Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Ash if it's a boy; Ashley if it's a girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I stand by my auto-correct mistake. :colbert:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The best part is this isn't even the first time a gender reveal parties dumbshit fireworks have sparked a major fire.

I DONT CARE WHAT loving SEX THE BABY IS KAREN, YER GETTING THE SAME loving GREEN DINOSAUR ONESIE AND BOOK I BUY ALL MY FRIENDS FOR BABY SHOWERS.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bert Roberge posted:

Is it a girl? Nah, it’s Arson.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

They should probably throw a few of these people in jail until people stop doing it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aren't their studies that show prison doesn't work as a deterrent

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

Aren't their studies that show prison doesn't work as a deterrent

For violent crimes, and drug-related offenses, yes AFAIK. Nothing I’m aware of about the effect of prison on gender reveal party holders. I say this needs nationwide testing to be sure there isn’t a regional effect. :colbert:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

some say the world will end in fire,
some say in ice

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
This is like Poland in WW2 but weather

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Syncopated posted:

some say the world will end in fire,
some say in ice

man the situation is almost as bad as that last season of game of thrones

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

ratbert90 posted:

lol

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

ratbert90 posted:

Korean Boomhauer posted:

chucking flashbangs and smokegrenades everywhere for my cs:go themed reveal party

Bert Roberge posted:

I should not be laughing as hard as I am about a devastating wildfire lol

Imagine how the kid will feel if they ever figure out it was their gender reveal that set this one off hahaha =[

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zarin posted:

Imagine how the kid will feel if they ever figure out it was their gender reveal that set this one off hahaha =[

Future X-Men storyline for sure.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

someone turned the climate sliders all the way up

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Is it snowing in the fire areas, but just not enough to extinguish? Hopefully it helps somewhat

The sight of snow falling on a mountain wildfire sounds like it'd be pretty cool

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
Peeked in here to see if there were any new Atlantic tropical storm updates (I'm in the bone zone, FL east coast) and holy loving poo poo :gonk:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Zarin posted:

there's already a kid out there with a cool story to tell about how their aunt got blown up in their gender reveal party

e: she wasn't completely blown up, just caught some shrapnel through the head and died

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/10/28/woman-killed-by-shrapnel-gender-reveal-party-explosion-iowa/

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Zarin posted:

any child currently in utero is going to have far far more pressing issues even assuming they make it to adulthood

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

there should be mountains across the valley over there

guess we’re all good though

lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Moot .1415926535 posted:

lol

Fires so bad they burned down the mountains.....fukt up

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/jasonbloch/status/1302757717753450496?s=21

It looks like an eruption column.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
eager to see the interplay of heavy ash combined with moisture and freezing temperatures

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
good time to be in the car wash business I guess

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Korean Boomhauer posted:

chucking flashbangs and smokegrenades everywhere for my cs:go themed reveal party

this terrorist is planting a bomb in that uterus

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

It's eerie as gently caress in Fort Collins today. It's noon but it's as dark as if the sun set half an hour ago. Ash falling from the sky like it's raining. That snow can't get here soon enough.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Pussy Boss posted:

It's eerie as gently caress in Fort Collins today. It's noon but it's as dark as if the sun set half an hour ago. Ash falling from the sky like it's raining. That snow can't get here soon enough.

That is the snow

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottLongmore/status/1302488187613319169

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
temp supposed to drop 44 degrees (92->58) between now and 11pm here on the front range with 60mph gusts, will report back as firethundersnow approaches

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

This is fine.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Moot .1415926535 posted:

lol

It’s snowing ash here in Fresno but the air quality is still “moderate” — because the sensors only detect small particles, not huge gobs of burnt debris :downs:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

this one is going for the blitz play

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/mollylambert/status/1303081670329868288

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

yeah we build tons of stupid things in the wrong places and kept too much underbrush from being cleared away by smaller wildfires, due to decades of firefighting to save suburban/rural human stuff. The extra heat and dryness from climate change do make things even worse though. I'm pretty sure we'd still be dealing with increased smoke from more frequent wildfires, even if all development in CA had been done responsibly. At least millions of people wouldn't be living in the middle of the fire zones though and the fires would be smaller

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/gringatears/status/1303110721224552448

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

The air quality here in Western Washington deteriorated really quickly. I was up in the Cascade Mountains and the sky was clear at 3pm. By 5pm it started smelling like smoke and by 6pm I saw bits of ash falling from the sky and decided to git. It was smokey all the way home. Now we're having an off-season wind storm that's blowing all that ash and smoke around and it feels like the apocalypse outside, ngl

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

There has been no official word yet but the rumor mill says that the Cameron peak fire in Colorado was also caused by someone shooting a gender reveal video.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hurricane Laura was caused by a gender reveal party in Senegal

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
So the fire that was burning north of me a couple weeks ago decided it wasn't done and they're now re-evacuating areas they had given the all-clear to.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Hurricane Laura was caused by a gender reveal party in Senegal

I take it, it was the standard Hurricane if it's a girl, Cyclone if it's a boy deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dr_rat posted:

I take it, it was the standard Hurricane if it's a girl, Cyclone if it's a boy deal?

hey buddy, that hits below the equator