Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Aumanor posted:

So I've just got to day 25 after clearing Tipheret's third mission. Leaving aside all the plot that just got dropped on my head for the moment, I've got two questions regarding core suppressions. Firstly, does attempting them lock you into something? Can you go into one, find out how the hell it works, retry the day and jump back into it once you know how to prepare? Second, do they count as normal days in terms of progression, or are they, for a lack of a better word, separate?

Also, are there any good HE level Prudence trainers? What numbers I should be on the lookout for if I really want one?

You can turn them on or off as you like, even trying one and getting your face rolled and then turning it off when you retry the day. They do count as days, however.

As for good HE level prudence trainers, -49 and -37 are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Okay, dipped my toes in Malkuth's suppression and I can't quite figure out what's going on but I can already tell it's gonna be a headache. Did anyone notice the more detailed information mod reacting oddly with this one? The percentages displayed have nothing to do with reality.

Also, what's the general advice regarding timing these? Should I just run all four upper layer suppressions in a row, should I save them for days where I have either no new abnormalities/equipment to farm for/ missions to complete, should I just do them on a day following a memory repository and cheese it with rewind?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Aumanor posted:

Okay, dipped my toes in Malkuth's suppression and I can't quite figure out what's going on but I can already tell it's gonna be a headache. Did anyone notice the more detailed information mod reacting oddly with this one? The percentages displayed have nothing to do with reality.

Also, what's the general advice regarding timing these? Should I just run all four upper layer suppressions in a row, should I save them for days where I have either no new abnormalities/equipment to farm for/ missions to complete, should I just do them on a day following a memory repository and cheese it with rewind?

Malkuth's suppression is a lesson in figuring out what Malkuth's suppression does. Make sure to read what the game tells you when you turn it on, and also pay attention to everything going on. You're already partly there with your 'nothing to do with reality' observation.

As for when to do them, I generally just do all of them ASAP whenever available-they give cool perks so you want them done ASAP. You can always farm later.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Malkuth's suppression is a lesson in figuring out what Malkuth's suppression does. Make sure to read what the game tells you when you turn it on, and also pay attention to everything going on. You're already partly there with your 'nothing to do with reality' observation.

As for when to do them, I generally just do all of them ASAP whenever available-they give cool perks so you want them done ASAP. You can always farm later.

What about missions? I've noticed that "suppress Malkuth's core" or whatever what the only mission displaying, which to me implies that you can't complete any other ones. Are the perks from core suppressions good enough to postpone unlocking new research? I would like to get execution bullets ASAP, the fourth expansion in central gave me a Clerks' Rights Squad abnormality.

E: Also, do you have a list of all the mods you're using on hand? I'm looking for the one that fixes the gifts increasing work success chances, like the Helper's in particular.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 6, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

What about missions? I've noticed that "suppress Malkuth's core" or whatever what the only mission displaying, which to me implies that you can't complete any other ones. Are the perks from core suppressions good enough to postpone unlocking new research? I would like to get execution bullets ASAP, the fourth expansion in central gave me a Clerks' Rights Squad abnormality.

E: Also, do you have a list of all the mods you're using on hand? I'm looking for the one that fixes the gifts increasing work success chances, like the Helper's in particular.

It's uh... complicated.

You can do some missions and not others. Any mission that tracks specific things like beating up X abnormalities or defeating Y ordeal don't seem to track correctly, while end-of-day states like 'have x agents with fortitude 100' or 'beat the day in y amount of time' or 'do not let any meltdown timers expire' will work fine.

and uh, the mods I'm using right now...

-Console Unlock
-Infinite abnormality extraction (you need the research first, but this will let me avoid RNG screws if we don't see big bird before Binah unlocks)
-Chesed Research Fix
-Employee Re-customization
-Weapon error fix
-gift effects fix
-Free change appearance
-Suppression chat
-More chat

They're around between the nexusmods site and the gdoc about basemod. Might use others in later loops to save time on grinding.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Aumanor posted:

Hod, and to a slightly lesser extent Malkuth, have extremely useful upgrades that you will probably want to get ASAP, though one day to complete a mission probably won't be too much of a delay- keep in mind you can't do core suppression on checkpoint days, though (ending in 1 or 6). The others are nice as well but IMO slightly less urgent, and you can't do Netzach's until suppressing Hod anyways. It is always viable to complete a mission or suppression and then return to the memory depository if you want to maximize your grinding time or take unacceptable losses.

