Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

RagnarokAngel posted:

No you actually get to see the dong and design it.

Yeah, they have several penis options and enough going on for a whole paragraph in a press kit, it's more than a little creepy. Only one vagina option, though.

I never received confirmation on if they implemented a 'none' genitalia option. Not just skipping the selection, I'm talking about an outright 'there's nothing down there' option. I feel like that's a perfectly legitimate choice, and not having it would say something about their priorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Do you think that's where the saying "a smooth operator" comes from?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, they have several penis options and enough going on for a whole paragraph in a press kit, it's more than a little creepy. Only one vagina option, though.

I never received confirmation on if they implemented a 'none' genitalia option. Not just skipping the selection, I'm talking about an outright 'there's nothing down there' option. I feel like that's a perfectly legitimate choice, and not having it would say something about their priorities.

None penis with left ball

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cleretic posted:

You're assuming a lot that a "disable mature content" option wouldn't exist. It's just not exciting to talk about.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

RagnarokAngel posted:

You're assuming a lot that a "disable mature content" option wouldn't exist. It's just not exciting to talk about.
They're not talking about turning off genitals, they're talking about their in-universe genitalia having been completely removed rendering them a barbie doll down there. The company is saying the genital customisation level is about representation and reflection of a world where body mods are easy and common, but if it's never occurred to them to include an in-universe option of "none of the above" then that that lends credence to the argument that their six kinds of penis (and one vagina, that's sad on so many levels) is more about titillation than exploration of the future of self modification.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Sep 8, 2020

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010
I think it was less than six?

Oh, yeah, it was just two penis options and one vagina. It's very weird to see so much emphasis on such a barebones choice.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Dylan16807 posted:

Oh, yeah, it was just two penis options and one vagina. It's very weird to see so much emphasis on such a barebones choice.

Why bother doing it themselves, when there are modders who will happily do the work for free?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dylan16807 posted:

It was following the whole transphobic employee/sign debacle, they made a big deal over how you could mix and match genitals regardless of gender.

But yeah if there's just three options that's a lot less suspect all around, I was picturing a lovingly crafted dong array scrolling across the bottom of the character screen

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CommunityEdition posted:

Why bother doing it themselves, when there are modders who will happily do the work for free?

Yeah the fact that there's already a frame work for changing it tells me this molerat is going to have some enormous anime tiddies less than 24 hours after launch.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Splicer posted:

I was picturing a lovingly crafted dong array scrolling across the bottom of the character screen

As if that's not a feature I'd gladly pay for in any game

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It feels weirdly puritanical to be so concerned when the source is a kotaku article that mentions the genitals amongst several other options.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/06/cyberpunk-2077-customisation-character-creator/

quote:

For those who want to see every option, there’s a lot. 6 skin types, 35 hairstyles, 17 eyes, 8 eyebrows, 17 eyes, 17 mouths, 17 jaws, 17 ears, 8 bits of “cyberware” (as well as no cyberware), 9 types of scars plus off, 6 types of tatts plus off, 11 piercings plus off, 5 types of teeth, 8 bits of eye makeup, 5 bits of lip makeup plus off, 3 blemishes, 3 types of nipples, 5 types of body tatts, 2 types of body scars, 2 dick types, 1 vagina option, dick size options, and 5 types of pubic hairs.

You’re not immediately presented with the nudity, either. If you want to just have that stuff disabled, it stays disabled. If you want it hanging out there, then have at it. But what’s nice is that the game will at least honour your choice, if you then want to have a randomised preset. I cycled through the randomised character generator for about two minutes straight, and it never actively changed the genitalia preferences (mine were disabled).

Like nothing about that feels off especially mixed in with other stuff and it can be ignored. Its just a games journalist mentioning it to articulate how many options there are. CD Projekt hasnt said anything themselves other than options will not be locked behind gender.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Solice Kirsk posted:

I blame Rock Star and their horse balls for this.

edit:
There better be a cybernetic penis option or so help me I'll take to social media about it.

“We own how many petabytes of horse vagina?”

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Honestly that’s way fewer tattoos than I would have expected.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

RagnarokAngel posted:

It feels weirdly puritanical to be so concerned when the source is a kotaku article that mentions the genitals amongst several other options.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/06/cyberpunk-2077-customisation-character-creator/

Like nothing about that feels off especially mixed in with other stuff and it can be ignored. Its just a games journalist mentioning it to articulate how many options there are. CD Projekt hasnt said anything themselves other than options will not be locked behind gender.

