news for a few days, this development is loving Insane i guess it was the obvious next step but hooooly poo poo. I know we're all super jaded and stuff but how are you all not more hosed up by this?? I think I'll just go back into the bush :psyduck:

I'm not gonna lie--it just barely registers any more.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Did not know the Kiwis also try to keep the non-whites in moldy, crushing poverty

https://twitter.com/NZStuffPolitics/status/1301931295438635008?s=19

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Eej posted:

Did not know the Kiwis also try to keep the non-whites in moldy, crushing poverty

https://twitter.com/NZStuffPolitics/status/1301931295438635008?s=19

NZ, Aus, Can, and USA have a little overlap on that one.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Sup been in the middle of nowhere and came back to insanity buddy.
I just moved to Lacey, WA a month ago and just went on a 10 day anniversary trip to Bryce and Zion NPs. Coming back this has burst my bubble of America eventually getting back to normal. One of this threads posters had commented that his father was in Chile during the coup and how unarmed leftists would be murdered and left in the street by right wing militias. If armed leftists showed up the industrial military machine was dropped on them. I believe Trump is attempting his lazy fascism in typical Trump incompetent fashion.

As crazy as the history of Michael Rienhofel is this still was a political murder for revenge after the MAGA self defense killing in Portland.

I don't want to raise my mixed kids in America. I don't want to watch as decency and decorum continue to give rise to this orange skinned Putin copycat. I can just imagine the disputed election showing 51% Biden. But after all the insurrectionist violence in the streets after Trump declares fraud election and open season for his Y'all Qaeda, Biden will concede to bring America healing and progress. Then we are hosed with 4 more years. That's when the quiet parts go loud and official. That's why it's time to find a country that's willing to brain drain America and get the hell out while the getting is good. 3 months to election, 6 months to inauguration. I'm hoping that's enough time.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

There is a lot going around about the whacking of the Portland Shooter. The local Sheriff is doing an independent investigation (Ha!), because Marshall's Service didn't contact anyone, and it wasn't until locals inundated 911 with calls of a dozen armed men in Body Armor shooting that they found out it was the Fugitive Task Force. There were no body or dash cams.

A woman who lived next to the scene said that they just opened fire. There were no calls of Identification, and she said he didn't go for poo poo- they just opened up. She has since deleted the status, but it fits, since the Marshall's originally said he went for an AR, and are now saying he motioned for a handgun.

Also, https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1301977774052249602?s=20

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

drat, we are already at the extrajudicial killings phase? I need to update my charts! At this rate we all get handmaidens by Easter!

Pryor on Fire fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 5, 2020

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

TCD posted:

NZ, Aus, Can, and USA have a little overlap on that one.

Man, I wonder what's in the middle of that venn diagram.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

Football

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

A Bad Poster posted:

Awful schools for the poor? :confused:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

https://twitter.com/PaulDEaton52/status/1301694957170749441

BG Eaton was the commander of Fort Benning when I went through OCS and IOBC. Coming out swinging. Love it.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

A Bad Poster posted:

Familiarity

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

I know this poo poo has been covered but I want to vent to you folks anyways.

My Brother-in-law was one first Marines killed on 2003. Go to amazom and look up Tom Rick's book "Fiasco". The paperback cover is my BIL's body under that flag. He was a good dude. Son of immigrants he worked at loving Wendy's with my Sister in law, Joined the Marines to get the gently caress out of the cycle. Gets trained as a M249 gunner and killed on the first few days of the invasion. I think he was number 84 or so. Such a good dude. Just wanted a better life for himself and my SIL. From what I know he was shot in the back and because his IBA had no rear plates... you get the picture. Such a good guy.

I collect military crap and when I have a name I research it. Just kids, most of the time, doing what they thought best.

Then that POS in the White House says this. I hate this gently caress moron than anybody around me can possibly imagine. He shits on my glorious enlisted ancestors. Uncle Ralph may have been a drunk but goddammit he fought Nazis. I wear his dogtags nearly everyday.

I am so sick of moronic assholes with their "trump 2020" poo poo. I hate it and, frankly, I hate them.

Rant over. My wife took me to a nice bar earlier and I think I will watch Vicegrip Garage videos later. I'll also take a cheeseburger and a large sprite.

Burning Beard fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 5, 2020

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Burning Beard posted:

I know this poo poo has been covered but I want to vent to you folks anyways.

My Brother-in-law was one first Marines killed on 2003. Go to amazom and look up Tom Rick's book "Fiasco". The paperback cover is my BIL's body under that flag. He was a good dude. Son of immigrants he worked at loving Wendy's with my Sister in law, Joined the Marines to get the gently caress out of the cycle. Gets trained as a M249 gunner and killed on the first few days of the invasion. I think he was number 84 or so. Such a good dude. Just wanted a better life for himself and my SIL. From what I know he was shot in the back and because his IBA had no rear plates... you get the picture. Such a good guy.

