Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.

Khris Kruel posted:

I maxed out on chips and the duo clone for the 75 sp per min and it honestly helps alot. But since not alot of people did that I'll be all alone in tech 7 building battlecruisers for myself for awhile.

You haven’t fully hung up your hat yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

MikoLovesYou posted:

You haven’t fully hung up your hat yet?

Well for a week I was the only tech 6 producer. Everyones caught up now so I've been stepping back on cruisers. But when tech 7 pops ill probably be the only one capable for a week or two.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

we killed a couple dozen ppl, some idiot lost a stabber with 2 scrams and deadspace loot lmao

esto es malo fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 7, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

jabro posted:

If you manually log out there is a 30 second timer before logging if not in a station so I assume that 30 second timer is still there if you just close the app.

trying my best to try and manipulate the network data to try and keep my accounts logged in and active while i've long closed it

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
:sickos::honk:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

:honk:

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

octan3 posted:

It might have been covered already, but is it worth grabbing the cognitive chips if you are happy to throw a bit of money at this?

And if so, is it worth getting the bundle or just the two cheaper chips?

The way that bigger ships and higher paying missions are gated behind total skill points in this game, you get pretty good returns on buying them early. Buying the first two with isk is pretty trivial right now, though. 80% of what you are paying for is the last +5 chip.

I guess my suggestion is to play the game and buy the first two with isk. That's doable in a few days even as a brand new character. If you still like the game and think you'll be playing for a while, go for it.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Just work up to buying the first two with isk. Don't bother with the last chip at this point. The reason to get the last chip was to be ahead of the race to higher tiers, but if you didn't buy that chip in the first week, its not going to be worth it now.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Ya I got all three chips on my main but just the first 2 on my alts. Last one seems overpriced for the last 5 sp.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Can anyone give a quick explanation on expediting skill training, and what the tradeoffs are of expediting something instead of just waiting for the clock to run out on it normally?

Like, I am training a skill with 74 hours left on it and it would cost me 270k of my current 530k to expedite it. What are the pros/cons of expediting vs. just waiting 3 days?

Are there any downsides other than not having that pool of free skill points sitting around to potentially expedite something else in the future? Does expediting make you "lose" skill points in the long run?

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 7, 2020

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

Parker Lewis posted:

Can anyone give a quick explanation on expediting skill training, and what the tradeoffs are of expediting something instead of just waiting for the clock to run out on it normally?

Like, I am training a skill with 74 hours left on it and it would cost me 270k of my current 530k to expedite it. What are the pros/cons of expediting vs. just waiting 3 days?

Are there any downsides other than not having that pool of free skill points sitting around to potentially expedite something else in the future?

Pretty much just the last option. I know some people are doing things like not training a skill whatsoever to pile up the SP for T7 to rush Battlecruisers but that's entirely up to you if you want to do that.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Parker Lewis posted:

Are there any downsides other than not having that pool of free skill points sitting around to potentially expedite something else in the future? Does expediting make you "lose" skill points in the long run?

Iirc unspent skill points still count towards your total points for your tech level so spending them on speeding up training is the only way to "loose" them once they are in the bank. Someone feel free to correct me if I can't read

Zabba51
Aug 21, 2020

Idiot
My EE story so far
Joined NOOG
Moved IRL
Booted from NOOG
NOOG is empty
Invited to WAFE
Read thread/drama
Leave WAFE
Homeless

10/10 would play again

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:honk: et al. are chill and good

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zabba51 posted:

My EE story so far
Joined NOOG
Moved IRL
Booted from NOOG
NOOG is empty
Invited to WAFE
Read thread/drama
Leave WAFE
Homeless

10/10 would play again

Hop in the discord in the OP and apply to HAUS, this is the most stable things have ever been and now we're giving free ships out to people.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Shortest Path posted:

Hop in the discord in the OP and apply to HAUS, this is the most stable things have ever been and now we're giving free ships out to people.

Gee I don't know how that J4G spy got into the corp. They seemed alright with their 1 total post.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

jabro posted:

Gee I don't know how that J4G spy got into the corp. They seemed alright with their 1 total post.

There's internal auth for a reason :P

Zabba51
Aug 21, 2020

Idiot

I'm in it. Waiting on my 24h cool down period to to be able to apply. Didn't realize the drama while moving and didn't notice something was wrong until wafe was in a alliance by itself. Yes I guess I am slow.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zabba51 posted:

I'm in it. Waiting on my 24h cool down period to to be able to apply. Didn't realize the drama while moving and didn't notice something was wrong until wafe was in a alliance by itself. Yes I guess I am slow.

lol

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Zabba51 posted:

Hello friendo, glad you joined our merry band here at somethingawful.com . I regret to inform you that folks who play eve are loving obsessed about folks who join something awful to get into the eve corps. Due to this unhealthy obsession, you probably won't ever be able to join any of the "cool" corps. Some of this is due to "spying", but the majority of it is because eve folks are loving CREEPY.

