Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Brownhat posted:

Holy poo poo they really made the 20+ minute credits for the campaign unskippable?

It was skippable on console (PS4).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

There are some baffling design decisions in the credits too, for some reason job titles aren't subcategories but are listed for everybody so you get screenfuls of "ARTIST ARTIST ARTIST ARTIST" especially once it gets to the outsourced companies - however for localization teams they instead made a giant list that puts all of them together (by language and then alphabetically) and divided it like that into two columns, so one team has its latter half listed first, then several screens of other teams, then its first half in the left column. What a lovely move.

and of course the scrolling's hitching like crazy but that's standard for game credits

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Assault and adept adaptoids are assholes and I hate them

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did get a kick during the part of the campaign where Iron Man temporarily becomes Kamen Rider Fourze.

Yeah I know it is probably not intentional since it is pretty standard astronaut colors, but I want to believe.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

used two patterns at the fabricator at the start of the initiative stuff and didn't get anything either time. put in a ticket but have extremely low expectations of having them replaced.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Anyone have tips on getting this game to run well on PC? I've got a 1080, 16 gigs of ram, an I7, and I'm running on and ssd and this game runs like absolute trash. I've messed around with all the settings and in combat the game loves to lag even on low.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was pretty sure I was all in on Widow for a few reasons, not least that I love me some juggle combo but the sheer childish glee I get at pinning something incredibly annoying like a Cryo Adaptoid to the wall as Thor and casually beating it to death is pretty great.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Namaer posted:

used two patterns at the fabricator at the start of the initiative stuff and didn't get anything either time. put in a ticket but have extremely low expectations of having them replaced.

They've said on the subreddit that they're aware that it's an issue, and that submitting a ticket will get them replaced. The devs have a thread there where they're keeping track of bugs/issues and updating the list with what they're doing about them. For whatever faults the game has, the devs are being really forthcoming and interacting with people.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Frustrated posted:

Anyone have tips on getting this game to run well on PC? I've got a 1080, 16 gigs of ram, an I7, and I'm running on and ssd and this game runs like absolute trash. I've messed around with all the settings and in combat the game loves to lag even on low.

I'm on a i7-4790, 1070 and 16 gigs of ram with a mix of high medium and low settings on 4k and the Dynamic resolution setting on 60 fps and it keeps the game at 55-60 fps and it still looks great.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Still going through the campaign, but I am enjoying it. I still miss Marvel Heroes so much :(

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

to throw more specs and anecdotal testimony around, i'm running an i5-9400f, a gtx 1660, 16gb of ram, and an ssd and the only performance issues i've had are a little slowdown in the campaign finale setpiece and one crash that required a restart.

edit: i also have flashing rgb lights which makes the computer run better too

Namaer fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Sep 6, 2020

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

VanillaGorilla posted:

Levels really feel like they matter, too - a lot of each characters most defining abilities are all locked behind later tiers of skills. I hated Captain America at first because I was just getting the poo poo beat out of me, but now that I got him to like 15 and filled out his ranged attack and assault skill tees, he’s a monster. I barely melee, I just kill groups of enemies with shield tosses. You can clear entire areas of turrets with one ricochet throw, it’s nuts. It’s an incredibly active play style, too, once you pick up the “hit R2 at the right time to kick/toss your shield back out” skills.

Also you have to start thinking about stats in mid-game. Ranged characters stacking precision (and resilience for defense) makes a huge difference.

Yeah, Widow gets disgusting once you get into her Specialization and Mastery pages. Her meter charges really fast now, and I get something like +30% Heroic charge rate between skills and minor artifacts. That's on top of the fact that her melee attacks are tuned to make it so every other heavy finisher stuns for a takedown.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So I just [last character unlock spoiler]rescued Cap from space - how much campaign is left? Am I like 80% thru or...? Trying to plan when to do all the sidequest stuff before i cross some point of no return

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Frustrated posted:

I am quite certain that it was only ever made to run with resolution scaling on.. which is terrible Vaseline nonsense but until 3000 series GPUS come out I don't think it will run well on anything else.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

black.lion posted:

So I just [last character unlock spoiler]rescued Cap from space - how much campaign is left? Am I like 80% thru or...? Trying to plan when to do all the sidequest stuff before i cross some point of no return

As far as I can tell, all the sidequests are still available in the post-campaign Avengers Initiative stuff, so just mainline the campaign imo.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

They really do need to tone down ranged damage at high levels. Trying to do this Elite Vault (with Torpedo mod on) loving sucks. It wouldn't be so bad if the ranged enemies weren't absolutely unerring snipers, but you'll just get one shot out of nowhere at even gear levels.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

VanillaGorilla posted:

They really do need to tone down ranged damage at high levels. Trying to do this Elite Vault (with Torpedo mod on) loving sucks. It wouldn't be so bad if the ranged enemies weren't absolutely unerring snipers, but you'll just get one shot out of nowhere at even gear levels.