Malkuth's gimmick isn't immediately obvious, unlike most of the others, but as TeeQueue said figuring out her trick is a major part of the trick. You do always have the option of waiting for the LP to spell it out- it'll be the next update so you shouldn't be waiting too long! Also, as a general tip- most core suppressions require a full energy bar and reaching a specific meltdown level. The day automatically ends once both conditions are satisfied, and you only have to reach the start of the period, not actually reach the meltdown- so, for the upper level you functionally only have to work five meltdown periods as long as you obtain sufficient energy first.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

It's uh... complicated.

You can do some missions and not others. Any mission that tracks specific things like beating up X abnormalities or defeating Y ordeal don't seem to track correctly, while end-of-day states like 'have x agents with fortitude 100' or 'beat the day in y amount of time' or 'do not let any meltdown timers expire' will work fine.

See, this is the specific one I'm on right now (Tipereth 4, if I'm not mistaken), and I don't see the game tracking it. It should be in the top right corner if it was, right? Also, it's extremely not happening while Malkuth's melting, I've got Nothing There in my facility.

kvx687 posted:

Hod, and to a slightly lesser extent Malkuth, have extremely useful upgrades that you will probably want to get ASAP, though one day to complete a mission probably won't be too much of a delay- keep in mind you can't do core suppression on checkpoint days, though (ending in 1 or 6).

So you always have to wait a day between rewinding and attempting a suppression?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 6, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

See, this is the specific one I'm on right now (Tipereth 4, if I'm not mistaken), and I don't see the game tracking it. It should be in the top right corner if it was, right? Also, it's extremely not happening while Malkuth's melting, I've got Nothing There in my facility.

So you always have to wait a day between rewinding and attempting a suppression?

1: Yeah, it doesn't show up in the upper right but it still tracks so at the end of the day it'llpop up completed.

and 2: Yep.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

-Console Unlock
-Infinite abnormality extraction (you need the research first, but this will let me avoid RNG screws if we don't see big bird before Binah unlocks)
-Chesed Research Fix
-Employee Re-customization
-Weapon error fix
-gift effects fix
-Free change appearance
-Suppression chat
-More chat

They're around between the nexusmods site and the gdoc about basemod. Might use others in later loops to save time on grinding.

What's your take on the Gift Chance Boost mod? Is it a significant enough change to distaort a first playthrough, or would it still fall under QoL?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 6, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

What's your take on the Gift Chance Boost mod? Is it a significant enough change to distaort a first playthrough, or would it still fall under QoL?

It's technically a distortion, but it's a single player game so who the hell cares, really? The gifts don't generally help THAT much anyways unless you're really minmaxing them. I'll probably just be slapping on the 'guaranteed gift' mod when I hit loop 3 for timesaving purposes. :v:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am very glad we have this thread as reading through the reactions to the first Sephirah Meltdown have been amazing.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
How are you all spending your LOB points? Aside from hiring new agents, I've been using them to train my highest-level agents, getting them as close to maxed out as I can manage.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I have like 75 stockpiled, waiting to finish Hod.

I'll probably be spending them on doomed souls for later. I've snowballed my LOB a bit much. :v:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Do any of the key page stories (or any other of the Project Mooniverse stuff) explain the prevalence of (minor lore stuff)chainsaw weapons? Admittedly it's been kinda dropped but the game did go to great lengths to explain Anime-isms like lack of guns and everyone being fashionable fighters. I'm guessing it's a Rule of Cool thing but PM seems to be doing a great job of explaining -everything-. I know the long rear end explanation for lack of guns is a conceit for very few ranged cards, which seems to retcon LC since even the clerks have pistols of course that could just be L Corp being a Wing and not subject to regulations (or they don't care). I assume the latter, I only read a summary of 100% LC and getting the details filled in by TeeQueue's LP. I am extremely into the lore now, I'm catching up on Wonder Lab after bouncing off of it because they kept talking about their stats and not like actual characters but that's thankfully been lessened a bit in the chapters I'm at.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The reason there are so many chainsaw weapons is because chainsaw weapons deal 3d6 damage and longswords are only like 1d8. :v:

But no there's nothing so far, it's just likely that the ateliers that specialize in weapons have patented designs with sawblades n' poo poo and they build those.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
(LP thread question, here to avoid any spoilers)
What's wrong with F-02-44?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

my dad posted:

Nothing, it’s basically just 1.76 MHz but shittier in every capacity.