Explore the forum, learn to not get probed too often, and forget about eve gaming with goons.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Zabba51 posted:

How are you enjoying the *checks notes* ...website

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sickening posted:

Hello friendo, glad you joined our merry band here at somethingawful.com . I regret to inform you that folks who play eve are loving obsessed about folks who join something awful to get into the eve corps. Due to this unhealthy obsession, you probably won't ever be able to join any of the "cool" corps. Some of this is due to "spying", but the majority of it is because eve folks are loving CREEPY.

Explore the forum, learn to not get probed too often, and forget about eve gaming with goons.

After the past couple weeks I think people are more than justified to be suspicious of fresh registrations trying to get into an eve corp, tbh.

Also for most goon gaming groups, the idea is to play with other members of Something Awful, not people who see how big we are in a game and decide to pay 10 dollars so they can play with us. Not saying that's the case for this particular guy, but with old EvE Online and WoW groups that was definitely common. Hell, we had it happen multiple times when the Politics and War alliance was going, they even posted j4g threads in GBS. And that was a crappy browser game that we were playing specifically to gently caress with people.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 7, 2020

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Zabba51 posted:

Hello sir. Please consider not paying for anything else on this site, because you're giving money to a spineless wife beating piece of poo poo. We are not sure when this will change.

You also may have meant to click on this thread.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

It's time to revive mayo eating. :mayo:

Zabba51
Aug 21, 2020

Idiot

After the past couple weeks I think people are more than justified to be suspicious of fresh registrations trying to get into an eve corp, tbh.

Also for most goon gaming groups, the idea is to play with other members of Something Awful, not people who see how big we are in a game and decide to pay 10 dollars so they can play with us. Not saying that's the case for this particular guy, but with old EvE Online and WoW groups that was definitely common. Hell, we had it happen multiple times when the Politics and War alliance was going, they even posted j4g threads in GBS. And that was a crappy browser game that we were playing specifically to gently caress with people.

I'm familiar and more than willing to wait as needed. Played EO previously through a sponsorship so I never had a SA account previously. Enjoyed the group when I was in EO hence the interest in EE.

I dont blame anyone for being suspicious of new registrations especially without API checks and figured the post would be viewed as such.

I'll wait as long as needed. I'm patient.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

Zabba51 posted:

I'm familiar and more than willing to wait as needed. Played EO previously through a sponsorship so I never had a SA account previously. Enjoyed the group when I was in EO hence the interest in EE.

I dont blame anyone for being suspicious of new registrations especially without API checks and figured the post would be viewed as such.

Then I suggest you go out in the forums and :justpost:

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Swinging in while auto piloting to say I am having a blast with honkfleet. Also the game is good.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Zabba51 posted:

we're looking for people who enjoy SA culture, which means posting and being apart of our culture.

Biding your time won't help you.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Our production Corp is now proving free ships up to tier 5, so there’s no better time to play a cool game with some friends, the goons.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

:eng101: You can also press the hamburger button located next to "Skill Effects Level”

:eng101: And have options to expedite parts of skills individually that are not in your current queue.

This let's you continue to train long skills, while expediting shorter ones that might take priority for a given situation or plan.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Our production Corp is now proving free ships up to tier 5, so there’s no better time to play a cool game with some friends, the goons.

and tier 6 at cost

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

It only took us 30m from finding out about the existance of a compressed belt, to having TWO belts mined, and popping this beauty of a Dramiel.

Goon Ops!

Zabba51
Aug 21, 2020

Idiot

Khris Kruel posted:

we're looking for people who enjoy SA culture, which means posting and being apart of our culture.

Biding your time won't help you.

Fair enough. Alot to learn about the forums. Though Goons with Spoons has caught my attention.

Best I can do is become part of the community and one day earn a spot. Thanks for the dialog, I really appreciate it.

Also, great dram kill in thr post above.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Zabba51 posted:

We actually aren't Goons by the way Eve Online and Eve Online Goonswarm measures things, so this really isn't the right group for you.

You're looking for the Eve Online Goons Guild: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938737

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Go RV! posted:

It only took us 30m from finding out about the existance of a compressed belt, to having TWO belts mined, and popping this beauty of a Dramiel.

Goon Ops!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:eyepop:

I’ve made about 100m ISK since learning about high sec anomalies but I’m getting kind of bored with it. Mission running sounds fun but I’m not on consistently enough or for long enough stretches for lengthy goon pve ops. Part of me just wants to load out a stealth bomber and help clear out the horseshoe...

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 8, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kaysette posted:

:eyepop:

I’ve made about 100m ISK since learning about high sec anomalies but I’m getting kind of bored with it. Mission running sounds fun but I’m not on consistently enough or for long enough stretches for lengthy goon pve ops. Part of me just wants to load out a stealth bomber and help clear out the horseshoe...

The news missions are decent paydays if you stick to the story stuff.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

MarcusSA posted:

The news missions are decent paydays if you stick to the story stuff.

I should upgrade to a maller now and do that. I’ve got the omen fit already so it’ll be easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:five: