Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I use the healing skills over smoothies every time because it's an exercise that I wouldn't otherwise do. I'm starting to prefer the custom mode for that reason - there's a lot of exercises I'd like to do that don't make sense to do often within the framework of the RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Speaking of the RPG, I just got through bufflord in Sporta (that gives me a giggle ngl) and it's been a long while since I've seen a new exercise. How are those attained, by level (28)?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Ciaphas posted:

Speaking of the RPG, I just got through bufflord in Sporta (that gives me a giggle ngl) and it's been a long while since I've seen a new exercise. How are those attained, by level (28)?
You’ll keep getting new exercises through level 60ish and will be able to unlock more through the skill tree, which you should be getting soon.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

You get a new exercise about every 3 levels, and then at level 40 you also unlock a skill tree where you unlock more (and the skill tree expands at level 65).

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
When do I get to have more attacks in my battle inventory

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

When you unlock the skill tree it'll let you get more slots. I think you get 3 or 4 more?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You get ten slots eventually. I think those are also on the skill tree. I’m on like lv 290 and I’m about to complete the skill tree lol

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there an actual tolerable level to grind out dragon fruit? I now there's one or two levels in the main campaign that give like, one or two at a time. But is there a better place in NG+? I mean I'm around level 230 now so it's not NEEDED but.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I wouldn’t even bother. You’ll get more out of grinding carrots or persimmons for 2x exp drinks. Once you have everything you want from the skill tree you’ll likely be so powerful you won’t care any more.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I wish they’d add more songs for the music mode. Nintendo has so much good music they could pull from their vault!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
For the titles that require you do specific moves X amount of times, can you earn them in Custom mode too? I've only ever really done the adventure (and a bit of the rhythm game) and healing moves in particular would require a lot of grinding to have used them enough times

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I wouldn’t even bother. You’ll get more out of grinding carrots or persimmons for 2x exp drinks. Once you have everything you want from the skill tree you’ll likely be so powerful you won’t care any more.

Fair yeah. I actually do need some of those. I was going back through old missions to clear out any special reward ones (that aren't gems, or coins.) And I ran out of XP drinks. And there a an XP hoplin fight taunting me in Finalia. At least I'm through the pile, although I am missing a piece of one outfit despite clearing out all the levels. (Levels being the checkmarks, missions are the faces.)

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'll never 100% the game gym optional missions, some of those are bullshit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I feel like Dreadmill shows the limits of what the JoyCon is able to track, that is the one game that feels so bad to do

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, that's a bad one. Squattery Wheel is the bane of my existence - the game itself, not just the optional missions. The Core Crushing and Smack Back missions are the ones that convinced me not to bother with those anymore, as I don't have precise enough control to have a 100% round of either. Other than that, most of the minigames are just too easy and don't feel like a real workout compared to the exercise sets.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Meanwhile, at the rookie levels: falls over attempting Tree Pose

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ciaphas posted:

Fellow rookie here, the parachute mini game can go gently caress itself. It's not the exercise that sucks, it's the control.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Fellow rookie here, the parachute mini game can go gently caress itself. It's not the exercise that sucks, it's the control.

What I did was, aim where you need to go, then stop stretching the ring con. Only do adjustments as needed. This will get you through them much quicker and you aren't tiring yourself out by stretching the ring con all the drat time.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

organburner posted:

What I did was, aim where you need to go, then stop stretching the ring con. Only do adjustments as needed. This will get you through them much quicker and you aren't tiring yourself out by stretching the ring con all the drat time.

Yeah, I figured this out pretty fast, it’s just the inverted aiming doesn’t wire itself to my brain right so I end up going the wrong direction all the time

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yeah, I figured this out pretty fast, it’s just the inverted aiming doesn’t wire itself to my brain right so I end up going the wrong direction all the time

Oh, well then, yeah that is a problem. I don't recall there being many places where the minigames are mandatory, thank god, because some of them can go straight to hell in my experience. Never gonna 100% this game because of them.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah, that's a bad one. Squattery Wheel is the bane of my existence - the game itself, not just the optional missions. The Core Crushing and Smack Back missions are the ones that convinced me not to bother with those anymore, as I don't have precise enough control to have a 100% round of either. Other than that, most of the minigames are just too easy and don't feel like a real workout compared to the exercise sets.

I never have much problem with those, for whatever reason. I don't even mind the squatting and holding in Squattery Wheel.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Ciaphas posted:

These, however, are dead on (as is Dreadmill, the input lag on which can go suck a dick).

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The other real nightmare I’ve had is thigh presses.

For some reason it takes like ten minutes to get the game to recognize that yes I am in position and the ring is between my legs gently caress you why won’t it register.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Sudden Javelin posted:

For the titles that require you do specific moves X amount of times, can you earn them in Custom mode too? I've only ever really done the adventure (and a bit of the rhythm game) and healing moves in particular would require a lot of grinding to have used them enough times

Yep, I've been doing custom mode for a while and I keep unlocking those titles.