This is just like the fourth or fifth time it’s shown up in my picks so I’m starting to feel like the creepy eye deer is stalking me. :v:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Okay, hold on for just a goddamn second, is part of Hod's meltdown gimmick that she can can actually drop agents to lower ranks if she debuffs their stats enough? And that, either by conscious design or programming oversight, the same applies to anything else that modifies agents' stats, like, say, YMBH?

E: Okay managed to suppress Hod without losing anyone and even completed Tiph's fourth mission while I was at it. Honestly, the bigest dick move she pulled was demoting the agent I lowered to minimum in all stats with YMBH to level I, something I didn't notice until 4 resets in. What I genuinely can't believe is that the Violet Noon somehow didn't trigger Mountain of Corpses' escape. Can it only lower by one in a single action regardless of how many employees die at once, or did I just luck out and there simply weren't a total of 20 clerks in the affected rooms?

Of course, the punishment for getting through the suppression fairly easily had to come and it did in the form of this abno selection: -02, -72, -32.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 7, 2020

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

drat i really like the gimmick with these smoke cards

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

my dad posted:

Mechanically, its a TETH that likes Repression and is OK at Instinct, but if you work Repression twice in a row without performing another work type in between it will instantly kill the agent. It does have a visual tell so if you're paying attention you're unlikely to trigger it, but it's just not a very appealing choice past the very early game. Storywise, this is like the sixth time it's shown up in the LP and TQ's sick of her.

Aumanor posted:

Okay, hold on for just a goddamn second, is part of Hod's meltdown gimmick that she can can actually drop agents to lower ranks if she debuffs their stats enough? And that, either by conscious design or programming oversight, the same applies to anything else that modifies agents' stats, like, say, YMBH?

E: Okay managed to suppress Hod without losing anyone and even completed Tiph's fourth mission while I was at it. Honestly, the bigest dick move she pulled was demoting the agent I lowered to minimum in all stats with YMBH to level I, something I didn't notice until 4 resets in. What I genuinely can't believe is that the Violet Noon somehow didn't trigger Mountain of Corpses' escape. Can it only lower by one in a single action regardless of how many employees die at once, or did I just luck out and there simply weren't a total of 20 clerks in the affected rooms?

Of course, the punishment for getting through the suppression fairly easily had to come and it did in the form of this abno selection: -02, -72, -32.

Anything that modifies stats can change their ranks, Hod's gimmick is particularly large so it's most obvious there but you can also see it from e.g. particularly large modifiers from You Must Be Happy, getting a new EGO gift, etc.

The Mountain and all other similar effects can trigger multiple stages from a single effect, you probably just lucked out. Any given department maxes out around 7 clerks and generally four monoliths will spawn until you open up the bottom floors, so it's not *that* likely that 20 clerks will die from them, especially since the only departments the clerks really cluster in are Safety and Training and obviously during Hod's meltdown Training is empty.

-72 is actually a really good Abnormality! It's potentially good at three stats, has a fairly easy to manage gimmick, and was my abnormality of choice for Gebura's second mission. -32 is the only really bad choice of the three, -02's just out of date by the middle layer.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

kvx687 posted:

Anything that modifies stats can change their ranks, Hod's gimmick is particularly large so it's most obvious there but you can also see it from e.g. particularly large modifiers from You Must Be Happy, getting a new EGO gift, etc.