Ranged damage from enemies definitely feels overtuned when playing with AI.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

Ranged damage from enemies definitely feels overtuned when playing with AI.

I'm not even sure it's the damage that's the worst part, so much as some of the sniper enemies shots seem like they're hit scan and there's no way to avoid the damage at all. Also good loving luck if you get the roll on that mission that has the Spin damage snipers, because not only do they ace you out from across the arena, all the damage drains your heroic energy so you can't use any of the abilities that might have a shot of helping you mitigate it.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 6, 2020

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Alright so my absolute biggest gripe with this game right now?

loving

STUN LOCKS

Especially if you managed to get between two fuckers and get pinballed till you die cause you can't escape cause dodging and parrying feels like it barely works half the drat time!

:bang:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I'm having fun and I like it when Kamala slaps dudes into walls, it's funny.

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1302407819132624896

Also apparently you can get some absolutely absurd combos once you learn the system.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, you can, particularly with Cap and Thor and Black Widow's really easy to extend and chain things together thanks to her grapple hook.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Holy poo poo I finally got that elite vault down. That was some serious bullshit and required gamer sweats.

Orv
May 4, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

This feels like it has, ironically, the same problem Destiny has when it comes to 'difficulty' which is that it's A. a cakewalk, B. decently challenging but you're never really in fear of losing or C. x-men welcome to die as the final option with basically no gradient. I'm not sure what really controls it either because some things that seem like they should be a total shitshow go easy and some things just turn into complete nightmares.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Orv posted:

This feels like it has, ironically, the same problem Destiny has when it comes to 'difficulty' which is that it's A. a cakewalk, B. decently challenging but you're never really in fear of losing or C. x-men welcome to die as the final option with basically no gradient. I'm not sure what really controls it either because some things that seem like they should be a total shitshow go easy and some things just turn into complete nightmares.

Particularly early in the game's lifecycle it's mostly that there are mixes of affixes on missions that haven't been tuned and require very careful gearing and builds to get past.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

VanillaGorilla posted:

Particularly early in the game's lifecycle it's mostly that there are mixes of affixes on missions that haven't been tuned and require very careful gearing and builds to get past.

Yeah. I got a mission where "ranged attacks do dramatically more damage" and it happened to be a mission where there were tons of turrets and ranged enemies everywhere. A single hit would take off 40-50% of my HP, and usually there were quite a few more shooters than just one.

It was a complete shitshow where I basically spent half the game dead waiting for the AI to revive me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

Ah yeah, that'd probably do it, I haven't paid a ton of attention to affixes or gear just yet.

What is everyone else's most hated enemy in this so far? I'm probably maddest about Elite Synthoids on the regular.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Orv posted:

Ah yeah, that'd probably do it, I haven't paid a ton of attention to affixes or gear just yet.

What is everyone else's most hated enemy in this so far? I'm probably maddest about Elite Synthoids on the regular.

Same. They're somehow more dangerous than Adaptoids, and almost all of their attacks are unblockable.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I want to like Thor, but it feels like the designers’ intended build with him is around overcharge, which is a really dumb mechanic that requires you to never get hit, in a game where it is REALLY hard to go long stretches without getting hit. If they’d added a mastery that made it harder to get bounced out of overcharge maybe it would have worked but that’s not the world we live in.

Also, I want to play Thor as a melee guy but he really seems to be intended to be moving between ranges and melee pretty constantly.

Come to think of it, a lot of the seemingly “intended” builds don’t seem all that great (e.g. “tank” Captain America).

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 6, 2020

Orv
May 4, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

I want to like Thor, but it feels like the designers’ intended build with him is around overcharge, which is a really dumb mechanic that requires you to never get hit, in a game where it is REALLY hard to go long stretches without getting hit. If they’d added a mastery that made it harder to get bounced out of overcharge maybe it would have worked but that’s not the world we live in.

Also, I want to play Thor as a melee guy but he really seems to be intended to be moving between ranges and melee pretty constantly.

Come to think of it, a lot of the seemingly “intended” builds don’t seem all that great (e.g. “tank” Captain America).

