Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Drone_Fragger posted:

Why exactly yones spirit form needed a cleanse on it as well I’m not sure.

it doesnt have a clenase, because you cant activate it during stun. which is literally the best part about cleanse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Had a 48 minute 19/5 game with Ashe against a decent Ez to break out of a funk and man bottom lane gets heated.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why are some people allergic to the idea of finishing? I just got demoted to bronze because my team went for inhibitors instead of just breaking the core when the entire enemy team was wiped.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Why are some people allergic to the idea of finishing? I just got demoted to bronze because my team went for inhibitors instead of just breaking the core when the entire enemy team was wiped.

I hate this so much too. I can only imagine it's a combination of A) people massively overestimating themselves and trying to farm kills and show off, not realizing they are not actually far ahead enough to do that, and B) not understanding 'hey this game has comeback mechanics' and how dangerous it is for even one person to die late-game. I have lost my fair share of won games due to some shitter not ending when they have the chance.

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
Sometimes I do this just because I don't realize I can end. Just not paying attention enough.

This game is so incredibly complex and there are a hojillion things to pay attention to, getting better at it is really a matter of learning where to pay your attention.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

SirSamVimes posted:

Most people only know how to play and not win. There are more surrenders than actual finishes so most people don't get any actual practice about how to close a game out, only how to start.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think it's also a case of people trying to stretch out the feeling of being strong, or at least stronger than your opponent. Until they get too hyphy an get themselves killed and end up getting the other team back in it.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Freaksaus posted:

I think it's also a case of people trying to stretch out the feeling of being strong, or at least stronger than your opponent. Until they get too hyphy an get themselves killed and end up getting the other team back in it.

It's this. It's fun when you have a strong team and are getting lots of kills

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Freaksaus posted:

Same reason your insanely fed talon throws the game by constantly trying to 1v4

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Is there a goon group that plays, getting tired of playing with toxic asshats.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

zaepg posted:

Is there a goon group that plays, getting tired of playing with toxic asshats.

Yeah!! Join the discord in the OP

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Is there much AC action? There's no way I'm going to play enough to justify an iracing account.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

Is there much AC action? There's no way I'm going to play enough to justify an iracing account.
what

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Whoopsie

Totally wrong thread, disregard.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I hate this game.

I can't stop playing it.

I loving hate it so much.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

Over here homie (and no, most sim racing goons have long moved on from AC for multiplayer stuff).
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763524

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

Over here homie (and no, most sim racing goons have long moved on from AC for multiplayer stuff).
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763524

Haha yeah that's the thread I thought I was posting in. I have this and that one bookmarked and on the awful app their tags look similar.

In league content I recently finished my ranked placement games and hoo boy was normal draft -> gold a rude awakening. It eventually dumped me into bronze which is more appropriate for me.

I should hop on league goon discord, my normal play group seems to be slowing down.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Coming back to the game after a long absence and I'm a big Rakan fan, but I have no clue how to build him anymore. Any Rakan advice on builds or his general place in the meta would be appreciated. If it helps, my club is called Rakan on Heaven's Door.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Any tip for a new LoL player comin from DotA (mid tier) ?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Preseason new items. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15EVQpMZhpM

One is kinda mix of steraks + maw, the other one is pure dps item and third one is a item that gives you a dash called Galeforce.

Galeforce should be really good item because dash range looks actually quite decent and it can be used offensively or defensively.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

I hate this game.

I can't stop playing it.

I loving hate it so much.

i love league of legends!!!! i love league!!!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Vino posted:

Sometimes I do this just because I don't realize I can end. Just not paying attention enough.

This game is so incredibly complex and there are a hojillion things to pay attention to, getting better at it is really a matter of learning where to pay your attention.

There's also rarely any cohesion. This translates to an inertia from whatever anybody doing because of transiting cost.

If I go try to finish and nobody else does, then I'm just going to spend 2 minutes walking across the map to die or hang out. Might as well keep farming until other people start heading that way. Each person thinks that until someone takes charge or brownian motion puts enough people next to the enemy base.

Also because its league, I assume if you're chatting its probably to complain about everyone but you sucking. I may have stopped reading at the first 'ffs report for inting' after first blood so I didnt notice someone's recommendation in chat.

piL fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 9, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

pog boyfriend posted:

i love league of legends!!!! i love league!!!

Quiet down kiwi

strong bird
May 12, 2009

thats pog

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

CubeTheory posted:

Coming back to the game after a long absence and I'm a big Rakan fan, but I have no clue how to build him anymore. Any Rakan advice on builds or his general place in the meta would be appreciated. If it helps, my club is called Rakan on Heaven's Door.

https://u.gg/lol/champions/rakan/build

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

One is kinda mix of steraks + maw, the other one is pure dps item and third one is a item that gives you a dash called Galeforce.

Galeforce should be really good item because dash range looks actually quite decent and it can be used offensively or defensively.

Yeah, I'm liking the idea behind Mythic items. I think it'll help out a lot with tank itemization, too, since it's easier to make it so that tank items can scale into teamfights without turning lanes into pure stalemates. Looks good as hell and I can't wait to try it out.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Knightsoul posted:

Any tip for a new LoL player comin from DotA (mid tier) ?

