Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

The finish was good, but the five or so minutes of Sydal dying, fireworks making me laugh harder than the Swole/Baker match, and Darby dying really killed it for me, and I thought the work before was all right but not amazing.

I guess I just reserve WMOTY for matches that were actively terrible not good matches with two or so bad spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Well it's now in the OP as one of the few matches to be successfully nominated as both a MOTYC AND a WMOTYC

really it's for the best, this will get the maximum amount of eyes on Brian Cage being a badass flying mammoth and Darby Allin dying

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
MOTYC Hikaru Shida vs. Thunder Rosa - All Out 2020 - 9/5/2000 - Holy loving poo poo. What a loving match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Hikaru Shida (C) vs. Thunder Rosa for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW All Out 9/5

Two champions going at it in a really high quality and competitive match that made both look great.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC Hikaru Shida vs. Thunder Rosa - All Out 2020 - 9/5/2000 - Holy loving poo poo. What a loving match.

nth

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

Hell yes nth

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

SalTheBard posted:

one of the best womens matches to happen in the USA ever, Nth.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

I guess I just reserve WMOTY for matches that were actively terrible not good matches with two or so bad spots.

That's fair. I usually do too, but those spots were so atrocious that they blew the match for me.

Anyway: HM: Shida vs. Thunder Rosa, that was pretty drat fun

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

YUP

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Yup, MOTYC level.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

nth.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

Nth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Hikaru Shida vs. Thunder Rosa, AEW All Out, 05/09

Would probably be MOTYC if me and the crowd weren't still dealing with the previous match

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hikaru Shida (C) vs. Thunder Rosa for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW All Out 9/5

Two champions going at it in a really high quality and competitive match that made both look great.

i'll be a miser. n

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Nth. Just outstanding.

Hire Thunder Rosa Coward Tony.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Sign Thunder Rosa Coward Tony

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

SalTheBard posted:

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hm: Shida/Rosa

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM Hikaru Shida vs. Thunder Rosa - All Out 2020 - 9/5/2000

would have been better if the crowd wasn't still worried by the last match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

Nth.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

SalTheBard posted:

I agree, that was tremendous.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

HM: Hikaru Shida vs. Thunder Rosa, AEW All Out, 05/09

Would probably be MOTYC if me and the crowd weren't still dealing with the previous match

yeah agreed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Nth, though I do sympathize with people only HMing it because of the hosed-up previous match taking them out of it and the rest of the PPV

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Testekill posted:

nth. That'll probably end up being the best match of the night.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SalTheBard posted:

nthing, probably one of the better womens wrestling matches i remember

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, I would MOTYC but just like the crowd I was still dealing with the previous segments. It was a banger of a match.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

nth. Would've been MOTYC quality if it didn't feel like both of them were really feeling the Florida heat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: The Natural Nightmares, The Natural Matt Cardona and The Natural Scorpio Sky vs The Dark Order, ALL OUT!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

HM: The Natural Nightmares, The Natural Matt Cardona and The Natural Scorpio Sky vs The Dark Order, ALL OUT!

second. great story telling throughout and the ending was real nice

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: The Dark Order vs. Cody's Dumb Team of Loser Friends, AEW All Out, 05/09

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

nth. FUN!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Agreed

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

nth

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Rarity posted:

HM: The Dark Order vs. Cody's Dumb Team of Loser Friends, AEW All Out, 05/09

Nth for these!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MOTYC: FTR vs. Hangman Page/Kenny Omega, AEW All Out

this was a stellar match, but also I come out of it having absolutely no interest in seeing the next FTR match? very conflicted feeling

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

this was a stellar match, but also I come out of it having absolutely no interest in seeing the next FTR match? very conflicted feeling

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: FTR vs. Kenny Omega and Hangman Page, AEW All Out, 05/09

I wanna go MOTYC but the dead crowd stopped it from getting that far

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

Disagree on FTR matches - I love FTR's style. But I agree with the MOTYC, so nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

HM: FTR vs. Hangman Page/Kenny Omega, AEW All Out

Rarity posted:

I wanna go MOTYC but the dead crowd stopped it from getting that far