I collect military crap and when I have a name I research it. Just kids, most of the time, doing what they thought best.

Then that POS in the White House says this. I hate this gently caress moron than anybody around me can possibly imagine. He shits on my glorious enlisted ancestors. Uncle Ralph may have been a drunk but goddammit he fought Nazis. I wear his dogtags nearly everyday.

I am so sick of moronic assholes with their "trump 2020" poo poo. I hate it and, frankly, I hate them.

Rant over. My wife took me to a nice bar earlier and I think I will watch Vicegrip Garage videos later. I'll also take a cheeseburger and a large sprite.

Fiasco is the book that changed me from a Republican to a Democrat. I was so sickened by the arrogant smugness of Cheney, Rummy and Wolfowicz I just couldn't identify with the party/ideology anymore.

Plates were indeed in short supply, I deployed without them myself. I'm sorry about your brother-in-law.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

This sums up my feelings, I don't understand why everyone is enraged all of a sudden

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1302040623218913290?s=20

Refusing to go to a WWI cemetery because it's raining is pretty on the nose I admit, but it's not like any of this is new.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Fiasco is the book that changed me from a Republican to a Democrat. I was so sickened by the arrogant smugness of Cheney, Rummy and Wolfowicz I just couldn't identify with the party/ideology anymore.

Plates were indeed in short supply, I deployed without them myself. I'm sorry about your brother-in-law.

I attended the Military History Instructor Course At Fort Leavenworth and I had the time of my life. The dude who talked to us about Army Press warned us about Rick and his book. Kinda funny. I used it in my class that I teach.

Juan was a very good guy. He enjoyed the Marines, as much as you can. I wish he was still here. I could give him him poo poo about Terminal Lance. Oh, and Mexican jokes. He was all about that.

Sorry guys, I will post happier stuff tomorrow. Ever heard about the Morro Castle? Good story.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Pryor on Fire posted:

This sums up my feelings, I don't understand why everyone is enraged all of a sudden

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1302040623218913290?s=20

Refusing to go to a WWI cemetery because it's raining is pretty on the nose I admit, but it's not like any of this is new.

"I don't know why you guys are angry when he said military cemeteries are full of losers and suckers," he said in a room full of people who personally know people buried in military cemeteries.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

McNally posted:

"I don't know why you guys are angry when he said military cemeteries are full of losers and suckers," he said in a room full of people who personally know people buried in military cemeteries.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

McNally posted:

x10000

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
My mom normally shares Fox and Breitbart poo poo every day on Facebook but she hasn't posted a single thing today.

I'm hoping seeing this "new" stuff from Trump about the military is making her reconsider things, especially since shes also a veteran herself.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pryor on Fire posted:

It's a difference in scale. He's poo poo on Gold Star families that yelled at him and poo poo on John McCain. It was usually some twisted version of reciprocity.

making GBS threads on military war dead is something completely new. There were lots of tone-deaf quotes about him not understanding things like military honor and selfless service, but a flat-out making GBS threads on war dead was not something we knew about before.

So that's leading to a lot of things like this:

https://twitter.com/Captsully/status/1301998166036877313?s=19

Motherfucker made Captain Sully go on a tweetstorm.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

A Bad Poster posted:

The english

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

I get what you're going for; after all the heinous poo poo he's done, why does particular thing - which is completely in character for him and perfectly mirrors things he has said in the past - suddenly have people up in arms?

It's because in people's minds, particularly on the right, the military is synonymous with America. It may be just bullshit, knee-jerk troop worship, where they don't really give two shits about how we're used or what happens to us, but the idea of "supporting the troops" is so ingrained that it's become an American cultural norm.

It's a political given that, at the very least, you need to pay lip-service to the heroism and sacrifice of those wounded or killed in action. Trump could get away with insulting McCain because it was one specific guy who opposed Trump. Now he's categorically called every POW, WIA and KIA losers and suckers. It's pretty much blasphemy against the American civil religion.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McNally posted:

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

I'm not arguing you shouldn't be pissed off, but this is the guy who whined about the press and said we should be stealing Iraq's oil on day two? of his presidency in front of the CIA wall of stars. The pattern is pretty clear by now.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

https://twitter.com/Captsully/status/1301998167030890505?s=20

https://twitter.com/Captsully/status/1301998168192757772?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Pryor on Fire posted:

I'm not arguing you shouldn't be pissed off, but this is the guy who whined about the press and said we should be stealing Iraq's oil on day two? of his presidency in front of the CIA wall of stars. The pattern is pretty clear by now.

It's one thing to know that the Emperor has no clothes, it's quite another to see his dick swinging in the wind.