Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1301565099761598466?s=21
Neat, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Sure, why not!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/WaypointSetCj/status/1301571537712152578?s=20

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The "No Sofia Coppola Cut".

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Is this any different than the stuff included as extras and alternate scenes on the GF3 blu-ray? On that disc, it has included a different beginning. In the theatrical, cut, Michael gets that award from the Catholic Church, has a party, and then later, the Archbishop asks him for the financial help.

In the alternate opening, the Archbishop asks for the help, Michael agrees, and THEN he gets the award and has the party. I like that one because it puts a totally different spin on Michael's 'charitable' works for the Church.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

RatHat posted:

From reading a spoiler review it seems like it is indeed set in the modern day. The plantation is run by “a nefarious group of Confederacy-loving Civil War reenactors who take things to the next level by kidnapping and enslaving Black people in order to achieve a fully authentic Confederate experience.“ So yeah, a more mean spirited version of The Village.

One of the opening shots from the trailer is a jetliner with chemtrails suddenly disappearing from the sky. Seems like it was never trying to trick the audience.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

X-Ray Pecs posted:

One of the opening shots from the trailer is a jetliner with chemtrails suddenly disappearing from the sky. Seems like it was never trying to trick the audience.

I'm a bit confused this seems to be like it is supposed to trick the audience - the airliner disappearing would signal the transportation to the past.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Do you mean contrails, or is there a whole 'nother layer of crazy to this film?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Was Antebellum even supposed to have a twist to it, or was the trailer just doing a Tenet thing where they just don't explain the premise?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pospysyl posted:

Was Antebellum even supposed to have a twist to it, or was the trailer just doing a Tenet thing where they just don't explain the premise?

The premise was a woman from the present is transported through time to the antebellum South as a slave.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Hand Knit posted:

Maybe this is the new normal.

Descriptivist crew checking in.

I mean if people start saying one thing when they mean another it’ll come up in “normal” conversation and people will be like ‘well why are they bad?’ and you can say they contribute to climate change. Which they do to the point where climatologists have come out to say that flying to a conference is madness.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1301596100793516032

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

wow, he looks angry about it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd be angry if my boss made me go into work before it was safe to do so and got me infected, too.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Maybe this is the new normal.

Descriptivist crew checking in.

I mean if people start saying one thing when they mean another it’ll come up in “normal” conversation and people will be like ‘well why are they bad?’ and you can say they contribute to climate change. Which they do to the point where climatologists have come out to say that flying to a conference is madness.

Given the context I think it's a legitimate question!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

feedmyleg posted:

I'd be angry if my boss made me go into work before it was safe to do so and got me infected, too.

A lot of artists want to get back to making poo poo dude.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

pospysyl posted:

It’d only a twist in the actual movie because some parts of it are out of order.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

A lot of artists want to get back to making poo poo dude.

yeah, poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Won't somebody think of the people with unlimited money that can wait it out.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Hand Knit posted:

That’s what I meant, I think spending so much time online has destroyed my brain.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Contrails do not contribute to climate change. Aircraft emissions (which is not what contrails are) contribute to climate change. A contrail is just a cloud left in the wake of a jet.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Unrelated to the COVID thing but I really loving hate the way that guy looks with that Crispin Glover-rear end haircut.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't think that's the style. His hair is messed and has fallen down because he just survived a would-be rundown from a car, right?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/coolasleicester/status/1301850836021243904

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1300486276932657153

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Posted in the D U N C thread.

https://twitter.com/DRMovieNews1/st...number%3D26pti7

I'm gonna cum.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There will be blood

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Cowards

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
there is nothing 2020 won't take from me

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1302656363059871745?s=21

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Tom Cruise is going to have a fantastic death

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Imagine taking this banger out of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6PaUArGATI

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Imagine taking this banger out of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6PaUArGATI

The story behind the scene is really sweet, too. It was a robot designed to help autistic kids practice interactions. Stallone had seen it because his son was/is autistic and he liked it so much that he threw it in the movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Tom Cruise is going to have a fantastic death

All I hope is that it's signed in the contract that they have to use the footage of the accident in the final cut.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Did they build that for the movie or did McQuarrie and Cruise learn about this daredevil ramp to nowhere and write a movie around it?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Lobok posted:

Did they build that for the movie or did McQuarrie and Cruise learn about this daredevil ramp to nowhere and write a movie around it?

Well, I know which one I'm hoping for.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm slightly disappointed that wasn't a picture of Tom Cruise in outer space.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Lobok posted:

Ah, I see you've figured out how the Mission Impossible movies work. The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith did a great interview with McQuarrie on his process. Though I'm sure they built the ramp.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aren't they blowing up some 100 year old Polish bridge for the movie?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm slightly disappointed that wasn't a picture of Tom Cruise in outer space.

How do you think he's getting TO outer space, smart guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Aren't they blowing up some 100 year old Polish bridge for the movie?

If you believe McQuarrie, apparently it's a piece of junk and the only stink about blowing it up is because some local feels like he got stiffed and had it put on the historic register out of spite.