I've got Thor set up to do more unarmed damage, build Overcharge faster unarmed and generally just build intrinsic and overcharge faster. Pin a dangerous enemy with the hammer, fist people to build charge, get back into overcharge with a single punch, pulse intrinsic to parry, zap hordes of smaller mobs. It's probably not a perfect way to play him but basically being able to deliver a bomb to anywhere I please, in addition to the various "Do this while overcharged and do damage to nearby enemies" stuff is pretty solid now that it's all online.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

deadly_pudding posted:

Same. They're somehow more dangerous than Adaptoids, and almost all of their attacks are unblockable.

Elite Synthoids are very easy as Widow: dodge to the side to avoid laser, hold triangle for a grenade to bounce them into the air, beat down mercilessly.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Seedge posted:

Elite Synthoids are very easy as Widow: dodge to the side to avoid laser, hold triangle for a grenade to bounce them into the air, beat down mercilessly.

speaking of Widow, I was building a DUMMY amount of intrinsic and heroic meter in a Villain Sector fight against Abomination this morning by just hanging back and unloading pistols forever. Did a whole lot of Spider Bites that fight.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

That fight is so easy to cheese as Widow it's even more annoying when he glitches in the falling down animation, leaving you with no targets to attack and forcing a restart

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
How do I finish the dna vault challenge? I just finished campaign and ran Stark Realities a few times - internet said that should do it. There’s a door I couldn’t open as Kamala w/ an access denied terminal so do I just need to do it with Iron Man who I kinda hate playing?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Campbell posted:

How do I finish the dna vault challenge? I just finished campaign and ran Stark Realities a few times - internet said that should do it. There’s a door I couldn’t open as Kamala w/ an access denied terminal so do I just need to do it with Iron Man who I kinda hate playing?

DNA chests are blue chests and you get keys to them by beating human boss enemies, though I don't think I got one when I beat Taskmaster. The missions the faction coordinators give out are supposed to give them but I haven't run one of those yet. The DNA chests are found in the vault missions around the map.

What you ran into was just a regular strongbox hidden behind a door that only Widow or Iron Man can open.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I had an alright session with this game today, no horrendous bugs and didn't encounter any really bullshit balance stuff like enemies stunlocking me to death or being shot from offscreen in a lovely feeling way. When all the stars align, this game is alright.

I hope they fix the bugs, do a balance pass (and ignore the people saying it's a tactical game and people complaining just need to get good, the incoming damage from puny enemies sometimes feels ridiculous) and add some more areas and enemy types. The Hawkeye/Kate Bishop stuff will be an interesting thing to see, I'm expecting it to be more AIM stuff in very similar locations to be honest but hopefully not.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

thebardyspoon posted:

I had an alright session with this game today, no horrendous bugs and didn't encounter any really bullshit balance stuff like enemies stunlocking me to death or being shot from offscreen in a lovely feeling way. When all the stars align, this game is alright.

I hope they fix the bugs, do a balance pass (and ignore the people saying it's a tactical game and people complaining just need to get good, the incoming damage from puny enemies sometimes feels ridiculous) and add some more areas and enemy types. The Hawkeye/Kate Bishop stuff will be an interesting thing to see, I'm expecting it to be more AIM stuff in very similar locations to be honest but hopefully not.

I wonder how much of the balance pass is going to involve making AI companions pull more threat. It feels like I’m putting out more damage and it’s making enemies focus on me even though Hulk has skills that are, according to loading screen tips, made to draw aggro. I think the AI just isn’t effective enough to make the enemy AI go after them so human characters get their rear end beat. It would also explain why I saw an AI character get downed once in the entire campaign.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
They also really need to rethink the breakable door/ control panel thing because with two Hawkeyes, it'll be possible to have a whole team of human players and no one able to break open a door.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Soonmot posted:

They also really need to rethink the breakable door/ control panel thing because with two Hawkeyes, it'll be possible to have a whole team of human players and no one able to break open a door.

Do any of those block mission progress outside of the campaign where playable characters are set in stone? I agree that it needs fixed but I haven’t run into any showstoppers.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Romes128 posted:

This is one of the more annoying things about combat. Why even bother putting a dodge in if it only moves you like two inches.

It's super frustrating, because they say "when you see a red warning indicator, you have to dodge" but sometimes it is literally impossible to dodge anyway even with the indicator, and 'sometimes' is actually 'often'. For a long time I thought I had the buttons wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

!Klams posted:

It's super frustrating, because they say "when you see a red warning indicator, you have to dodge" but sometimes it is literally impossible to dodge anyway even with the indicator, and 'sometimes' is actually 'often'. For a long time I thought I had the buttons wrong.

The distance of dodges needs to be expanded 50-100 percent. As it is, the only way it feels like I dodge things most times is the iframes from doing a perfect dodge.