Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Lower your shields, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

phasmid posted:

Lower your shields, please.

The slow shuttlecraft penetrates the shields

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

The Bloop posted:

The slow shuttlecraft penetrates the shields

The Borg Queen and Lord CYBERTREX, armed with Fremen lore, laugh evilly in the spacious Un-Cube pondering their next move.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

phasmid posted:

The Borg Queen and Lord CYBERTREX, armed with Fremen lore, laugh evilly in the spacious Un-Cube pondering their next move.

The drop becomes the ocean, the ocean becomes a drop

Imagine explaining that to a fremen, using pussy magic

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

euphronius posted:

I didn’t turn out very well

now that's a freudian slip if I ever saw one

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Just saw the teaser trailer before Tenet and I am very loving excited.

Posthuman
Jan 10, 2005

I give all those dicks and cocks sir

ADULT BEEFSWELLING OF DUNE

Chapter One

Moist within the intimate enclosure of his stillsuit, the dark figure gazed across the desertscape. "All that meets the eye is calm and tranquil," he essayed, "but stirring within my loins is wormsign the likes of which God Himself has never seen."

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Kull Wahad!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I'll drown your Maker in this WAP, until you give me the Water of Life.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
whole rear end prescience

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Frank really likes van gogh eh

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Just caught the trailer before Tenet. IT WAS HYPE AS HELL. The score was loving cool, like I expected to like it, but I was k super into it. KULL. loving. WAHAD. Beefswelling achieved.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

!Klams posted:

Just caught the trailer before Tenet. IT WAS HYPE AS HELL. The score was loving cool, like I expected to like it, but I was k super into it. KULL. loving. WAHAD. Beefswelling achieved.

It's only 09/06 so what you saw was just the trailer for the real trailer :colbert:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's only 09/06 so what you saw was just the trailer for the real trailer :colbert:

AND I AM STIRRED

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

!Klams posted:

AND I AM STIRRED

Profoundly?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

God this is going to be a very painful next few days waiting for this drat trailer. Watch it drop and everyone decides this looks like crap. I don't think theres ever been this much hype in a fandom over the release of a movie trailer before.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

haha can't wait for the DOUBLE SIDED MAKER HOOKS

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

I said come in! posted:

God this is going to be a very painful next few days waiting for this drat trailer. Watch it drop and everyone decides this looks like crap. I don't think theres ever been this much hype in a fandom over the release of a movie trailer before.

Yeah, with some of these types of movies, they have to compromise. Make it flashier and "epic" enough to pull in the larger market, while still trying to please the fans, and just creating something that no one likes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They're testing the poo poo out of these trailers and they go with the best testing numbers. Those numbers aren't based on what hard-core fans most want to see, our asses are already in the theater. It's what pulls the demos in the best, so it's rare that the trailer pleases the hard-cores.

Like basically how do you pull in the females 35+ quad? How do you do that and also hit the other quads? They don't develop one trailer, they develop many and what tests the best wins out with endless tweaks that more often than not lowers the quality of the trailer but hey all the filmmakers, testing and execs all have to have their say.

In my opinion trailers are often perfect around version 20 and then often finish around version 30, 40 or even 50.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
Rereading God Emperor for the first time in, like, twenty years.

God, is Leto an unsufferable oval office. "Nuh, nuh - I won't tell" "You'll find out when it is time" "No, I can't give you a straight answer, that would require an extra sentence and I need that sentence to talk about how I'm awesome and y'all suck"

No wonder they try to kill him all the time.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, This Self-Described Tyrant is Kind of a Prick

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

RedSnapper posted:

God, is Leto an unsufferable oval office. "Nuh, nuh - I won't tell" "You'll find out when it is time" "No, I can't give you a straight answer, that would require an extra sentence and I need that sentence to talk about how I'm awesome and y'all suck"

all part of the plan :smuggobutonasandwormbody:

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

Any recommendations for audiobook reader? I want to listen to dune

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Ragtime All The Time posted:

if you read a book out loud, it is like an audiobook.

read dune as a book, is what i mean.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I do kind of want to hear the Count Fenrig parts on audiobook now

Has Gilbert Gottfried ever read Dune for one?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Where the gently caress is my screen adaptation of God Emperor. I'll even take an anime at this point

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Where the gently caress is my screen adaptation of God Emperor. I'll even take an anime at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypuMGLVz2M8

foreign hardsubs for algorithm evasion I guess.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

kiimo posted:

Like basically how do you pull in the females 35+ quad?

I believe this involves footage of someone rock climbing their way out of the Sareer.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RedSnapper posted:

To be fair they do all suck

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Murray Mantoinette posted:

I believe this involves footage of someone rock climbing their way out of the Sareer.

Now hoping they made this a two-parter primarily so they could somehow work that scene in and make it last 15 minutes.

gently caress it, prescience, do it as a flash-forward.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
How do you film 600 pages of internal monologue? It would be terrible. I always invisioned it as being like one of those TV shows where the laugh track has been taken out, but with even more awkward pauses.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
*two minutes of silence*

*Moneo shifts uneasily*

*Two minutes of silence*

*Moneo flees the room*

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

I have an old version read by Scott Brick that I am partial to.

Only narrated by him without any other cast.

think it is this one according to reddit

https://www.worldcat.org/title/dune/oclc/51851661&referer=brief_results

Stanky Bean fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 7, 2020

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

The old Recorded Books one where George Guidall narrates.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

If they could make the movie Secret Honor they could make GE. They never would but it could be done

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

exmachina posted:

How do you film 600 pages of internal monologue? It would be terrible. I always invisioned it as being like one of those TV shows where the laugh track has been taken out, but with even more awkward pauses.

Lots and lots of montage

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

The Bloop posted:

Hey, This Self-Described Tyrant is Kind of a Prick
Point taken

u brexit ukip it posted:

To be fair they do all suck
Also correct

Still, giving a straight answer to "what would you like for dinner" once a century would probably reduce assassination attempts by at least 40%

I know getting killed is a part of his Gand Design, but still.. Such an rear end in a top hat

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

exmachina posted:

Like the parent trap, only one twin always talks and one is always silent. Also, they're next to each other for the whole movie

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Like seriously I would like to see it as an arthouse cinemagraphic challenge, but as a commercial release, no way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

exmachina posted:

Like seriously I would like to see it as an arthouse cinemagraphic challenge, but as a commercial release, no way

Unironically film Dune like Russian Ark