Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Mailer posted:

No, don't be stupid. Those are obviously bedrooms.

Gravity goo will hold me close!

e: gravity goo cat tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

tuo posted:

Gravity goo will hold me close!

e: gravity goo cat tax:

Magravity, the Mystery Cat

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

tuo posted:

Does each engine have it's own cockpit?

That would actually be interesting and wacky, but SC is aiming for lukewarm and generic so not likely.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's chris, it's meant to be Boba Fett's ship

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1303016525583003653
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1302932833535700994
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1302935025587978244

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Does Jorunn get paid by RSI? If not he is extremely sad.

Also those SQ42 clips are looking pretty retro.

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

Yes, make a GIF with all the SQ54 star power and then misspell the name of Gillian Anderson.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
r/starcitizen: REXZILLA "voice"/ TERADA "picture"/ CITIZEN SERIE "music" LOOK AT THIS!!!!!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

lobsterminator posted:

Is there a video game equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/io67uh/theyre_photoshopping_their_own_clouds_into_screen/

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Is there a video game equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome?

Stockholm syndrome isn't real and was made up by the police to cover up why the hostage they almost got killed was mad at them.
These are just people too in love with a dream to look at what is in front of them.

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!
Star Citizer: When there is the rumour of a 'Live' release the numbers will explode

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

lobsterminator posted:

He’s just the king of the gamedad whales. He’s spent the last 8 years shilling SC in every way imaginable, and paying CIG for the privilege. He has a weekly show on Twitch with other whales, and he organizes the Bar Citizen events.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

colonelwest posted:

He’s just the king of the gamedad whales. He’s spent the last 8 years shilling SC in every way imaginable, and paying CIG for the privilege. He has a weekly show on Twitch with other whales, and he organizes the Bar Citizen events.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/51881206-on-a-life-well-spent

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

h3isenbug posted:

Star Citizer: When there is the rumour of a 'Live' release the numbers servers will explode

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

quote:

For Sataball to be a thing it needs Push/Pull mechanics anyway.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

I legitimately thought Jorunn was a full-time employee this whole time.

Bill Decker
Jan 5, 2020
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/io7dbi/every_time_i_join_the_game_my_legs_are_broken/

Star Citizer: Every time i join the game my legs are broken

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Not a bug; if you want to come into the game with your legs not broken, you better buy something, capisce?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1539313.Wing_Commander_Novelization

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

:lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I just don't get why Ben got so attached to Wing Commander of all things - there are so many far better developed and interesting IP's out there.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I have an extremely rare edition printed in Swahili, which has a misspelled word on page 36. I’m selling it to Ben for $13,000.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:lol:

Thom12255 posted:

I just don't get why Ben got so attached to Wing Commander of all things - there are so many far better developed and interesting IP's out there.

I’ve always wondered that. He’s just about the last person on Earth who gives a poo poo about Wing Commander. Other franchises have huge active communities he could be a part of.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Thom12255 posted:

Because it saved his eyesight or something

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

colonelwest posted:

:lol:

I’ve always wondered that. He’s just about the last person on Earth who gives a poo poo about Wing Commander. Other franchises have huge active communities he could be a part of.

I'll let Ben explain

quote:

Hey everybody! Thank you so much for the kind words. It's a very tough time right now, but having so much good energy from you means more than I can express.

If you'll indulge me, I can give a little background for the folks who were interested (in a way, it's what got me here!) I have a genetic condition called Stickler Syndrome, which causes your body to make some connective tissue incorrectly. It can cause a lot of different problems, especially with joints, eyes and ears.

In the case of eyes, it causes retina tears and detachments... and it also makes it very hard for doctors to repair that damage (the vitreous goo in your eye pulls the retina back off.) When I was in high school, I had a tear in my left eye and I had about a dozen surgeries to try and fix it. Unfortunatley, it didn't work out.

Retina surgery is a nasty thing (or at least it was then) and part of it involves putting a bubble of gas or silicon in your eye that floats there to try and hold the retina on. And then you have to lie face down for months and months waiting to hope the re-attachment takes. A dozen surgeries with several month recovery times after each meant that I missed a couple years of my life.

By nature, fourteen year olds are stupid and of course none of my school friends really wanted to hang out with someone who couldn't move or see. So I became very lonely and depressed during those years... and I discovered the Wing Commander community, who didn't care that I was chatting on IRC suspended over a computer. And what's more they were such good people who genuinely seemed to care about my problems.

