Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

ain't nothin comin
♪ Ain't nothing right. :v:

:sigh:

e: Well, that's a snipe. :cripes: Here, have my puppers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

imagine signing up to the military becoming a literal agent of worldwide fascism and then daring to compare it to people forced into sweatshops to survive lol.

every other poor person managed not to become a baby killer.

Pretty crappy troll to be honest. 3/10, low effort.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Murgos posted:

Pretty crappy troll to be honest. 3/10, low effort.

not a troll, dont really see how "bro i needed my teeth fixed" is a good enough argument for being part of an invasion that killed 1m people voluntarily.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Murgos posted:

Now James, there are two options. One is a crazy extreme idea that somehow Joe Biden orchestrated a world wide pandemic, killing millions and doing trillions in damage, with the sole purpose to discredit Donald J. Trump. The other just assumes that pandemics happen and you should be prepared.

I know which answer you are supporting James but that doesn't mean the rest of need to hear about it.

Nah I'm pretty sure he just thinks Covid is actually a hoax and nobody is dying from a novel virus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

imagine signing up to the military becoming a literal agent of worldwide fascism and then daring to compare it to people forced into sweatshops to survive lol.

every other poor person managed not to become a baby killer.
ive been poor and lemme tell you id have killed some babies if it made me not poor

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Endorph posted:

ive been poor and lemme tell you id have killed some babies if it made me not poor

he didnt even get not poor from it though, he killed babies to remain poor and have less hosed up teeth.

he killed babies for free college, which is very cringe compared to if you killed babies to become like a investment banker.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

he didnt even get not poor from it though, he killed babies to remain poor and have less hosed up teeth.

he killed babies for free college, which is very cringe compared to if you killed babies to become like a investment banker.
like how many babies are we talking? 3? that seems fair

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Endorph posted:

like how many babies are we talking? 3? that seems fair

depends on his branch of service tbh, like if you're a marine, thats atleast a dozen babies, airforce? hundreds, navy? probably 5 or 6. army? idk, probably just sweeped up some rubble or something.

investment banker? probably atleast 100

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

not a troll, dont really see how "bro i needed my teeth fixed" is a good enough argument for being part of an invasion that killed 1m people voluntarily.

You don't see how people oppressed by a system to keep them in poverty and uneducated with few options to improve and are faced daily by advertising campaigns backed by massive publicity budgets, big budget hero movies and constant hammering about 'our heroes' and '9/11 never forget' from all sides can decide that maybe they will try that out and see if that's better than their current soul crushing existence?

Whatever.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Murgos posted:

Now James, there are two options. One is a crazy extreme idea that somehow Joe Biden orchestrated a world wide pandemic, killing millions and doing trillions in damage, with the sole purpose to discredit Donald J. Trump. The other just assumes that pandemics happen and you should be prepared.

I know which answer you are supporting James but that doesn't mean the rest of need to hear about it.

I mean I know the guy's an idiot but the conspiracy theory of the pandemic being manufactured to sink Trump is also dumb because it assumes Trump would gently caress up the response spectacularly. If he'd done a decent job there would be a rally around the flag effect and I think this would be a very close election.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Shifty Pony posted:

Talks stalled out then the stock market recovered and some of the job losses have reversed. Those two things feed strongly into Trump's "everything is actually fantastic because I'm in charge" bias and no evidence to the contrary ever makes it to him because his sycophants only let him see positive news.

So don't expect anything to change until the stock market explodes.

Well the Federal Government has been in a purely reactionary mode for quite some time. There has been no push for years to actually solve problems before they blow up or make anything better. It is purely putting duct tape on things after they explode and wanting you to thank them for it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Murgos posted:

You don't see how people oppressed by a system to keep them in poverty and uneducated with few options to improve and are faced daily by advertising campaigns backed by massive publicity budgets, big budget hero movies and constant hammering about 'our heroes' and '9/11 never forget' from all sides can decide that maybe they will try that out and see if that's better than their current soul crushing existence?

