Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Pivo posted:

Nah PTT in shooters sucks. I used to rock PTT everywhere but I put in the effort to configure my levels properly and use a decent mic (ModMic, not $$$$) and its fantastic. Pretty rarely do I see it activate when I’m not talking. Call outs are much easier. Just make sure you bind a global key to mute mic (or get an inline switch) so you can do noisy stuff without annoying everyone. I rock Krisp.io for AI noise cancelling too (it’s integrated into Discord these days but I subbed to it for work) and people often say my mic levels are 👌 and voice is clear. NVIDIA’s AI noise suppression is awesome too if you are on Turing!

Just put a tiny bit of effort into your setup and you too can have really a enjoyable effortless voice chat experience.

Of course people who can’t be bothered to configure things properly should use PTT. Open mics are annoying. That is another good reason to play with Discord goons because ppl will mock you for egregious open mic. I try to leave voice open when I play MP with randos but 9/10 of games the chucklefucks cause me to hit F9

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Season 5 has been a rollercoaster in that the game went from almost the worst it's been since launch with the Bruen meta, to the best it's been since launch after the Bruen nerf, then back to the worst it's been since launch with the rise of the Origin meta.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Played for the first time in a few days today. Did they remove the vehicles?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

What's with the score board and lobby list showing random digits after names instead of clan tags and also why can't I see any of my friends online in the lobby

Why does this happen every other patch

gently caress

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Action Serious posted:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Action Serious posted:

There's currently a Warzone bug where if you drive vehicles into a certain part of the map it crashes the whole server, so they're disabled until the bug is fixed.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
The origin’s amazing. It’s the only reliable way to take out whole squads looking to hunt you down inside buildings.

For all the talk of “gunfeel” literally nothing beats the satisfaction of strafing out of a hallway and wellying a bunch of shots into a charging team and watching them hit the deck.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Laserface posted:

What's with the score board and lobby list showing random digits after names instead of clan tags and also why can't I see any of my friends online in the lobby

Why does this happen every other patch

gently caress

I'm astonished at each new thing that gets broken in this game

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I'm astonished at each new thing that gets broken in this game

It doesn't seem to be a bug; they just changed the scoreboard to display your full CoD ID instead of your username and clan tag.

Who the gently caress knows why, though.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Lemon-Lime posted:

It doesn't seem to be a bug; they just changed the scoreboard to display your full CoD ID instead of your username and clan tag.

easier to get cheaters names probably

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lemon-Lime posted:

The bigger problem is the friends list thing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You lame as hell unless you have a #0 next to your name

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

that is your score

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

moist turtleneck posted:

yeah virgins get to pound zero

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

Does a #0 mean you have a unique ID?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yall just jealous

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
*cough* not a real win *cough*

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

yall just jealous

Kinda surprised that there are so many people with that first name there.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dad mode is real and we get trophies too and if we get extra we give them to our kids for being #0 son

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure the number is always a 7 digit id

so if name is cool you get a 0

but if name is boring and lame and multiple people have it they hash it out with an id

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

moist turtleneck posted:

but if name is boring and lame and multiple people have it they hash it out with an id

your name is a p good euhemism for a foreskin

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

There is definitely another PastaLavista because I found him and killed him in a warzone game

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i wonder if i am the only TOM BRADY

e: also

https://i.imgur.com/rTqY1za.mp4

2 point conversion

Worf fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 8, 2020

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
i refuse to believe there is another person out there called "an real dragon".

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oh yeah if you dont have the weed skin yet you probably need it for that billowing smoke on the suv and truck

https://i.imgur.com/znYhmoa.gifv

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Does preordering give any battle pass levels? I just preordered Cold War had to restart for the 200mb update and when I came back I was given 10 free Battle Pass levels, trying to figure out why.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

yall just jealous

Imagine winning plunder by killing other people lmao nice supply boxes count, scrub

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Get on my level and pump up those supply box / minute numbers

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Imagine paying 300 dollars for an account.

https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/1303335647680237569?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rip to the real ones that had their account stolen.

Kiz, Streyr, R Kid

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder what happens with MW specific mechanics when Warzone gets integrated into BLOPs. I'm guessing WZ is permanently routed in MW2019 and BLOPs related additions will be limited to stuff like guns, characters, possibly locations etc? Like, I can't imagine they will get rid of mounting and tactical sprint in WZ just because Blops doesn't have them.

But even then the new BLOPs looks to have very different shooting mechanics from MW 2019 so I wonder if the guns will perform the same in WZ as Blops or if they will essentially have to be redesigned for Modern Warfare. I really don't get how all of this stuff is going to work tbh.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
They’ll probably go in the bin... along with my battle pass. Joke but seriously I’ve already got buyers remorse just seeing the leaked footage of the new game.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Lemon-Lime posted:

It has to be a bug... I'm on Xbone and it's very confusing while in a game. It's impossible to tell if your opposing team is stacked full of one clan since you can't see any clan tags in the scoreboard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it looks really unimpressive. After all of the new stuff MW 2019 brought to the table, it's pretty hard to get excited for it. I wholly expect MW owners to get nudged into F2P territory when it comes out though. So assuming I'm still playing WZ it might get really annoying when some new OP gun gets released and it takes a month to level instead of an hour in Nuketown or whatever.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

mounting guns was awesome, RIP best COD

E: otoh, idk what the RPG and wall-shooting meta looks like for MP in blops yet so, ill reserve judgement

its also hard for me to hate on a game where the m16 will (presumably?) be good (and also exist)

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
New Blops looks like an identical engine in terms of movement and weapon behaviour, I imagine the only differences across the games will be the damage values.
Would be neat if guns could be across multiplayers but thats probably crazytalk.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Laserface posted:

PC players in our party sound like hot garbage. PS4 isnt much better, Xbox seems to be the best quality codec, although I am on xbox so maybe there is some re-encoding going on between platforms.

a british friend of mine moved from PS4 to xbox after his ps4 died and his accent and voice sound entirely different than on PS4.

PC players seem to have terrible noise cancellation. the 3 in my group all sound like rubbish and you hear everything in the background triggering the mic.

They might not be aware of the in game noise suppression option. Usually you need to bump it up to about 3.5 or so to keep background noise out.

I use both in game and discord regularly depending on which group of friends I play with and it mostly sounds the same once the in game comm filter is turned off, the only real difference comes from peoples mics.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

The other night, right before bed, I dropped into Plunder to try out the burst Fennec I just unlocked (and to continue leveling it a bit).

Then this happened (Sharing via Twitter because I'm lazy):

https://twitter.com/highlifelowlife/status/1303448028305645568

I'm proud that I managed to get the second kill because otherwise I was dying laughing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WirelessPillow posted:

New Blops looks like an identical engine in terms of movement and weapon behaviour, I imagine the only differences across the games will be the damage values.
Would be neat if guns could be across multiplayers but thats probably crazytalk.

it's a completely "new" engine built off the blops 3 toolset. They're using nothing from MW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Inner Light posted:

It has to be a bug... I'm on Xbone and it's very confusing while in a game. It's impossible to tell if your opposing team is stacked full of one clan since you can't see any clan tags in the scoreboard.

No, I'm sure IW considers that a feature.