Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

D1E posted:

FREE STEAM KEY FOR CATHERINE CLASSIC - Be the first person to quote this post and I will PM you the key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

D1E posted:

FREE STEAM KEY FOR GENERATION ZERO - Be the first person to quote this post and I will PM you the key.

Oh hey I'm interested in this

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sent!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Bruteman posted:

Oh hey I'm interested in this

Sent!

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

D1E posted:

FREE STEAM KEY FOR YOOKA-LAYLEE AND THE IMPOSSIBLE LAIR - Be the first person to quote this post and I will PM you the key.
I'd enjoy this I think.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Darkhold posted:

I'd enjoy this I think.

Sent!

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Thank you!

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Thank you!

As for something different does anyone know how family sharing works if there's more then one copy of a game?

For instance I have Stardew on my account and on my wife's account. My son has sharing with both accounts. Yet when he's playing stardew if I use my library it kicks him out. Is there a way to force it to use my wife's account as the share source?

Edit: Oh in case someone mentions it I know there's ways to launch Stardew without using STEAM DRM or offline mode but I can see this being a problem in the future with other games between the four of us so if there's other ways I'd like to know.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Sep 5, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thanks d1e, I've heard a lot about this but never played it!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Darkhold posted:

Thank you!

As for something different does anyone know how family sharing works if there's more then one copy of a game?

For instance I have Stardew on my account and on my wife's account. My son has sharing with both accounts. Yet when he's playing stardew if I use my library it kicks him out. Is there a way to force it to use my wife's account as the share source?

Edit: Oh in case someone mentions it I know there's ways to launch Stardew without using STEAM DRM but I can see this being a problem in the future with other games between the four of us.
Sorry, can't be done according to the Steam support page:

quote:

Can I share specific games?

No, libraries are shared in their entirety. You aren't able to select specific games to share or exclude.

Additionally, for users that are borrowing multiple Steam Libraries, they will be unable to choose who they borrow a game from.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Ahh thanks for that. That's a shame.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D1E posted:

FREE STEAM KEY FOR STRANGE BRIGADE - Be the first person to quote this post and I will PM you the key.

This one is still available.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

D1E posted:

FREE STEAM KEY FOR GENERATION ZERO - Be the first person to quote this post and I will PM you the key.

E: way too slow!

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

D1E posted:

FREE STEAM KEY FOR STRANGE BRIGADE - Be the first person to quote this post and I will PM you the key.

I'd like to give this a shot! Thank you.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

D1E posted:

I'll give it a shot

E: So close.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

tight aspirations posted:

I'd like to give this a shot! Thank you.

Sent!

Sorry everyone else - all out of keys for now. Check back in here on/around the first Friday of each month where I give out extra Humble Choice keys for games I already own. FYI the reason I don't just post the keys themselves is because they would get lurked in an instant, and I don't know the current status of the paywall for the Games subforum... I want to be sure the games go to goons.

Have a great weekend!

D1E fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Sep 5, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

D1E posted:

Sent!

Sorry everyone else - all out of keys for now.

I would consider editing the posts on the last page so people (like me) don't see them and get excited

edit: vvv QED

Morter fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 5, 2020

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

D1E posted:

FREE STEAM KEY FOR CATHERINE CLASSIC - Be the first person to quote this post and I will PM you the key.
This would be really cool, thanks!

e: f; b, didn't notice. Still, it's nice of you.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

RodShaft posted:

I'll give it a shot

E: So close.

Thank you, Strange Brigade!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

D1E posted:

FREE STEAM KEY FOR YOOKA-LAYLEE AND THE IMPOSSIBLE LAIR - Be the first person to quote this post and I will PM you the key.

Would like this please

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Can you get wishlist sale notifications through the iOS app? I don't see such an option. The app isn't great in general.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

Can you get wishlist sale notifications through the iOS app? I don't see such an option. The app isn't great in general.