YMBH modifies stat ranks, but it normally doesn't change agent ranks. A rank V agent that was brought down to rank I thresholds in all stats is still treated as a rank V agents for things like special abno interactions and fear levels. My standard way of working Censored boils down to dressing a rank V agent with CoG's gift in Aleph-tier suit and bringing them down to I in all stats making it all but impossible for them to fail between the damage resistance, the sweet sweet >90% work chance success on insight and the regen outpacing the damage given the workspeed with 15 temperance. What happened during Hod's suppression is that the method suddenly stopped working, and I couldn't figure out why until, three or four resets in, I looked more closely at the panicking agent running away from the about-to-breach Censored's containemt unit and finally noticed that the numeral on the left of their nameplate reads "I" instead of "V"

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Library of Ruina: I guess we're going with Ayin as A's original name for sure, then? Man, he was kind of a dick.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Just did the second core suppression. I was worried about -75 breaching during a Noon and loving everything up, but that didn't happen. Instead, someone died to Meat Lantern at the last minute; normally I keep one Agent at minimum Temperance to keep it happy, but they got a bad result through sheer luck. I decided to go back to a checkpoint to get that agent back; I lost -66, -67, (both of whom I got all the gear from), -06 (full research, no gear) and -75 (only most of the research, no gear).

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

the game will force Alephs on you after a while. It sucks to not have any already, but yeah, you might have to push it up or reset a couple of times to get those Alephs.

Opened Records and got three Alephs in a row, two of which I'd partly uncovered before: Blue Star, Nothing There, and Censored.

I am guessing that I don't want to do the Suppress Three Alephs quest with Blue Star as one of the three? I do have something like 150 LOB saved up, so I could bump all my trainees up to the point where they at least won't suicide. The other two seem at least potentially manageable if I'm prepared, but Blue Star scares me.

Also, the Records missions would strengthen all my employees; am I better off waiting on the Aleph mission until after completing them all, or should I not wait?

Got Violet Midnight as my first Midnight ordeal... I think I'm prepared for the next one, but that was a day reset the first time out, mainly due to collateral damage because the first enemy I engaged was too close to the room where I stashed the rest of my employees and I got the White enemy first, so all my White weapon employees went mad.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's a nasty trio to deal with, but with Blue Star, the best bet is to let it out, hide your team in an elevator, and hit them with white bullets while the rabbits handle it.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So if I'm reading this right, completing a Sephirah Meltdown causes Qliphoth Meltdowns to no longer spawn on the abnormalities in the department. Is there a way to at least temporarily bring them back? If not, wouldn't that potentially be a pretty strong disincentive to doing them in some circumstances?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Some boss fights bring them back, but otherwise there’s no going back.

It’s not really a problem, to be honest, since it cuts down the number of meltdowns we see and makes the day easier to deal with, and the slight downside of not getting free works on WAW/ALEPH abnormalities is well worth the cost.

It’s always worth it to suppress a core, basically.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Some boss fights bring them back, but otherwise there’s no going back.

It’s not really a problem, to be honest, since it cuts down the number of meltdowns we see and makes the day easier to deal with, and the slight downside of not getting free works on WAW/ALEPH abnormalities is well worth the cost.

It’s always worth it to suppress a core, basically.

Doesn't it also make it impossible to safely or at least reliably make some abnormalities breach?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I suppose so, but by the point where you get the majority of those done you'll probably be able to make them breach by just having someone tank a bad result or what have you, or you'll be done with Hod and cheap disposable labor will be nearly free.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I'm trying to get -109 fully researched without having Execution Bullets. Everything was going well until -64 broke out and targeted the hallway where I was quarantining the guy I sent to work on -109. My only option was to send him to work -109 again, which triggered Crimson Noon. I managed to get everything under control, then I hosed up by not realizing that tools still make -67's gift trigger.

On a previous day -64 broke out so often that it made -57 break out. I've yet to suppress -57, but thankfully she chose to target -64 instead of an employee. It was hilarious seeing her completely outmatched by something I've killed half a dozen times now.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Solitair posted:

I'm trying to get -109 fully researched without having Execution Bullets. Everything was going well until -64 broke out and targeted the hallway where I was quarantining the guy I sent to work on -109. My only option was to send him to work -109 again, which triggered Crimson Noon. I managed to get everything under control, then I hosed up by not realizing that tools still make -67's gift trigger.

On a previous day -64 broke out so often that it made -57 break out. I've yet to suppress -57, but thankfully she chose to target -64 instead of an employee. It was hilarious seeing her completely outmatched by something I've killed half a dozen times now.

-57 is pretty easy to suppress if you know a breakout is coming. Put a high Red resist worker in the hallway, then mob everyone else in an adjacent elevator or room. When she breaks out, she should pick the adjacent worker as a target. Red bullet, shift the worker so her back is turned to the mob, and unleash the mob.