Whatever.

none of that changes the fact that signing up for the military is literally signing up to kill people you've never met. Just because it's justified by propoganda dosen't change the fact it's loving gristly lol.

whats next are you gona defend the 19 year olds who signed up for the wehrmacht because they really did believe they were the master race and it was their destiny to rule europe lol, are they just misunderstood kids who were misled?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Ah not worth it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

noted troll position of killing people is bad and people who are willing to murder people should maybe be held accountable for it.

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

ItohRespectArmy posted:

depends on his branch of service tbh, like if you're a marine, thats atleast a dozen babies, airforce? hundreds, navy? probably 5 or 6. army? idk, probably just sweeped up some rubble or something.

investment banker? probably atleast 100

There’s no need to project your baby killing shame onto others. I am aware of the moral consequences of my life decisions and I have made peace with them. You’d do well to reflect on the morality of your own life choices.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Actually I signed up to ensure someone kept track of items issued to people who kill people.

E: try sneaking a dirty kevlar past me and then say there is no justice

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Hairy Marionette posted:

There’s no need to project your baby killing shame onto others. I am aware of the moral consequences of my life decisions and I have made peace with them. You’d do well to reflect on the morality of your own life choices.

my life choices dont include joining an army of fascists, how many deaths are you responsible for? I'm at 0 personally.

imagine trying to defend having blood on your hands with "i needed my teeth fixed" though, that's incredible.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

none of that changes the fact that signing up for the military is literally signing up to kill people you've never met. Just because it's justified by propoganda dosen't change the fact it's loving gristly lol.

whats next are you gona defend the 19 year olds who signed up for the wehrmacht because they really did believe they were the master race and it was their destiny to rule europe lol, are they just misunderstood kids who were misled?

And BAM! Godwin out of left field. Somehow I think my original assessment that you are a poor troll was kind of spot on.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Murgos posted:

And BAM! Godwin out of left field. Somehow I think my original assessment that you are a poor troll was kind of spot on.

there are no similarities between modern america and nazi germany of course, as we know, there were no poor children in nazi germany who needed a way out.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Murgos posted:

Godwin isn’t a judgment of whether an argument is or isn’t appropriate, just that the longer a discussion goes on the Nazis will come up.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
You see good people benefit from empire like this
*deet deet deet*

Bad people benefit from empire like this
*doot doot doot*

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Kind of sad you didn't go into some elaborate baby killing details to show just how much you hate the army. Like I am only getting a vague sense of soldiers looking for babies to kill. You sure you don't want to go into pure violent fantasy to prove your point

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

*deet deet deet*

*doot doot doot*

seeing as i'm not american I don't think I've benefited from the american empire at all.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Madkal posted:

Kind of sad you didn't go into some elaborate baby killing details to show just how much you hate the army. Like I am only getting a vague sense of soldiers looking for babies to kill. You sure you don't want to go into pure violent fantasy to prove your point

making jokes on the internet about babies dying is the same as joining an army to kill them yes

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm loving stoked about this strange beast slouching towards Bethlehem.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ItohRespectArmy posted:

making jokes on the internet about babies dying is the same as joining an army to kill them yes

Well I mean you keep saying soldiers sign up to kill babies so you tell me.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

ItohRespectArmy posted:

seeing as i'm not american I don't think I've benefited from the american empire at all.

Hrmmm for a non-American you seem real knowledgeable about the material,cultural, and lived experience that may drive the desperate to join the military.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

*deet deet deet*

*doot doot doot*

Talking about the personal morality of our choices when we’re all trapped in a totalizing system of inequality and atomization is real forest for the trees stuff but it’s so ingrained in our culture to do it that even Comrades who should know better waste their time arguing with liberals who may or may not know better, and accepting liberal, atomized conditions as given.