I mean, the way I look at this is in the context of the very sexualized pre-release stuff, and their previous record with the Witcher games. I get the feeling that they let you customize that with the intention that you will use it. And personally, I don't want to.

Which actually factors into why I was asking for a 'none' option on that. The option to just opt out of junk entirely would actually be rather promising to me in terms of how they consider that sort of thing. Whereas mandatory genitalia implies that they consider that an essential component for their game's content in some way, which implies vastly different priorities than I have.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The fact you can turn it off actually seems to state it's not that essential to me. If you don't want to engage with the sexual content you won't have to because the option to not customize or show your genitalia is there. Like if you want to be an asexual person who just doesn't have genitalia and that's remarked upon in the game universe, then I got nothing, sorry.

RagnarokAngel has a new favorite as of 03:38 on Sep 8, 2020

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Have they stated how many genitals you're limited too? I want to cover every inch of my character in dongs and vaginas.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

SpartanIvy posted:

Have they stated how many genitals you're limited too? I want to cover every inch of my character in dongs and vaginas.

I think if we want to explore cyberpunk thats the real question. Because the first thing someone would do is give themselves 2 dog dicks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hard pass if I can’t have claspers like a shark.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think if we want to explore cyberpunk thats the real question. Because the first thing someone would do is give themselves 2 dog dicks.

It is a knotty problem.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

is there an option for a prehensile dolphin-style dong that allows me to hold another gun or use it instead of my hands for interacting with switches and whatnot

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
See, this is why I want the option to literally cockblock a video game.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

blatman posted:

is there an option for a prehensile dolphin-style dong that allows me to hold another gun

Do you know how hard dolphins ejaculate? The gun is unnecesary.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

They removed it asfar as I’m aware and never even brought that excuse as a reasoning even when they tried to defend it.

I think people need to accept just because Cyberpunk is a genre with corporations are bad and has been used for more progressive messaging, doesn’t meant hey have too

RagnarokAngel posted:

Which incident? Because theres admittedly 2 major ones. One was the "Did you assume my gender?" Tweet which they fired the guy
https://kotaku.com/gogs-community-manager-was-fired-for-offensive-tweets-1830922081/

And the trans person poster
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/e3/2019/6/12/18662443/cyberpunk-2077-trans-advertisement-cd-projekt-red-e3-2019
The artist explains her reasoning. I immediately sided with her interpretation, that in the future trans people would be accepted but also means they can be fetishized was the intent. Portrayal doesnt mean condoning of the content.

If you think these aren't enough, too little too late or happened too many times to be a coincidence I get it. Their track record is not great, and I don't represent all queer people, but I just dont feel cause for alarm.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Cleretic posted:

See, this is why I want the option to literally cockblock a video game.

Because you hate jokes?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

That doesn't scan the way they intended, I think.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RagnarokAngel posted:

No you actually get to see the dong and design it.

Ain't progress something?

SpartanIvy posted:

I for one will not rest until there's DLC that lets you go full Malatora fifty-dicked dragon and/or Elise the Great's elf dick.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 13:28 on Sep 8, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Flipperwaldt posted:

They should have gone with the obvious Hellgium

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ain't progress something?

I for one will not rest until there's DLC that lets you go full Malatora fifty-dicked dragon and/or Elise the Great's elf dick.

I heard that motherfucker had like, thirty goddamn dicks.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I both do and don't want to know more

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

They should have gone with the obvious Hellgium

Red Alert 4?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I don't have to put up with this insanely filthy language.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene posted:

I both do and don't want to know more

Let me lay it on line he had two on the vine. I mean two sets of testicles so divine.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Bobby Digital posted:

None penis with left ball

This had me giggling before bed so much I had to go through an explanation of both Cyberpunk 2077 and the original pizza joke for my wife.

In a rare occurrence, even after having to explain a multilayered joke, she also laughed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
No bionic arms for me, I just want three penises.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's nice Codex found work after The Guild.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Flipperwaldt posted:

They could have done better but hell, Belgium.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

christmas boots posted:

in the industry we call that a threenis

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

blatman posted:

in the industry we call that a threenis

Whatever old man. All the cool kids call it a trenis

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

christmas boots posted:

*thoughtfully counts current number of arms and penises; quickly exits room*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Hey marvel, remember Dr Octopus? Well I've got some ideas.