Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Relax Or DIE posted:

don't click, -31 dong inside

There is a mod for ck2 that adds dick and balls size traits and I really hope someone ports that to ck3 because it's just not the same without it

bone emulator fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Sep 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
current Game of Da Month is Heavily Modded Fallout: New Vegas. Spelunky 2 or 13 Sentinels could take it down tho

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I don't see why the PS5 has to match the Xbox's price, it's not like they won't sell out either way.

cause opening month isn't the only thing that's important?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Something made me want to play Heroes of Might and Magic 3, which I hadn’t touched in a long, long, long time. Maybe fifteen years

What a masterful game!! I’m trying to pay more attention to unit statistics now, but I could never figure out the “proper” amount of decked-out Heroes to recruit in a given map, and there’s this sense of FOMO where I’m like, “Am I spending too many movement points picking up resources I don’t need right this moment???”

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

I think everyone's in the same boat. There's just zero meaningful launch titles--Halo was postponed, along with stuff like Deathloop, etc etc. The Spiderman "sorta sequel" I guess? Avengers running at 60fps? Cyberpunk 2077 if it does still come out in November but your PC is trash? It has understandably been a bad year so I'm surprised the consoles themselves didn't get flat out postponed as a "gently caress it, see you in 2021" moment.

Games near launch don’t sell very well because it takes a while for people to buy the new console

So now we’re in a cycle where devs avoid new consoles and new consoles have no games to buy them for at launch

But either way I think they “release” in 2020 and they are super hard to get

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Games near launch don’t sell very well because it takes a while for people to buy the new console

So now we’re in a cycle where devs avoid new consoles and new consoles have no games to buy them for at launch

But either way I think they “release” in 2020 and they are super hard to get

The consoles are positioned well for cross-gen launch titles but apparently that's bad?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol that the first console to get a price was the one that hadn't been confirmed to exist yet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I keep a notecard in my pocket with all the Xbox names on them so I can keep them straight.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Jay Rust posted:

Something made me want to play Heroes of Might and Magic 3, which I hadn’t touched in a long, long, long time. Maybe fifteen years

What a masterful game!! I’m trying to pay more attention to unit statistics now, but I could never figure out the “proper” amount of decked-out Heroes to recruit in a given map, and there’s this sense of FOMO where I’m like, “Am I spending too many movement points picking up resources I don’t need right this moment???”

I never really had a set amount, just kept a few around for troop transport and picking stuff up/visiting creature dwellings with the armies focused on the main hero. The time it takes to pick up every pile of ore definitely adds up.

Make sure you're using the HD mod unless playing the lame stripped-down official HD version, a lot of useful features in that thing beyond just the resolution adjustment.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Imagining the guy who named the Wii U banging his head against a desk somewhere.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Imagining the guy who named the Wii U banging his head against a desk somewhere.

He's biding his time to reveal 'Switch Z' at the pitch meeting

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

50% of their problem wasn't the name of the system, it was that E3 trailer that simply called it "The New Gamepad". that was easily the biggest single blunder of the entire 2010s

the other problem was having a system that couldn't support UE4, so even a lot of indies couldn't run on Wii U

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1303318936893624320?s=20

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

The 7th Guest posted:

50% of their problem wasn't the name of the system, it was that E3 trailer that simply called it "The New Gamepad". that was easily the biggest single blunder of the entire 2010s

the other problem was having a system that couldn't support UE4, so even a lot of indies couldn't run on Wii U

Idk bud, I could think of a few things that may have had worse effects.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LawfulWaffle posted:

Idk bud, I could think of a few things that may have had worse effects.
yeah i totally meant of all of humanity and not just video games!!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I loved my WiiU and it was responsible for helping me getting back into enjoying gaming and life. That sounds ridiculous I know, but it really was one of several life things that put me in a good mental place. :) I love the WiiU.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

I loved my WiiU and it was responsible for helping me getting back into enjoying gaming and life. That sounds ridiculous I know, but it really was one of several life things that put me in a good mental place. :) I love the WiiU.

:kimchi:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My hero

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Same here. The WiiU reminded me that colorful, light hearted, well made games are the best kind of games.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I really like the Wii U and I still intend to plug it in so I can play Wind Waker HD which I bought like a month before I got a Switch and never got off Outset Island. The main issue is that I don't have that many free plugs in my living room and having so much poo poo to have to plug in meant that it was always the first thing to get packed away when I needed to plug something else in on a semi-permanent basis.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I spent another 8 hours yesterday assassinating kings of england as now queen of ireland and folks it doesn't stop getting fun. i realize this is a dire tonal whip from vg's post.

edit: in ck3

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The WiiU got a bad rap, but it had a ton of amazing games.

Which are now all available on the Switch :v:

I think we're legit at just Wind Waker not on Switch for first party Nintendo titles yeah?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I spent the weekend trying the sword remake in Dauntless. It's pretty fun. Recursive Mod is dope.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Twilight Princess, Color Splash (though this might be covered by Origami), Fatal Frame technically, Xenoblade X, Starfox Zero, NES Remix, Game & Wario, Nintendoland, Amiibo Festival, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse....

Now how many of these could work or are games people want.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Mine is still in my TV cabinet next to my PS4 and my PS2 (I recently got an HDMI adapter for the PS2) and I used that hack to allow me to copy all my games to my WiiU hard drive from the discs :D I love not having to swap out my discs anymore!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Infinitum posted:

I think we're legit at just Wind Waker not on Switch for first party Nintendo titles yeah?

Nintendoland was pretty fun, especially since I got my system a few years after launch so there wasn't any large pressure on needing to feel like the title was some huge important thing. By 2014 it was just a nice oddity. Which is more than you can say for some launch games throughout history nobody remembers like...

uh

Ryse? That was a Box One launch game right?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
And yeah NES Remix 1 and 2 are fantastic fun, especially in a party setting with everyone trying to get the best times :D

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo Land was so successful they're doing it for real

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Waffleman_ posted:

Twilight Princess, Color Splash (though this might be covered by Origami), Fatal Frame technically, Xenoblade X, Starfox Zero, NES Remix, Game & Wario, Nintendoland, Amiibo Festival, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse....

Also the Metroid Prime trilogy.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Infinitum posted:

almost

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I remember this game getting review scores in the range of 1 - 3 / 10.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

i mean X is the only good Xenoblade game so it'd be nice to see that ported i guess

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Devils Third is really bad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Remember motion games? :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nELri8rymDA

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Keep safe. Is there anything you can do to keep yourself and your dog at least a little safe from the smoke and ash?

There really wasn't. :( The smell is mostly gone now this morning, but sleeping last night was rough.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Star Fox GUARD was a good game that was sadly overlooked in the furor over Zero's controls. One of the few games that really justified the gamepad from a gameplay perspective, to the point where I'm not sure how any other hardware could replicate the experience.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kingdoms of Amular Remaster is an extremely barebones update, that is very disappointing and doesn't leave me a lot of hope for the fact that THQ Nordics next remaster is apparently TimeSplitters 1 - 3.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo just stealth dropping announcements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifm8tpcO4vw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo just stealth dropping announcements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifm8tpcO4vw

Pleasantly surprised that this wasn't a stick bug.