Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

platzapS posted:

real rule of boating i heard is "Never buy a boat. Make a friend who has a boat."

The two happiest days in a boat owners life are they day they buy it and the day they sell it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
totes empathizing with all those common, blue-collar folk with big loving yachts

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

literally the only rule about boating in the state of Texas is don't let your under 13 year old behind the wheel of a boat for any reason whatsoever

lol do they even have channel markers in that dumb lake

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

i try to give useful advice for the average cspamer

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

platzapS posted:

real rule of boating i heard is "Never buy a boat. Make a friend who has a boat."

The boaters rights guy started the group just so he can spend all day on boats without having to own one, as he does not

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol do they even have channel markers in that dumb lake

Nah it's a new deal resevior so there probably no actual commercial traffic that would need channels

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I can't stop laughing at this picture.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

platzapS posted:

My dad was a big beautiful boater for a while so I concur with this advice. It was fun for a while but he was so psyched when he found someone to buy his last boat.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

The boaters rights guy started the group just so he can spend all day on boats without having to own one, as he does not
lol @ class society

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lord of Pie posted:

didn't know laura loomer was related to bin laden

not fair, that lady is nowhere near as ugly as LL

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thoguh posted:

I can't stop laughing at this picture.

Can we get just as much footage of this as possible

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Never buy a boat.

Never buy a timeshare.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

wow p messed up of that dude to sink all those beautiful boats with scale replica deck canons

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/WideAsleepNima/status/1302341568003821570

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i might buy like a 12 foot flat bottom boat when i move to portland. something i can just throw on top of my truck or whatever.

never buy a boat with a motor

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

that looks like me

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

taking their big beautiful boat ride across the styx

mystes
May 31, 2006

Plinkey posted:

The two happiest days in a boat owners life are they day they buy it and the day they sink it in a Trump flotilla

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if you look through these most of the smaller ski boats are overloaded, usually they have a max capacity of like 6 or ~2000-2500lb people and gear

https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20200905/PHOTOGALLERY/905009991/PH/1

mystes
May 31, 2006

What's the deal with this? Did Trump literally sneak it in?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Plinkey posted:

if you look through these most of the smaller ski boats are overloaded, usually they have a max capacity of like 6 or ~2000-2500lb people and gear

https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20200905/PHOTOGALLERY/905009991/PH/1

theyre also not particularly stable in any sort of chop and are literally designed to create as much wake as possible for ski and wakeboard tricks

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Squizzle posted:

taking their big beautiful boat ride across the styx

charon would like to speak with lake travis's manager

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
did anyone post SUNK yet

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Why do a ton of these old paintings of groups of people in distress or battle always have a couple of guys whose pants have fallen off or disintegrated in the heat of the moment? Is it to show the indignity of the pantsless?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

theyre also not particularly stable in any sort of chop and are literally designed to create as much wake as possible for ski and wakeboard tricks

yeah i grew up on boats like that and if you don't know how to approach someone else's wake thats much bigger than you, or don't trim it out right they are pretty unstable

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
imagine being some son of a pool supply store owner and you go to UT and get sent home after three days because you were videoed licking doorknobs at a keg party, and you think to yourself "well at least i can get some ski time in" and you come home on labor day weekend to find out that your dad sunk the boat three hours before you got there at a trump rally

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
A Christique of Pure Reason

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1302308518494703621

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Why do a ton of these old paintings of groups of people in distress or battle always have a couple of guys whose pants have fallen off or disintegrated in the heat of the moment? Is it to show the indignity of the pantsless?

comic relief

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

imagine being some son of a pool supply store owner and you go to UT and get sent home after three days because you were videoed licking doorknobs at a keg party, and you think to yourself "well at least i can get some ski time in" and you come home on labor day weekend to find out that your dad sunk the boat three hours before you got there at a trump rally

you have painted for us a words picture of great beauty

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Gazpacho posted:

did anyone post SUNK yet

SUMP

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
if it does to come to open bloody civil war i call navy

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
had an incredibly long fantasy adventure dream where i was desperately trying to find out the name of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNo2-viKfW8

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
BOAT:

Bust
Out
Another
TORP

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/dealerofcancer/status/1302344964861554690

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

mystes posted:

What's the deal with this? Did Trump literally sneak it in?

Yeah this seems suspiciously like he's managed to trick someone else, which I have a hard time believing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

where are the videos of boats sinking