CaptainPsyko posted:

The other real nightmare I’ve had is thigh presses.

For some reason it takes like ten minutes to get the game to recognize that yes I am in position and the ring is between my legs gently caress you why won’t it register.

I do these all the time and I've never had trouble with it. Are you lightly squeezing the ring once you're in position? It seems to want it to be under a little bit of pressure before it'll start, I guess to make sure you aren't about to drop it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It took me a bit to get used to what the game wanted me to do to register the start of each exercise. The key is to hold COMPLETELY still while it's doing the 1-2-3 countdown. Any movement and it'll force you to start over. The only one I consistently still have trouble now with is chair pose, and even then it's not that bad.

But yeah you need to be lightly pressing in on the ring with thigh presses and then freeze for it to register.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The worst minigame is the one where you have to hit frisbees back at robots to destroy them. And then there's the gym mission that requires you to do it perfectly without a single screw up.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sudden Javelin posted:

Just confirmed, yes, you do. I did a custom workout this morning and unlocked 2 titles. You just get a lot less fanfare than with the adventure mode.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Mordiceius posted:

The worst minigame is the one where you have to hit frisbees back at robots to destroy them. And then there's the gym mission that requires you to do it perfectly without a single screw up.

I watched my partner do this mission for an hour at a time for three days before pulling it off and I just... skipped it. Some of the requests are just silly and there's no point.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Man I feel weird. I've seen that particular mission called out several times. I did it in like... 3 attempts I think?

Meanwhile, the bomb-box-exploding one (Crate... something?) is the one I hate. That and parachutes. And Dreadmill. I'm not especially fond of the one where you squeeze the ring to break the robots, either, although that's just because my mental coordination isn't up to the task.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The one that killed me was the Gluting Gallery one where you can’t collect gold coins but you basically can’t miss any other coins. Took me two sessions to realize I was doing my overhead side bends wrong to the point that I probably could have injured myself. Silver lining I guess.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
That one where you parachute down through rings has my triceps sore for days

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm pretty sure the whack-a-mole game requires a perfect to get an S Rank, and so I will never get it

Someday I hope to get them on the advanced crate game and the one where you smack rows of robots but you have to go insanely fast on both of those as far as I can tell

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordiceius posted:

More than one of those actually! It comes up at least twice. And yes gently caress that minigame.
Annoying but doable are the squat jump one, and the "spin ring whack-a-mole" one. Where you have to *avoid* the gold and hit a score req. Especially the jump one.

Oh, and the perfect Bank Balance one. THat was also annoying as heck.

e-

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The one that killed me was the Gluting Gallery one where you cant collect gold coins but you basically cant miss any other coins.

That one yes!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Today was the first day I gave up mid-fight. I'd done leg-focused exercises mostly on a whim for 10 minutes, then on to world 4

"you may only use these single-target leg exercises"

i'll, uh, come back tomorrow

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Does the game ever change up the opening dynamic stretches or is it always gonna be knee lift->heel lift->lunge->side-leans?

More general fitness question, too. My lower body's all DOMSed out. I'm told exercising it anyway won't cause harm, but is it worth even trying to exercise that part anyway or should I just lay off 'til tomorrow?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Opening dynamic stretch is always the same, cool down stretch picks from a pool supposedly based on what body areas you focused on during your session.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

It did focus entirely on my lower body yesterday after doing legs-lady's stage, so I guess that lines up

The last few sessions I've only finished one stage before the game waves me off, at about 10 minutes moving :\ I'm plenty knackered afterward mind you, especially on an imbalanced day like yesterday, but I still wonder if I should be going for one more stage, or something. Last time I tried that I had to give up mid-fight

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Decided the game didn't know any better and got thru 2 stages anyway, but oh god gently caress mountain climbers

Perhaps the game & I were both right AND wrong all along !!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah every once in a while I think I'm ready for mountain climbers and I put them back in my skills

I'm never ready for mountain climbers

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

The trick I had for Smack Back was relying less on the visual and more on the audio and moving in time with the music. Perfect timing on the discs is always on the beat of the song, so I turn down voice and SFX in the sounds menu and also tap my foot to keep time. I also found the ring tracks the movements a bit better if moving from side to side instead of twisting around the body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

Decided the game didn't know any better and got thru 2 stages anyway, but oh god gently caress mountain climbers

Perhaps the game & I were both right AND wrong all along !!

I think my last session ended around that same part.

Is there some kinda trick to doing thigh presses without losing grip on the ring? It’s not even that hard to do but the dang thing slips and I think I’ve seen people on twitch playing that have the same issue.