Flash is a 5 minute cooldown. When the enemy has it up you basically shouldn't expect to kill them in a gank or a lane all-in. Force them to blow their flash then just back off and wait for the next opportunity.
You can't roam nearly as much as you can in Dota because walking back to lane takes a long time and it lets the enemy push your tower for free -- in the early game, the towers have 5 segments on their health bar, and each individual segment/"plate" gives tower gold separately, so even if they don't kill the tower they can get a big advantage from chipping away at it.
With no courier, the enemy isn't actually stronger until they leave lane to go buy stuff in base. If someone has 1000 gold over you and kills you in lane, you might come back actually stronger than them if you had the chance to buy an item and they're still laning with nothing but their starting inventory.
Unlike TP scrolls in Dota, the Teleport spell shows your destination to the whole enemy team on their minimap even, if it's out of vision. So don't expect to sneak around with it.
Items have like 80%+ of their power budget in their actual stats, not their unique passive/active abilities. Because of this there's very little variation in builds for individual champs. Like in Dota you might buy Eul's scepter on any number of core heroes just for the active (or at least that was popular last time I played it, it's been a while...) but in League you'd never buy Zhonya's Hourglass (which gives a self-only euls active) on a champ without AP scaling.
You can just look up on a site like op.gg to see what the highest pickrate/winrate "optimal" items and runes for each champion is.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 9, 2020

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Unlike TP scrolls in Dota, the Teleport spell shows your destination to the whole enemy team on their minimap even, if it's out of vision. So don't expect to sneak around with it.

Note, however, that the visual effect is still darkened by the fog of war, and it isn't directly pinged onto the minimap if there's no enemy vision on whatever you're TPing to, so you can absolutely sneak behind people who aren't paying attention.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So are they sneak peaking Seraphine by letting everyone see her kda version first and let everyone be curious what the base version is like?

That's an interesting choice if so.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

that's a reference

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Ulio posted:

My body is ready and also terrified. Imagining the steraks + maw item on Aphelios is just nightmarish.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The new items look nuts, Behemoth Slayer looks like it'll do several hundred true damage every third attack? Looking forward to Vayne deleting people like a burst mage late game.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

SaffronKit posted:

that's a reference

thats pog

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Broooooooooo

I swear to god I either posted or was gonna post about a marksman item they should make which is just give marksmen true damage every X attacks like a mini-vayne passive. And thats one of the new items!!

Sick.

Quick Recap

Mythic Items are items that you can only build one of, but which grant a large bonus effect + a mini effect on other completed items. They seem to cost 3400 right now. The 3 shown for marksmen are:

Big Steraks - Grants shield and increased life steal when under 30% hp, grants +8 armor and magic resist to other completed items
Vayne Lite - Every third attack does 80-240(+30% bAd) true damage, other items get +5 crit dmg
Yasuo Lite - Dash (can't go over walls) and deal 105-240(+30% bAd) magic damage to lowest hp enemy nearby, dmg scales with enemy missing hp. Other items get +2% ms

New item for AP Bruisers
Cursed Demonhelm
+80 AP, +400 HP - Dmg marks enemy for 4 seconds and they take 2% of max HP per sec magic dmg and you gain 20 armor/MR every second enemies are a=effected.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 9, 2020

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Jerkface posted:

Yasuo Lite - Dash (can't go over walls) and deal 105-240(+30% bAd) magic damage to lowest hp enemy nearby, dmg scales with enemy missing hp. Other items get +2% ms

Seeing people use this to finish an opponent with style points is gonna be :discourse:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

New ap bruiser itemization, I'm guessing Liandry's is gone then

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Jerkface posted:

Broooooooooo

I swear to god I either posted or was gonna post about a marksman item they should make which is just give marksmen true damage every X attacks like a mini-vayne passive. And thats one of the new items!!

Sick.

Quick Recap

Mythic Items are items that you can only build one of, but which grant a large bonus effect + a mini effect on other completed items. They seem to cost 3400 right now. The 3 shown for marksmen are:

Big Steraks - Grants shield and increased life steal when under 30% hp, grants +8 armor and magic resist to other completed items
Vayne Lite - Every third attack does 80-240(+30% bAd) true damage, other items get +5 crit dmg

New item for AP Bruisers
Cursed Demonhelm
+80 AP, +400 HP - Dmg marks enemy for 4 seconds and they take 2% of max HP per sec magic dmg and you gain 20 armor/MR every second enemies are a=effected.

I'm gonna add some other items I found via pausing.

Mythic Item
Battering Ram
+40 Attack Damage, +500 Health, +10% Ability Haste - Rage: Dealing Physical damage grants you 20 MS for 2 seconds, increased to 60 MS if it kills the target. Spellblade: After using an ability, your next AA gains bonus range, speed, deals bonus Phys damage equal to 200% of base AD on hit and dashes you a short distance towards the target (1.5 sec cooldown). Other legendary items gain +6% tenacity and slow resistance.

Legendary Item
Shadowbane
+80 AP, +400 Health - UNIQUE Passive: Dealing ability damage applies Shadowbane for 4 seconds. While an enemy is afflicted with Shadowbane, increase your armour and MR by 20 (+5 per additional champion inflicted) and they take 2% max health magic damage per second.

Void Staff also is changed to +25 AP, +15% MR Epic item that costs 1250 so looking like a component item.

This item rework is going to be loving wild.

Firebert posted:

Liandries is a new Mythic item. It can be seen in the video when showing off the shop.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

cant wait for the support ones that are like Attach to an ally player, their auto attacks do 1% current hp physical damage on critical strike

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ulio posted:

Hope these break everything in the game. Want some crazy OP excitement with the weirdest item builds on champions. Change the whole meta on what we know. Shake things up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Firebert posted:

20 mr/armor per second seems uh....good.