Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Man I hope they at least print a bunch of new DVD box sets, still not got the last four seasons.

I need to get a new Season 1 as the first disc is corrupted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

F.U.C.K.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

This is one case where I'm not even gonna fully blame Adult Swim. I've got a good feeling this was a victim of AT&T's massive cuts they've being going through for a while in most everything Warner. Doesn't make me any less disappointed though, because gently caress this show was on it's way to being over. It felt like everything was coming to a head and could've ended in a season or two. To not even let them finish anything in the story is just kinda lovely. At least the final moments of the show are a Darkman parody, so I've at least got that to laugh about.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mid 2021: Venture Bros theFinal Season is announced for hbo max
Early 2023: HBO MAX is shut down
Summer 2023: we find out vb was cancelled all over again

DangerousSpoon
Feb 28, 2009

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Go(ne) Team Venture!

:smith:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TV Zombie posted:

I think that as an outsider coming in, the person in charge may have looked at the output in terms of total numbers of episodes versus years the show has been on, and thought that there weren’t enough episodes for its tenure.

If I'm not mistaken Venture Bros put out, on average, more episodes in a six year period of its lifetime than Rick and Morty have in their entire 7 years of existance.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

gently caress

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

If I'm not mistaken Venture Bros put out, on average, more episodes in a six year period of its lifetime than Rick and Morty have in their entire 7 years of existance.

Then what the hell, adult swim

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
gently caress 2020. gently caress it right in both of its 0's.

I will hold out hope for anything.

A flash-animated movie finale would be appropriate.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'd honestly be happy with a 'radio drama' where you just hear the actors read their lines and imagine the visuals in your head guided by narration in Billy and White's voice(s).

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TV Zombie posted:

I think it's safe to assume that this is either the first of many shows and employees to get the axe as AT&T reap a whirlwind of death, or this is a/the first of several attempts by the network to 'trim the fat' and avoid the aforementioned culling.

Lazzo leaving was necessary but not sufficient to lead to cancellation, but AT&T buying the network is more directly responsible.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'd honestly be happy with a 'radio drama' where you just hear the actors read their lines and imagine the visuals in your head guided by narration in Billy and White's voice(s).

Not like some of the cast doesn't already do that. A chunk of the cast has done either The Thrilling Adventure Hour, Welcome to Night Vale, or both.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

covid killed the venture bros

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/1303162122520723456

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Sounds like they don't want to give D&J the season that was promised and D&J aren't willing to compromise

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
With that tweet, maybe it really is down to just the new owners wanting to get rid of it. If the new guy running Adult Swim didn't want the show, I doubt he'd let them tweet out that they wanted more.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

looking forward to the motion comic in 2023

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Bro Dad posted:

looking forward to the motion comic in 2023

This but unironically

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Release a hardcover graphic novel series and I will eat it up. The art of this show is way too good to just be turned into a radio show.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Jackson started as a comics guy, i'd buy the poo poo out of a Venture Bros comic.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’d buy an art book that was just 70s-looking backgrounds and costumes sources from old Penny’s catalogues.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Servaetes posted:

That loving sucks. Robot Chicken is now the longest running Adult Swim original show.

Robot Chicken is only 10, Aqua Teen Hunger Force ran from 2000 to 2015 and got 14 seasons.

TV Zombie posted:

Rick and Morty makes a dumptruck full of money every second of the day, it is incredibly marketable in a way that VB never tried to be.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Amazon picked up the Tick, maybe Ben Edlund could put in a good word.

Ofc, the Tick didn’t last long, but if they’d just pay up for one season and let D&J wrap it up, I’d be disappointed, but satisfied.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Here’s me in 2017 meeting the Sovereign. Those were simpler times.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Bust Rodd posted:

Robot Chicken is only 10, Aqua Teen Hunger Force ran from 2000 to 2015 and got 14 seasons.

Longest running show still on the air unless you somehow count 12oz Mouse, but no normal person should

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

12 oz mouse is good, actually :colbert:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Well maybe they can work something out

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Sockser posted:

12 oz mouse is good, actually :colbert:

I haven't seen the newest stuff but it is some type of art, that's for sure.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
We're never going to find out whether Brock and Warriana went anywhere. :smith:

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

if they work something out this probably just added another year of production time to the next season. I mean I'll take it over nothing at all, obviously. But gosh.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I’m so loving sad about this.

I’ve been watching this show since the pilot aired, and I’ve never missed an episode since.

I was never mad about the long wait because it was always worth it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Well what the gently caress does this mean?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bust Rodd posted:

Well what the gently caress does this mean?

Cynically, it means they are offering false promises to soften the blowback they are getting

Optimistically, they are reconsidering their decision in the face of the blowback they are getting

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Cynically, it means they are offering false promises to soften the blowback they are getting

Optimistically, they are reconsidering their decision in the face of the blowback they are getting

Or in the middle, they're signalling that they're willing to listen to offers from other networks or media...

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Honestly just have like....a 2-hour movie on HBO Max that ties up the main plot and fix loose ends. Last season's finale ends on a very impactful cliffhanger so there's practically no where else to go but to end it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Fuuuuuuuuuuck
I want season 8 though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, it's either "Oh man, we totally wanted more too, but oh well" BS, them unable to reach an agreement on what the next season would be where Cartoon Network wanted to spend less money but Doc and Jackson not wanting to compromise what they wanted to do, or this came from on high and Cartoon Network really does want to be able to keep making the show but was forced to cancel.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AT&T has taken the axe to a lot of WB's properties so none of this is a big surprise at all. There was a giant firing of people at DC Comics just a couple of weeks ago, and at one point the entire WB Games division was reportedly up for sale until I guess they realized that it was profitable and selling it would be a bad idea.

I will be very surprised if we get more VB but never say never I guess. It sucks that now both this and Metalocalypse will probably never be finished.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FlamingLiberal posted:

AT&T has taken the axe to a lot of WB's properties so none of this is a big surprise at all. There was a giant firing of people at DC Comics just a couple of weeks ago, and at one point the entire WB Games division was reportedly up for sale until I guess they realized that it was profitable and selling it would be a bad idea.

I will be very surprised if we get more VB but never say never I guess. It sucks that now both this and Metalocalypse will probably never be finished.

I would buy that this is AT&T's doing, an outside company coming in and cutting a ton of stuff without really knowing it's value when they take over is a pretty standard (and sucky) practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I don't believe your lies.