Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

fartknocker posted:

The rumors were him with Tomi, not Loomer.

Also that’s a good cow.

ITT I realized I was confusing Looked with Lahren this entire time.

E: gently caress pretend derek_lokey_chipmunk.jpg is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Catching up on hard knocks and my favorite poo poo is rivals at the peak of their game becoming friends. The harris-allen chunk was like catnip to me

Edit: hard knocks has me so worked up over the Chargers and I already liked allen and ekeler and tyrod (and Derwin RIP) and the powder blues so poo poo gently caress it AFC rooting interest lets fuckin go

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Sep 5, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well this has to be the incontrovertible proof.

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1302218643858755584

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1302220085608812544?s=20

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I'd take Rosen on NE as a reclamation project

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nodoze posted:

I'd take Rosen on NE as a reclamation project

What an indictment of Belichick’s post Brady plans if it comes to this.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

m i t c h

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1302253179342671875

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1302253363262881795

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That is a lot of money.

He's worth it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, getting a #1 overall QB to be your starter and a top 10 to be your backup seems like a clear upgrade over that sixth rounder they were tossing onto the field.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Franchise QB's dont grow on trees unfortunately, and they traded the last one they found to the 49ers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Man, if only he had a #1 WR to throw to.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Maybe there's some secret ingredient that a private chef for a multi million dollar person has, But just via the eyeball test that's a pretty sad looking steak.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1302260726493478912

The Texans are spending a TON of a money to solidify a mediocre team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Today is cutdown day and while it makes perfect sense I had no idea until I randomly came across something noting that.

This doomed season is weird as all hell.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BoB will trade him for a conditional 3rd, two 5ths, and a 7th within 18 months, then trade his own 2nd for Taysom Hill or Trubisky.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hes worth every penny, its sad hes gonna be part of the Texans though instead of team that doesnt have BoB.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Today is cutdown day and while it makes perfect sense I had no idea until I randomly came across something noting that.

This doomed season is weird as all hell.

I don't know if it's just me not having a TV so I don't have it on ESPN or whatever, but I feel like there's been an absolute dearth of football coverage on the Internet. There's barely any buzz, all the websites I usually check (SBNation, ESPN, Sports Illustrated) add maybe one single article a day, even Twitter doesn't have much talk about the upcoming season going on.

You'd think in a year where so many people are sitting at home they'd be cranking out content like mad for all the hungry eyeballs.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

E: nvm new posts

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 5, 2020

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't know if it's just me not having a TV so I don't have it on ESPN or whatever, but I feel like there's been an absolute dearth of football coverage on the Internet. There's barely any buzz, all the websites I usually check (SBNation, ESPN, Sports Illustrated) add maybe one single article a day, even Twitter doesn't have much talk about the upcoming season going on.

You'd think in a year where so many people are sitting at home they'd be cranking out content like mad for all the hungry eyeballs.

It’s not just you. The lack of preseason, teams practicing together, and normal, open training camps has really clamped down on most of the usual stories we’d be getting prior to the start of the season, as well as reporter access in some places. With NBA and NHL in their playoff bubbles right now, that draws attention away, plus, ya know, general 2020 HellWorld stuff that’s even dominating sports media.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears starting quarterback mitch trubisky is a Big Story

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Somehow I never realized the Dolphins have a Cowboys-like approach with their home jerseys.

https://twitter.com/reinhurdler/status/1302249878089801734?s=21

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

Somehow I never realized the Dolphins have a Cowboys-like approach with their home jerseys.

Wearing white at home when it’s often 90°+ and a billion percent humidity is a a thing. I think a bunch of other teams in warm cities do it as well for the same reason.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
That is a lot of goddamn money for the 10th or so best quarterback in the league.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Patrick Spens posted:

That is a lot of goddamn money for the 10th or so best quarterback in the league.

i know this is really weird because of their relative draft position, but i have been thinking about it and would trade deshaun watson straight up for mitchell trubisky

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i know this is really weird because of their relative draft position, but i have been thinking about it and would trade deshaun watson straight up for mitchell trubisky

Forget those late drafted losers, if you had to do it over again Trubisky or Fournette?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

https://twitter.com/frankgore/status/1301709608638185472?s=20

Looking forward to Frank Gore and his offspring playing in the NFL until I die

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MakaVillian posted:

https://twitter.com/frankgore/status/1301709608638185472?s=20

Looking forward to Frank Gore and his offspring playing in the NFL until I die

Frank Gore needs to hang around until his son is drafted so we can have an all Frank Gore backfield.

Frank Sr. will continue to gain 3.7 YPC until the heat death of the universe.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

fartknocker posted:

Wearing white at home when it’s often 90°+ and a billion percent humidity is a a thing. I think a bunch of other teams in warm cities do it as well for the same reason.

Yeah it's fun seeing all the whiter jerseys on the left side the graph for each hot-weather outdoors team

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Give him 42m/yr you cowards

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

At the very least pick up that 5th year option before he plays a game this season!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Give him 42m/yr you cowards

Man Pat's looking like he weighs about twice what everyone else does with that angle and flak jacket.

Also I wiki'd Mitch and I'd completely forgotten this if I ever knew it in the first place:

quote:

Trubisky is nicknamed "Mr. Biscuit" as a play on his name

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Patrick Spens posted:

This cannot be about Watson

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

How many SB MVPs did Mahomes and Watson had to beat before being named starters in a given season? That's right, none. Just give him his dues

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“Their own”
*posts a list with a guy they sold the farm for*

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fsif posted:

I initially thought these were digital camo swatches before I read and thought this was a new turn for their armed forces poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1302281938837831680

:shrug: ok?

I mean if he could actually play he'd 100% be the starter right now wouldn't he? It ain't like he's going to grow a new leg in the next few months.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Grittybeard posted:

Also I wiki'd Mitch and I'd completely forgotten this if I ever knew it in the first place:

quote:

Trubisky is nicknamed "Mr. Biscuit" as a play on his name
<-----------------------------------------------------------
___________________________________________________|
Somebody go edit that and change it to his real nickname

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So what's the next worst spot Rosen could possibly end up for his third go-round? Ah,

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1302293605999149056?s=21

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

nerve posted:

This cannot be about Watson

Jackson
Prescott
Mahomes
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson

Are all comfortably better then him and

Stafford
Newton
Carr

Are certainly arguable. So yeah, 10th or so best in the league. You want to say he's the 8th best that's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Patrick Spens posted:

Jackson
Prescott
Mahomes
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson

Are all comfortably better then him and

Stafford
Newton
Carr

Are certainly arguable. So yeah, 10th or so best in the league. You want to say he's the 8th best that's fine.

Jackson
Mahomes
Wilson
Watson/Prescott/Maybe Brees

I'd put Cousins before Carr tbh.