So that's really why I've been so dedicated to Wing Commander over the years! Everyone was so kind to me, the friends I made on the Usenet and IRC are still my closest friends in the world twenty years on. (As were the folks at Origin! I will never forget when a producer on Wing Prophecy found out I was sick and sent me one of the helmet props.)

When I started college (literally: the day I started college, after moving across the country) my right eye went. And everything started again... I had about twenty surgeries and was ultimately very lucky--they took. It was a long, painful recovery and I ended up starting school a couple years late. (And as stupid as it sounds, one thing that kept me going was knowing there was a new Wing Commander novel to read!)

All that work on the back of my eye meant making a mess of the front of my eye, and at the end of it all I needed to have an artificial lens implanted. That was 15 years ago, and my eyes have been blessedly stable ever since then.

Then at some point in the last few months, the lens I had implanted became detached and started falling 'down' into my eye. So what they're doing on Friday is removing this lens and putting in a new one. If all goes well everything will be just fine and I'll be able to see better than ever (modern technology has improved these things significantly!)... but it's considered a complicated procedure because they have to be very careful not to do anything that will damage my retina in the process and start this whole chain over again.

So I'm very anxious and scared at the moment, but I'm hopeful that everything will be just fine. All the love from the Star Citizen community, my Wing Commander buddies, my friends and family makes me feel so much more positive than I ever did years ago. I'll be patched and unable to see for 24 hours after the procedure, but I'm sure Ali and Jared will update everyone. But thank you all, so much.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

colonelwest posted:

He was ill as a teen, and had surgery to correct an eyesight problem. He credits playing and/or reading about Wing Commander with saving his eyesight after the surgery. Chris Roberts is/was, to quote Depeche Mode: his own / personal / Jesus

I don't think it's hard to understand why someone who endured some deep health issues as a teen would latch onto a thing that was meaningful to them at the time. It's more difficult and/or sad to think about why that was never re-evaluated as someone got older.

e:f;b

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/CswY6HX.mp4

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
I'm not playing until Mission Giver Eddie Parr is in the game. I only want the best hand picked artisanal missions from Eddie, and he needs to be wearing a lot of jackets. More jackets = more missions

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I'm not playing until mission giver Joseph and his amazing technicolor dreamcoat are in the game.*

* My bet is he turns out to really be Judas

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How upset do you think Ben is about Taco Bell downsizing their menu?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

I didn't realise that Ben's disease also affected his joints. I'm sure being 450lbs will definitely not help with that. :fatshark:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Spatial posted:

I didn't realise that Ben's disease also affected his joints. I'm sure being 450lbs will definitely not help with that. :fatshark:

The joint problem is probably a big reason why he is 450lbs, hard to do any kind of exercise with joint pain and I'm sure months of not being able to leave bed in your teenage years gave him some pretty terrible diet habits. I feel pretty sorry for him.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I can't feel sorry for him after reading some of the poo poo that used to be on his website

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ok, so here is some truth.

Chris Roberts has always cared alot about as fans and most especially Ben.

The last Chris and Sandi where seen was when they left together, taking an economy class air trip to see Ben and his wife to discuss how the could offer Star Citizen backers some extra value for free.

I'm not saying Ben and Alex ate Chris and Sandi but where is the proof that they did not?

Just say.

Honest, I'm not lying and a Derek Smart alt and anyone saying I am will have to deal with Legal.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How upset do you think Ben is about Taco Bell downsizing their menu?

Probably feels like a Mexican pizza, being pulled apart

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Based on Bootcha's last video and what little I've seen of him (most of it posted here), I've sort of come around to thinking Ben, albeit definitely weird and obsessive, he at least believed he was working with Crobbler on a sincere project and dishonesty was necessary to secure the required funding and keep the dream alive for the community.

He is more what Chris should have been for his own project, than Crobbler ever was. And got thrown under a bus the moment his usefulness was thought to have ran out. Or maybe he started questioning Sandi's role and/or the lack of progress, broken promises, outright lying to the community.

Maybe when the project finally implodes, he'll get to tell his side of the story about how the scam was really set up in the post-mortem doc.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Kosumo posted:

I'm not playing until mission giver Joseph and his amazing technicolor dreamcoat are in the game.*

* My bet is he turns out to really be Judas

You'll have to wait until the JESUS PATCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm still kind of new here. What is FUD exactly?