I get the push notifications but my wishlist only actually loads maybe 10 percent of the time. It’s like when i tap the “confirm an action on Steam” one- I still have to go to “confirmations” from the menu to get it to load properly. The app sucks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
the hulkamania has begun

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AFAIK there is no way to see your wishlist in the iOS app.

It’s hilariously bad.

It works but it’s not pretty.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

It’s hilariously bad.

Go to your profile, click games, use the drop down menu, hope that at no point during this it just fails to load a page.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

It's way better to just set up your own notifications on isthereanydeal. Might have to route them to your email, but you have more control and the deals are more comprehensive.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Ultrakill is so loving sweet. None of the other New Blood Interactive games completely grabbed me but this did, immediately.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Darkhold posted:

Thank you!

Edit: Oh in case someone mentions it I know there's ways to launch Stardew without using STEAM DRM or offline mode but I can see this being a problem in the future with other games between the four of us so if there's other ways I'd like to know.

If your son is not playing Stardew (or really any other game) online, he can just disconnect his computer from the internet (not offline mode) and just play whatever he wants without worrying about getting booted out by you guys.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

I knew i shoulda taken a picture, got the same thing

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

I knew i shoulda taken a picture, got the same thing

Valve are just lackadaisical about giving a poo poo

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If anyone else is planning on getting the KoA remake, it looks like it’ll be half off if you own the original, and that stacks with the 10 percent launch discount. Still no preorder.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Humble Monthly is only $12 for new people. I know people were saying this month isn't great but I'm eyeing Lethal League Blaze. Are you committed to the subscription for __ amount of time or can you start/stop anytime?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

There are some promotions where the rate is really cheap but it reverts to normal price as soon as you pause a month. Other than that you just have to make sure you're not doing automatic billing or else you have to pause every month or else they will autocharge you the last friday of the month.

e: also, if you have never subscribed before, take a look at the recent non-monthly bundles. I think they all come with a coupon for your first month free at certain price tiers.

Call Your Grandma fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 5, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MarcusSA posted:

It’s hilariously bad.

Go to "Profile" under "You and Friends" in the menu, scroll all the way down to the bottom and it says in small print "View All Recently Played | Wishlist | Reviews"

It's there, and not that hard to get to once you know where it is, but every time I want to find it on iOS it takes me a few minutes of poking around to remember where it is. And its super dumb that it is not just right up front somewhere because I buy a ton of stuff on PC based on me checking my wishlist every so often and seeing what is on sale.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

If the app wasn't completely rear end I'd probably spend more money on steam, so big oversight there.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

So this was just announced and looks interesting:

Graven, a "immersive sim heretic/hexen" from 3D realms Slipgate Ironworks and published by 3D Realms.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1371690/GRAVEN/

Reveal trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmGeq_mjrH4

First 10 min of gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMUi-slp13c
feat. smashing boxes out of dockworkers hands, smashing chairs people are sitting on, lighting cargo on fire and a hotbar(!)

quote:

Heed the Creator by hunting down the foul heretical sects responsible for conjuring plagues and twisting the natural order of the seasons. Blending action, exploration, and puzzle-solving, GRAVEN takes cues from classic shooters, immersive sims, and action RPGs alike. Journey across three expansive, open-ended regions, and scour the lands to purge evil.

Carefully observe a reactive world to find the way: with a journal, the player drives the exploration instead of following waypoints. Listen to townsfolks’ woes and slay the monsters responsible for their torment. Banish over thirty distinct enemies from plagued madmen to swamp beasts with powerful sorceries such as wild blasts of lightning and scorching rays of flame. Solve environmental puzzles with those same powers, altering the world with spells.

Flimf fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 5, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That does look very cool! With the latest wave of retro shooters, I knew it was only a matter of time before somebody tried to do Hexen.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
*pounding fork and knife on table* MORE IMMERSIVE SIMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol 3DRealms