Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

I laugh every time I see Football Team in a context like that. It has a real QB Eagles vibe.

QB Eagles (And also QB Bills and QB Browns) were cool and good. Football Team is bad and Snyder should be treated like his own cheerleaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Silly Burrito posted:

Mitch Trubisky will do that to a man.

It's fun to root for a bad qb to suck so he will get benched , it's not fun when the benching doesn't happen

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
^^^ yeah, that

I'm kind of excited for the season to start. But, having to watch the Bears is just,

Blegh.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Elephanthead posted:

Really no interest in Tampa Bay? Dolphins? Ravens? I mean come on you have got to have a little interest in watching the Ravens clown on defenses.
I just get the feeling the season will be canceled by like Week 5. Hope I'm wrong though!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Elephanthead posted:

Really no interest in Tampa Bay? Dolphins? Ravens? I mean come on you have got to have a little interest in watching the Ravens clown on defenses.

why would anyone be interested in the dolphins lol

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Better Than You posted:

I just get the feeling the season will be canceled by like Week 5. Hope I'm wrong though!

Yes, I am sure it will be canceled much like MLB, NBA, WNBA, NHL, European Soccer, etc. :rolleyes:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

why would anyone be interested in the dolphins lol

Tua is coming.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Silly Burrito posted:

Tua is coming.

Straight to IR

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

three posted:

Yes, I am sure it will be canceled much like MLB, NBA, WNBA, NHL, European Soccer, etc. :rolleyes:

Should have been when Florida/St. Louis had outbreaks
Bubble
Bubble
Bubble
Not informed on their setup

Meanwhile you got run plays with 10+ players breathing on one another, with fans allowed at many stadia, and a change in seasons which is likely to increase transmission rates.

What a farce.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm actually convinced the NFL season will largely go on fine. I was positive that MLB would have to cancel their season but they've seemingly weather the storms they've faced. Now, NFL has way more personnel but I think they'll manage. Now, does that mean no one will get covid? Does that mean that a game or two won't be postponed? No.

I mean the country is an absolute clusterfuck. The guy I know who is basically at this point a covid denier just posted on instagram him out on a boat in Redondo beach with hundreds of other people hanging out on their boats with Trump flags flying. But when i say go on fine I simply mean the NFL much like the Federal response to covid is they'll talk about it then largely just ignore the actual issues. You will need multiple marquee players coming down with it and actually one getting very ill for the NFL to respond in any way that I would consider responsible.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Never mind the NHL went to canada then bubbled up.

I can't wait to see what a simultaneous flu and covid infection does!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

three posted:

Get back to me when an entire offensive line is infected with COVID :D

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

three posted:

Did quarantines + packed schedules late summer to finish up the season that was interrupted in the spring. Bubbled up teams in Portugal and Germany to finish international tournaments. As soon as those seasons ended and players got a little free time, teams started getting positive covid tests back, including some of the stars (Neymar for example). Pretty sure the covid-positive players have gotten them going out to party, though, not on the job. But as has been said, compared to NFL, there's way less packing of players from both teams into tight quarters.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Never mind the NHL went to canada then bubbled up.

I can't wait to see what a simultaneous flu and covid infection does!

and the cfl cancelled the season

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Man its weird that just a couple years ago the Eagles won the SB.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

a neat cape posted:

Straight to IR

He doesn’t play for the Chargers though?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

I may not be vibrating with excitement for this particular season, but I can't wait to see what happens when Mahomes outgrows the need for an offensive coordinator. :allears:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TheBizzness posted:

He doesn’t play for the Chargers though?

no, but he is Tua

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Chinatown posted:

Man its weird that just a couple years ago the Eagles won the SB.

Big Dick Nick never forget

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Football is so drat soon. It will be short, but it will be fun as always.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
OBJ is trending on twitter and has been the last couple hours. Cleveland Steamer also is. I'll let you all figure it out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

soggybagel posted:

OBJ is trending on twitter and has been the last couple hours. Cleveland Steamer also is. I'll let you all figure it out.

We already know he has browns on his chest thoigh

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Baker's his quarterback, he has poo poo balls thrown his way all the time

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

as always, gently caress tom brady
https://twitter.com/BFawkes22/status/1303114575999569928

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Browns are cursed in a very special way that I wish Tom Brady was.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

So.....go Saints.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Silly Burrito posted:

So.....go Saints.

Hate to say it but yeah.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my brain is so broken that I read this and tried to understand how the pats are underdogs at home against miami

I still can't believe Brady is gone :psyberger:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ehud posted:

my brain is so broken that I read this and tried to understand how the pats are underdogs at home against miami

I still can't believe Brady is gone :psyberger:

Now is the Dolphins' time to shinedisappoint.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Always is the Dolphins' time to shinedisappoint.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Now is the Dolphins' time to shinedisappoint.

every 4 years or so there is a brief moment before a season where you find some national writers saying "hey don't sleep on miami this year! they added a lot of talent and I like their coach"

and this is one of those years

so we'll go like 7-9

and then next year we'll go 7-9

and then we'll blow it all up and start over again :thumbsup:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

soggybagel posted:

:chloe:

https://twitter.com/VersaceBoyEnt/status/1303144755631620101?s=20

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Maybe its lack of sleep but I can think of no context where that statement ends well.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Ohhhhnooo Odell "scatman" Beckham Jr

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Given all the possible universes in which news of the sexual proclivities of famous people breaks, an athlete saying "don't shower and take pics pooping" to a lady and the lady going " hell I'll take a video and try to makes it sexy" is down right refreshing and heart-warming.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cthulu Carl posted:

Given all the possible universes in which news of the sexual proclivities of famous people breaks, an athlete saying "don't shower and take pics pooping" to a lady and the lady going " hell I'll take a video and try to makes it sexy" is down right refreshing and heart-warming.

The potential creation of another swap.avi is neither refreshing nor heart-warming in any way.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

The potential creation of another swap.avi is neither refreshing nor heart-warming in any way.

It is when compared to it coming out that, say, odell is a star trek fan

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Phobeste posted:

It is when compared to it coming out that, say, odell is a star trek fan

Or a Pats fan.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just putting this here so we can all associate this with Odell for the rest of time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy8kmNEo1i8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

It's good to be a patriots fan OP