There is no ethical existence under capitalism. However, if you resist the urgency of the need to change this system, you are, knowingly or not, resisting the only potential route of escape from this immiseration we visit and have visited upon our class cohort.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Telsa Cola posted:

Hrmmm for a non-American you seem real knowledgeable about the material,cultural, and lived experience that may drive the desperate to join the military.

yes

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Djarum posted:

Well the Federal Government has been in a purely reactionary mode for quite some time. There has been no push for years to actually solve problems before they blow up or make anything better. It is purely putting duct tape on things after they explode and wanting you to thank them for it.

Maintenance is important, but expensive.

I'd really like to know who is actually good at doing it, because maybe I'd apply to work there since they'd obviously be more forward-thinking than everywhere else.

I suspect the answer is "nobody does maintenance properly" and cuts corners, though. I say this as a homeowner who would do maintenance properly if I had more money, and also as a one-time maintenance professional who worked for a company that was pretty good about DOING maintenance on a schedule, but paid garbage wages.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

How so? Because you sure don't sound like you know what being a poor, desperate minority is like.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

They are all so loving stupid

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Telsa Cola posted:

How so? Because you sure don't sound like you know what being a poor, desperate minority is like.

Are we to take it as given that this is representative of the people who join the military?

I don’t think that’s true; median parental wage for recruits seems to be higher than the median parental wage overall, which you’d expect the opposite from what you’re saying:

https://www.ifn.se/wfiles/wp/wp965.pdf

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

*Quote tweets reply to an article about a possible future pandemic*

"HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY KNOW?????"

These are some brain geniuses, I tell you..

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

my life choices dont include joining an army of fascists, how many deaths are you responsible for? I'm at 0 personally.

Buddy, if you participated in capitalism in any way whatsoever, you've already done immoral poo poo that absolutely has a body count attached to it.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Telsa Cola posted:

could you ballpark the number of iraqis you get a pass on killing if you're a poor desperate minority in america for me, and how that number changes as you approach the actual demographic the military recruits from

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Phobic Nest posted:

Trump's twitter is such a bizarre endless trainwreck and doesn't deserve the small amount of analysis I'm giving it but it Just. Doesn't. End.

This

I like to use this fact as a rebuttal to CHUDS I know who "both sides" everything and accuse me of getting all my news from CNN and poo poo. His Twitter feed ALONE is enough to disqualify him from office and tells me all I need to know about him, how he thinks and what he says. No "taking him out of context". No media "bias".

Just straight up Official Statements from the POTUS delivered with all the tact and nuance of an 11 year old kid playing with his first cell phone.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Telsa Cola posted:

there are poor people all over the world who manage without joining any kind of military or police force, america is only special in that it has the biggest and most obviously violent military, the material conditions of america isn't unique and the fact that you guys think it is means you've bought into american propoganda that it's unlike any other place.

there is no mortal justification for joining the military, anything said by disgusting scum that call themselves "troops" is just pure cope. I wish that story about vietnam vets being spat on was true, they deserved it, infact they deserved far worse.

and before you say "b-but the draft!!!!111" a 19 year old taylor swift stan is brave enough to say no to the IDF and go to prison for it, how can you be such a coward that you'd join a military doing the same thing voluntarily?

imagine being at peace after doing that, couldn't be me.

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

ItohRespectArmy posted:

imagine trying to defend having blood on your hands with "i needed my teeth fixed" though, that's incredible.

I was trained on clearing IEDs and mine fields. My own baby killing was cut short cause I got injured state side. I never got the opportunity to clear real IEDs. Because of budget constraints I only got to practice on a few baby mines. Most of my training was on fully insert aborted fetuses.

If I’d gone over to the sandbox I could have blown up so many more babies. But still, I was good enough with the ANPS-14 that I trained the rest of my company on its use. So I’m sure I’ve got a high assist count.

Fake edit: the joke is that land mines are made out of babies. Like you, it’s not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

selec posted:

Are we to take it as given that this is representative of the people who join the military?

I don’t think that’s true; median parental wage for recruits seems to be higher than the median parental wage overall, which you’d expect the opposite from what you’re saying:

https://www.ifn.se/wfiles/wp/wp965.pdf

I will take a look, thanks.