Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hahaha. Very good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Arrhythmia posted:

Hahaha. Very good!
I liked the white writing on the black background

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Len posted:

Not every MMO is a winner, but the instagram series is stellar and worth making a throw away account for

MMO is a good comic, about bad people. I cannot read MMO, as it gives me a twisted, anxious feeling in my gut.

It's just too real.

Like, when I watched the movie "The Road". Good movie, but gently caress no will I ever watch it again. It invoked deep feelings of hopelessness and despair.

Speaking of Hopelessness and Despair, let's have some Oglaf!

Johnny Aztec has a new favorite as of 16:56 on Sep 6, 2020

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1302577286336536577?s=19

Here we go

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gamer Dilbert has never been more relatable

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Johnny Aztec posted:

MMO is a good comic, about bad people. I cannot read MMO, as it gives me a twisted, anxious feeling in my gut.

It's just too real.

Like, when I watched the movie "The Road". Good movie, but gently caress no will I ever watch it again. It invoked deep feelings of hopelessness and despair.
What are you talking about? They found a nice bunker full of food and then I stopped the film and refused to ever watch it again. Happy ending!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Splicer posted:

What are you talking about? They found a nice bunker full of food and then I stopped the film and refused to ever watch it again. Happy ending!

This is the best way to watch most movies I find.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Splicer posted:

I took the same approach with 1984 and found it to be an uplifting tale of love triumphing over all.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I appreciate having a big brother to watch over me :unsmith:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I assume the Titanic made it safely to New York, and those two lovebirds got married

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

I assume the Titanic made it safely to New York, and those two lovebirds got married
Eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g42EG7LD1UY

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1302656557847642116?s=19

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Someone should tell gamer dilbert KoL isn't cool to play anymore because Jick is a bad person

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Len posted:

Someone should tell gamer dilbert KoL isn't cool to play anymore because Jick is a bad person

Also it's not loving 2003 anymore.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Len posted:

Beating up your wife is indeed pretty bad

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
and yet we all still post here

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Len posted:

drat, I gave him $10 once.

Wait...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Lmao

I love this stupid poo poo

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Gamer Dilbert is my only reason for living at this point.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1302858039419195394?s=19

Olivia James rules so hard

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy's Labor Day comics

Oops He was fired before finishing the 23rd year

also

Kennel has a new favorite as of 12:07 on Sep 7, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He was fired? I thought there'd been just one guy and he drew Nancy until he died at the age of 120

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

If I wasn't struggling to feed my stupid rear end I would pounce on that second panel as an AV. Y'know, and the whole funneling money to an abusive toe-sucking creep thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Filthy Haiku posted:

If I wasn't struggling to feed my stupid rear end I would pounce on that second panel as an AV. Y'know, and the whole funneling money to an abusive toe-sucking creep thing.

Go ask in the relevant QCS thread, I imagine there's some charity av funds left. I had the same thought when I saw the panel, somebody needs to grab it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Filthy Haiku posted:

hell even this one, look at those shoes!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1302939675133382658

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Awww, what a heartwarming moment.

I guess Dogberts corpse is still rotting in Wallys apartment

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

He was fired? I thought there'd been just one guy and he drew Nancy until he died at the age of 120

Ernie Bushmiller drew the comic from its conception until 1982. After that, there were several artists who picked the strip up briefly, then Guy Gilchrist drew it from 1995-2018, when our beloved Olivia Jaimes took over.

Bushmiller had a very minimalist style, which disappeared with Gilchrist and Olivia Jaimes is bringing back. Just look at those labor day strips, comparing the modern and old ones to the Glichrist one at the bottom.

I have to assume this comic is a call out to that. Bushmiller had always drew as little as possible to get the point and joke across. Simple plants, outcroppings of 3 rocks, certainly not 4. The idea was to be eye catching, but that the newspapers could shrink or distort the comic and the gag and art would still be clear as day.

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1295232674089623557?s=19

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Sep 7, 2020

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Go ask in the relevant QCS thread, I imagine there's some charity av funds left. I had the same thought when I saw the panel, somebody needs to grab it.

Someone did the accounting: there's roughly a billion dollars left.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The joke about Aunt Fritzi wearing snowsuits is because Gilchrist would only draw her in a sexy pin up style.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

The joke about Aunt Fritzi wearing snowsuits is because Gilchrist would only draw her in a sexy pin up style.

Nice, I didn't pick up on that. I was looking at some Glichrist Nancy earlier, they aren't good. Absolute dogshit of a comic.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What I want to know is, why did he get fired after 23 years?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Phlegmish posted:

What I want to know is, why did he get fired after 23 years?

Well, the fact that he was accused of rape by his assistant, probably had a factor in there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

om nom nom posted:

Nice, I didn't pick up on that. I was looking at some Glichrist Nancy earlier, they aren't good. Absolute dogshit of a comic.

Pretty much every panel in the "Sluggo is lit" comic are replies to complaints about James' style. No more sexy Fritzi, jokes about modern technology and using modern slang.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

muscles like this! posted:

Pretty much every panel in the "Sluggo is lit" comic are replies to complaints about James' style. No more sexy Fritzi, jokes about modern technology and using modern slang.
There was an amazing week or so where they were at the swimming pool and Fritzi never appeared on camera in a swimsuit once. The frustration and anger of hornt boomers was palpable. And also readable in plain text on their own words on the internet.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
People are dumb as hell. You can literally find any degree of sexy lady, cartoon or real, on the internet. Why do you need it in your newspaper comics section.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Splicer posted:

There was an amazing week or so where they were at the swimming pool and Fritzi never appeared on camera in a swimsuit once. The frustration and anger of hornt boomers was palpable. And also readable in plain text on their own words on the internet.

Why were you palpating horny boomers to begin with? Unless you are one, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Our sexy traditions vs. some gizmo.