Her single target damage simply isn't enough if her target isn't running away, and she won't turn to face the mob as long as her target is on the other side.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Make sure you read the update notes for Library today because holy poo poo they changed everything :supaburn:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

Make sure you read the update notes for Library today because holy poo poo they changed everything :supaburn:

Don’t bother, they’re reverting it after the community lost its poo poo at them. :eng99:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

TeeQueue posted:

Don’t bother, they’re reverting it after the community lost its poo poo at them. :eng99:

This is why we can't have nice things. From the sounds of it, you could have really broken the game, and it definitely needed balancing, but people went way loving overboard.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Holy crap what the heck happened? I read the overhaul and it looked...fine? I didn’t like the idea of an FE weapon triangle but that’s it.

I’m more upset because the devs sound disheartened and might be scared to try experimental stuff :smith:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The steam forums blew up, and PM got several vulgar e-mails and outright threats from the community for doing this. People are terrible.

Their only mistake was not warning people in advance to back up their saves and that it was a very experimental update.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Some english streamers seemed to have made it before the revert if anyone wants to see the new stuff in action.
It was interesting and game breaky af but took some time to go through so ofc people didn't even try :/

People that complain about lost progress on an early access game need to have their gamer cards revoked :colbert:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Can someone explain how expanding departments and unlocking missions interact? I'm on day 26, just unlocked Disciplinary, at the end of the day I can either open Welfare or expand the already opened department. What impact does either choice on the mission availability?

Also, day 26 resets counter: 7 (turns out agents with no ego suits cannot safely work with Mountain of Smiling Bodies even when pumped to max stats; an agent ran out of attempts at YMBH and got mulched; turns out that they can't work with Burrowing Heaven either; forgot the noon was Violet; turns out agents with 1.5 red vulnerable Teth suits can't actually work safely with Big and Will Be Bad Wolf; forgot Luminous Bracelet's rules; encountered Amber Dusk for the first time and it kinda owned me, especially given that I was mostly geared for a Green one)

At least most of those were quick.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 11, 2020

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I didn't get to play with it, sounded fun but also busted to hell. Surprised they buckled so quickly. It was probably a mistake to roll out so many big changes at once, and it was definitely a mistake to do it without immediately available patch notes. With notes and some explanation of the thinking behind the changes people might've given them more of a chance. Like, not sure what they were going for with what they did to card draw.

Aumanor posted:

Can someone explain how expanding departments and unlocking missions interact? I'm on day 26, just unlocked Disciplinary, at the end of the day I can either open Welfare or expand the already opened department. What impact does either choice on the mission availability?

Also, day 26 resets counter: 7 (turns out agents with no ego suits cannot safely work with Mountain of Smiling Bodies even when pumped to max stats; an agent ran out of attempts at YMBH and got mulched; turns out that they can't work with Burrowing Heaven either; forgot the noon was Violet; turns out agents with 1.5 red vulnerable Teth suits can't actually work safely with Big and Will Be Bad Wolf; forgot Luminous Bracelet's rules; encountered Amber Dusk for the first time and it kinda owned me, especially given that I was mostly geared for a Green one)

At least most of those were quick.

You get access to missions at the second, third, fourth, and fifth expansion pips, but you still have to complete each one before you'll be given the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

I didn't get to play with it, sounded fun but also busted to hell. Surprised they buckled so quickly. It was probably a mistake to roll out so many big changes at once, and it was definitely a mistake to do it without immediately available patch notes. With notes and some explanation of the thinking behind the changes people might've given them more of a chance. Like, not sure what they were going for with what they did to card draw.

In the current build of the game, everyone needing 2 speed dice meant that every usable deck was by necessity ~3x draw cards, 3x light regen cards, and 3x 'actual unique deck cards,' or else playing Singleton for their draw 3 card to let you stay up in hand size. Their goal in changing things so that playing 2+ cards a turn let you draw 2 was to allow for more diverse decks to be playable by making it so light regeneration was the only thing to worry about.

Honestly, it felt like a good overall change to the meta. Most of these changes felt like good changes to the meta.

-Passive swap would be the major outlier imo and that was honestly an issue of balance over anything else.